Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

yeah I don't want to be afraid to drive, but I am. Every now and then I will get excited about getting a car, then I get scared and start to think what if I get a car and get into another accident and die this time? See how my mind gets thinking.

I have a nurse from my insurance company, when i spoke to her when I was having those head pains for 2 wks (my scalp was also sore to the touch during that time) she said the head pain could be anxiety headaches and that they are very hard to get rid off
luv4u859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #17
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about those but try the meds, really. I know they can beso helpful. At the first one might not help but the next one might. Start them now before you go back to work to find the one that works for you and will help. I promise you will be happy you did. Good luck. PM me if you have any questions.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4u859 View Post
What was the issue? If you don't mind me asking.
It was a brain malformation, but went a lot more than the headaches. I don't mind you asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar4legs View Post
Honestly, I would go back to your doctor, make a long appointment and tell them how you are feeling.
Sometimes it helps to write down your thoughts and give that to the doctor then you could make a plan together to tackle the issues that are of concern to you.
If you don't feel you are getting the support or help you need from one doctor then I would look for someone else.

Quasar
I think this is very sound advice. I changed neuro surgeon's because I did not feel the first was the right fit for me. I have to know EVERYTHING, bad or good, and well it did not gel with him. I also changed neuro's, and am quite happy now.

You really have to be comfortable, and at ease with your Dr., in order for he/she to better treat you.

Hugs and prayers for you tonight.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
TheHothive
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi, as the title says I have very high anxiety. I want to tell my story, sorry if its to long for some of you.

I was perfectly fine before 5/8/08, then I got into my first car accident. I was driving down the street someone ran a stop sign and hit the passenger side of the car. I was the only one in the car & I wasn't hurt, but I was terrified. My anxiety didn't start right after that, but it took me almost 5 or 6 months to drive again. Then my anxiety started, I kept thinking I was going to walk out the house and get hit by a car or just be sitting somewhere and just fall out and die. It was bad, eventually I got it out my head and it went away. I eventually drove again and then brought my own car. Then on 1/6/2011 I got into another accident, driving and a car cut me off to turn and we T-Boned, car was totaled. This time I was hurt, got rushed to the hospital and took xrays of my foot and yup it was broken. Splinted it and we went home.

When I went to the orthopedic (1/10/11) and sure enough he told me I have a very serious injury (when in the hospital they told me it was minor) and that I had to have surgery. At that point I was terrified. I was worried about going under anesthesia and not waking back up or having issues in the surgery room. Well 3 days later, 1/13/2011 I was having my surgery, everything went well, got 1 screw in my foot. I was fine after surgery, went under good and came out good. Let's fast forward this to 2wks later, my follow up appointment, everything was fine, I got a cast put on, but I had a killer migraine. My migraines are hereditary, my dad used to get them almost everyday. I thought it was because I was hungry, because I hadn't ate anything.

Well fast forward again, I ate and this headache was still there. It was quite painful. Then for the next 2 or 3 wks, can't remember how long, I had these sharp pains in my head and I was terrified. This is when the anxiety came back, I was in like a roller coaster of emotions. I was having these head pains, then I would worry about them and make it worse. I kept thinking in my head omg i have some type of terminal illness and i'm going to die. I went to the doctors and she gave me something for sinus infection, took it all, still having this pain, went back and told my doctor, she said nothing. It eventually went away, but every now and then I will get this pain in my head for about 5-10 seconds.

I get really scared because of this. I have a routine labwork my doctor wants me to get and I am terrified to do it because I think something is going to come back wrong.

I do have Acid Reflux, A high prolactin level and my endocrologist says i have PCOS, but isn't tell me much about it. I was thinking maybe these pains were withdrawl symptoms from the pain meds I was on after my surgery, I was on oxycodone.

I'm sorry I'm putting all my problems here. I don't know what else to do. My doctor gave me Xanax for anxiety, but I haven't taking any yet. I was going to take some this morning, but when looking at the side effects online, they scared me and made my anxiety worse. I don't want to live my life being afraid to do everything.

If you read it and replied thank you for your support

Just stop worrying. I think you are having that headache because you are thinking too much. Just relax and pray so that you will not need to worry too much about the worse things that might happen to you.
TheHothive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #20
iX.
Lovin' Life

Quote:
I'm 22. So kinda young to be living with this daily stress on my life. Thank you for the cyber hug i appreciate it. I have been healthy all my life, and I do believe I am still healthy, but its just every now and then I think what if this pain has something to do with something serious.

I think I will call my doctors office tomorrow.
22 is not young for it, it often starts in early teens or earlier. The good news is, at 22, your cognitive skills are fully developed (unlike a 12 year old) and therefore you can bring them to bear in combination with any meds you use to help yourself. But you need to be trained in those methods.

Your doc should be able to give you a referral to a psychiatrist that deals specifically with anxiety disorders. But understand this -- just because I'm talking about a psychiatrist, doesn't mean it's "all in your head" or it's "not real". Because what you will learn is that this is about nerochemicals, that is, the chemicals in your brain. The key factor here is, that you (like any adult) are capable of making changes to those chemicals by your thoughts and actions, as well as with medications. Anyone who refuses to take meds, or, refuses to take cognitive actions in combination with the meds, is leaving half of their tools on the floor. If you don't know the cognitive methods, because you haven't been referred to the right person, or, if you see a psychiatrist but refuse to take the meds out of fear, you are making it much harder to make forward progress.
iX. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #21
iX.
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHothive View Post
Just stop worrying. I think you are having that headache because you are thinking too much. Just relax and pray so that you will not need to worry too much about the worse things that might happen to you.
This unfortunately is not possible for somebody with an actual anxiety disorder, their brain isn't working the same way yours is.

It's like telling somebody that is deathly afraid of spiders (heights/bees/elevators/flying/snakes/whatever) "just stop being afraid and pray" and expecting, that's it, no more trouble, they can now go about life as if they had no fear of it to start with.

Some of us can do that. For others... cognitive methods and meds... and time.
iX. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:38 AM   #22
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

OP, I am sorry that you are going through this. My dad passed away from a brain aneurysm 14 years ago, and his granddaddy died from the same thing years before that. About 8 or 9 years ago I was getting really bad head aches, and the more that I thought about it the worse it got. Then I began to scare myself into thinking that I was having an aneurysm too.

I would get this tickling sensation down one side of my head (brain), and in my mind it was blood from an aneurysm. One day I had a headache all day long. It was so bad that I began to cry with it, partly out of fear. I made DH rush me to the hospital and they did a cat-scan on me due to my history. Of course it came back normal, thank God. I remember the instant relief that I had from having that test ran. It put the idea of me having an aneurysm out of my mind, and I have not hurt like that since.

Anyway, I can see how easy it would be to get something in your head, and focus on it. I do think that you need to find a doctor who will listen to you and run more tests to make you feel better, so that you can try to move on and focus on other things.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #23
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

UPDATE

I went to get my blood work done Tuesday the 22nd and since then I haven't had no pains in my head at all. I think I was a little more relaxed since I had finally did it. I am getting a little anxiety about it getting back to my doctors. I keep thinking i'm going to get a call about something being really high or really low. I may call my doctors tomorrow (monday) and see if they have it back yet.

I think i'm a little nervous because once I got blood work done and I did get a call saying my prolactin level was high and I was really scared, but thats all okay now.

Just wanted to update you all.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #24
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

UPDATE

I went to get my blood work done Tuesday the 22nd and since then I haven't had no pains in my head at all. I think I was a little more relaxed since I had finally did it. I am getting a little anxiety about it getting back to my doctors. I keep thinking i'm going to get a call about something being really high or really low. I may call my doctors tomorrow (monday) and see if they have it back yet.

I think i'm a little nervous because once I got blood work done and I did get a call saying my prolactin level was high and I was really scared, but thats all okay now.

Just wanted to update you all.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #25
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Well I got a call today from my doctors saying my vitamin D level was low. She called in some medicine for me.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #26
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I got a call today from my doctors saying my vitamin D level was low. She called in some medicine for me.
Hope you are feeling a little better, I too have low levels of Vit D which seems a little weird considering I like in Sunny sydney

With your summer on the way you will have the perfect excuse for sitting in the sun with a good book.

Take care
Quasar
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #27
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Yeah I feel a lot better that its only low vitamin D. Every now and then I'm like omg what if it breaks down my immune system and gets me sick lol, but a lot of people I've talked to has had low vit D in the winter and since I'm recovering from this broken foot I've basically been in the house, out of the sun for like 2 months lol. This makes me even more excited about my florida trip.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #28
LuvOrlando
DIS Veteran

Oh you poor dear, I am posting because I get about 15-20 migraines a month, have one right now, and no-one told me about it when I was young which lead to lots and lots of un-necessary scares and pain... and overuse of Motrin. You said your Dad gets headaches frequently, you really do need to try and see a Neurologist to keep tabs on you because they tend to treat frequent sufferers a little differently then someone that gets 2 a year. Has anyone ever talked to you about the different non dangerous but weird stuff that tends to go along with migraines? Vision going black? Numbness? Smell hallucinations? They can be scary but are no threat and the more frequently you get migraines the more likely you will have something weird happen, not dangerous just weird... just know to follow up with a Neuro, which is why you should have one who is familiar with you. Has anyone mentioned that anti anxiety meds can trigger headaches too? I get panic attacks every once in a while, caffeine makes them worse but I'll get one out of the blue too, like one actually woke me up last week Anyway, the anxiety meds ALWAYS give me a headache within a few hours, in fact any sort of pill at all can trigger one including vitamins, I'm supposed to be on Vitamin D but won't take it because I know it will hurt me, I do Total Cereal instead. I just had surgery recently and the Dr's gave me Morphine which is apparently a trigger too, lead to an awful night Your accident can cause an uptick in frequency, so that doesn't mean you were injured as much as that you are just sensitive... really sensitive. Do yourself a favor and look up migraines on the internet so you can familiarize yourself with some of the neurologically weird stuff you may experience otherwise you might be in for a frightening scare, there have been a few times when I thought I was having a stroke but it was a migraine event and I totally wish I had been prepared. Anyway, if you want someone to talk to PM me, when I was a young girl I was like you and really could have used some support. No-one around me, then or now, seemed to understand how crippling all the headaches could be. Now I peacefully co-exist with them, they don't scare me anymore but it took understanding to reach this place.
1993 WDL & WDW PORR for Honeymoon,94 PORR,95 OKW,96 PORR,98 Hilton, 2000 PORR,03Poly&Univ Porto, 04 WL & 04 Cont & Univ Porto,05 AKL&Univ Porto & Poly,06PORR&UnivRP, 07AKL&UnivPorto&Poly,10Hilton&PORFQ,11Hilton&Poly, 12Poly,13CB&Univ Porto (I think I'm missing a few trips in there LOL)
LuvOrlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #29
Jeniferdwn
Mouseketeer

Hi, I suffer from anxiety too. First I want to post that it isn't possible to stop all the worrying by yourself. That really bothers me when people say just stop worrying. You need a friend to talk to that can help you through rough spots, or a family member, therapist or whomever you feel comfortable talking to. I had migraines for months. I was hurting to the point that I cried daily with the pain which made the headaches worse. A never ending cycle of headaches. A nurse practitioner that is in with my family doctor took the time to sit down with me and listen to everything I told her. She did some checking, bloodwork, lots of tests and found most of my problem. I have very high blood pressure (it was at stroke level) which we feel is mostly due to stress. I am on a BP med and an anxiety med. High blood pressure was causing the majority of my migraines. The headaches have pretty much stopped and my BP is very close to normal. The meds are a lifesaver. I couldn't function without them. I also have one that I can take if something upsets me during the day (my boss is my main trigger). I also have taken my DD to the doctor for anxiety. She is on the very lowest dosage of anxiety meds and she is a totally different child. She was in the nurses office several times a day crying with head and stomach aches. She disrupted her class and her teacher got in trouble for sending her to the nurse so much. They were calling me several times a day. On field trip days, she would leave on the bus and within an hour or so, she was throwing up and I had to drive all over the state to pick her up. On the day we were leaving for her first Disney trip, she woke up throwing up and was sick for several hours. This one tiny little pill has stopped all of this for her and she has told me over and over how much she appreciates me taking her to the doctor and getting her medicine to feel better. I monitor her closely and hope one day she will learn to deal with her anxiety a little better on her own. (I don't want to get flamed for saying all that. I did what I feel is best for my child.)
Luv4u859, please find someone to talk to and if you need some meds to help you, don't be afraid to take them. It's miserable to live in fear all the time. You may not have to stay on them forever. You may be able to learn to control some of the anxiety once you get some help. Good luck and I'm always here if you need to talk.
Jeniferdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #30
luv4u859
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
Oh you poor dear, I am posting because I get about 15-20 migraines a month, have one right now, and no-one told me about it when I was young which lead to lots and lots of un-necessary scares and pain... and overuse of Motrin. You said your Dad gets headaches frequently, you really do need to try and see a Neurologist to keep tabs on you because they tend to treat frequent sufferers a little differently then someone that gets 2 a year. Has anyone ever talked to you about the different non dangerous but weird stuff that tends to go along with migraines? Vision going black? Numbness? Smell hallucinations? They can be scary but are no threat and the more frequently you get migraines the more likely you will have something weird happen, not dangerous just weird... just know to follow up with a Neuro, which is why you should have one who is familiar with you. Has anyone mentioned that anti anxiety meds can trigger headaches too? I get panic attacks every once in a while, caffeine makes them worse but I'll get one out of the blue too, like one actually woke me up last week Anyway, the anxiety meds ALWAYS give me a headache within a few hours, in fact any sort of pill at all can trigger one including vitamins, I'm supposed to be on Vitamin D but won't take it because I know it will hurt me, I do Total Cereal instead. I just had surgery recently and the Dr's gave me Morphine which is apparently a trigger too, lead to an awful night Your accident can cause an uptick in frequency, so that doesn't mean you were injured as much as that you are just sensitive... really sensitive. Do yourself a favor and look up migraines on the internet so you can familiarize yourself with some of the neurologically weird stuff you may experience otherwise you might be in for a frightening scare, there have been a few times when I thought I was having a stroke but it was a migraine event and I totally wish I had been prepared. Anyway, if you want someone to talk to PM me, when I was a young girl I was like you and really could have used some support. No-one around me, then or now, seemed to understand how crippling all the headaches could be. Now I peacefully co-exist with them, they don't scare me anymore but it took understanding to reach this place.
thank you. I am the queen of googling lol, every little symptom I get I google it and see all the side effects so I know all what else I can feel when having a migraine. I've also been getting them for years. I had my doctor prescribe me medicine for them but I never took them, I now take Excedrin Migraine which works great. Sometimes I don't take anything at all and just sleep them off. From what my mom tells me, my dad used to get migraines almost everyday so I can understand why I get them so frequently. I haven't took any of my anxiety pills yet. I know I probably should, but 1 thing about me is i hate taking medicine, any type pills or liquids. After my surgery I only took the pain medicine for 3 days then I was done. If I see a neurologist what will they do about my migraines?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: