Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #46
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

I'm so looking forward to your reviews!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #47
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

I'm in! Can't wait to read
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #48
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read your reviews!! Have a great trip!
PS...I have a Violet of my own
Old 04-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read your reviews!! Have a great trip!
PS...I have a Violet of my own
Old 04-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #50
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Ok, we are back and ready to add some dining reviews!!!

dum dum dum...We had pretty much a fantastic time and really enjoyed the DxDP!!! I have to say that our little PJ might have been the one who enjoyed it the most lol. He ate like a little tank

Up first is Pop Century food court and Narcoossee's! I'll get right on that guys

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #51
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Delta goodies

So our trip was officially off to a great start...but just one problem! NONE of us had eaten breakfast The baby was starting to get grumpy and unsure of what to bring with me as far as liquids go I had an empty bottle. Lovely right? Anyhow, we got us some free cookies, pretzels and peanuts from Delta and then I splurged and bought this little goodie box since the kids were acting like I had starved them in anticipation of the DxDP hehe.

Heres the freebies...

Those cookies were actually pretty dang good lol. Almost like a ginger taste and really fresh but crumbly...I really wished I had some milk to dip them in at that time.

And here is the little goodie box that cost me $5.00 for us.

And inside we had all these yummies

Salami, cheese spread, wafer crackers, Pep. Farm cheddar crackers (these were sooo thin and crispy with real cheese on the tops and I hate to say it but I liked them!), a dried fruit mix (also yummy!) and some mints and chocolate (which my girls fought over). It did the job and held us over till lunch, which we had planned for lunch this afternoon after our morning flight. I'd rate this snack a 3 on the pain scale of food. It was fresh, good and easily accessible but ya know, come on...it's a boxed snack on an airplane

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-06-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #52
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

POP Lunch!

After a quick and easy check in at POP we were HUNGRY. This day was the start of a new love affair for me with one particular food item served here. The veggie calzone! OMG, me's loves it!

So, obviously I had the veggie calzone, served with a salad tossed in a light Italian (I believe) dressing and a cup of marinara sauce for dipping. I also ended up getting DH the same meal and he said it was good as well. It was a nice little pouch of veggie and cheese goodness. Not one drop of grease on this calzone! I think its safe to say that I LOVE Pop Century's veggie calzones OK lol.

OUR DRINKS AND ENTREES

INTERNAL VIEW of my beloved calzone

For our Dessert...come on! Are ya kidding me?

I was pleasantly surprised with this cheesecake. I am VERY picky with my cakes and cupcakes and thought for months that this would most likely taste awful with all of the dye used to create this awesome piece of cake but it was yummy. I really love the uniqueness of the red velvet used at the bottom as well, it was a nice textural difference. It was moist and fresh and I am actually craving a piece right now! Good thing I stashed away 3 pieces in my luggage

DD#1 had the cheese pizza (which they ended up giving her an adult one because there were no kids ones up and she gladly took it). Yummy, chewy, doughy fresh Disney pizza...it can't get any better than that for a 9 year old lol.

DD#2 demanded noodles so mac n cheese it was for her and she was just fine with that. It's kind of like Stouffers or KFC quality which is fine with us.

We ended up giving the kids the Sundae as it was GINORMOUS and really well made. 2 scoops of ice cream topped over a brownie with whipped cream and a cherry on top with your choice of toppingsI think its awesome that you can get this for a dessert option on the DDP. Good, sweet, chocolatey bit of heaven for 2 little girls right?

Overall we really enjoyed our meal at POP. The food was hot, fresh and it was easy to access as well. All of the crowds that I hear about when it comes to POPs food court I just didn't run into at all. Plenty of space and open tables and helpful service. As far as counter service goes I rate this meal a 1.5 on the scale. It was a nice CS meal for us, probably one of our best on this trip

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-07-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #53
RachaelRol
DIS Veteran

I am in!
RachaelRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #54
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

I have to say that airplane snack box is a great idea. Brownies with ice-cream whipped-cream and a cherry thats my idea of a little bit of heaven
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #55
tyandskyesmom
DIS Veteran

cannot wait to hear and see more!
tyandskyesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #56
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I LOVE those Delta cookies-- they're awesome! My favorite part of flying, lol. Mmm, that veggie calzone does look delicious! Looking forward to more!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #57
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Narcoossee's dinner 3/28

So after much deliberating I decided to go ahead and keep our Narcoossee's ADR. After a WONDERFUL meal there let me just say that I am SO glad I did. The weather wasn't really cooperating this evening but what the heck, we got dressed up and headed out to MK in our rain ponchos

Yep, I walked all the way to Narcoossee's in heels in the pouring rain while lugging around a 20 pound 11 month old as well LOL. I'm officially nuts, right? Ohhh but it was SO worth it guys!

Upon entering I checked in about 10 minutes prior to our ADR. The guy at the podium was really friendly and handed us our buzzer and I took the girls into the bathroom to get out of our ponchos and to freshen up. The waiting area was nice (though small).

Before we knew it our buzzer was buzzing and we were directed to our table. The table was decked out in Mickey confetti and a special menu was handed to us as well! This was our view

and our table

The menu...

And of course the bread

Ok, I admit it. I LOVE CARBS. It was SOOO very hard to not fill up on bread but I knew I must not cave into my hearts desires to eat too much of this. It was warm, fresh, flaky and just a nice start to our meal. I'm not a butter eater but DH really enjoyed it on his bread as did the kids (they all like butter). And my Vi...well, for her salt + butter= bliss She devoured a good amount of the loaf that evening.

The girls had Shirley temples with mickey straws and I had a Raspberry smoothie. DH ordered a Coke which is typical of him. My smoothie was good though...( you can see the kids drink in background)

After months of looking over the menu we pretty much knew what we were going to order so we were ready to roll once asked. For Appetizers DH ordered the lobster rolls and I ordered the crab cake.

O.M.G. Okay. This was THE BEST crab cake I have ever put in my mouth. It was light and not greasy at all. So fresh with TONS of crab. Whatever they put with it on the plate was fabulous as well. I ate the entire thing, it was that GOOD. Lily even tried it and loved it as well.

DH really enjoyed his lobster rolls. They were hot and were filled with a good amount of lobster as well. Crispy and surprisingly not greasy at all. I have a thing with grease. I don't like it. These didn't have that problem. That being said, I still preferred my appy over DH's but he really raved about his too! We were both pleased.

The girls both ordered chicken soup and both enjoyed it. I tasted it and it was YUMMY! It had mickey mouse shaped noodles with big chunks of chicken and carrots and celery. Would be great on a cold, winter day up here in MI

Not long after our Dinners came out!

I ordered the crab crusted Mahi Mahi and DH had the lobster...

Poor Larry the lobster didn't stand a chance in DHs hands LOL. He so enjoyed this. Now, the only other Lobster we have eaten came from Red Lobster and both of us agreed it was repulsive there so this was just LOVELY for us. I tasted both the tail and claws and though each are different in texture and flavor I liked them both. Yes, the claw is much easier to eat and seems to have much more flavor but both were very good. The lobster was good sized and had a lot of meat to offer. DH really liked the sides that came with it as well. He kept talking about how good the noodle dish was so I tried it and he was right, it was pretty dang good. It was creamy which isn't my thang but it did taste good if you like that sort of thing. The asparagus was nice and tender, though much firmer than what I like to cook it at home but it was flavored nicely and DH ate it all.

Now onto my Mahi. Wow. I loved it, plain and simple! It was sooo nice and refreshing. Lightly coated and perfectly cooked and prepared with a nice presentation. The fish was SO FRESH and flaked apart while I ate it. The sauce has a lemon flavor to it which was really nice and made the whole dish just seem so light. YUMMY and didn't make me feel like a cow after eating it lol. I couldn't eat it all but I was just happy to be able to finally try this dish as I had been waiting months for this With that being said the potates under the fish were much to be desired though...the kids mashed were MUCH better and much more flavorful. these were pretty bland and dry which I don't understand?

Poor Vi had totally crashed by this point in our dinner so she never had a chance to try her dish. She ordered the kids grilled chicken and mashed potatoes w/ carrots. PJ decided to eat this and he made "mmm MMMM" sounds so he seemed to approve lol. The chicken was cooked well and the tatoes were good too. Heck, I'd order this with no complaints Lillian ordered the kids steak and potatoes and it was cooked perfectly. The steak was a better cut as well and she had no issue cutting it herself.

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-07-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #58
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

We were really enjoying our meal and looking forward to dessert but right before it came....

We loved this...it was such a nice start to our Disney trip! Got us in that Magical Disney mood for sure

So...right when this ended came our desserts! Of course being the Dis'er that I am I HAD to order the Almond crusted cheesecake DH ordered the Strawberry lemon tart...and it seemed as though someone else was ready for dessert as well lol (PJ).

IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM did these desserts disappoint, let me tell ya! Mine was AMAZING I'm not much of a cheesecake person but the cherry sauce and fresh cream that came with it helped make this lovely dessert. The different texture from the almond just add to the YUM factor of this. PJ ate most of my cherries which really depressed me because the tartness from this sauce really made this dessert for me...that and the whipped cream

I can't remember much about DH's but he ate it all and said it was very good. I'm not really sure if I tried it or not? lol.

Lillian ordered the make your own s'mores and was just giddy about this one! They use Hershey chocolate and toasted marshmallows. She really LOVED this dessert of course. Poor ViVi missed out on hers though. I ordered her a Nemo cupcake and it was MAMMOTH. I took a taste of it later and it was kind of odd tasting though. She never had a chance to try it I don't believe?? Oh well...next time perhaps. She sure would have loved it as it was LOADED with frosting and she is a total frosting girl

Sadly that wrapped up our fantastic meal @ Narcoossees! Our service, the atmosphere, the food...I have to rate it as a 1 because it was all just perfect that night for us. We will most certainly be going back without a doubt! I think we are going to make this our first night must do because you can't beat the water parade and fireworks and the great food as well.

I'll have to update on the cost but I know this bill came to over $200 when all was said and done. I kept all of my receipts and plan on posting cost once I find which bag they are in

Bottom line, I highly recommend going here for a nice evening and meal with your family or sweetie or by yourself! I LOVED everything about it here and will be returning very soon

I have to post the aftermath of my little piggies first dinner night in Disney though...I find this pic hilarious

Last edited by lilandvisma; 04-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #59
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

and it seemed as though someone else was ready for dessert as well lol (PJ).

I just love that chunky little arm on the dessert menu!! Great review of Narcoossee's. I appreciate it as we'll be there in a few weeks. When there did you feel like you had to be dressed up?
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #60
juliebean
Mouseketeer

Everything looks so good and gotta love the chubby baby legs!
juliebean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: