Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #2491
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
It was! Now I'm craving the surf and turf burger again, lol!
I kept asking myself where the "turf" was in that surf and turf burger. After extensive investigation (i.e. I googled) I found that it is called the Surf and Surf Burger. Ah, makes much more sense to me now. Did the crabcake part have lots of nice jumbo lump crabmeat and very little filler (you know, a true Maryland-style crabcake) or was it full of filler with flecks of crabmeat (what the rest of the world thinks is a crabcake)?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #2492
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

OMG...love the pictures of AoA! I want to stay there! Sorry about the awful ordering experience, ugh! I had when resturants can't get it together. The surf and turf burger looks so yummy...adding it to my WDW food list!

As for photo resizing. I upload into photo bucket and then I do my resizing...one picture at a time. I click on the picture that I want to resize from the main album view page (one with all the page pictures showing), once I have just that picture drag your mouse along the top of the picture and a hortizontal menu bar appears which about 1/4 of the way across the picture says RESIZE and I pull down that drop down menu with my cursor to select the size...if it is a picture that I want to showcase then I usually select 640 and all others I select 400. It will ask you once you click on the resize, if you are sure you want to do this (it cant be reversed once resized), click okay and then it resizes. I have noticed that there is a delay between when I resize and post the picture on DIS, usually not more than a day and the picture link resizes. I hope this helps. It takes awhile to do.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #2493
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I kept asking myself where the "turf" was in that surf and turf burger. After extensive investigation (i.e. I googled) I found that it is called the Surf and Surf Burger. Ah, makes much more sense to me now. Did the crabcake part have lots of nice jumbo lump crabmeat and very little filler (you know, a true Maryland-style crabcake) or was it full of filler with flecks of crabmeat (what the rest of the world thinks is a crabcake)?
LOL, I never noticed that and nobody there corrected me when I ordered. The crab cake had lots of lumps of crabmeat, very little filler. The shrimp on top were mostly fried batter though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
OMG...love the pictures of AoA! I want to stay there! Sorry about the awful ordering experience, ugh! I had when resturants can't get it together. The surf and turf burger looks so yummy...adding it to my WDW food list!

As for photo resizing. I upload into photo bucket and then I do my resizing...one picture at a time. I click on the picture that I want to resize from the main album view page (one with all the page pictures showing), once I have just that picture drag your mouse along the top of the picture and a hortizontal menu bar appears which about 1/4 of the way across the picture says RESIZE and I pull down that drop down menu with my cursor to select the size...if it is a picture that I want to showcase then I usually select 640 and all others I select 400. It will ask you once you click on the resize, if you are sure you want to do this (it cant be reversed once resized), click okay and then it resizes. I have noticed that there is a delay between when I resize and post the picture on DIS, usually not more than a day and the picture link resizes. I hope this helps. It takes awhile to do.
I hope you get to stay there! I went pro because I keep exceeding my monthly limit, so I can chose a different size for web when I download the picture and it will still save the original picture. At least from what I read on their help screen. But I had no idea what size the numbers would end up. Now you have given me a ball park idea.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #2494
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

thanks for sharing photos...we are definately going to stay there Nov 2013...checked Poly will be about $450 a night, so not in my budget even for one night

sorry for the CM issue, seems like they need somemore training! food looks yummy!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #2496
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm sure you'll love AoA!! You can always go to the Poly for a meal or a dole whip or just to walk around.
sure we will too...yes we can and will be much cheaper

Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #2497
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

AOA looks and sounds amazing !! I can't wait to get back to WDW and check it out. Haven't decided when and if we'll stay there soon .. but I still want to see it in person.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #2498
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
AOA looks and sounds amazing !! I can't wait to get back to WDW and check it out. Haven't decided when and if we'll stay there soon .. but I still want to see it in person.
It's definately worth checking out! More pics of the resort from that evening coming. Just keep in mind that only the Nemo section was opened then.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #2499
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

After we ate, we walked around. For many years we have stayed at Pop and looked across at a vacant building, then at construction. Now we were looking at a beautifully completed area of the resort looking over at Pop Century.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #2500
mommy2mrb

okay that just made my decision...we are definately staying at AoA. love all the theme items! Anakin looks like he enjoyed posing for photos!

Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #2501
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Goodness gracious AoA is huge!! Well at least compared to the places at the DLR.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #2502
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

I am going to have to get 2 different rooms in 2 different areas...Ab will want a Nemo room and the boys in Cars...Do they happen to have a Doc model like they do sherrif? That is my big boys favorite car...and now we own 2 classic Hudsons that have to be restored....
Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #2503
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I absolutely loved the picts you took at AoA. Hunter and I think that the resort looks super cool. John? He said it looks too much like a cartoon. Whatever!

Anakin looks like he really enjoyed walking around the resort and posing for pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #2504
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures at AoA!

RIP Genie
Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #2505
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Thanks for all the awesome pictures of AoA! It looks like an incredible resort! I just love that huge statue of Crush!

Ani looks like he is really enjoying himself - and I am so happy that he has been seizure free for over a month now - that's great! Many continued prayers for him! (((Hugs)))

D~

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: