Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #2566
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I am downloading pictures to photobucket of the Lion King section at AoA. I didn't realize I took 60 pictures. Now to figure out which to post and which not. By far, my favorite section was the Cars section.

Checked out what little of the Mermaid section we could see from the fence. The set up is exactly like Pop Century. The doors open to the outside, unlike the Cars, Nemo and Lion King sections where the doors open to an interior hallway.

Pictures to come soon!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #2567
cgncga
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I am downloading pictures to photobucket of the Lion King section at AoA. I didn't realize I took 60 pictures. Now to figure out which to post and which not. By far, my favorite section was the Cars section.

Checked out what little of the Mermaid section we could see from the fence. The set up is exactly like Pop Century. The doors open to the outside, unlike the Cars, Nemo and Lion King sections where the doors open to an interior hallway.

Pictures to come soon!
We'll be staying in the Little Mermaid section for one night in October (before our 3 night cruise) so I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #2568
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

Pictures to come soon!
Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm not a huge Cars fan and neither is my family, so what would you say is the second best section? I've really gotten on my parents to plan a trip for spring, so hopefully it's gonna happen!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #2569
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What do ya mean...which ones to post? I want to see all of 'em!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #2570
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgncga View Post
We'll be staying in the Little Mermaid section for one night in October (before our 3 night cruise) so I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Sweet! A cruise!! I guess my Cars section pictures are on my phone from the other week. I will post them after I get these up. The mermaid section wasn't open yet, so the pictures are from a distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm not a huge Cars fan and neither is my family, so what would you say is the second best section? I've really gotten on my parents to plan a trip for spring, so hopefully it's gonna happen!
Depends on the price you are looking for. The Nemo, Cars, and Lion King section are suites and you will pay a premium for those. The Mermaid rooms are rooms like POP, no suites, 2 double beds and a bathroom - a typical motel room - but with superb Little Mermaid accents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What do ya mean...which ones to post? I want to see all of 'em!
Many are the same thing different angles, different settings, lol.

Ok, here they come.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #2571
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Looks like a really fun, but wet, area for kids. I better bring Mark a change of clothes.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #2572
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The resort sign

Heading towards the main building

Close up of McQueen

The Chandelier

Walking outside heading towards the Lion King Section, standing outside the food court looking at the Nemo section then heading left to the Lion King section

Zooming in

Someone's getting a gift basket!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #2574
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Great pictures! It looks like Anakin is having a lot of fun exploring the grounds!

We are interested in a suite for sure, so I guess that narrows it to Finding Nemo and The Lion King. I'm betting we're gonna go with The Lion King just because I think my family's general consensus will be that we prefer it.

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #2575
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Scar (Little Mermaid section is in the backround)

Zazu

The back of the building

More to come... (I need to check on Anakin's school work, he is yelling for Mama to come look!)

Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #2576
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Ninja posting going on. I'm posting about the splash area at Dumbo and you're posting these great pictures of AoA. Although I still don't want to stay there, I must go visit...too many photo ops. Great pictures, Tink.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #2577
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Looks like a really fun, but wet, area for kids. I better bring Mark a change of clothes.
ROFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Great pictures! It looks like Anakin is having a lot of fun exploring the grounds!

We are interested in a suite for sure, so I guess that narrows it to Finding Nemo and The Lion King. I'm betting we're gonna go with The Lion King just because I think my family's general consensus will be that we prefer it.
The Nemo Section has the main theme pool. The Cars section has it's own pool too. The Lion King Section does not have it's own pool. If that makes a difference to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ninja posting going on. I'm posting about the splash area at Dumbo and you're posting these great pictures of AoA. Although I still don't want to stay there, I must go visit...too many photo ops. Great pictures, Tink.
Yep. And still more to come. Be sure to eat there! The food is outstanding!!! I recommend the Surf and Surf Burger with seasoned fries! The cole slaw is yucky, imho.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #2578
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

The grounds are amazing!! Disney does the landscaping and all that like no other. Wow!! Thank you for sharing!!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #2579
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The grounds are amazing!! Disney does the landscaping and all that like no other. Wow!! Thank you for sharing!!
Yes!! They did an awesome job of making you feel like you are right in the movie.

I hope to be back later to post the construction of mermaid pics and the lake and the lake view pictures.

Anakin is very excited about his school work today. He really "gets" it today. He is almost done with his seatwork, so I'll be needed for the rest of it.

I don't know if you remember, but part of his occupational therapy was making diagonals. He was unable. This wasn't part of his lessons, but he asked to learn how to make arrows. He can make arrows now, they have 2 diagonals!! Now the handwriting is coming together so much better!!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #2580
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Mermaid Section construction

Looks like no fishing here

Nice view of POP and other resorts

View of POP

Pin Trading Board

Topiary outside of EoS at DTD

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: