Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #1681
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That is actually kind of nice. When DLR was built they didn't buy as much land so they couldn't do that. I do know that over the years they have bought more and more property. Who knows what are they are planning.
Will be interesting to find out, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
So what is this about grab bags? What are they, and roughly where are they located? I've only explored a few stores in DTD, we always seem to go when it's crazy busy, so I don't get to venture into many stores. I'm hoping to get some quiet DTD time this March!
They are sealed paper bags. I think it was $10 for a grab bag and you don't know what you are buying. The bag I bought had a gumball key chain, a Cars key chain, and a Goofy as a wookie. I think there might have been one or two more items, but can't think of what they were.

The store also has a wall of bins where everything was $4 an item. We got a Pirate's tall glass for Grumpy and a Goofy as Chewbacca combined with Stitch as Master Yoda.

I don't know what the store is called but it's right behind where they cut out sillouettes. It might be where the old Pooh store was, somewhere in there near the candy store and little miss match.

I hope you get your quiet shopping time too.

Those throws from the purchase with purchase are really nice. Some DISers were commenting about them coming apart in the washer, but I've washed the one I got and had no problem.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #1682
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I really want to try WPE...is there ever a good time to go to DTD other than very early afternoon!

Love the picture of Anakin on the boat. Pictures of him always make me smile...he just has one of the faces! Sorry about the wet bottoms...girl scout?! Hee Hee, I remember making those sit upons in brownies (betting my mom still has it somewhere...and I can even picture what it looked like in my mind)!

I wish they would have had those throws a couple of weeks ago, I so could see myself buying one of those!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #1683
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

Where will your daughter be on Sunday? I will be at a park Sunday night. If we are in the same park it would be fun to say hello!
I am not sure where she will be. Hmm.. I might have to pop over to her PTR and see if I can figure it out.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #1684
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They are sealed paper bags. I think it was $10 for a grab bag and you don't know what you are buying. The bag I bought had a gumball key chain, a Cars key chain, and a Goofy as a wookie. I think there might have been one or two more items, but can't think of what they were.

The store also has a wall of bins where everything was $4 an item. We got a Pirate's tall glass for Grumpy and a Goofy as Chewbacca combined with Stitch as Master Yoda.

I don't know what the store is called but it's right behind where they cut out sillouettes. It might be where the old Pooh store was, somewhere in there near the candy store and little miss match.

I hope you get your quiet shopping time too.

Those throws from the purchase with purchase are really nice. Some DISers were commenting about them coming apart in the washer, but I've washed the one I got and had no problem.
Gotcha, thanks! I know the general area that you're talking about, and will check them out when we go!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #1685
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I really want to try WPE...is there ever a good time to go to DTD other than very early afternoon!

Love the picture of Anakin on the boat. Pictures of him always make me smile...he just has one of the faces! Sorry about the wet bottoms...girl scout?! Hee Hee, I remember making those sit upons in brownies (betting my mom still has it somewhere...and I can even picture what it looked like in my mind)!

I wish they would have had those throws a couple of weeks ago, I so could see myself buying one of those!
Usually weekdays aren't too crowded in the afternoon. That's why we were surprised it was that crowded at 11:30am on a Monday.

They did have those throws a couple weeks ago. Only a few stores don't, such as TrenD. Even 2 weeks ago in the parks those throws were the purchase with purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am not sure where she will be. Hmm.. I might have to pop over to her PTR and see if I can figure it out.
I probably won't be at Disney tomorrow. I think just Grumpy and his girlfriend are going. I know they are starting at Epcot then will probably hop.

Anakin had a bad seizure last night. Today was team photos for his basketball team and it was too much for him. Apparently how the cursor blinks on the computer is another trigger for his seizures. He was so wiped out this morning. I texted the coach that we'd be there for pics but he wasn't going to be able to stay to play.

Everything bothered him there. The kids talking was too loud for him. Their touching him annoyed him. Our appointment was for 7:50am and we weren't taken to the photographer til 8:50 because the rest of team mates came too late or were no shows. I sat there rocking him on a chair that wasn't a rocker, while the coach took the boys to shoot hoops while they waited for their turn. Then the flash from the pictures was just too much. He made it through the 3 team pictures taken. But by the 2nd individual picture of him, he was in tears. I had to stop his photo shoot, and head towards the car.

The whole way he was crying and came very close to a meltdown. Thank God I started reading Ross W. Greene's book, The Explosive Child. I followed the advice and was able to get him to manage the rage, and get him settled down quickly!!!

This afternoon he is very postictal. His energy is way down. Crying at the drop of a hat.

His highlight of the day was talking to slunderwood's son on Tango.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #1686
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Tink, I have my parents coming over for dinner and just logged on for some reason (I am cooking and crazy) and saw you had just posted. My heart weeps for JJ and for you and all you endure. I remember those days and how hard it is...we found individual activiies to work so much beter for us than team sports, it was just too much for David. So happy JJ had some fun times on Tango (must check that out someday). I have to run, but I wanted to let you know I am here and sending huge hugs for a quiet rest of the weekend!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #1687
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sorry Anakin had another seizure and he wasn't able to play BB today, hope he will get a good night sleep and be his happy little self tomorrow

Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #1688
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

Luke enjoyed talking to Anakin too. He was just hyperfocused on his screen time. He only gets 30 minutes and he was afraid that he was losing it by talking to Anakin. I think next time we should plan it in advance. Might work better for Luke as he doesnt like his schedule being messed up and I messed it up bigtime because we had to go shopping for jeans today and teenage girl shopping takes a whole lot more patience than guy shopping does, lol.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #1689
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Tink, I have my parents coming over for dinner and just logged on for some reason (I am cooking and crazy) and saw you had just posted. My heart weeps for JJ and for you and all you endure. I remember those days and how hard it is...we found individual activiies to work so much beter for us than team sports, it was just too much for David. So happy JJ had some fun times on Tango (must check that out someday). I have to run, but I wanted to let you know I am here and sending huge hugs for a quiet rest of the weekend!
Thanks for the hugs and prayers!

Usually he loves being around the kids, (if it's structured and a limited time). Today it was because of the seizure during the night, he wasn't able to tolerate what he usually loves. Even at home he was crying at the drop of a hat.

He took a nice long nap this afternoon and tonight he is doing so much better.

He wants so badly to be around others and have friends. Basketball is usually just an hour long practice or on a Saturday, an hour long game. But pictures and his seizure threw a kink into the mix.

We found out about a special needs baseball team. He wants to be on that in the fall. I guess we will see. This basketball is not special needs, and it's probably going to be his last year. His developmental delay is too obvious now in contrast to the other children on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sorry Anakin had another seizure and he wasn't able to play BB today, hope he will get a good night sleep and be his happy little self tomorrow
Thanks. He had a nice long nap this afternoon. I think he will still sleep tonight. Hopefully tomorrow he will be back to himself. Not playing today, shows he is feeling under the weather. Tonight he did set up his Jar Jar Binx Lego figures on one of our chairs. A good sign he is feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
Luke enjoyed talking to Anakin too. He was just hyperfocused on his screen time. He only gets 30 minutes and he was afraid that he was losing it by talking to Anakin. I think next time we should plan it in advance. Might work better for Luke as he doesnt like his schedule being messed up and I messed it up bigtime because we had to go shopping for jeans today and teenage girl shopping takes a whole lot more patience than guy shopping does, lol.
I thought maybe he was upset that we couldn't understand him or you. The voices kept crackling. Unless you raised your voice we couldn't really hear you. I know how upset Luke gets when people don't understand him. Good to know it wasn't that and was the timer.

We usually do school on a Saturday so he can skip it one day during the week. Hopefully we won't see any regression this time. He was just regaining all he had lost over New Year's Break. We stopped school on the 27th when he had his EEG and started back up Jan 3. He forgot how to blend phonics to read, to add and subtract. We had finally started getting things back on track.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #1690
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear of the most recent struggles... It just isn't fair for the kids to have to go through things like this... and it is so hard on moms to watch them.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #1691
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Yay for a good nap and that he is relearning what he lost during the break

ah, lego's makes everything better for him don't they

hope tomorrow will be a great day!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #1692
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Catching up on all your updates. Luvin the Xmassy photopass pics.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #1693
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I am so sorry Anakin had a bad day...poor little guy and poor momma! Sounds like you were able to handle it well with the advice from the book! I am praying that today will be a better day for him!

Grumpy's girlfriend? Is this the one we heard all about from PA? Anakin had a great time telling all bout his big brother and his girlfriend! Goo got a big laugh...Grumpy just look it in stride!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #1694
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am so sorry to hear of the most recent struggles... It just isn't fair for the kids to have to go through things like this... and it is so hard on moms to watch them.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.
It can be very trying some days. He is doing much better today, but still a bit lethargic. I let him sleep in til 11 instead of waking him for church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Yay for a good nap and that he is relearning what he lost during the break

ah, lego's makes everything better for him don't they

hope tomorrow will be a great day!
Yep, doing much better today, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Catching up on all your updates. Luvin the Xmassy photopass pics.
There are so many Christmas photopass pics. Did you see my album on facebook? I think I put most of them on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I am so sorry Anakin had a bad day...poor little guy and poor momma! Sounds like you were able to handle it well with the advice from the book! I am praying that today will be a better day for him!

Grumpy's girlfriend? Is this the one we heard all about from PA? Anakin had a great time telling all bout his big brother and his girlfriend! Goo got a big laugh...Grumpy just look it in stride!
Today is definately better. His skin color and everything looks better.

Yes, she is visiting a college this weekend. He picked her up at MCO. Dropped her off at the college Friday. Today is her only free day. He takes her back to the airport tomorrow.

Poor girl had to totally change around her flight. Her dad called to say he couldn't pick her up Monday at the airport. So she had to find an airport and a flight that fit her siblings school schedule and her mom's work schedule. So now she is going on a different airline, landing in a different airport, and had to suck up the cancellation fee herself. The school paid the airfare, but not the cancellation fee or the difference in price between the old air fare and the new. i felt so bad for her! Its a good thing she has a part time job.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #1695
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
There are so many Christmas photopass pics. Did you see my album on facebook? I think I put most of them on there.
I think I did. I was miffed with the photopass photographer we got in Animal Kingdom when I saw your pics because he never told us he could do that magic shot with stitch coming out of the box!

Hope Anakin is feeling better today btw

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: