Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #76
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
Can you tell me how this worked? We also have an 8AM ADR for a day the park opens at 9. Ds3 will love seeing the characters, but TSM is very important to other sons. We really need to be ready to go when the park opens. Were you behind all the main gate people? In front, etc? Thanks
a tip I read... on my June board I think... was at character buffet meals to ask for your check when you place your drink order. That way when you're done with all the characters, you're good to go. You don't have to wait around to pay your bill after all the characters have come and gone

I've seen pictures of that Butterfinger cupcake before. Starring Rolls is *definitely* on my to do list for DHS!
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #77
buzzmom3
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! I loved the Red Velvet cupcake too! Can't wait to hear about your lunch at CRT, we booked for my daughter in September.
Our DD Paige

buzzmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #78
Jeanieblue114
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the review so far...and your precious munchkins.

Subscribed!

oh, and I just found out the other day that the same cupcakes are available at Disney Quest. At least I saw the red velvet and the butterfinger (had the butterfinger of course..but i push off the white frosting part).
2003 Disney's Hilton Head Resort
2004 Disneyworld Good Neighbor Hotel
2004 Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel
2005-2008 Disneyworld Good Neighbor Hotel Annually
July 2009 3 Nights Disney Good Neighbor
Sept-Oct 2009 5 Nights Disney's Old Key West
Feb-March 2010 Disney's Hilton Head Resort +1 month off-property
July Weekend off-property
September 2010 Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo
December 2010 Disney's Old Key West Villas
Jeanieblue114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #79
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

subbing! I have a 14 month old who LOVES Disney Jr....guess we'll have to check out Hollywood and Vine next time We did the Playhouse Disney Live when he was 10 months and he went nuts for the puppets and music. Do they just have Little Einsteins and Oso and H&V???

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #80
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Thanks for your cupcake reviews! Btw, you have a beautiful family! All of you are just gorgeous!
Thanks... I have my hands full but I love being a Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom3 View Post
Great reviews! I loved the Red Velvet cupcake too! Can't wait to hear about your lunch at CRT, we booked for my daughter in September.
I'll try and get this posted tonight! I've been so busy with planning PJs bday party and ordering his cake. Which of course is a Special Agent OSO cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanieblue114 View Post
Enjoying the review so far...and your precious munchkins.

Subscribed!

oh, and I just found out the other day that the same cupcakes are available at Disney Quest. At least I saw the red velvet and the butterfinger (had the butterfinger of course..but i push off the white frosting part).

Thanks! We've always wanted to do DQ but just never seem to have enough time to do it when visiting That butterfinger is SO rich and that frosting is so sweet but I still find myself craving it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
subbing! I have a 14 month old who LOVES Disney Jr....guess we'll have to check out Hollywood and Vine next time We did the Playhouse Disney Live when he was 10 months and he went nuts for the puppets and music. Do they just have Little Einsteins and Oso and H&V???

Its June and Leo from Little Einsteins, OSO and Handy Manny...but it sure was a fun way to start our morning! The food was good too which helped

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #81
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

God bless you and your BEAUTIFUL cupcake pics!!! I cannot WAIT to try them in July and August!!!! That red velvet one is calling my name!!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #82
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

great reviews and I AM SOOOOOOO READY to go too..
Thanks for taking the photos and also taking the time to do this.
I will be back to read some more and sigh over the photos.

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #83
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Brown Derby early dinner!

We arrived about 15 minutes early for our ADR. I requested a booth seat and was told that would be no problem. The ladies at the front were SO nice Within 5 minutes we were seated at what was an ideal location for me, a corner booth!

I really love this restaurant. The look of it, how classic it seems to be...the dimness of it...it almost is a bit serene compared to other places to eat at. I can't lie, I know BD gets slammed sometimes so I didn't have my hopes up to high when it came to expecting a great meal. Once again, I'm glad I was wrong with my pessimism

Our waiter was Keith and he was VERY professional but friendly and interactive with the kids which I appreciated. He took our order since we had already known what we were going to get and then promptly brought us our drinks and warm, fresh rolls and butter. These were good and fresh. My iced tea was nice as well. The girls wanted a glow drink so I went ahead and let them. It was only an extra $4.75 and they just thought they were allll that with their glow cubes lol. Of course PJ was eyeballing the girls goods so Keith came by again and dropped off an extra for him which hello, scored BIG points to this mamma! I loved Keith at this point, let me tell ya lol. Anyway...the food/drinks

The pic of the salad tosser spoons I just had to take...the first thought was that they totally looked like forceps used in the L and D unit lol, they were HUGE! My second thought was that I'm glad I had c-sections....Sorry, random but funny nonetheless!

Before I knew it this guy came by with my cobb salad and asked if I'd like for him to toss it and I said sure. It was neat to watch. Now this salad sure was unique! I really enjoyed it. It was not mushy at all but it was very finely chopped so you aren't going to get that big crisp lettuce that most ppl are used to when ordering salads. It has many different textures between the lettuce, cheese, bacon, etc...It was for sure a nice way to start my meal and I wouldn't hesitate ordering it again as I enjoyed it and my DD did as well.

The kids went with the veggie appetizer and the chicken soup. Both said they were good!

And of course DH's crab cake. He really raved about this one guys. I thought it was kinda dark and it did NOT compare to the one I had at Narcoossees IMO but yes, it was good and had a LOT of crab meat as well. I just don't care for how heavy this one felt to me. DH also mentions the sauce and slaw underneath. He said it was "very good". He would order this again .

Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #84
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Brown Derby early dinner!

We were really having a nice meal...the kids were all content and before we knew it out came our Entrees! I went with the Filet and DH had the Sterling Silver pork chop. I dug right into mine, honestly not expecting too much and WOW! It was soooo yummy! It melted in my mouth, didn't need a knife and was full of flavor! Oh it was so good The potatoes were perfect as well, creamy but not filled with a bunch of junk or other flavors...I don't remember much about the sauce because I was totally in heaven with that filet that day lol. It really was cooked to perfection and it was the second best filet I had during my visit in the World this time. Just perfect!

DH ordered the chop as I mentioned and he is still raving about it to this day. The apricot they put on top combined with the cheese and flavor of the chop all came together perfectly with this dish. I'm not a fan of pork but the dish was very good. He (not surprisingly) ate every last bite and enjoyed it.

Vi ordered the kids grilled cheese and it was a lovely sandwich for her. She had dug in before I could take a picture but it is a full sandwich that is served with green apple slices. She went to town on this one and said it was YUMMY!

Lily opted for the kids grilled chicken with potato wedges and veggies. I tasted the chicken and it had a nice grilled flavor, very fresh and a nice healthy dish for a child at any age. I think she had BBQ with her chicken and she ate a good portion of her meal.

PJ had some of mamas and really enjoyed the filet as well

I really wanted to keep eating my entree but I knew dessert was coming soon so I had to stop. For dessert I ordered the banana white chocolate toffee tower. It was really presented nice.

To be honest I really don't remember much about it though. I remember it being good and having a nice combination of flavors and textures but aghh...can't recall anything mind blowingly special about it It was good though and wouldn't disappoint but can't come close to some of the other desserts I ate while on vacation there.

DH had the granny smith apple cheesecake...

He loves granny smith apples and cheesecake so this was right up his alley. I tasted it and preferred mine but he enjoyed his. He really liked the sauce they put over the cheesecake and ate every last bite.

The kids both got the hidden treasures dessert and thought it was cool. All I remember Vi eating was the worm and cookie lol but it was a cute kids dessert and mine had fun with it

Overall our meal at Brown Derby was wonderful...one of the best of our trip. We would for sure go there again, the cobb salad was HUGE and totally splittable and the filet was just fantastic. The servers and waitstaff were all friendly and helpful. On our way out I had forgotten PJs bottle and I was just getting ready to send DH back in for it when Keith came running out to give it back to us. He was awesome! I'd have to rate this a 1 because everything was just perfect from start to finish. I can't believe BD gets so many negative reviews because we sure had a great time there and will most definitely be going back !

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-12-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: adding meals and dessert
Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #85
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Snacks before Fantasmic and Late night munchies from POP!

Before Fantasmic started I knew I should probably get some goodies for us to snack on. I had been dying for the triple chocolate brownie from the Villains store and I ended up getting Lily the carrot cake cookie and Vi a Nemo cookie.

As usual the brownie was chocolatey, fresh and full of chewy, chunky goodness!

The carrot cake thing was really odd. It stuck to the sides of the paper and was really messy. I would not get this again. For us there was just nothing special about it, though Lily ate most of it.

Vis nemo cookie was ate at a later date and time and was a typically good frosted sugar cookie.

Fantasmic was wonderful, as usual. We really fought the masses of people when trying to get out of DHS that night. It was awful.

We were all kind of hungry after swimming a bit in the pool. We decided to split a couple of chicken tender meals from POP and since they were getting ready to close EVERYTHING was hot and fresh! I'm not a chicken nugget kinda girl but these were really good! The breading had a nice flavor and they didn't taste greasy at all. The fries were excellent as well. Nice and salty...wish I had some right now actually. Dang my love for carbs!

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-16-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Adding pics taken from my phone ;)
Old 04-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #86
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Wow-- that steak looks fantastic! I'm glad you all enjoyed your meals!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #87
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

just catching up....wonderful updates. Our son loves H&V (food, character interaction and song/dance). We were in DxDDp and actually we had breakfast at H&V (and our son loved is so much he asked if we can go back for lunch we did and the food was not good and the character interaction was not as great as breakfast). We had Brown Derby for dinner and I loved the Cobb Salad.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #88
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Ooh great review of HBD
We are going to be eating there in October and I haven't seen too many great reviews but I wanted to try it anyway
Your review has made me glad I have an ADR!
DH would love the steak
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #89
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Wow-- that steak looks fantastic! I'm glad you all enjoyed your meals!
Ohhh it was totally fantastic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
just catching up....wonderful updates. Our son loves H&V (food, character interaction and song/dance). We were in DxDDp and actually we had breakfast at H&V (and our son loved is so much he asked if we can go back for lunch we did and the food was not good and the character interaction was not as great as breakfast). We had Brown Derby for dinner and I loved the Cobb Salad.
Yea, I have heard that about the BF being best @ H&V. I'll for sure go back again but next time I think we are going to try cape may as I hear that is supposed to be good as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Ooh great review of HBD
We are going to be eating there in October and I haven't seen too many great reviews but I wanted to try it anyway
Your review has made me glad I have an ADR!
DH would love the steak

I'm telling you it was a perfect meal, honestly! And the service was totally that of what a "signature" should be. Can't wait to go back!

Old 04-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #90
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Sorry guys!

I've totally been slacking on my reviews! I apologize for this...been totally busy with planning my Son's big #1 and preparing for Easter which is the day after it

I also spent the past 3 days baking and frosting cakes with a friend for her 2 little ones bdays as well which was umm...interesting to say the least with a almost 4 year old, almost 3 year old and two (almost) 12 month olds!

I promise I will get at least 4 more reviews up within the close of the weekend! Next up is CRT and Ohanas! I will leave you stating that Ohanas was BETTER than flipping ever!!!! (excuse my French hehe)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: