Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #61
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Oh that mahi is exactly what I would order! It looks so good!glad to hear it tastes as good as it looks! I thought about switching one here on our next trip but it would have to cancel dh's only request.
Pj is a doll!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #62
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Great reviews so far. The snacks on the plane looked really yummy.

I haven't eaten at Narcoossees but it is in on my list to eat there next time. Your girls and PJ are so cute!!

Can't want to read more! And to see more pics!

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 AM   #63
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just caught up with your reviews and they are great

I thought that your food at POP looked really good

We have an ADR for Narcoossees in just over a month and I am now really excited

Can you get the Lobster on the DDP? If so I would love to get it
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 AM   #64
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post

I'll have to update on the cost but I know this bill came to over $200 when all was said and done. I kept all of my receipts and plan on posting cost once I find which bag they are in
what do you mean by 'when all was said and done'? is that tip + things not covered by the Dxdp, or is that without the dxdp price?

I have the DxDP this time around I am still not sure on some people's trip reports if they are telling me the value of the meal before applying the dining plan, or if tips + extras really add up to that much.

(also, your first posting, the link for the airplane snack doesn't link to the right post, it links to the pop stuff. and I would suggest adding a link to your pain scale rating post too. )

thanks for sharing with us!

I can't wait to hear what you do with all your snack credits too! (if you are including them)

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #65
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
I just love that chunky little arm on the dessert menu!! Great review of Narcoossee's. I appreciate it as we'll be there in a few weeks. When there did you feel like you had to be dressed up?
I was glad I was dressed up I guess but there were plenty of people who were dressed much more casually than us

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebean View Post
Everything looks so good and gotta love the chubby baby legs!
lol I know right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
Oh that mahi is exactly what I would order! It looks so good!glad to hear it tastes as good as it looks! I thought about switching one here on our next trip but it would have to cancel dh's only request.
Pj is a doll!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
Great reviews so far. The snacks on the plane looked really yummy.

I haven't eaten at Narcoossees but it is in on my list to eat there next time. Your girls and PJ are so cute!!

Can't want to read more! And to see more pics!
Thanks! Your little guy is adorable !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Just caught up with your reviews and they are great

I thought that your food at POP looked really good

We have an ADR for Narcoossees in just over a month and I am now really excited

Can you get the Lobster on the DDP? If so I would love to get it
You sure can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singledad View Post
what do you mean by 'when all was said and done'? is that tip + things not covered by the Dxdp, or is that without the dxdp price?

I have the DxDP this time around I am still not sure on some people's trip reports if they are telling me the value of the meal before applying the dining plan, or if tips + extras really add up to that much.

(also, your first posting, the link for the airplane snack doesn't link to the right post, it links to the pop stuff. and I would suggest adding a link to your pain scale rating post too. )

thanks for sharing with us!

I can't wait to hear what you do with all your snack credits too! (if you are including them)
The bill itself minus the tip....nothing we ordered that night wasnt covered by the plan.

I have to find my bills once I get the chance to Overall we found the DxDP to be a good value for us but it is a TON of food, esp. for someone who isn't used to eating all that much (myself!). Thanks for the info on the links...I'm just now learning how to add them ...I'm not exactly sure how to add the link to the exact post? I think it's just added to the page at the moment. I'll go ahead and add my rating scale to its own link as well, thats a good idea since it is kind of different lol. Oh my goodness on the snack credits...we really didn't have a problem spending those with the 3 kids at all!

Thanks for reading along everyone! Next up is Hollywood n Vine Breakfast, tons of snacks (including starring rolls cupcakes!) and Brown Derby Dinner as well as a late night meal from POP

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #66
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Oh and I just hopped on the scale for the first time since we left for Disney and IDK how but I have gained ZERO pounds lol. Must have something to do with lugging PJ around and pushing that double stroller

Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #67
msmith1026
A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.

Your Narcoossee review sealed it for me, that is where we'll be going for our anniversary dinner as well!

Love the reviews and pictures--your family is adorable!

Quote:
Oh and I just hopped on the scale for the first time since we left for Disney and IDK how but I have gained ZERO pounds lol. Must have something to do with lugging PJ around and pushing that double stroller
That's awesome
Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #68
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

3/29 Reviews

This morning we had a 8am ADR for Hollywood and Vine. I knew going in here that this place seems to get slammed a LOT so my hopes were not high at all for the breakfast here but you know what? I was very happily surprised with the service, food, etc...

We booked for one reason and one reason only though. So Big bubbaz could meet Special Agent OSO! He LOVES OSO so I knew he'd get a kick out of it.

Upon arrival we checked into our own special line, was asked what time our ADR was and then let into the park. It was totally empty pretty much and I thought it was neat to have DHS be that quiet.

We pretty much walked right into H&V and were seated right away. I loved the feel of this place for some reason. Very kid friendly and just seemed like a happy place. It wasn't really loud in here at all either when we went. The characters were out and about, they did dances with the kids and played the Disney Jr. music. My kids were loving it. Our waitress was such a sweetheart! She brought us drinks promptly and explained how things worked and told us to go ahead and grab some food so we did. I was HUNGRY and so were the kids. I had been DYING for a mickey waffle for SO long.

I went up to the buffet in slight fear lol. However EVERYTHING I came across was piping hot and fresh.

Our plates...(Thick and fluffy Mickey waffles, warm maple syrup, eggs, grapes, quiche, sausage, bacon, biscuits, pastries, tater tots, mini muffins, etc...lots of BF items to choose from though my fav was the mickey waffles and chocolate muffin!)

And even a little anniversary surprise!

These were soooo GOOD! The strawberries were fresh and juicy and the coating of chocolate that covered them was nice, sweet and melted in your mouth The kids fought over these and I could see why...they were that YUMMY! I thought it was SO nice of them to give us this treat. Only one other place actually gave us a little freebie during our visit so this was surely a nice gesture!

The characters...

The characters took their time and interacted well with my kids. The food was nice and fresh, though nothing fancy...I'm just fine with some mickey waffles in the morning though Would I go here again? For sure! I'd rate this a 2 on the scale. Everything was very good from the service to the atmosphere to the food. It also gave us a head start on TSM which was a big plus! No complaints for H & V breakfast here

Old 04-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #69
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

Quote:
Everything was very good from the service to the atmosphere to the food. It also gave us a head start on TSM which was a big plus! No complaints for H & V breakfast here
Can you tell me how this worked? We also have an 8AM ADR for a day the park opens at 9. Ds3 will love seeing the characters, but TSM is very important to other sons. We really need to be ready to go when the park opens. Were you behind all the main gate people? In front, etc? Thanks

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #70
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Some snacks from HS before our Dinner

I had to grab these as soon as I smelled them...

Always a hit with me and unfortunately the rest of my fam as well!

Warm, full of flavor, and a real pick ya up if you are feeling low on energy. I never realized it was a combo of peanuts AND Almonds until I read the description (I didn't taste the peanuts?). A great snack option

I knew I had to hit Starring Rolls for those cupcakes too! So as the day pressed on and as soon as the kids started complaining that they were wanting a snack I knew right where to go!

I think the lady thought I was a crazy person when I asked to order 4 of these monsters! They really are HUGE in real life Heavy and HUGE!

Here are the beauties

lower left we have the chocolate peanut butter, top left is the red velvet, bottom right is of course the butterfinger and the top right is the marble.

Internal views because I am a good dis'er...

Before I review these cupcakes I need to inform you all that I am lucky to have a gourmet cupcake shoppe close to home. They bake everything from scratch every day and only use the highest quality ingredients. I have tasted heaven in cupcake form many many times lol. I like to think I know a thing or two when it comes to baked goods and do find myself fussy with them.

Now, with that being said I found the Marble one to be mehhh. It was lacking any real flavor to tell you the truth. Sure, it looked fantastic but it didn't taste that way. The white frosting is more whipped in taste and texture with a dollop of firmer chocolate fudgey type of frosting in the center. Yellow and chocolate cake with mickey sprinkles and chocolate nibs surrounding the base of the top. It wasn't my favorite OR the kids's either. We won't be getting this one again. Out of the 4 it was our least fav.

Moving on I'll go to the PB chocolate one. I didn't really pick up on the PB flavor here much. You could tell it was used in the cupcake but it didn't really have that clear taste of PB. While the chocolate was good it just tasted like too much of the same thing. For some reason it kinda reminded me of the liquid mix used for no bake cookies . We didn't really care for this one either. LOVED the looks of it though! Won't be getting it again...ranked #3 out of the 4.

Next up the Butterfinger. Ok, this was a winner! If only our shoppe could replicate this...I must put my demands in because I'm craving one badly now that we are back home lol. It was SO rich though. The frosting was thick and heavy buttercream. It was the thickness that one would want to use for piping onto a cake to decorate but more creamy and a bit airy. It was YUM. Butterfinger bits surround the mountain that is the top of this cupcake which just adds to the greatness of it Have I mentioned how rich this is? Seriously...two bites was enough for me. The cake was good and moist and it also sported the dollop of fudge like matter in the center. We liked this one and would get it again...ranked it #2 out of the 4.

Last but not least is the Red Velvet. This was perfect. Period. I love it! Thick Cream cheese frosting with moist red velvet cake. Chocolate drizzle on the massive amount of frosting on top with a crumb of some sorts surrounding around the side. DH and the kids agreed, this was the best out of the 4. We will for sure be getting it again.

Quick note...most people would never be able to finish one of these cupcakes FYI. They are TOTALLY splitable between 2-4 people I'd say. They are like the size of a mini cake and VERY sweet.

I really enjoyed finally getting to try these from starring rolls though! Great option for a snack credit here as well

Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #71
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
Can you tell me how this worked? We also have an 8AM ADR for a day the park opens at 9. Ds3 will love seeing the characters, but TSM is very important to other sons. We really need to be ready to go when the park opens. Were you behind all the main gate people? In front, etc? Thanks
We grabbed fast passes as soon as we were done with BF. We were out right at 9 (but we took our time @ bf as well) and were kind of mixed in with the first crowds. I know the FP machines aren't up and running till park opening though so my advice would be to either send one of your family members to grab your fast passes if you are running behind or just make sure you are out of H & V about 8:50. You can also ask your waitress to pay for your meal ahead of time so that you guys can just grab your food and roll out after you are done.

I was very happy that we did the early morning ADR here. I don't think you will be disappointed! GL!

Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #72
DiggleBelle
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your reviews and pictures. Looks like your family had a great time. Thanks for sharing it with us!
DiggleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #73
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggleBelle View Post
Enjoying your reviews and pictures. Looks like your family had a great time. Thanks for sharing it with us!
We did have a great time...In fact, the girls have requested no toys for Christmas and just a return trip instead. Looks like we are going back in November now

Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #74
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a good experience at Hollywood and Vine. I wanted to go but all the bad reviews scared me off. I will definitely check it out now though.

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #75
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your cupcake reviews! Btw, you have a beautiful family! All of you are just gorgeous!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: