Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #2566
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,530

I am downloading pictures to photobucket of the Lion King section at AoA. I didn't realize I took 60 pictures. Now to figure out which to post and which not. By far, my favorite section was the Cars section.

Checked out what little of the Mermaid section we could see from the fence. The set up is exactly like Pop Century. The doors open to the outside, unlike the Cars, Nemo and Lion King sections where the doors open to an interior hallway.

Pictures to come soon!
lovethattink is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #2567
cgncga
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I am downloading pictures to photobucket of the Lion King section at AoA. I didn't realize I took 60 pictures. Now to figure out which to post and which not. By far, my favorite section was the Cars section.

Checked out what little of the Mermaid section we could see from the fence. The set up is exactly like Pop Century. The doors open to the outside, unlike the Cars, Nemo and Lion King sections where the doors open to an interior hallway.

Pictures to come soon!
We'll be staying in the Little Mermaid section for one night in October (before our 3 night cruise) so I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures.
cgncga is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #2568
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I am downloading pictures to photobucket of the Lion King section at AoA. I didn't realize I took 60 pictures. Now to figure out which to post and which not. By far, my favorite section was the Cars section.

Checked out what little of the Mermaid section we could see from the fence. The set up is exactly like Pop Century. The doors open to the outside, unlike the Cars, Nemo and Lion King sections where the doors open to an interior hallway.

Pictures to come soon!
Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm not a huge Cars fan and neither is my family, so what would you say is the second best section? I've really gotten on my parents to plan a trip for spring, so hopefully it's gonna happen!
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #2569
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,751

What do ya mean...which ones to post? I want to see all of 'em!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #2570
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgncga View Post
We'll be staying in the Little Mermaid section for one night in October (before our 3 night cruise) so I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Sweet! A cruise!! I guess my Cars section pictures are on my phone from the other week. I will post them after I get these up. The mermaid section wasn't open yet, so the pictures are from a distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm not a huge Cars fan and neither is my family, so what would you say is the second best section? I've really gotten on my parents to plan a trip for spring, so hopefully it's gonna happen!
Depends on the price you are looking for. The Nemo, Cars, and Lion King section are suites and you will pay a premium for those. The Mermaid rooms are rooms like POP, no suites, 2 double beds and a bathroom - a typical motel room - but with superb Little Mermaid accents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What do ya mean...which ones to post? I want to see all of 'em!
Many are the same thing different angles, different settings, lol.

Ok, here they come.
lovethattink is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #2571
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,885

Looks like a really fun, but wet, area for kids. I better bring Mark a change of clothes.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #2572
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,530



The resort sign



Heading towards the main building



Close up of McQueen



The Chandelier





Walking outside heading towards the Lion King Section, standing outside the food court looking at the Nemo section then heading left to the Lion King section



Zooming in





Someone's getting a gift basket!











lovethattink is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #2574
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights
 
addictedtonostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 176

Great pictures! It looks like Anakin is having a lot of fun exploring the grounds!

We are interested in a suite for sure, so I guess that narrows it to Finding Nemo and The Lion King. I'm betting we're gonna go with The Lion King just because I think my family's general consensus will be that we prefer it.
__________________
Meredith 21 year old Disney fanatic hoping to intern at Living with the Land in Spring '14

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #2575
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,530


Scar (Little Mermaid section is in the backround)









Zazu





The back of the building









More to come... (I need to check on Anakin's school work, he is yelling for Mama to come look!)





lovethattink is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #2576
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,885

Ninja posting going on. I'm posting about the splash area at Dumbo and you're posting these great pictures of AoA. Although I still don't want to stay there, I must go visit...too many photo ops. Great pictures, Tink.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #2577
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Looks like a really fun, but wet, area for kids. I better bring Mark a change of clothes.
ROFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Great pictures! It looks like Anakin is having a lot of fun exploring the grounds!

We are interested in a suite for sure, so I guess that narrows it to Finding Nemo and The Lion King. I'm betting we're gonna go with The Lion King just because I think my family's general consensus will be that we prefer it.
The Nemo Section has the main theme pool. The Cars section has it's own pool too. The Lion King Section does not have it's own pool. If that makes a difference to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ninja posting going on. I'm posting about the splash area at Dumbo and you're posting these great pictures of AoA. Although I still don't want to stay there, I must go visit...too many photo ops. Great pictures, Tink.
Yep. And still more to come. Be sure to eat there! The food is outstanding!!! I recommend the Surf and Surf Burger with seasoned fries! The cole slaw is yucky, imho.
lovethattink is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #2578
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,020

The grounds are amazing!! Disney does the landscaping and all that like no other. Wow!! Thank you for sharing!!
kaoden39 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #2579
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The grounds are amazing!! Disney does the landscaping and all that like no other. Wow!! Thank you for sharing!!
Yes!! They did an awesome job of making you feel like you are right in the movie.

I hope to be back later to post the construction of mermaid pics and the lake and the lake view pictures.

Anakin is very excited about his school work today. He really "gets" it today. He is almost done with his seatwork, so I'll be needed for the rest of it.

I don't know if you remember, but part of his occupational therapy was making diagonals. He was unable. This wasn't part of his lessons, but he asked to learn how to make arrows. He can make arrows now, they have 2 diagonals!! Now the handwriting is coming together so much better!!
lovethattink is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #2580
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,530


Mermaid Section construction













Looks like no fishing here








Nice view of POP and other resorts



View of POP







Pin Trading Board





Topiary outside of EoS at DTD



lovethattink is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: