Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #106
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you enjoyed O'hana....We had a bad experience here for my Bday in April '08. Our ADR was around the same time as yours and wishes was at 9 that night so I think we may have been the last party sat even. It started when I sat down at the table and the chair pad was SOAKING wet....so gross! The service for us was terrible too, like annoyed we were there so late.....the food was pretty good though so I'm hoping we give it another try. Maybe at a better time like mid-dinner service or something. I remember that bread pudding being HEAVENLY!!!!

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #107
kimgof
DIS Veteran

Ohanas is a must do for us ! We love it there for dinner and breakfast! I loved the pic of your little PJ with the flower lei his sister gave him...adorable!
I have to agree with you about CRT. We have done lunch and breakfast there. The food is just edible. And the price is ridiculous. Its the atmostphere and the princesses you go to really see. This trip in August we will be skipping CRT and trying Akershus instead...still princesses but only 1TS credit. My DD's choice since she is the only one who cares about princesses. My 2 DS's only want the food.

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #108
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Finally uploaded my pics and am ready to ROLL here! When in October are you going? I am going with DS and my Sister 10/23-10/27
I will be there Oct 23rd-30th. :Banana:

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #109
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Yum Yum Yum! I love 'Ohanas. We had the same server when we were there in March. The steak was cooked to perfection. The only thing I didn't try was the shrimp because I was too lazy to peel it myself. I have only positive things to say about 'Ohana and I only hope I have the same experience next time!

PJ was so handsome in his suit. And the girls looked like beautiful princesses.

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #110
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Wonderful Ohana Review I want to go there so bad right now!! I wonder if I could make it my Christmas Day meal or if that would be insane... I don't know. It's the best dinner EVER.

And also as far as CRT... I'm sorry to say, but none of those princesses look very legitimate. Honestly, they scare me a little! I don't like how you have to pay for that meal and then you get weak princesses. Not okay.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #111
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Yes! I hear ya...I don't know why but that bothers me as well. I wish they would find people who look more like the characters. It's slightly disturbing to me when Pocahontas isn't Native American, etc..etc...

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #112
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Loving your reviews

Looks like you had a wonderful evening at Ohanas

Your kidos are all soooo cute and PJ looks very smart at CRT
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #113
RNBelle
Mouseketeer

Your family is just lovely! I will be in Disney Oct 23-30 with just my toddler and I! It will be great-- but I'm so nervous, he'll only be 14 months at that time!

Toddling around WDW December 2011 PTR
RNBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #114
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Oh...my...gosh! I just got to read through your whole review and I'm dying for a red velvet cupcake and some bread pudding right about now!! Your reviews are great and I love your pictures. Your family is just beautiful! I had been reading some bad and so-so reviews of Ohana lately and I'd been a little nervous about trying it for the first time on our next trip. But today I read two great reviews so I'm feeling so much better about it, I can't wait! Can't wait to read more!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #115
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Loving your reviews

Looks like you had a wonderful evening at Ohanas

Your kidos are all soooo cute and PJ looks very smart at CRT

he looks like a tiny business man lol. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNBelle View Post
Your family is just lovely! I will be in Disney Oct 23-30 with just my toddler and I! It will be great-- but I'm so nervous, he'll only be 14 months at that time!

You will be JUST FINE! This age is IMO the easiest I worry more about my girls than the baby to be honest lol. My sister and I will be down during that time as well Where will you be staying? We are thinking of CBR or AKL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Oh...my...gosh! I just got to read through your whole review and I'm dying for a red velvet cupcake and some bread pudding right about now!! Your reviews are great and I love your pictures. Your family is just beautiful! I had been reading some bad and so-so reviews of Ohana lately and I'd been a little nervous about trying it for the first time on our next trip. But today I read two great reviews so I'm feeling so much better about it, I can't wait! Can't wait to read more!
Yea, I can't look through my Disney pics without getting hungry for one thing or another ! However, after PJs Bday party I have seen enough cake to last me a while lol. Thanks for the compliments. We really love Ohana...you just have to go and try it for yourself, then make your own decision on it!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #116
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Been SO busy, soooo sorry!

BUT now I'm back and ready to review some more ! Totally got caught up with PJs 1st bday party and then Easter the day after....whew, just glad its OVER with! UP next, Tusker House BF, Y&Y lunch and Jiko Dinner!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #117
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Tusker House Breakfast 3/31

We had gotten up early for our 8 am ADR for TH. We really enjoyed our breakfast here back in 2009 so I decided to go ahead and book it again. Once again it was DOWNPOURING for our AK day literally as soon as we stepped off the bus which really irked me. Seems like EVERY time we go to AK it pours rain. Oh well, we busted out the ponchos and bought 3 umbrellas and we were off our merry way.

We checked in and were called fairly quickly. They wanted to take our pic but I declined as we were all soaked and would prefer to spend our money elsewhere rather than on a picture. We were walked towards our table and the place was empty which was nice We were told to go ahead and get started on BF so off I went. For those of you who haven't been to Tusker House, it really is a neat place. The ceilings are decorated and the food selection is vast. Here are some pics of some of the offerings and some of our plates. (My camera was set on the wrong setting for 1/2 of our meal, I apologize!).

Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #118
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Tusker House continued...

I came back to my table with this...(after everyone thought I was a lunatic for taking all of those pics lol)

Mickey waffles, eggs, some quiche and coconut yams. This was mine and PJs plate

Everything was fresh and good. Nothing like a Mickey Waffle in the morn

Another plate...

Chocolate chip croissant, apple turnover, blintzes and some fruit. I LOVE the blintzes here and the pastries are always so fresh and plentiful! The fruit was cold and fresh as well. No complaints.

DDs plate

Jungle Juice

PJ LOVED this!

Not sure whos dish this was? lol. The slice of bread was a citrus bread I believe and it was pretty good. Some of the spreads and jellys were unique, there is just so much variety of new and different foods here that I never can get a chance to try everything it seems I do remember them having golden raisins here which I LOVE with my yogurt (though not shown here).

DHs plate of grossness (IMO!) I don't eat bacon or sausage

the parade they do with the kids

And the characters...

This ones HILARIOUS ...poor PJ

Overall we had a good meal here but I'm not in a hurry to do it again. I think we'll skip it next time simply because we have been there several times now and would like to try something different. It is convenient if you are in the AK for the morning and the food is very good for buffet style with a TON of selection and options. The characters are some of the most rushed I have ever seen and Donald Duck was not around the morning we went??

I'd give Tusker House Breakfast a 3 on the scale. The food is good, the characters are very rushed. It gets VERY busy and is extremely LOUD. One of the loudest places we ate at to be frank. It's busy and the tables are very close together, you are literally on top of one another and I felt closed in once the placed started to fill up. I STRONGLY suggest going prior to park opening to avoid as much of this as you can. We will do it again, just not any time in the near future

Old 04-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #119
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Yak & Yeti lunch!

After quite an eventful morning spent in the pouring rain @ AK we made our way over to Y n Y for our lunch ADR. The place was quite busy and I'm assuming it was mostly because of the rain and everyone wanting to get out of it. We stood in the corner after we checked in and it took a good 15 minutes before our name was called. The kids were more than ready to eat and PJ was ready for a nap. Once we were seated we placed the kids order with our drink and appetizer order since I knew they were both starving. I was very tempted to have a yak attack but it was too early for me and I really wasn't in the mood for alcohol unfortunately

I let Vi take the pictures of the kids meals, which were brought out promptly. Both ordered the chicken with two sides (rice and fries and rice and applesauce). This experience was quite different in our other lunch at Y n Y later on in the week because we were not offered appetizers for the kids this time around??

She also felt the need to take a picture of this?? All you kids out there rejoice!!!

We went with the lettuce cups and Tuna for our apps.

I had the tuna and while it was fresh and nicely presented it didn't taste like anything to me? Mind you, this was the first time I had eaten something such as this so take that opinion with a grain of salt...it just didn't do much for me. DH's lettuce cups were yummy though! I should have ordered these but wanted to be more adventurous in my dining. The minced meat they serve it with was yummy and overall it was a nice, light starter to a meal. DH enjoyed it very much.

The kids were enjoying their meals and both liked the chicken and rice. Sometime during the time we placed our orders for our Entrees PJ had to be rocked to sleep so I took him by the bathrooms and sang his "bubba bass boy" song to him there and he was out cold within 2 minutes lol. I came back to our table and as soon as I sat down our food was served.

Dh had the ribs and I ordered the maple tamarind chicken with coconut ginger rice.

All I can say is "Meh" about my dish. It just didn't do it for me in the least. The chicken was bland tasting and dry and the rice was soooo plain tasting. I didn't pick up coconut (which is one of my FAVs) at all in the rice. I thought i would really like this dish but I was rather disappointed to be honest.

DHs ribs on the other hand....WOW Now, remember I don't eat pork...I don't like ribs and I certainly don't eat things with bones in them! These I made the exception for. I didn't have to touch the bone since the meat fell right off. The sauce they use for the ribs is SOOOOO incredible, sweet and a little tangy, thick bbq style sauce with sesame seeds on top (another fav of mine!). The meat was steaming as it was peeled off the bone, they were so fresh and just SO good!

Let's not forget though...Amanda doesn't do ribs....yeaaaa right. Well, Amanda wished she had ordered these at this point instead of the dry chicken breast lol. Needless to say he ate every flipping last one of them and most of the rice as well (which was also very good!). He only complained about the veggies which with him, isn't surprising.

After all of this is was time for dessert. I already knew what we were going to order loooong before our day here. DH had the fried cream cheese wontons and I had the sorbet selection. The kids had chocolate pudding and an ice cream sundae.

The cream cheese wontons are pretty much EVERYTHING you would think and dream they are Too heavy for my tummy though so I only tried one with a fried pineapple and the sauce drizzled over it...fell in love with that little pocket of sweet, warm cream cheese filling inside of the wonton too...OK snap outta it. Umm..They were soooo sinfully good! DH LOVED these and so did the kids. In fact, the kids didn't even eat their desserts, they ate ours instead lol.

My sorbets were also very good. I LOVED the green one, I think it was lime with mint?? It reminded me of a better version daiquiri ice from Baskin Robins which has always been a favorite of mine. Mango came in 2nd for me and was also very good, though my Violette LOVED the "pink" raspberry sorbet and devoured it.

Overall we enjoyed our meal here. Our server was efficient and friendly and the place is pretty neat to dine in. It is pretty loud and busy but the food was all fresh and served promptly. Though I didn't care for my dish I still rate it at a 3. We aren't in a hurry to return here though, I'm totally yak and yetied out

Old 04-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #120
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Just found your report. I know one thing for sure I WANT a butterfinger cupcake on our next trip and I won't cancel Ohana which I was thinking about. So thank you for both of those things!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: