Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #1666
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am glad that your carriage ride turned out ok. And the price.

Looks like some fun pool time too!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:42 AM   #1667
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
looks like Anakin enjoyed the delay for the carriage ride....happy it finally worked out and you got a free ride!

look what we got today....

a lot melted, but more is on the way!
I am just waiting to see how this week pans out. I just can't understand how so much is expect to fall and then all melt.

We have a ton of snow...it snowed all day. We are in the foothills though... but still...dont' always still it accumulate like this
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #1668
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am glad that your carriage ride turned out ok. And the price.

Looks like some fun pool time too!
Patience paid off.

Anakin had fun at the pool. Goofy froze. I got in a little, but it was too cold for me, still better temp than POFQ though.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #1669
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I cannot swim in the cold water. Brr, I used to when I was younger. We always have gone to Lake Tahoe and the water is cold year round. The warmest it ever is 50 degrees. Now I want it heated.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #1670
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad you were able to do the carriage ride, despite the delays.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #1671
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I cannot swim in the cold water. Brr, I used to when I was younger. We always have gone to Lake Tahoe and the water is cold year round. The warmest it ever is 50 degrees. Now I want it heated.
50?! That's around what our pool is at home now. There is NO WAY I'd brave it!! Lol, I'd want the lake heated too,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad you were able to do the carriage ride, despite the delays.
Thanks, we were glad too. It was a surprise for Anakin. But once we got to POR and we told him why we were there, he would have been heartbroken not to go. If it wasn't for him, dh would have said oh forget it, and walked away after 20 minutes of waiting.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #1672
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

I just realized hadn't gotten any updates from you...wow a whole week!

hope things get figured out
Old 01-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #1673
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

It was check out morning. The boys stayed to routine and slept in. Goofy packing the car while they slept. I woke up Anakin and he wanted to know what that noise was. It was rain. Poor Goofy was wet, but by the time the boys woke up, the rain was only a fine mist.

With the car packed and the boys ready, we decided to head to EoS for lunch. Anakin and I took the boat, Grumpy and Goofy drove.

There was no line for the boat. We were the only ones to be picked up from POFQ. Everyone else on board was from POR. All the seats were soaked!!! I mean ALL!! Remember being in girl scouts or brownies and using “sit upons”. (I probably spelled it wrong?) Well we improvised and used our rain coats to sit upon.

It was a nice boat ride! Anakin thought the motor was too loud, but he really enjoyed himself!!

I remember using the boats to the Boardwalk/Yacht and Beach Club/Swan Dolphin and the captains would have towels to wipe off the seats. I guess at POR it’s a mod so no captain to dry off the seats?

Anakin and I were the only ones with dry back ends. Everyone else looked like they just got off Splash Mt. Yeah, uh, that’s what they looked like.

I was very surprised at how busy DTD was for a Monday. Perhaps it was the rain? I had never seen the line so long at Wolfgang Puck Express.

EoS was very crowded. Only outside tables were available. We all had our usual. The soup was our favorite Wisconsin Cheddar.

I can’t remember the name of the store, but we went to the store that has the grab bags. I bought a grab bag for Anakin for Christmas and a few other things for stocking stuffers. I loved their display of the “Purchase with Purchase”

From here we headed home. Our Disney resort stay was over, but our Disney adventures are always a work in progress. Stay tuned for a field trip to Busch Gardens, more Disney dining adventures, and a fun afternoon at Blizzard Beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I just realized hadn't gotten any updates from you...wow a whole week!

hope things get figured out
I know! Things have been crazy here. My stress level is at the max. We are still having lots of fun, and it's great to forget the stress for a few hours!

Figured I better finish POFQ, because before I know it, we will be staying at POP again!! Just a quick stay, 2 nights.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #1674
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I wish that we had been able to meet while I was there...

And you head back to Pop in just 8 days? You will just miss my daughter who is there now. She leaves on Tuesday.

I will be here to follow along with the rest of your adventures!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #1675
kaoden39
Hugs

I love the idea of riding in a boat to the park. Someday.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #1676
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I wish that we had been able to meet while I was there...

And you head back to Pop in just 8 days? You will just miss my daughter who is there now. She leaves on Tuesday.

I will be here to follow along with the rest of your adventures!!!
I know! It's too bad it didn't work out to meet.

Yes!!! Pop in 8 days!!

I don't think I'm doing online check in this time. Last time, when I did online check in the computer lost my special requests.

This time I didn't make requests through the disability people, I did it through reservations, so it's not a medical request. I'll take my chances and it's only 2 nights.

Where will your daughter be on Sunday? I will be at a park Sunday night. If we are in the same park it would be fun to say hello!

Quote:
I love the idea of riding in a boat to the park. Someday.
The boat ride is so nice and relaxing. It goes right by rentayenta's tree houses!!

Our DTD isn't near any of the parks, well at least not walking distance. You can get to DTD by boat from POR, POFQ, OKW, the Tree Houses, and Saratoga Springs. The deluxe Epcot resorts do have a boat that takes you to the entrance gate of the Epcot!!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #1677
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I know! It's too bad it didn't work out to meet.

Yes!!! Pop in 8 days!!

I don't think I'm doing online check in this time. Last time, when I did online check in the computer lost my special requests.

This time I didn't make requests through the disability people, I did it through reservations, so it's not a medical request. I'll take my chances and it's only 2 nights.

Where will your daughter be on Sunday? I will be at a park Sunday night. If we are in the same park it would be fun to say hello!

The boat ride is so nice and relaxing. It goes right by rentayenta's tree houses!!

Our DTD isn't near any of the parks, well at least not walking distance. You can get to DTD by boat from POR, POFQ, OKW, the Tree Houses, and Saratoga Springs. The deluxe Epcot resorts do have a boat that takes you to the entrance gate of the Epcot!!

That is so cool. Our DTD is right there in the middle of all the action.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #1678
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is so cool. Our DTD is right there in the middle of all the action.

WDW is like it's own city. Everything is pretty spread out.

Very convenient to have DTD in between. That's sort of how Universal/IOA is set up with City Walk.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #1679
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
WDW is like it's own city. Everything is pretty spread out.

Very convenient to have DTD in between. That's sort of how Universal/IOA is set up with City Walk.

That is actually kind of nice. When DLR was built they didn't buy as much land so they couldn't do that. I do know that over the years they have bought more and more property. Who knows what are they are planning.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #1680
Lidian
DIS Veteran

So what is this about grab bags? What are they, and roughly where are they located? I've only explored a few stores in DTD, we always seem to go when it's crazy busy, so I don't get to venture into many stores. I'm hoping to get some quiet DTD time this March!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: