Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #1786
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we are going to have a DIS meet up with Michele and her DH on Thursday night at the Grand Californian after we get checked into our hotel, will head over for a bit!

We are looking forward to it!!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #1787
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We love WCC!! I am going to combine 2 different meals on this one post. Only one was during the trip. It's so amazing how different servers can truely change your experience at WCC!

Both meals were about a week apart, I'll refer them to #1 and #2. In that time, there was a menu change. Relax. Not to the adult menu, but to the kid's menu. (Remember a couple weeks ago when we ate at the Coral Reef our server gave us the heads up about a kid's menu change?)

For #1 we were seated and Anakin was given a kid's menu by the cm who sat us. He opened it up, and all the puzzles and coloring was completed. He exclaimed, "this isn't right!!"

Our server rushed over and checked it out. She pulled out another kid's menu. Guess what?! That one was done too. So she got another one. That one was also completed!! Anakin was in stitches over this. He asked who did them?

Our server blamed it on the cm who sat us. She asked us who sat us. Anakin pointed across the room to the cm who seated us. Our server in huge sweeping motion, calls him over to our table. We are laughing and this poor guy has no clue what is going on. Anakin while laughing his head off asked him why he did all the menus? He thought Anakin was showing him Anakin's art work. He praised him for a good job done. Anakin says, "I didn't do this, she says you did!! And this one, and this one too!!" Poor cm was so confused, but all the laughter was contageous and he joined in.

Our server grabbed a few other menus and threw them on the table. All of these were new! So Anakin went to work!

Dh and I ordered the skillet. Anakin ordered grilled chicken and french fries. He also got the never ending milk shake.

While we were waiting for our food a large group wearing lanyards came in. Anakin got all excited and exclaimed at the top of his lungs, "Look!! Look!! Tourists!!!!" (Isn't almost everyone at Disney a tourist?") I guess because our funny bone was still in action we burst out laughing.

Our skillets arrived, as well as the grilled chicken. Goofy realized we didn't get the corn bread or the cole slaw so he asked for some. Can't possibly imagine what would have side tracked our server, lol.

It was the Jose Conseco t-shirt. (And you thought I was going to say the menus, didn't you?!) It was quite the conversation piece. (The shirt belonged to Grumpy about 10 years ago. I found it a couple weeks ago along with a bunch of other outgrown clothes that now fit Anakin, perfect timing on the find.)

Anakin's favorite part of eating here...the stick horses! I can't tell you how many times he asked when they were going to do this. He had to go to the bathroom. And as Murphy's Law would have it, THAT'S right when it started. I texted Goofy to hurry back for the stick horses.

#2 Did you know there are only 2 chairs to wait at WCC? But a really nice Lincoln Log table. Grumpy and I claimed the chairs. Anakin and Goofy claimed the Lincoln Logs.

Anakin does not handle change well. We knew a menu change was coming, but this put him in a little funk. Neither grilled chicken or chicken nuggets were on the menu. The only way to get chicken was on a kid's skillet. Fries were available for substitution. Frank, our server, said we could order a skillet of just chicken and fries.

His milkshake arrived and that brought him out of his funk.

The cornbread and cole slaw arrived prior to our meal!

Poor Anakin and his black and white thinking. He loves his rules, and they were about to be broken. His skillet arrived, and his face dropped. I thought it was getting chicken on the bone that he found upsetting. It wasn't that. It was eating out of a skillet. A skillet is for cooking not eating.

Thinking quick to avoid a meltdown, I picked up the skillet and as fast as I could without letting any food touch each other, I put the chicken and fries on the Mickey plate that was under the skillet.

He was given dark meat, a leg and a wing. He is use to chicken nuggets and grilled chicken breast where the meat is light. I took the meat off the bones and he strategically ate only the chicken that was the color of his approval.

Our skillet

Grumpy's Venison Chili

The chili usually comes with bacon, but the chef said he couldn't have the bacon because of cross contamination with nuts.

Frank, our server was very low key. He was very friendly, service was superb, but he wasn't animated like some of the other servers. The food was delicious and the ribs were my favorite!!

Our first visit ever to WCC was to visit friends who were staying at WLV. Right after eating they took us over to their villa and showed us around. Somehow this has become our routine. We eat, then go over to the villas, check out the trains, the fire places, the games, leave there and go shopping, then out to the car. We continued this habit for #1, but not for #2. For #2 the boys just wanted to get over to the MK to do Sorcerers of the MK again!

#1 A quick game

"warming up" by the fire

Bird house

Sitting area

Future DVC owner?

Ring the bell

I love all the wonderful clothing people make for Disney trips and sell on Etsy. Looks like Disney has seen the profitability in similar designs. I fell in love with the Minnie displays and clothes. Good thing I have boys, or I'd be broke!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #1788
kaoden39
Hugs

Boy am I glad my girls aren't little anymore. What with all the Princess, Pixie and Minnie merchandise we would be broke.

There is a place very similar to that at DLR, we haven't eaten there. I considered it this trip but I was careful not to make too many meal plans. I figure it is going to be slow enough that I doubt anyplace will be that busy. Or at least I hope not.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #1789
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am debating whether to take my Duffy or not. When I was there last year I took Duffy all around the park taking his picture doing different things, plus with the characters. I mainly did it for my great nephew. It was a lot of fun, the CM's got a kick out of it.
This is a Valentine's trip with your sweetie. You can take him all over the park taking pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Hmmmm...just saying if you ever make it to the BW...I sure could use a picture of 4123...if you are up for a hike.

I have to say that I LOVE living WDW through your weekly visits and little trips!

Duffy is way to cute as Goofy...Goo loved the picture!
It's been a long time since we've been at the Boardwalk. We are overdue. Can't promise a room pic though. But if we go inside, I will search for it.

Quote:
we are going to have a DIS meet up with Michele and her DH on Thursday night at the Grand Californian after we get checked into our hotel, will head over for a bit!
Quote:
That's great! Take pics!

Quote:
Boy am I glad my girls aren't little anymore. What with all the Princess, Pixie and Minnie merchandise we would be broke.

There is a place very similar to that at DLR, we haven't eaten there. I considered it this trip but I was careful not to make too many meal plans. I figure it is going to be slow enough that I doubt anyplace will be that busy. Or at least I hope not.
I hope you don't have crowds! I see the crowd levels for WDW over Valentine's week increased.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #1790
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
us too! we are racking up our DIS meets right and left...you will be our 10th and will also be having our 11th and 12th while we are in DLR!

OMG Tink, just about busted a rib reading your post! I love how frank Anakin is with his observations! love it " LOOK LOOK TOURISTS"
bummer they've changed the kids meals and he wasn't happy with his dark chicken, tell him I like the light chicken better too!
we've always gotten great food and service at WCC!

Michele - are you thinking about Storytellers Cafe at the GC? we've had breakfast and dinner there before and doing breakfast again on our last day! breakfast has characters...mostly "forest" animals has a buffet and you can order off the menu too!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #1791
kaoden39
Hugs

The crowds at Disneyland are really predicted to be low. Valentines Day is a 3 out of 10, Wednesday is forecast to be a 1 out of 10 and so is Thursday. I think it is slow because the crowds wait for Presidents Day which is soooooo busy.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #1792
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

I amazed with Anakin's sense of detail...he truly is amazing. I am not a detail type person...I so wanted to do WCC...but I swapped it with 1900 PF! The milkshakes and the atmosphere are so much more like us!

Great thinking mom to switch the skillet out with the Mickey plate! You amaze me with all your quick thinking to avoid a melt down!

I always wanted Ab to be girly...sigh, never happened, thank goodness or I would have been broke too buying those cute outfits!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #1793
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Catching up again
The Sorcerors game looks cool. May have to give it a go sometime.
I love the Goofy Duffy as well.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #1794
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
us too! we are racking up our DIS meets right and left...you will be our 10th and will also be having our 11th and 12th while we are in DLR!

OMG Tink, just about busted a rib reading your post! I love how frank Anakin is with his observations! love it " LOOK LOOK TOURISTS"
bummer they've changed the kids meals and he wasn't happy with his dark chicken, tell him I like the light chicken better too!
we've always gotten great food and service at WCC!

Michele - are you thinking about Storytellers Cafe at the GC? we've had breakfast and dinner there before and doing breakfast again on our last day! breakfast has characters...mostly "forest" animals has a buffet and you can order off the menu too!
How fun, more DIS meets for you!

When he exclaimed that, my first inclination was to crawl in a hole, but I couldn't keep a straight face. I lost it and so did my husband. Poor ds is sitting there wondering what's so funny.

Quote:
The crowds at Disneyland are really predicted to be low. Valentines Day is a 3 out of 10, Wednesday is forecast to be a 1 out of 10 and so is Thursday. I think it is slow because the crowds wait for Presidents Day which is soooooo busy.
When I booked our weekend it was all 2's and 3's. It went up to 5's and 6's! Much more crowded than I had anticipated. Saw some 10's coming up for the middle of the month. 10's??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I amazed with Anakin's sense of detail...he truly is amazing. I am not a detail type person...I so wanted to do WCC...but I swapped it with 1900 PF! The milkshakes and the atmosphere are so much more like us!

Great thinking mom to switch the skillet out with the Mickey plate! You amaze me with all your quick thinking to avoid a melt down!

I always wanted Ab to be girly...sigh, never happened, thank goodness or I would have been broke too buying those cute outfits!
I really wish I could come up with ideas to build on his strengths. I'm open if anyone has suggestions! Fine details, math, patterns, obscure facts are all things he is interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Catching up again
The Sorcerors game looks cool. May have to give it a go sometime.
I love the Goofy Duffy as well.
I think you'd really like the game!

Did you get a Duffy when you were here?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #1795
KatMark
DIS Veteran

"Look, look Tourists!" I love it. I can just see Anakin saying that.

Glad you had a good meal at WCC again (unfortunately we had a really bad all around experience there and won't go back, but I did love the milkshake).

The pictures you took around the villas are beautiful.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1796
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
"Look, look Tourists!" I love it. I can just see Anakin saying that.

Glad you had a good meal at WCC again (unfortunately we had a really bad all around experience there and won't go back, but I did love the milkshake).

The pictures you took around the villas are beautiful.

We had one really bad experience there over the years. It was a really bad experience! But we gave it a rest for a couple years and now I've eaten there twice in a week, lol.

Oh, I forgot about the milkshake experience. That was different too. #1 had sprinkles on the whipcream. #2 had some kind of candy chunks on it. Grumpy wasn't allowed to get any toppings because of cross contamination. When Anakin saw #2 he politely asked what was on top of his milkshake. We never did figure it out. I thought maybe it was carob? DH said it was kind of hard, he called it hard candy. Anakin picked them out and didn't eat them.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #1797
kaoden39
Hugs

I have been at DLR when it was a 10 and oh my goodness what a mess it was!!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #1798
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I love all the pictures! I kinda regret not having gone to WCC when we stayed at WL. Your visit#1 sounds like such a fun time. Lots of laughs!!!

You are such a smart mom for knowing just how to make a situation (ie. changing the food to the mickey plate) better for your son!!! I am sorry things changed like they did.

And...as for the girl clothes.. I absolutely love that outfit. The entire thing was very priced though and so I opted not to get it for dd... I contemplated and element or two from the ensemble... but then decided against it. Yes, with girls one can definitely go broke a bit faster at Disney. My middle two kids are boys... and were never interested in much merchandise. I definitely didn't go broke then.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #1799
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been at DLR when it was a 10 and oh my goodness what a mess it was!!
I've braved 9's, but never 10's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I love all the pictures! I kinda regret not having gone to WCC when we stayed at WL. Your visit#1 sounds like such a fun time. Lots of laughs!!!

You are such a smart mom for knowing just how to make a situation (ie. changing the food to the mickey plate) better for your son!!! I am sorry things changed like they did.

And...as for the girl clothes.. I absolutely love that outfit. The entire thing was very priced though and so I opted not to get it for dd... I contemplated and element or two from the ensemble... but then decided against it. Yes, with girls one can definitely go broke a bit faster at Disney. My middle two kids are boys... and were never interested in much merchandise. I definitely didn't go broke then.

I guess it's another thing to add to your bucket list for another trip.

Grumpy isn't concerned with souvenEARS, but desserts and snacks are a different story. But he does collect Grumpy glasses. He discovered a new Grumpy mug he doesn't have. He hinted about it making a nice present.

Change at Disney has actually been invaluable to us. Transitioning is so difficult for him. But he is very interested in the man Walt Disney. Knowing that his vision for the parks included change, helps.

Now if I can just get him to transition from tv to studies. That's a meltdown I can't avoid. So there's no tv until ALL school work is done. There's also no science until all school work is done. We are on our third text book for science, because he will spend hours doing science. Now focusing on his interest in fish and the ocean. This is the book I bought him http://www.igloo-books.com/products/...ter-World.html The vocabulary is over his head at places, so we have to pause so I can explain what the words mean. But it's kind of cool that he holds onto every word.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #1800
kaoden39
Hugs

That's great that science is so exciting for him. One great thing is that science has so many levels to it that there is always something you can teach him.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: