Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #16
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I am definitely in! Hope no one is too !
Oh my word, let me tell you that I hope not either lol. It's been a viscous cycle this year with all of us getting sick. Currently we have DD#1 w/ Strep throat, DD#2 with a UTI/Upper respiratory and little PJ dealing with possible asthma and getting over an ear infection ! Not to mention that I just finished off Zithromax myself. The clinic and Walgreens pharmacy knows me by name after this cold/flu season since we have seemed to become their #1 customer lol. I've already made a decision to keep the kids in a bubble until we leave for Disney

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Can't wait to hear all about it!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #18
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
This is going to be fun I am thinking of doing the DXDDP with my family but am wondering if to much time will be spent in restaurants,I look forward to hearing what you think.Also so glad you are going to take pictures especially the kids meals because I have a very picky eater and if things don't look like what he is use too he wont eat it
It took me a lot of time wondering whether or not we should do it and in the end I'm hoping I made the right decision. In our experiences counter service seems to take just as long as most TS meals(and sometimes longer IMO). I just didn't want to deal with the huge lines of CS people, having to grab a seat (or in some cases fight for them lol), make sure everyone has ketchup, utensils, etc...With 3 kids to wait on and a DH it makes meal time even more chaotic it seems.

Also, the DxDP gives the kids a chance to actually order some real food...which both of my girls will for sure appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonsmom View Post
This sounds like it is going to be fun
Let's hope so lol! Welcome

Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Welcome guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmp View Post
I am so in - cannot wait to read your reviews!!! Have a great time!
Thanks! I am beyond excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Can't wait!
Me either lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
Count me in.Like your rating system. I'm hoping you like O'hana dinner. I keep reading mixed reviews and not sure if I want to change to Kona. Really looking forward to the snack pics and reviews
We liked Ohana last time....I'm not into a lot of meat but I love the salad and pot stickers and of course the dessert FWIW I also loved Kona! I just wanted to try a lot of different things this time around and couldn't find a place to squeeze it in at I will totally be keeping you posted about Ohanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Can't wait to hear all about it!
I hope it plays out as great as it looks typed out

Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #20
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

What we are all looking forward to the most???

Not that you asked but I am going to tell

Personally I am really looking forward to 3 places the most (and in this order). Flying Fish, Jiko and Cali Grill. I'm still undecided on what to do with LeCellier I really don't want to spend 2 TS on dinner there BUT at the same time I don't want to have a icky meal with a bad cut of meat for lunch either. I feel if I don't go for Dinner then we won't be getting a good meal really. Suggestions anyone??? It's an open evening for us as we are just planning on heading to DTD then dinner then to Epcot for EMH???

Anyway, back to the original subject at hand. I am really going into the first two places with high expectations. I have been dreaming about the snapper @ FF and the crab cake...and the banana dessert Pretty sure @ Jiko I'll be getting the filet and the Tarzanian Chocolate, though undecided about what my appy will be. With California Grill I am totally going for the sushi, the spicy kazan roll in particular! And I LOVE BBQ on my steak so I'll probably get the filet here as well.

Yea, I'm one of those crazies who spends her spare time looking over the menus and trying to figure out in advance what to order. I like to tell DH its because I am trying to tally up the tips roughly before hand but at this point I'm not sure he is buying it Oh well, at least I'm not alone in my obsessions, right??

DH is probably just excited to be able to engorge himself. Ok, that was mean. Ummm...actually he is just happy to be getting the opportunity to eat different foods that are not available back home. I'm telling you, its the same ol' same ol' here when it comes to going out to eat. My kids love going out for nice dinners but we are pretty limited. Red Lobster which I have to rate as a 9 on the pain scale lol, Big Boy which is probably a 9.5, and so on and so on. I've gotten to the point in which nothing even sounds good here and I think we are all just dying to try some new, exciting (to us) food.

The girls are exciting about everything but for some reason are really looking forward to dining in France for whatever reason. Give me creme brulee and I will be content Lily is also talking about Ohana a lot and how much she can't wait to do the coconut races there.

They do not know they are going to BBB and they are totally unaware of our ADR for Cinderellas Royal Table. That was one secret I was able to keep, thankfully .

*sigh* the time has come for me to go back to the real world now. The laundry is calling my name...Ah well, in 11 days from now I will be flying out of Detroit Metro on my way to WDW!!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

looking forward to all the reviews

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #22
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

Yep! Twin girls - they're the light of my life

And while they sleep (like right now!) I spend my time reading every single thread here. It's really a problem. Doctor Phil would not be happy with my obsessive Disney tendencies lol

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!
disneydreaminA115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #23
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

I'm in! Sounds like you have a well-thought out plan. I am also undecided about LeCellier.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Sounds great so far!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #25
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Oh my word, let me tell you that I hope not either lol. It's been a viscous cycle this year with all of us getting sick. Currently we have DD#1 w/ Strep throat, DD#2 with a UTI/Upper respiratory and little PJ dealing with possible asthma and getting over an ear infection ! Not to mention that I just finished off Zithromax myself. The clinic and Walgreens pharmacy knows me by name after this cold/flu season since we have seemed to become their #1 customer lol. I've already made a decision to keep the kids in a bubble until we leave for Disney
Oh my! I hope that bubble holds strong until you leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
It took me a lot of time wondering whether or not we should do it and in the end I'm hoping I made the right decision. In our experiences counter service seems to take just as long as most TS meals(and sometimes longer IMO). I just didn't want to deal with the huge lines of CS people, having to grab a seat (or in some cases fight for them lol), make sure everyone has ketchup, utensils, etc...With 3 kids to wait on and a DH it makes meal time even more chaotic it seems.

Also, the DxDP gives the kids a chance to actually order some real food...which both of my girls will for sure appreciate
We feel the same way and my little one is 15! I can't imagine dealing with CS with little ones. I much prefer TS.

We ended up decided to do Le Cellier for lunch. The new menu doesn't thrill me. DS has wanted to try lunch there for several trips. We actually did go at lunch time on our Christmas trip in '09 but it was the dinner menu. So for this trip, lunch it is for us.
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #26
kimgof
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read your reviews. You are eating at a few of the same places we have planned for our next trip. Have some pixie dust for good health Nothing worse than a sick child on vacation..unfortunately I know first hand Have a safe flight and a great time!

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Your ADRS sound amazing and I LOVE the rating scale! Too cute! Hope everyone is feeling better.. Why is it so many of us get sick right before a WDW trip?? LOL

Hey Im one of those crazies too that know what Im ordering before I get to each and every ADR I have for our Sept trip..Unless they add something even better to the menus..WHich does happen..

See your doing better than me, I dont know how you kept the BBB and CRT a secret..I am terrible at keeping WDW secrets I get too excited!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #28
msmith1026
A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

Hey Im one of those crazies too that know what Im ordering before I get to each and every ADR I have for our Sept trip..Unless they add something even better to the menus..WHich does happen..
This is me, too!

lilandvisma Looking forward to your reviews, I am thinking of going to many of the same places, so I'm sure this will be helpful when booking my own ADRS. Safe travels!!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #29
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Your ADRS sound amazing and I LOVE the rating scale! Too cute! Hope everyone is feeling better.. Why is it so many of us get sick right before a WDW trip?? LOL

See your doing better than me, I dont know how you kept the BBB and CRT a secret..I am terrible at keeping WDW secrets I get too excited!
Everyone (knock on wood!) seems to be feeling back to normal now. It seemed to take FOREVER to get here though. Now the plan is to keep everyone inside for a week until we leave!

Ohh I am really bad with secrets so I don't really know how I have kept it this long to tell you the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1026 View Post
This is me, too!

lilandvisma Looking forward to your reviews, I am thinking of going to many of the same places, so I'm sure this will be helpful when booking my own ADRS. Safe travels!!
Thanks, welcome! I'm excited to get started on them in one week just about! I think we are going to cancel out LeCellier for Yachtsman though, per DH's request (blame it on the porterhouse there hehe). I also was thinking of Tutto instead of Le Chefs but time will tell I suppose with that one because we are still undecided at the moment!

Another thing I'm bad with...making decisions

We are down to 7 days from now!!! It's hard to believe

Old 03-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #30
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading your reviews!

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Mrs. Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: