Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #1846
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza111577 View Post
I just checked e-bay, 3 sellers now, one from NY, one from OH and one from FL. They're selling them for $4.50 up to $9 a card!!

Greedy little people are going to ruin it for everyone.

Can you post the DIS thread about the cards, please?
Liza, I love your pictures in your siggie!

Up a seller then.

Here is the link on the game board http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2881671

Here is the link to the card thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2862374
Old 02-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #1847
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
((Liddy)) Hopefully some of the refurbishment will be done til you get here. Our weather has been so wonderful so far this winter, a March vacation is probably better than later when it's so hot. (I'm knocking on wood, because last March it was sooooo cold here.)

We really minded the double beds at POP this last trip. We even had to pay and extra $10 a night for Grumpy since he's over 18 now. Dh ended up on the floor each night because he wanted more room. Anakin ended up with me. Grumpy had a whole bed to himself, he slept like a log.

Once you see that welcoming Mickey sign, you will be so excited! Plus all the DIS friends you are meeting this time around adds additional excitement too!!
We're going to ask at check-in if we can pay for a preferred room. At least it will minimize our walking. Odds are, there won't be any available, and then we will be stuck in Egypt and I'll burst into tears at the desk.

Honestly, I think I'd rather go in May once the kids get out of school. But they've only released a small room-only discount and we'd have to cut our stay so short to keep it within budget that it wouldn't be worth going.

Fingers are crossed that once we reach the Welcome sign I'll feel better.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #1848
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I hope so too!!

Completely random thought since you are staying at CBR...one of the last times we stayed at CBR we got to see a night time space shuttle lift off. It was amazing!!

We are meeting friends at EoS tomorrow. I am actually considering trying something different! But will I?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #1849
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

Build-a-Bear might have clothes for a smaller bear. But their "normal" size bear is the bigger size.
Lisa dresses her small Duffy in BAB clothes and yes, they ARE too big. She says too big clothes are better than no clothes...sounds like a child who has had to wear hand-me-downs, doesn't she?
Quote:

We are meeting friends at EoS tomorrow. I am actually considering trying something different! But will I?
Have a wonderful time Tink, we LOVE EoS too.

I LOVED the castle picture and the Bunny! Pete calls me Bunny...
Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #1850
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Lisa dresses her small Duffy in BAB clothes and yes, they ARE too big. She says too big clothes are better than no clothes...sounds like a child who has had to wear hand-me-downs, doesn't she?

That's too funny. I don't know if you have ever read Pollyanna? Or seen the movie? That is her type of statement.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #1851
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aww, that's so sweet! My little guy will not touch the clothes on his little bears because that's the way they are suppose to be. You know rules! However, the bear he got that came without clothing, he will occasionally ask me to change his outfit. Right now he's still sporting the Christmas outfit.

Quote:

Thanks! I'm sure we will.

I think I remember you mentioning that before, and that NOBODY else is allowed to call you that but Pete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That's too funny. I don't know if you have ever read Pollyanna? Or seen the movie? That is her type of statement.
Michele, Judy is the poster child for Pollyanna! Her rose colored glasses are contageous! Her children have amazing dispositions! If you haven't read her PRT, you really should check out her TR!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #1852
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Aww, that's so sweet! My little guy will not touch the clothes on his little bears because that's the way they are suppose to be. You know rules! However, the bear he got that came without clothing, he will occasionally ask me to change his outfit. Right now he's still sporting the Christmas outfit.

I think I remember you mentioning that before, and that NOBODY else is allowed to call you that but Pete!

Michele, Judy is the poster child for Pollyanna! Her rose colored glasses are contageous! Her children have amazing dispositions! If you haven't read her PRT, you really should check out her TR!
I do need to check that out!!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #1853
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:

yes she is and her kids have beautiful manners too!............btw Anakin is a sweetie boy too

Quote:
saw that you made it over to judy's TR....amazing family aren't they! judy and I have become "heart sisters" over this past year! feel like we've know each other forever!!!

Hey, tink, finally getting caught up! love the new photo of the castle and the bunny and duck are so cute! hope everyone is doing great!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #1854
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
yes she is and her kids have beautiful manners too!............btw Anakin is a sweetie boy too

saw that you made it over to judy's TR....amazing family aren't they! judy and I have become "heart sisters" over this past year! feel like we've know each other forever!!!

Hey, tink, finally getting caught up! love the new photo of the castle and the bunny and duck are so cute! hope everyone is doing great!

I just balled after reading the medical issues on the first page.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #1855
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
I know, they are an amazing, strong family though...so blessed to be a part of their lives!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #1856
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you were able to check it out!

Quote:

Aww thanks! He's come a long way since 2010.

Quote:
Best to come to the computer with a tissue before checking updates!

Quote:
I know, they are an amazing, strong family though...so blessed to be a part of their lives!
Definately a koinonia, mutual blessing for both families!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #1857
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
We're going to ask at check-in if we can pay for a preferred room. At least it will minimize our walking. Odds are, there won't be any available, and then we will be stuck in Egypt and I'll burst into tears at the desk.

Honestly, I think I'd rather go in May once the kids get out of school. But they've only released a small room-only discount and we'd have to cut our stay so short to keep it within budget that it wouldn't be worth going.

Fingers are crossed that once we reach the Welcome sign I'll feel better.
There's a rumor to be watching for discounts the beginning of March. You may still have a chance. (I have tickers turned off, so I don't know when in March your trip is planned.)
Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #1858
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Anakin had a huge breakthrough on Friday. One of the characteristics of his ASD is that once he gets an idea in his head, he just can shake it.

He couldn't find his special pencil. BUT he couldn't remember what it looked like. The only clue he could give me was that it had the letter "o" on it. I think I know exactly the pencil he was looking for. I think it was a Christmas pencil that had Christmas trees and said Happy Holidays...hence the "o" on it.

He tried to remain calm, but worry, frustration, then anger quickly escalated. He would go through deep hearted, gut wrenching tears about missing this pencil. Then he woud stop and pray for comfort so he could get calm and think straight one minute, then shouting at God in anger the next.

I hugged him for that deep pressure he so needed, I prayed with him, I reminded him that in order to think straight he needed to get calm, and I empathized with him about how hard it is when you lose something you really like.

I searched high and low for this pencil for a good hour. He had the whole day of school ahead of him, and at this point it didn't look like anything was going to get done. Dh and Grumpy were running an errand, so I asked them to check the car. This bought me some time as Anakin stopped crying and sat by the phone waiting to hear from them.

Out of the blue he said, "It's more important that I do my school work. I know the pencil will be found some time. I need to stay calm to get my school work done and I need to stay calm to think. If I stay calm I will find my pencil sooner."

At that point, I looked at one of the legos he had been working on that was on a green lego platform. Right beside that platform I saw a pencil blending in. It wasn't the exact pencil he was looking for. This one did have an "o" on it, but it had Christmas balls not trees on it.

He got all his work done after that, his focus was uninterrupted and he didn't take any attention breaks except to stop and eat!! (He used the pencil with the "o" on it and all was good.)
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #1859
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
There's a rumor to be watching for discounts the beginning of March. You may still have a chance. (I have tickers turned off, so I don't know when in March your trip is planned.)
Welcome pwdebbie!! That would be awesome for Lidian!!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #1860
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
We're driving out Friday, March 2nd ... so not really any time to move it -- especially since we booked with a TA.

Plus, even at this point, if something came out today, I don't think I could break the kids' hearts by telling them we aren't leaving Friday, but instead the end of May. I'd much prefer it, and I think DH would, too ... but both kids would be so upset, and therefore, I'd feel awful. So I'm just going to whine in the meantime.

But thanks for the tip!!

Quote:
Anakin had a huge breakthrough on Friday. One of the characteristics of his ASD is that once he gets an idea in his head, he just can shake it.

He couldn't find his special pencil. BUT he couldn't remember what it looked like. The only clue he could give me was that it had the letter "o" on it. I think I know exactly the pencil he was looking for. I think it was a Christmas pencil that had Christmas trees and said Happy Holidays...hence the "o" on it.

He tried to remain calm, but worry, frustration, then anger quickly escalated. He would go through deep hearted, gut wrenching tears about missing this pencil. Then he woud stop and pray for comfort so he could get calm and think straight one minute, then shouting at God in anger the next.

I hugged him for that deep pressure he so needed, I prayed with him, I reminded him that in order to think straight he needed to get calm, and I empathized with him about how hard it is when you lose something you really like.

I searched high and low for this pencil for a good hour. He had the whole day of school ahead of him, and at this point it didn't look like anything was going to get done. Dh and Grumpy were running an errand, so I asked them to check the car. This bought me some time as Anakin stopped crying and sat by the phone waiting to hear from them.

Out of the blue he said, "It's more important that I do my school work. I know the pencil will be found some time. I need to stay calm to get my school work done and I need to stay calm to think. If I stay calm I will find my pencil sooner."

At that point, I looked at one of the legos he had been working on that was on a green lego platform. Right beside that platform I saw a pencil blending in. It wasn't the exact pencil he was looking for. This one did have an "o" on it, but it had Christmas balls not trees on it.

He got all his work done after that, his focus was uninterrupted and he didn't take any attention breaks except to stop and eat!! (He used the pencil with the "o" on it and all was good.)
Tink, that's so great that he realized he needed to focus and remain calm and prioritize!!! How amazing for him!! Even I struggle with that. GOOD JOB ANAKIN!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: