Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #1652
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thank you!! I am loving the smart phone I got for Christmas. It makes keeping track of the points so much easier!!

Oh that is great!! I didn't realize there was an app for it. I need to look now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #1653
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh that is great!! I didn't realize there was an app for it. I need to look now.
Most of the online features are only available to subscribers. I figure I've been paying $16 a month since 2008, I might as well use it all.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #1654
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the photopass pictures from Christmas.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #1655
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Back to the TR. Day 3.

Once again we had a late start and went straight to fish. Using hot dogs as bait, we did not catch anything. Not even a puny fish! The guys didn't care, they enjoyed themselves. Anakin was still fascinated with the sink, lol. (Grumpy loves the color yellow, so he has 5 different yellow fishing shirts that all look pretty much the same.)

After fishing we ate at POR's food court. Not sure what we got to eat, but I did take pics of dessert. I had a crumb cake and the guys ate icecream.

In the afternoon we swam over at POR. The main pool there was much warmer than the main pool at POFQ. So nice to have a sister resort to share a pool!!! Anakin joined in the pool activities, musical stars and a couple other games. At the end, all participants got a prize. It was a squirting rubber ducky. He loved it!!

The evening was a near disaster. We had a reservation for a carriage ride for 5:30pm. As you can see below the sign at POR said the carriage ride didn't start til later, which we didn't notice until later...

It was raining outside. Not very hard, but a good drizzle that didn't let up. We bought ponchos at the store.

When I made the reservation, I was told that the ride would take place whether there was rain or cold. The only weather to stop a carriage ride was a thunderstorm. So we sat inside POR until 10 minutes before our carriage ride.

Then we headed outside and sat on the porch under cover on the rocking chairs. We got a call from our oldest who was in our room, that the carriage ride was postponed til 5:45. At 6pm there was still no sign of a horse, so I went into concierge and asked them if they could find out what was going on. They spoke to someone who told them the carriage ride was now postponed for another 15 minutes.

So Anakin joined in the activities in the lobby. He had a blast.

6:15 came and there was still no sign of a horse. I went back to concierge and the same cm made another call. This time she was told it would be 10 to 20 minutes and it would be an abbreviated carriage ride around the parking lot. They would pick us up out front of the resort. I asked if an abbreviated ride meant a pro-rated charge? The cm asked the person on the phone and the person on the phone said since it was an hour later than our reservation the ride would be complementary. Can't beat that price!!

Goofy was fed up over the whole waiting thing. Anakin thought it was awesome. He got to play in the rain, rock on the rocking chairs, and dance in the lobby.

Our horse and driver arrived. He apologized for being late and explained that getting the horses ready for MVMCP delayed him in leaving from FW with his horse. He took us around the parking lot and it stopped raining so he took us around to the normal route. When we passed by the trailer, the horse thought he was heading back to FW.

We had a nice ride and we were pleased the rain stopped!

When we got back to the room, Anakin wanted to get a warm bath and watch tv. Grumpy wanted to go back to Bass Pro Shoppe. So Grumpy and Goofy headed out while we got warmed up!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #1656
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

We cant wait to go to MVMCP! I can only imagine how much fun it was.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #1657
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
We cant wait to go to MVMCP! I can only imagine how much fun it was.
We haven't been to MVMCP since Grumpy was in elementary school. It was nice back then. We liked the MNSSHP better though.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #1658
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Most of the online features are only available to subscribers. I figure I've been paying $16 a month since 2008, I might as well use it all.

I used to belong to Richard Simmons website and I felt that the $20 a piece that I paid for Scotty and I wasn't worth what we were getting. I miss the message boards on there. I have been thinking about joining WW for me.

You can't beat the price on the carriage ride. I have to say you are much more patient than I might be.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #1659
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

looks like Anakin enjoyed the delay for the carriage ride....happy it finally worked out and you got a free ride!

look what we got today....

a lot melted, but more is on the way!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #1660
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

I don't know where I got that that is what this was from, must be my crazy brain acting up. Anyway, we are planning to go for Jess because she wants to. We did the pirate and princess party for Luke's bday and while it was fun, I am not sure it was really worth it.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #1661
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

The carriage ride looks fun, it is going on my to try list for sure. Sorry you had the delay, but looked like Anakin had a ball regardless while waiting. I love the POR pool!!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 01-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #1662
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the photopass pictures from Christmas.
Thanks!

Sorry I didn't see this in between my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I used to belong to Richard Simmons website and I felt that the $20 a piece that I paid for Scotty and I wasn't worth what we were getting. I miss the message boards on there. I have been thinking about joining WW for me.

You can't beat the price on the carriage ride. I have to say you are much more patient than I might be.
Did you do sweating to the oldies? I didn't know he had a website with message boards. The exercise program that works best for me is Gilad on FitTV. I need to get back into doing that!

My patience was fine, dh's was a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
looks like Anakin enjoyed the delay for the carriage ride....happy it finally worked out and you got a free ride!

look what we got today....

a lot melted, but more is on the way!
Love the beauty of a first snow!! Too bad it has to be followed with shoveling.

While you enjoyed your snow, we went to Epcot today, met up with a DISer, then to DTD. Brought home tunamelts from EoS, wasn't part of the plan, but too hard to resist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
I don't know where I got that that is what this was from, must be my crazy brain acting up. Anyway, we are planning to go for Jess because she wants to. We did the pirate and princess party for Luke's bday and while it was fun, I am not sure it was really worth it.
Jess will love it! Be sure to read up on it before you go. The shows are great. Not sure if they are the same shows that started on Dec 18th this year. We got to see the Christmas parade that day as the 3pm parade, instead of at night as seen at the Christmas party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
The carriage ride looks fun, it is going on my to try list for sure. Sorry you had the delay, but looked like Anakin had a ball regardless while waiting. I love the POR pool!!!
The carriage ride was great! I don't think it was abreviated. It lasted about 30 minutes. We like POR's pool better than POFQ, but our favorite resort pool is Storm along Bay at the Yacht and Beach Club, followed right behind by CSR's dig site pool. How was BLT's pool?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #1663
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Looks like both the boys loved the afternoon at POR...sorry the fish did not bite on hot dogs!

What a mess with the carriage ride...but it sounds like they made it right in the end.

Love that you and Anakin went to the room to warm up and the guys went to Bass Pro Shop...I know 2 guys in this house that would agree that would be a great way to warm up!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #1664
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Looks like both the boys loved the afternoon at POR...sorry the fish did not bite on hot dogs!

What a mess with the carriage ride...but it sounds like they made it right in the end.

Love that you and Anakin went to the room to warm up and the guys went to Bass Pro Shop...I know 2 guys in this house that would agree that would be a great way to warm up!
Actually, Grumpy has done well in the past with bread or hotdogs as bait. He would have loved to go netting there. You could see the mud minnows. Tons of minnow. He did catch a minnow on the rod and used it as bait, but we didn't count the minnow as a catch. He said he never saw a minnow that dark before. He and another fisherman were talking about the what they means about the quality of the water there. Probably way too much oil from the boats to discolor the fish that much was their guess.

They brought back a key chain for Anakin and Peppermint flavor salt water taffy for me!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #1665
kaoden39
Hugs

He had a whole weekend planned out. We got ballroom dancing lessons, and exercised, had classes on portion control and self esteem classes plus we all were part of his radio show that he had at that time. All in all it was fun. He is a very nice man.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: