Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #1501
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The family visit was very nice. Grumpy and his grandpa did lots of fishing. Lots. We got to Epcot one day with Grandma. Saw the Muppets another day. And mostly relaxed.

I think relaxing is good!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #1502
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
The family visit was very nice. Grumpy and his grandpa did lots of fishing. Lots. We got to Epcot one day with Grandma. Saw the Muppets another day. And mostly relaxed.
good to hear all went well! we plan on seeing the Muppets on Sat!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #1503
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think relaxing is good!!
Relaxing was very nice. We are always on the go, it was nice to just kick back and BREATH!

Now it's back to routine. Grumpy is taking the SAT again on Saturday. Still filling out college applications too. He has another campus tour next week. I was hoping it would coincide with our Disney trip, but it didn't work out that way. It's off by a day or so.

I'm still working on the ambulance bill, but now the ambulance company is advocating for me too! Still amazed that the person who called was able to put a hold on our bill when the last person said it's impossible and would go to collection after a couple more bills were sent to us. If my appeal doesn't work, then the ambulance company is appealing on our behalf.

Anakin is doing better with his seizures. Still having them, but nothing big. It's just a matter of turning him on his side so he doesn't choke when he has them in his sleep. Goofy has been able to sleep through them, so finally one of us is getting a full night's sleep!

So those 5 days of mostly relaxing was very needed! Also for dh's parents. His grandma lives with them and she has end stage alzheimer's disease. She was able to go into respite care for his parents to have a getaway! This was their first in years!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #1504
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
good to hear all went well! we plan on seeing the Muppets on Sat!
It's gooooood!!! It was better than we had expected.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #1505
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I need to start packing again! My ticker says 1 day, 12 hours. We have absolutely no ADRs made. Going to completely wing it this time.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #1506
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I need to start packing again! My ticker says 1 day, 12 hours. We have absolutely no ADRs made. Going to completely wing it this time.
WOOHOO! Have a great trip again! Can't wait to hear how it goes with winging it!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 12-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #1507
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
enjoy the trip and POFQ....will look forward to your updates!

we are single digits today...9 until we leave and 10 until we are at the DLR park!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #1508
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip! Cant wait to hear all about it!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #1509
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

It's a cold morning in central Florida. 20 degrees cooler than yesterday morning. Brrrrrrr.

While Anakin does his seat work today, I am hoping to pack. I didn't get much done yesterday. Got some of Anakin's and Grumpy's clothes picked out.

I would really like to go to the candlelight processional this weekend. Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator. Perhaps another pumpkin spice funnel cake is in the mix too!

We haven't used our Universal passes since the March trip. I've never seen their Macy's parade and might want to check that out. We also have never checked out Sea World's Christmas set up and might check that out too. I'd also like to see the resort trees, and get our annual picture taken at the Yacht Club's tree.

A lunch at CSR is a must! Goofy, Anakin and I ate there on Monday. Lunch is now a buffet!! It's a QS service for those on the dining plan. For those on the cash plan, it's $16.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids. Drinks are included, but not specialty coffees or alcoholic beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
WOOHOO! Have a great trip again! Can't wait to hear how it goes with winging it!
Thanks! There's so much to do and so little time to do it! Winging it works well for us. The only hold up is that Grumpy thinks sleeping til noon or later is part of the plan.

Grumpy is done with that computer class. He got a 94% in the class. Thanks for your help the other weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
enjoy the trip and POFQ....will look forward to your updates!

we are single digits today...9 until we leave and 10 until we are at the DLR park!!!
This time we won't be updating from the resort. Free internet at CSR was great last time. POFQ doesn't have that. We are doing another carriage ride, but Anakin doesn't know. It will be a surprise!

Yay for single digit dance to DLR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
Have a great trip! Cant wait to hear all about it!
Thanks! I hope there is one day warm enough to swim! Anakin wants to try the water slide!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #1510
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

This is why we'd like to head back to CSR's lunch buffet! Copy and pasting my post from the CSR thread.

Pepper Market Lunch Buffet

Sign outside of Pepper Market

Chef Station

Market Station

Pizza and Pasta Station

Just for Kids Station

From the Grill Station

Sandwich Station

Dessert Station

Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #1511
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Those desserts look WONDERFUL!!! I've never seen that market, I may have to one day!!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #1512
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Ok, just read about the pumpkin funnel cake....where can I find this??!! LOL I love pumpkin stuff!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #1513
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Hey Michelle- getting caught up! Loving the most recent report! I know you said DTD was super busy- thanks for that text. WE will definitely avoid it next year. I book our November trip tomorrow through DVC, we are going Nov 9-17th. We will just avoid DTD during that FEstival of the Masters weekend for sure. I loved all the chalk art pics though- so cool!

So are you guys heading back this weekend then? are you staying at CSR again? The buffet does look pretty amazing!! YUM!! I am going to be so jealous if you get to see Neil Patrick Harris at the processional, please take pics of you do. And hope you get to check out Universal too.

now that work has slowed down a bit, hopefully I can stay caught up now!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 12-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #1514
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Those desserts look WONDERFUL!!! I've never seen that market, I may have to one day!!
It's the food court at CSR. They have a new buffet for breakfast and lunch. Ala carte for supper. It's just for a 30 day trial. I hope they continue with it. They do not accept Tables in Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Ok, just read about the pumpkin funnel cake....where can I find this??!! LOL I love pumpkin stuff!!!
At the American Pavillion, right near the candlelight processional package entrance. It's a little funnel cake stand. It's close to the pin cart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Hey Michelle- getting caught up! Loving the most recent report! I know you said DTD was super busy- thanks for that text. WE will definitely avoid it next year. I book our November trip tomorrow through DVC, we are going Nov 9-17th. We will just avoid DTD during that FEstival of the Masters weekend for sure. I loved all the chalk art pics though- so cool!

So are you guys heading back this weekend then? are you staying at CSR again? The buffet does look pretty amazing!! YUM!! I am going to be so jealous if you get to see Neil Patrick Harris at the processional, please take pics of you do. And hope you get to check out Universal too.

now that work has slowed down a bit, hopefully I can stay caught up now!!
I hope you get the resort of first choice!

Yes! We are heading back this weekend! We are staying at POFQ for the first time ever. We have stayed at POR many times though. And we checked out Lisa's room when she stayed at FQ in Oct.

We will be doing the standby line, so we'll see how it goes for the processional. I'm sure this will be a pretty popular one.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #1515
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Grumpy is done with that computer class. He got a 94% in the class. Thanks for your help the other weekend!
So glad to hear he did well! I wasn't any help at all. He's a smart boy, it was all him.

Your pics of the new buffet at PM look awesome! Now I want to go back to CSR just to try more foods.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: