Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Dec6
Addicted to DCL...

SeaWorld's Underwater Sharks Grill

Has anyone ever dined at the Underwater Sharks Grill in SeaWorld? If so, did you think it was worth the price & how was the food? Please share your experience. Thanks!
Dec6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

HORRIBLE

We ate there last year and did not think the food or service was worth the money we spent. The menu is very limited and pricey IMO for what you get. Also, I had to step away from the table for a minute and when I came back they had taken my plate. I had hardly even had a chance to touch it. DH said that I was not done but the server had already placed a dirty plate on it from another table so oh well. They didn't even feel sorry that they threw away my meal.

I would honestly never reccomend this place to anyone. We also waited almost an hour and when we walked in the place was empty. Maybe everyone that was at a tabe left at the same time

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Dec6
Addicted to DCL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
HORRIBLE

We ate there last year and did not think the food or service was worth the money we spent. The menu is very limited and pricey IMO for what you get. Also, I had to step away from the table for a minute and when I came back they had taken my plate. I had hardly even had a chance to touch it. DH said that I was not done but the server had already placed a dirty plate on it from another table so oh well. They didn't even feel sorry that they threw away my meal.

I would honestly never reccomend this place to anyone. We also waited almost an hour and when we walked in the place was empty. Maybe everyone that was at a tabe left at the same time
OMG! Thanks for the heads up...
Old 03-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
robin19871
DIS Veteran

I ate there 2 years ago and have to say that the food was wonderful.. I am not sure how much the menu has changed since then but I had a stuffed mushroom appetizer that was amazing.
robin19871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
BLTLDZ
Loving our DVC :)

We ate there in december. We enjoyed it!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
JustCallMeMommy
DIS Veteran

It was incredible when we ate there in December. I don't know the price though - we did a tour, and it was included. We had eaten at Coral Reef in Epcot the night before, and Sharks definitely won the best-restaurant-with-a-giant-fish-tank contest.

JustCallMeMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
Dec6
Addicted to DCL...

Wow, I guess it's a hit and miss. I checked the reviews on Trip Advisor and there are more negatives than positives...I guess it depends on ur taste.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec6 View Post
Has anyone ever dined at the Underwater Sharks Grill in SeaWorld? If so, did you think it was worth the price & how was the food? Please share your experience. Thanks!
We ate there last month after being super disappointed with Coral Reef at Epcot. We LOVED Sharks Underwater Grill! I even thought that the food was quite good, even if it was over-priced.

My daughter absolutely loved how active the sharks were and how well you could see them. While it is not as well "themed" in the restaurant as Coral Reef is, I really felt that the visibility of the tank was much better at Sharks. I don't think that there's a bad seat in the house!

All 5 of us thought that Sharks was good...and we also all agreed that it was better than Coral Reef. Our server was excellent too!
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
twinglesmome
Mouseketeer

We dined there two summers ago. We absolutely loved it. Food and atmosphere were both awesome. Prices were about the same as expected for the type of establishment. While we were there, a small child had some type of medical problem. The emergency staff came right away and were very professional.
twinglesmome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

They still have that mushroom appetizer (I always get it). I find it to be pricey, but we've always had good food and service except one time, when we did a tour in which it was included. It was a holiday so there were several tour groups and they were totally unprepared. They were serving some people dinner while others at the same table waited another 15 or 20 mins. for theirs. One of the people in our group went medieval on the manager! But that was our only really bad experience.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

My family has dined here twice and enjoyed both times, kids love sitting up against the tank, we always walk up to podium well before they open to make ressies for as soon as they open.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
Hockeyman
It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Put me down for having a great meal and service there also.

WDW Annual pass holder - going since before I could even walk

On Site-Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-POFQ-POR-Dolphin-All Star Sports-Pop-CBR-ASM

Universal Orlando Annual Pass holder since 2000
On Site-Hard Rock-Portofino Bay-Royal Pacific

Busch Gardens / Seaworld Annual Pass holder since 2007
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
Mainer11
Earning My Ears

We enjoyed Sharks grill for lunch

Yes, it is pricier than most park restaraunts, but it is different than any other place at Sea World. We ate there about two years ago and the food was super, I had the scallops. The kids loved seeing the sharks cruise by during lunch. It is also a nice cool place during a hot day.
Mainer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #14
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

2 Thumbs up:)

My mom and I dined there a few years back and loved it!! We had a great meal all around. Service was fantastic. Food was great, and this coming from someone who, at that time, was just starting to get a taste for different foods and flavors. And of course, the setting was great

Sure, it's pricier than walking in and ordering at a counter. And yes, a restaurant can have off days. If it seems like somewhere you would like to go, give it a try. That way, you know what it's like. You won't be left wondering.

Have a good time
Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #15
norm&linda
Mouseketeer

We ate there last week and enjoyed it! DD(8) must have taken 100 pictures of the sharks. Our server was excellent and answered many questions for the kids. They are able to accomodate gluten free diet. Portions are big, since we planned to leave the park after eating we took home half in a doggy bag. It was a good option for us.
norm&linda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: