Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #2551
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just keepin' up!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #2552
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Hi!! Joining in on the TR.......saw you have read Kingdom Keepers? Did you like it? Was thinking of ordering for the Kindle.

Hope you have a great day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #2553
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just keepin' up!!!
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Hi!! Joining in on the TR.......saw you have read Kingdom Keepers? Did you like it? Was thinking of ordering for the Kindle.

Hope you have a great day!
Welcome!

I really enjoyed Kingdom Keepers I and II, reading III now! Sometimes the inaccuracies bother me, but other than that, its a quick read and holds my interest! Read it and you'll never look at It's a Small World the same, lol.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #2554
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Time for another Fantasyland Expansion update!!!

Monday Musings are back! We went to the MK to check out the Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station. Anakin LOVED it!! I saw lots of dry children enter, but didn't see any dry children leave. Why? Because they were SOAKED!!

One mom was donning a bikini, other parents were trying to keep an eye on their kids without becoming soaked themselves. I stayed outside of the area, taking pictures with my new anniversary present. Goofy got me a Nikkon 3100 for our 21st Anniversary! It's a great beginner camera, and such a big leap from my little lumix point and shoot!

The pictures are downloading to photobucket now.

There has been so much work done in the last week to the expansion area. From last Monday to this Monday so much has gone up! We spotted lots of construction, measuring, drilling, and hammering. Things are really coming along!

Check back for pictures shortly!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #2555
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Read it and you'll never look at It's a Small World the same, lol.

So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Time for another Fantasyland Expansion update!!!

Monday Musings are back! We went to the MK to check out the Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station. Anakin LOVED it!! I saw lots of dry children enter, but didn't see any dry children leave. Why? Because they were SOAKED!!

One mom was donning a bikini, other parents were trying to keep an eye on their kids without becoming soaked themselves. I stayed outside of the area, taking pictures with my new anniversary present. Goofy got me a Nikkon 3100 for our 21st Anniversary! It's a great beginner camera, and such a big leap from my little lumix point and shoot!

The pictures are downloading to photobucket now.

There has been so much work done in the last week to the expansion area. From last Monday to this Monday so much has gone up! We spotted lots of construction, measuring, drilling, and hammering. Things are really coming along!

Check back for pictures shortly!
Ooh how fun!! I think those splash areas are so great!!

Happy Anniversary!! A camera is a great gift for you!! I can hardly wait to see the pictures you take with it!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #2556
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

One family with one mission: Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station

Armed with a new camera we set off WDW. While Goofy drove, I studied the manual and was overwhelmed by terms I am not familiar with. Realizing that AUTO is the best mode for now I took some practice pictures, learned how to change the lens, figured out the flash, and we were good to go. Good thing too, we were already parked at the TTC.

We got out of the car and started our trek to the monorail. We met a W.I.S.H family enroute. In case they are reading, hey Matty! I hope you had a great day! Matty is a year older than Anakin. They had to go get their tickets and GAC since they were staying at the Nickolodean Hotel, so that was the last we saw of them as we headed into the MK.

I stopped to take a picture of the castle. I chopped off the top of the castle, and learned that I needed to figure out how to use all the boxes in my view finder to center better. You’ll see many of my pictures are heavier on the right side.

We got near the Tea Cups and stopped to watch a crane pick up a huge beam.

I caught a glimpse of Tigger and turned around and snapped he and Pooh! Tigger sends kisses!

The back side of that building. (Any idea what this building will be?)

We were in awe of the worker with a bungee cord attached who was measuring the mountain. I went overboard taking pictures. Guess you can’t be afraid of heights to have his job!

The new castle, it’s soooo small

Over by Pinochio Hause and where Dumbo use to be

All this picture taking and Anakin is getting antsy for the water area. I thought it would be a good idea to bring his swim suit and a shirt and extra underware for just in case. My plan was he changes into this before splashing. He and Goofy’s plan, I don’t know, but it didn’t match mine. They went down there in their street clothes. 3 steps down. It was slow going to Anakin but he did them unassisted! My job was to take pictures and see if there was any other ways to exit the area so we don’t lose him.

After about 10 minutes Anakin was finished and SOAKED! To dry off we were going to play one round of SMK. But as we passed by the Pinocchio Haus, we decided to stop in and get a pizza, salad and fries to split. The gluten free pizza here didn’t taste as good as the one at Landscapes of Flavor yet I swear they are the same brand?!

Anakin wanted out of his wet clothing, so Goofy took him to the restroom to get changed into his bathing suit and shirt. Now he was sporting Grumpy’s old Sponge Bob pajama top and royal bue and white hibiscus swimwear. He was styling…NOT. I don’t think anyone knew he was wearing a PJ top though, but I did. Oh well, it matched his Sponge Bob water shoes, lol.

After a round of SMK, we were headed back to the TTC then off to AoA…

Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #2557
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Great photos!!

The splash area looks so fun!! I must admit there is a mister in DCA that I always walk through. I love it!!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #2558
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
So true!!

Ooh how fun!! I think those splash areas are so great!!

Happy Anniversary!! A camera is a great gift for you!! I can hardly wait to see the pictures you take with it!!
Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Great photos!!

The splash area looks so fun!! I must admit there is a mister in DCA that I always walk through. I love it!!
The misters are great. These soaked the people. But there was a periodic lull when it gave a break from the squirting.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #2559
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Men often have a funny way of thinking but I was still surprised when you said that the hubby and Anakin went right on into the play area without changing Anakin's clothes first. Makes you wonder about their thought process doesn't it?

Yay for Anakin making those three steps all by himself! Way to go buddy!

The play area looks so cute. It was still behind walls when we went so I only got to see the tip top of the wagon and animals in it.

I don't think you went overboard with the construction pictures at all. I love seeing how things are shaping up.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #2560
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Wow, it looks like the construction is really going well, thanks for all the pictures!

The new splash area looked like a hit, not sure I follow Goofy's reasoning either, but glad Anakin navigated the stairs and was able to enjoy it.

I couldn't really tell from the pictures---did the splash area have any gimmicks or was it just kind of like a fountain?

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #2561
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good to see the construction is progressing !!!The new restaurant is definately on my radar for our Grannie trip!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #2562
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Men often have a funny way of thinking but I was still surprised when you said that the hubby and Anakin went right on into the play area without changing Anakin's clothes first. Makes you wonder about their thought process doesn't it?

Yay for Anakin making those three steps all by himself! Way to go buddy!

The play area looks so cute. It was still behind walls when we went so I only got to see the tip top of the wagon and animals in it.

I don't think you went overboard with the construction pictures at all. I love seeing how things are shaping up.
The ironic part, was after he did change Anakin's clothing, a thunderstorm started to brew. We were playing SMK and had some light rain, but the storm was either ahead or behind us because we didn't get drenched. Yet walking out of the park the park there were big puddles.

We stopped at the bakery for an icecream sandwich to share, got our food and sat down stood at the counter because there were no seats. (Anakin's w/c fit in perfectly at the counter so he had a seat.) And the skies opened up. We finished eating and the rain stopped.

Glad you enjoy the construction pics. Things have really take off there with the construction and at the Grand Floridian! For the longest time it seemed like nothing was going on and all of the sudden the progress is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Wow, it looks like the construction is really going well, thanks for all the pictures!

The new splash area looked like a hit, not sure I follow Goofy's reasoning either, but glad Anakin navigated the stairs and was able to enjoy it.

I couldn't really tell from the pictures---did the splash area have any gimmicks or was it just kind of like a fountain?
I didn't go in that area, I was taking pictures from outside it. I think it was just fountains. I didn't see any gimmicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Good to see the construction is progressing !!!The new restaurant is definately on my radar for our Grannie trip!!!
The new restaurant sounds awesome! Can't wait for it to open. Sounds like it would be a great dinner option for the Grannie trip!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #2563
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Love the pics!! They've come a long way with the construction in 2 months LOL Crazy!! Looks like Anakin had a blast!!! Awesome with the steps too!!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #2564
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Great pics ! It seems like it's taking SO long for the expansion .. but I sure can't wait until it's done !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #2565
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Love the pics!! They've come a long way with the construction in 2 months LOL Crazy!! Looks like Anakin had a blast!!! Awesome with the steps too!!
I know. All of the sudden it seems like the construction bloomed!

Looks like once crowd levels and temps go down, we will be heading back to Epcot to Mexico to work on stairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Great pics ! It seems like it's taking SO long for the expansion .. but I sure can't wait until it's done !!
Thanks. It's so exciting to have some huge changes at the parks. I read on facebook that there is an expansion coming to DHS in the future? And there has been talk of Animal Kingdom having an Avatarland or something? DTD is getting a new Phinneas and Ferb thing starting Sept 1, I saw on the Disney blog!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: