Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #2476
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
One month seizure free!!!

such great news!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #2477
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

They moved the smileys around again.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #2478
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One month seizure free!!!
What amazing news!!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 07-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #2479
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post

such great news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

They moved the smileys around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
What amazing news!!!
Thanks everyone!! We are seeing improvements in many areas. He is able to think clearer, his memory is improving, his handwriting improved, he isn't hiding under the table every time he hears an unexpected noise, and he was able to walk both up and down a few steps, unassisted, the other day.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #2480
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thanks everyone!! We are seeing improvements in many areas. He is able to think clearer, his memory is improving, his handwriting improved, he isn't hiding under the table every time he hears an unexpected noise, and he was able to walk both up and down a few steps, unassisted, the other day.

These are all huge things! I can only imagine how pleased this makes you.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #2481
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What great news Tink!!! This is amazing, wonderful improvements! I hope he continues to move forward!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 07-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #2482
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's such a miracle that Anakin has been seizure free for an entire month! And, just look at all the strides he's taken recently. Prayers are being answered!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #2483
mommy2mrb

Quote:
that's wonderful...so happy he is moving forward

not so good here at our house, Megan's been sick all day with 101-103 fever, achy and got sick a couple of times...hope she is feeling better tomorrow and she can sleep well tonight!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #2485
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
These are all huge things! I can only imagine how pleased this makes you.
We are very happy with the progress! It's making life alot less stressful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
What great news Tink!!! This is amazing, wonderful improvements! I hope he continues to move forward!
Thanks! We do too! We are actually getting sleep. I mean a full night's sleep; probably for the first time in 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's such a miracle that Anakin has been seizure free for an entire month! And, just look at all the strides he's taken recently. Prayers are being answered!
It really is a miracle. Our last visit to the neuro he said that only surgery would give him a shot at being seizure free. Some of the older women of our church began praying for total healing without surgery. They knew I was concerned about the success rate of surgery only being 70%, and the success rate goes down 2 years, after surgery. I do believe that all the prayer from all our family, friends, DISboard friends, facebook friends, etc is being answered!

Quote:
that's wonderful...so happy he is moving forward

not so good here at our house, Megan's been sick all day with 101-103 fever, achy and got sick a couple of times...hope she is feeling better tomorrow and she can sleep well tonight!
Thanks!

Praying Megan feels better soon! Night time is always the worse. I hope she has a good night's sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I am so happy for Anakin!
Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #2486
mommy2mrb

was a very long night, she woke up twice, tossed and turned the rest...I got almost no sleep - she was in my bed too....fever is almost gone and she's been up a bit tonight, hope tonight will be better rest for us both and she is better in the morning!

hope you had a great day!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #2487
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
was a very long night, she woke up twice, tossed and turned the rest...I got almost no sleep - she was in my bed too....fever is almost gone and she's been up a bit tonight, hope tonight will be better rest for us both and she is better in the morning!

hope you had a great day!
I'm so sorry she is sick. I hope last night was good. Maybe you both can get a nap during the afternoon?

We had the most excellent day! We planned to celebrate the 1 month mark with lunch at LeCellier and some time at Epcot. We decided to cancel the lunch on Saturday for Monday, and just wing it. We ended up at CityWalk. We ate lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Then headed to IOA to ride One Fish, Two Fish.

Did we enjoy our first meal at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.? Did we get to ride One Fish, Two Fish? The answers might surprise you. But you'll have to wait for an update or two or three.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #2488
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Art of Animation

Back tracking to June 6th...

We just had to check out the Art of Animation resort!! After reading the Disney Food Blog, I ended up with the hugest craving for the surf and turf burger! It was raining. We don't need sunshine to eat, so off we went to enjoy dinner at Landscape's of Flavor.

We arrived at the security gate and a very nice cm ushered us into the resort with directions on where to park.

The parking lot was empty! I guess with only the Nemo section opened at the time, that would account for the empty parking lot.

As we walked inside, we were captivated by the artwork on the walls and ceiling.

The check in/guest services area

We entered the food court. The overhead lights are just captivating.

This is the food report I posted on the AoA thread + pictures that I didn't post.

What an amazing resort!! I had promised a poster on here that I would report back on how dining went with our son who has ASD.

The resort is beautiful!! None of the pictures do it justice. The pictures are amazing, but in person the resort is that much more incredible!!

Back to dining with ASD. Pizza is what my son chose, of course. Almost every hot food is prepared for the individual as you wait. Plan on a minimum of a 5 to 10 minute wait person. Our wait was unusual. It took about 30 minutes from the time of order to the time the last one of us had his/her food. One of the cm dropped my dh's meatball sandwich on the floor. Instead of expiditing the food ahead of others waiting it was re-ordered and placed behind the other people there. My son's pizza was getting cold, so I paid for my Surf and Turf burger and ds's pizza.

I couldn't carry everything so dh helped us get to a table. And I ended up back to get the meatball sandwich. The line and pick up area was packed in that short time. I couldn't get through the people to the pick up area, so I went back in the order line and told Meagan who was taking orders that I was there to get my husband's meatball sandwich which was already ordered and I wanted to order a cheese and pesto bread. I told her twice the meatball was already ordered. She said ok, and did not communicate a single word of that to Rachel who was distributing the food.

When I got up to Rachel, she was very ticked off. Not just about my order, but that pizza's and such were being ordered and she didn't know if they were to be boxed or handed to the people and she was unable to get people's attention to ask them, she was rolling her eyes at people. She was also upset that people were telling her the number of what they were waiting for, like a #4 or #5. She said she didn't know the menu to please tell her what a #4 was, etc. She reprimanded me for not telling someone that I was waiting for an already made meatball sandwich. I told her that Meagan knew, because I informed her. So then she went and reprimanded Meagan about the wasted food, since there were now 2 meatball sandwiches, and she threw the one away. Matt the chef had suggested she get off the serving line and perhaps do something else like attend to the pizzas coming out of the oven. From here, Rachel took a deep breath and went back into character. She expidited the cheese and pesto bread, very nicely asked me if I wanted ceasar salad with the sandwich, and attended to guests.

My suggestion to Disney would be to get pagers for that particular station like they do at POFQ's one station. There was quite a bottleneck at the pick up area since pizza's take some time to bake, the pasta takes time to cook, etc. Several people were waiting at the pick up area with one or two items already cooked on their tray getting cold, waiting for a pizza. A pager would certainly help with the bottlenecking, but wouldn't help with the food orders being served separate as they were ready. Perhaps, a pager going off when the entire order at the station was ready might be in order? Communication between order and pick up needs to be improved too.

That was the bad, now on to the excellent...

I ordered the Surf and Turf burger. I was asked who my favorite character was. About 5 minutes later, a cm announced that Tinker Bell's food was ready!

Wow!!! By the time I got back to my Surf and Turf burger (about 30 minutes) it was luke warm, but I was truely immersed in flavor and texture. By far, this was THE BEST crab cake sandwich I have ever eaten!! I tasted the shrimp solo, and it was very crunchy and spicey. I tasted the crab cake separately and it was kind of plain tasting. Together in the sandwich the crab cake and shrimp created an explosion of yumminess!!! The bun totally complimented the flavor. Without a doubt, I will order this again!!

DH said his meatball sandwich was better than the meatball sandwich at POP. He said the flavor was much better.

DS enjoyed his pizza, but he loved, loved, loved the cheese and pesto bread!!

We will definately eat there again. I realize our experience was very unusual, and am sure it will be much better next time!

As for sound, my son did not need his ear phones like he does at Everything POP. We noticed the Mermaid section had a bit of an echo that the Lion King section did not.

Would the rain stop so we could explore the grounds?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #2489
kaoden39
Hugs

The food looks amazing!! Yummy!!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #2490
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The food looks amazing!! Yummy!!
It was! Now I'm craving the surf and turf burger again, lol!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: