Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #91
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I'm joining in

And I think you may have just convinced me to try and fit in Narcoossee's on our next trip!! it looks amazing!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #92
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Great reviews so far...can't wait to see what you say about 'Ohana. My daughter wants to eat there so badly, we haven't been in a long time (not since they switched from potatoes to noodles) I have been reading some bad reviews lately and I am nervous about eating there. Also, we have a group of 12 so getting a reservation at a decent time is nearly impossible. Right now we have a reservation for 6 at 9:30 and 6 at 9:55. Really late.

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #93
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Ohhh keep the 9:30! We had a 9:05 and were seated next to a Window table and it was PERFECT for viewing wishes The food was (as I said) BETTER than ever! I'm getting ready to post the reviews now. I can't wait to return in Oct

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #94
PrincessTaylorsMom
Mouseketeer

Loving your reviews so far. I love the Brown Derby review. I never thought of going there, but seeing your review and pics I'm definitely reconsidering!

12/14 Port Orleans Riverside 4/13 Beach Club, 10/2011 Beach Club, 9/2009 ASMu, 12/07 Poly, 7/95 Dixie Landing, 1977-1986 Off site (many times with mom & dad)

PrincessTaylorsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #95
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Brown Derby looked yummy. I have never eaten there. I dont spend too much time at HS. But I am excited to ride Star Tours when I go in October and I love Toy story mania! So, i'll make a reservation for Brown Derby when we go.

I can't wait to read your 'Ohana review. I thought it was a great experience. We decided that it is a must do for every trip to WDW.

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #96
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Finally uploaded my pics and am ready to ROLL here! When in October are you going? I am going with DS and my Sister 10/23-10/27

Old 04-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #97
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Some snacks from Pecos Bill prior to CRT.

We got an early start and made rope drop on 3/30 @ MK. It was really cute how they open up the park in the morning there and for some reason I can't recall ever making rope drop in the past

Anyhow, it really is a GREAT time to hit all of the more popular rides before the bigger crowds come in. I took PJ and Vi that day and did Dumbo, Small World, Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, the carosel and Mickeys all within a hours time. It was awesome! BUT....the kids were complaning that they were getting hungry so we stopped and got some popcorn. I asked the guy if we could get some fresh popped and he was nice and said it would take about 5 minutes which was fine with me. Went over to a bench by the riverboat and watched a few high school bands march by and was then offered a bag full of bottled waters from a very nice lady who explained that they were flying back later on that evening and she'd hate to throw them away! How nice and we sure used those that day

Before we knew it our popcorn was up!

I bought the bucket with $$ and the container my DD is holding is considered a SC

Can't you just smell it??? hehe

I had to get something for the baby and DH who was also whiney so I stopped at Pecos Bill and got 3 snack credits. A fry, a chili and a yogurt. Of course I made a stop at the toppings bar and got some tomatoes and pickles for myself which were yummy that day to me(NO I'm not preggers!). It tied us over until our lunch @ CRT at 2. I had to feed them, I did not want to deal with MONSTERS for our BBB apt @ Noon

I like this place because it has TONS of seating and the fact that you can order by machine...oh and the toppings bar too!

Old 04-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #98
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

CRT lunch 3/30

Double post...sorry!

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-17-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #99
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

CRT lunch 3/30

We had QUITE the experience at BBB! I have to tell ya, if you have girls you HAVE to do this! It was well worth EVERY penny we spent and will be taking them back in Feb 2012 I wish us old ppl. could do it too lol.

Anyhow, after their photo session (and me strolling back the 8 princess dolls Vi decided to stick in the stroller with her!) we checked into CRT. The young lady at the podium was quite a snot IMHO. But whatever, I'm known for this too from time to time it was like 8 to 2 and our ADR was 2:05 and she informed me that I could NOT check in until 10 minutes prior to our ADR time. Okaaaay...but w/e right. So we waited our extra 3 minutes and then proceeded to check in. We were immediately handed our ticket and then taken inside the castle.

My girls were excited but really, not any more than they were to be inside Akershus. With all of the complaints that came last visit from them not being able to eat in the castle I was expecting many more Ohhhhs and Ahhhhs from them. Brats. Anyway...We stood in a fairly short line to meet Cinderella (5 min maybe?) and get our pictures taken with her, etc. She didn't seem rushed to me and took her time to greet and talk with all of the children. We ended up getting 2 photo packages, one with the girls and one with PJ and me. I like how they are included with your meal.

After they meet with Cinderella you are told to wait until your name is called to be seated to your table. We waited about 10 minutes for this and had a good time talking with the other couples around us. I forgot to mention PJ got all dressed up for this event as well

I thought he looked pretty dang sexy if I do say so myself lol. Our name was called and we were taken up the stairs to our table. It really is a beautiful setting. Our server was a bit odd but nice enough. He took our orders, brought out the wands for all 3 kids (I asked for a wand for PJ since we didn't want a sword) and the wishing stars for the girls as well. Since PJ was so starving we had a plate of noodles brought out right away for him which was nice. He really went to town with these!

Soon thereafter our appetizers were brought out as well. It was a plate to share that had mozzarella, prosciutto I believe, grape tomatoes and little pieces of toast. It also had some sort of spread...it was salty. Not really sure what it was though lol. The dish was much to be desired IMO.

The kids meals all came out together. IDK why they didn't separate the appetizers from the meals here. This meant that we were eating before the kids were which didn't fly well with my kids. Anyway, I'm pretty sure everything is pre plated here and is hardly made to order because our Entrees were out within no time DH ordered the Domo's Pie and I had the braised Cobia over angel hair.

While good enough, DH complained that is was excessively salty and after i tried it I had to agree. The salt level was waaaay too much. He ate his dish and it did have a comfort feel to it but they just killed it with that sodium He said he would not get this again. I don't blame him lol.

Mine, on the other hand, was surprisingly good! It was cooked nicely, the fish was not smelly or fishy tasting, it flaked apart,the flavors worked and guess what? PJ ate pretty much my entire fish portion! I'm assuming he approved too. I liked the black olives in this dish too, the sauce was not heavy or overwhelming either. I would order this again.

Lily ordered the kids steak, potatoes, corn and salad. Vi had the chicken nugs, corn and grapes and cheese cubes. The salad and cheese/grapes were supposed to be appetizers...

Her "steak" was more like a roast cut, though she didn't complain. Everything was edible. Not much more to say about their food at this point. They were hungry and they ate.

They made their wishes with their wands and wishing star. The princesses came around and made their rounds during our meal as well.

the wishing ceremony

Our desserts were brought out some time in between our Entrees being literally ripped away from our tables and the princesses. I when I say ripped away I literally mean, taken away without even asking if you would like to finish the other half of the food that was left on your plate. Vis meal was taken away without even asking her if she was finished! I was asked while this dude was grabbing my plate with his arm in my face ... Surrrre, go ahead and take it if you need it that bad! I was pretty perturbed about that part to tell you the truth. It didn't ruin our experience or anything but the way they turn tables there is ridiculous IMO.

To be honest I can't even remember the dessert. It was not good..just blah and I didn't even eat it. I was hoping to eat light this afternoon because I was anticipating Ohanas later and I got my wish with CRTs food! DH ordered some sort of cheesecake that tasted better than mine but resembled jello out of the box cheesecake to me. I'm pretty sure he didn't finish his. The kids desserts were better here. Vi had the make your own cupcake and Lily had the make your own sundae. The cupcake was VERY good when I tasted it. The frosting was fresh and the cake was moist.

Overall we had a good meal here...when I return we will try Breakfast or Dinner next time. Lunch just can't compare to some of the other 1 TS meals out there, let alone touch the 2 TS signatures! No, you don't go for the food and this I understand. I just didn't think the character interaction was that great here either. I hate to say it but eating in the castle seemed more important to me than my girls. And PJ, well...he only came for the foodz hehe. Food, service = 5 on the pain scale. A BTDT situation. Of course the place itself is a 1 since its THE CASTLE. Just not in a hurry to get back, though I'm sure we will be going come February since we plan on doing the DxDP again.

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-17-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #100
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Ugghh that cupcake is killing me! I need one like right now... (look at me commenting my own reviews LOL).

Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #101
Singledad
DIS Veteran

i do CRT for breakfast. Yes it is pre-plated, but you can special order if you need/want to. (exp: no meat, no onions, whatever you need). Sad that you had such a bad/rushed experience. Total contrast to mine, and I personally would have sent the overly salted meal back. they had NO issues when I balked at seeing onions in mine.

Oh, and 'us old people' can do BBB to, there is not max age! you just can't wear the costumes.

the kids all look great!

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #102
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Ohanas 3/30 better than ever!!!

And to think I was even contemplating cancelling this from all of the negative reviews lately! Soooo glad I kept it We enjoyed our visit here in 2009 but this time was even better.

We hopped the monorail from MK over to the Poly and had a little bit of time to kill so we freshened up, got the kids changed into their dresses, walked through their stores there, etc. Our ADR was for 9:10 and we checked in around 8:45. We were seated a LOT faster this time which was odd to me since our ADR in 09 was right for opening and we waited much longer then.

We were all happy going in but I was have a bit of a panic attack for whatever reason. We were seated right next to the window and I knew this was going to be perfect for Wishes that was due to start @ 10 this evening Our waiter was very nice and had welcomed us back to Ohanas, explained how everything works and such and took our drink orders. Since I was feeling edgy I took the plunge and ordered the Lapu Lapu! I felt I needed a drink and have ALWAYS wanted to order one of these! The kids were brought out strawberry daiquiris (non alcoholic of course!) and this was included on the DxDP which was just the greatest thing to them DH ordered a nada colada haha, he doesn't drink at all.

Internal view of the Lapu Lapu!

It tasted strong and I did get a bit of a buzz (which was MORE than welcomed that evening!) but it must not have been too strong because I am a total lightweight when it comes to drinking (I don't drink much at all) and I didn't feel it later into the meal. Good though and if you have always wanted to order it then DO it! It looks cool and ppl will think you are cool with this drink in your hands

We were also given several of these beauties!! Warm, fresh and soft, sweet and ohhh sooo addictive! To me it tasted better this time as opposed to our last visit

The butter to go with it!

I normally don't do butter but here I did put a little bit on the bread and its just a match made in Heaven!

Before I knew it this was placed on my table...and uhhh ohhh, it was only PJ and I as DH was off to watch the girls do their coconut races and hula lessons!

Ohhhh how I love this salad! The greens, the light dressing that covers them...very simple but just done perfectly! I was truly enjoying myself now and feeling much more at ease. Very happy

Look what sissy brought him back...Even PJ LOVES Ohana!

My kids were really enjoying themselves and so were we. This is why I love Ohanas, it makes our whole family happy and content! The kids were ready to dig upon arriving back to the table. Just in time we had even MORE food placed upon our table!

The wonderful pot stickers, wings and dipping sauces!! Noodles and veggie mix! It was all steaming hot and fresh.

The pot stickers had a nice crunch to them and the sauce on top just makes them that much better! So full of flavor, these are one of my favorites! DH and Lily raved over the wings. I don't do bones but these did look delicious! Sticky and messy though. The noodles were very good this time as well. I'm not sure if ours were just icky last time but this visit they were fantastic! They were chewy, starchy and just everything a lomein noodle should be. They were not greasy or sticky. Hot, fresh and YUMMY! Of course, the poor veggies...they always get overlooked but I LOVE them here as well! Fresh and prepared nicely, not soggy at all.

Continued on next post!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #103
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Ohana continued...

Then out came the meats!! Chicken, Pork, Steak and Shrimp!! The chicken was new to us as before it was turkey which I did NOT care for. Ohhhh they made a GREAT choice to add chicken! It was juicy, tender and full of grilled flavor!! Again, I don't do pork but it too was "very good" according to DH and Lily. The steak was perfect this time...cooked medium well I'd say which to me is perfection. NO fat, NO gristle just a nice cut of sirloin I believe which is one of my favs It was juicy and steaming hot with a nice flavor to it as well. The Shrimp came last and were just as good as the meats! EVERYTHING was just wonderful! We were having a fabulous meal and enjoying every minute of it for sure.

I knew to save room for Dessert and before it started I had my fantasy dessert placed upon our table! Right after the lights dimmed and the music was piped in and Wishes started...

She really is beautiful, isn't she? Ohhhhh MY...yep, this is the stuff dreams are made of. The ice cream is just like silk on top of the soft, warm, mushy bread pudding. Then to go and add the caramel sauce with banana.....ohhh it just puts this over the TOP! Remember those old Herbal Essence commercials, an "organic" experience...yep, this is right up there with that, NO JOKE. I ate WAY too much but it was more than worth it, period.

They also bought out a plate of their Ice Cream for the kids with sprinkles on top. Vi enjoyed this

We enjoyed all of this with a great view of wishes! How couldn't it be a perfect evening?! We never felt rushed to leave and just sat back and really relaxed there. The baby fell asleep and the kids were having a wonderful time as well. We were mingling with a group of business people from CA at the table next to us... I really hated to see this evening come to an end Sadly it had to.

I will be going to Ohanas most likely on every WDW trip from here on through. It is a must do for our family as everyone loves it here. The food, the service, the atmosphere, EVERYTHING was on point this visit. IMO its a GREAT meal and a wonderful value if you are or are not on the DDP. It really left me yearning for another Ohana meal towards the end of the week. I'd do anything right now to have this meal all over again tonight

If you are considering cancelling, DON'T DO IT! This was one of our best meals of the trip:cool2

Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #104
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singledad View Post
i do CRT for breakfast. Yes it is pre-plated, but you can special order if you need/want to. (exp: no meat, no onions, whatever you need). Sad that you had such a bad/rushed experience. Total contrast to mine, and I personally would have sent the overly salted meal back. they had NO issues when I balked at seeing onions in mine.

Oh, and 'us old people' can do BBB to, there is not max age! you just can't wear the costumes.

the kids all look great!
DH doesn't send things back unless I make him or if its reaaaaaly inedible lol. Maybe it was a fluke because I know that dish in particular seems to have pretty decent reviews

We still had a good time there and would go again, just not for Lunch. Good to hear you can special order if needed. That would be a way to ensure freshness which is a good idea for sure!

Wooo Hooo about BBB I'm totally getting it done next visit! Thanks for the heads up!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #105
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

welcome back! I'm glad you didn't cancel Narcoossee's. Your DS' outfit with the tie at CRT is absolutely adorable. Looking forward to the rest of the reviews.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: