Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #1516
Liza111577
Becoming a DISney addict!!

By looking at the pictures it seems that there is a person behind every station and you have to point out what you want, rather than being able to get it yourself.
Am I correct in that assumption?
I always feel uncomfortable going up to a buffet multiple times or filling my plate to the max when I have to request food instead of being able to get it myself.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #1517
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

the buffet looks yummy...lots of great choices!

hope you get to see the processional and some photos of Neil Patrick Harris "Doogie!!!" love him!

have a great trip!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #1518
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

hope you are feeling better...

The buffet looks good..especially for a cs credit!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #1519
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
So glad to hear he did well! I wasn't any help at all. He's a smart boy, it was all him.

Your pics of the new buffet at PM look awesome! Now I want to go back to CSR just to try more foods.
Thanks, he is a smart boy. Now if these culinary schools could just see that and accept the high school diploma he will get, he will be set. Funny he can get accepted to a state college, but not a technical school. Makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza111577 View Post
By looking at the pictures it seems that there is a person behind every station and you have to point out what you want, rather than being able to get it yourself.
Am I correct in that assumption?
I always feel uncomfortable going up to a buffet multiple times or filling my plate to the max when I have to request food instead of being able to get it myself.

Yes, there is a person behind every station except the salad one. No reason to feel uncomfortable. They aren't judging. For all they know, the 4 quesadilla slices you take back are for 4 different people. A server, on the other hand may see how much food each person gets and consumes if they aren't busy and are nosy. I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
the buffet looks yummy...lots of great choices!

hope you get to see the processional and some photos of Neil Patrick Harris "Doogie!!!" love him!

have a great trip!
Not many people know who Doogie is. I was trying to explain to Grumpy who he was, and to my parents and their friends. Grumpy knew him as the guy from Smurfs. My parents and their friends still aren't sure who he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
hope you are feeling better...

The buffet looks good..especially for a cs credit!
Thanks. Feeling much better today! Now I have to get to packing.

If you decide to eat there for lunch on a Monday or this weekend, let me know. We can meet you there.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #1520
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Hi there!! I have been totally MIA. I got sick with a nasty flu so I wasn't near my computer and I am now catching up just in time to say have fun!!

Well, being sick and the drama of taking both of my kids from public school and putting them into an accredited online program. What a headache.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #1521
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Not many people know who Doogie is. I was trying to explain to Grumpy who he was, and to my parents and their friends. Grumpy knew him as the guy from Smurfs. My parents and their friends still aren't sure who he is.

Thanks. Feeling much better today! Now I have to get to packing.

I wonder if you can find any of the Doogie Houser shows on line ! they don't watch How I Met Your Mother either....I love his Barney character too.

happy you are feeling better....better get that packing done, you are down to hours!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #1522
kaoden39
Hugs

Do you get the Hub? We do on Comcast. I have no clue where they are out of but they show Doogie Howser repeats at night.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #1523
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Do you get the Hub? We do on Comcast. I have no clue where they are out of but they show Doogie Howser repeats at night.
not sure if we do or not...will have to go look! thanks!

Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #1524
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pictures of the new "buffet." I wonder how the trial run is going with that.

Sorry I've been missing in action. Work is crazy, trying to finish my TR and I've started a PTR for our January trip.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #1525
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
It's a cold morning in central Florida. 20 degrees cooler than yesterday morning. Brrrrrrr.

wanna talk cold this morning...hmmm in the low single digits! Hoping the weather holds nice while at WDW...every day I look at the forecast...I sure can handle 70s for highs and 50s for lows!

While Anakin does his seat work today, I am hoping to pack. I didn't get much done yesterday. Got some of Anakin's and Grumpy's clothes picked out.

I would really like to go to the candlelight processional this weekend. Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator. Perhaps another pumpkin spice funnel cake is in the mix too!

OMG...pumpkin spice funnel cake...now that sounds like something I need, but probably will be gone by the 30th! Maybe they still will have the Gingerbread with Peppermint Ice Cream when I get to MK on the 2nd!

We haven't used our Universal passes since the March trip. I've never seen their Macy's parade and might want to check that out. We also have never checked out Sea World's Christmas set up and might check that out too. I'd also like to see the resort trees, and get our annual picture taken at the Yacht Club's tree.

A lunch at CSR is a must! Goofy, Anakin and I ate there on Monday. Lunch is now a buffet!! It's a QS service for those on the dining plan. For those on the cash plan, it's $16.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids. Drinks are included, but not specialty coffees or alcoholic beverages.

Thanks! There's so much to do and so little time to do it! Winging it works well for us. The only hold up is that Grumpy thinks sleeping til noon or later is part of the plan.

I like the idea of wingining it...sadly I am stressing over touring plans and ridemax at the time being.

Grumpy is done with that computer class. He got a 94% in the class. Thanks for your help the other weekend!

This time we won't be updating from the resort. Free internet at CSR was great last time. POFQ doesn't have that. We are doing another carriage ride, but Anakin doesn't know. It will be a surprise!

Hope he has fun...I would love to do a carriage ride, but no where does it fit!

Yay for single digit dance to DLR!!

Thanks! I hope there is one day warm enough to swim! Anakin wants to try the water slide!
Praying for swimsuit weather!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #1526
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
not sure if we do or not...will have to go look! thanks!

Good luck!!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #1527
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I am finally packed!!!

Quote:
Hi there!! I have been totally MIA. I got sick with a nasty flu so I wasn't near my computer and I am now catching up just in time to say have fun!!

Well, being sick and the drama of taking both of my kids from public school and putting them into an accredited online program. What a headache.
Sorry you've been sick. I hope you are feeling much better. Thankfully my stomach flu didn't last very long.

Wow, that's a big move. Is the online program through the public school?

Quote:
I wonder if you can find any of the Doogie Houser shows on line ! they don't watch How I Met Your Mother either....I love his Barney character too.

happy you are feeling better....better get that packing done, you are down to hours!
I will have to look after vacation.

Quote:
I'll have to check, too, to see if we have the Hub. I think we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks for the pictures of the new "buffet." I wonder how the trial run is going with that.

Sorry I've been missing in action. Work is crazy, trying to finish my TR and I've started a PTR for our January trip.
Goofy was a great sport. He has a smart phone, I don't. So he was busy taking and texting the pictures to Buzz. He made a comment about it was interesting having lunch with Buzz that day. Hopefully we'll all get to meet in May and it won't seem so strange to text pictures of new stuff at CSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Praying for swimsuit weather!
I hope you get swim suit weather. For us, it's always swim suit weather if it's a properly heated pool. Doesn't matter what the temps are outside if the pool is nice and toasty. We are hoping to get some swimming in. We didn't swim at POP at all.

I'm glad we are winging it. It will be nice to stop and smell the roses, take in the details and not be rushed.

I don't think my body could handle single digits.

I didn't hear about the gingerbread peppermint icecream. Where at the MK is that? I'd assume the icecream shop?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #1528
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Anakin made today very interesting.

He started his day by having a strange episode in the living room. I had gone to his bedroom to get clothing for him. When I came back. I asked him to get dressed and he didn't move. I put the clothing in front of his face and he still didn't move. I tried tapping him, talking to him, and he just sat there frozen. I rubbed his back and noticed that his tongue was in a very odd position and his mouth was half open. I touched his face and he still didn't move. I began talking to him gently, while rubbing his back. I couldn't tell if he was breathing or not. My heart started to sink into my stomach.

Just like that, he said, "I don't like that show." It was a commercial. I asked what show? He was talking about the show that was on right before he had this episode. He continued on as if nothing happened.

Immediately afterwards, the neurologists office called. How is that for timing. I told the secretary what happened. She made an appointment for him on Tuesday.

Then later this afternoon, Anakin was so happy. He told me that he is going to need Daddy to help him wrap my Christmas present. I asked him what it is. He said it's a secret but I am going to love it! I asked Goofy about my present, and he said "I didn't get you anything." I told him that Anakin thinks he did and needs help wrapping it.

A little while later, Grumpy calls me to the bedroom and asks why I have a case of vanilla coke on the bed. I told him I didn't put it there. He said he didn't. Grumpy said he didn't. Then we realized what happened. Anakin put it there. He saw it by the door and thought his Daddy had brought it home from work. He was going to wrap it for me for Christmas. He was so disappointed to learn it was for Disney. I told him how much I appreciated him thinking of me. He is so sweet.

After bath time tonight, I put a bath robe on him. He was so proud to wear it. Before bed, I gave him his pajamas. I noticed tape on his bath robe. I asked him why there was tape on it. He said to keep it closed. He didn't like how the tie didn't keep it completely closed. He is so resourceful, lol!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #1529
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Good luck!!
we have HUB and Doogie is listed!!

Quote:
Anakin made today very interesting.

He started his day by having a strange episode in the living room. I had gone to his bedroom to get clothing for him. When I came back. I asked him to get dressed and he didn't move. I put the clothing in front of his face and he still didn't move. I tried tapping him, talking to him, and he just sat there frozen. I rubbed his back and noticed that his tongue was in a very odd position and his mouth was half open. I touched his face and he still didn't move. I began talking to him gently, while rubbing his back. I couldn't tell if he was breathing or not. My heart started to sink into my stomach.

Just like that, he said, "I don't like that show." It was a commercial. I asked what show? He was talking about the show that was on right before he had this episode. He continued on as if nothing happened.

Immediately afterwards, the neurologists office called. How is that for timing. I told the secretary what happened. She made an appointment for him on Tuesday.

Then later this afternoon, Anakin was so happy. He told me that he is going to need Daddy to help him wrap my Christmas present. I asked him what it is. He said it's a secret but I am going to love it! I asked Goofy about my present, and he said "I didn't get you anything." I told him that Anakin thinks he did and needs help wrapping it.

A little while later, Grumpy calls me to the bedroom and asks why I have a case of vanilla coke on the bed. I told him I didn't put it there. He said he didn't. Grumpy said he didn't. Then we realized what happened. Anakin put it there. He saw it by the door and thought his Daddy had brought it home from work. He was going to wrap it for me for Christmas. He was so disappointed to learn it was for Disney. I told him how much I appreciated him thinking of me. He is so sweet.

After bath time tonight, I put a bath robe on him. He was so proud to wear it. Before bed, I gave him his pajamas. I noticed tape on his bath robe. I asked him why there was tape on it. He said to keep it closed. He didn't like how the tie didn't keep it completely closed. He is so resourceful, lol!
how strange...do they think it was a seizure? hope all will be okay
awe, such a little sweetie thinking of his mama...maybe Goofy should get a 6 pack and let him wrap it up for you!
he is a smart little guy

have a great trip!

Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #1530
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we have HUB and Doogie is listed!!

how strange...do they think it was a seizure? hope all will be okay
awe, such a little sweetie thinking of his mama...maybe Goofy should get a 6 pack and let him wrap it up for you!
he is a smart little guy

have a great trip!
Neuro said probably not a seizure. He insists that petite mals have to have eyes blinking.

I have a feeling I will be getting some vanilla coke for Christmas. I prefer the Winn Dixie brand, so it will probably be a case!

Thanks, I'm sure we will have a great time. I'm still a little apprehensive about trying POFQ. I have very little expectation. The disability person put in gauranteed 1st floor. I didn't request any buildings. When she made the request, she said she stayed in building 2 and loved it there. It was nice and quiet. We won't be using the bus at all, so any building is fine. It's a small resort. We are hoping that Anakin will not need his Cruiser around the resort.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: