Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #121
mommytobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
Apparently it doesn't just take two to tango, it now takes 5 to tango. But you know what, they have created their own dance. Why not give them their freedom to live as they please?
i agree. If we could all have this mentality instead of trying to decide for them if they are happy or whatever, this world would be a better place.
I have been Boo'd by Luv'sTink and I am so excited!!
mommytobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #122
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
I can't believe they didn't take the daughter who fell off the horse to an MD. Maybe they are too far out to have medical facilities? Cody seemed more worried about getting back on the horse.
I couldn't believe they didn't take the daughter in for an x-ray and instead took her for an adjustment. I was stunned.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #123
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Does Kody's dad have ( or had) more than 2 wives? B/c they said that Kody's family made the decision to be poligs while he was on a mission trip( he looked like an older teen in the photo). And grandpa didn't marry Jenelle's mom until 18 years ago.
I felt bad for both the grandmas living all alone part time. Once their kids are grown, the sister wives are alone unless they live together.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #124
Kimberle
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
I couldn't believe they didn't take the daughter in for an x-ray and instead took her for an adjustment. I was stunned.
I know. They should have called 911 immediately. Instead, they made her stand up. She could have had a concussion, broken bone, etc. My Mother is an RN, she would NEVER do such an examine. She would refer her to a doctor.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #125
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
I know. They should have called 911 immediately. Instead, they made her stand up. She could have had a concussion, broken bone, etc. My Mother is an RN, she would NEVER do such an examine. She would refer her to a doctor.
What's even more scary is that there were how many adults in attendance and nobody thought she should go to the hospital for an x-ray or anything.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #126
ARLO1
DIS Veteran

thats because one of the grandmas was once a nurse and she looked her over and decided she just needed an adjustment...huh?
ARLO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #127
Claudia1

Torments DISers with choc. chip cookie escapades
Step AWAY from the cake, ma'am!

Anybody watching Sister Wives tonight? Does Christine have a new haircut? Looks better this season!
Claudia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #128
Bungle
DIS Veteran

I watched. Kind of surprised at how unhappy everyone looked. I do agree that Christine is looking better.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #129
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Forgot they were on last night till I saw this thread. So I don't know if I saw all of it.

But it seems to me they are less interesting. Honestly, to me they are starting to seem like just a normal big family. Yes, the four ladies are all married to the same man, but I am kind of used to that by now (at least in their case). So even the shock value of that has diminished.

THere were fights between siblings, disagreements among the adults how to handle the kids, some family members love shopping, others hate it, the oldest kids are leaving the nest, One of the marriages is getting "stale", infertility- all situations that are faced by many families.

I guess the possibility of Robin being Meri's surrogate makes it more interesting, and I am not minimizing Meri's struggle with wanting another baby. But I can't ignore the image of this surrogacy thing being the element that keeps TLC interested in this family as a TV show. I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is secretly hoping one of the wives will want a divorce as that will boost ratings, too. When the JK8 marriage went down the drain, it kid of gave that show a second wing-trashy and temporary though it was.

Now that I've seen the family as people, and not as mysterious Polygamists, they are just folks.

And if anything they are doing is harming their kids, I think it is being on TV, not Being in a polygamist family.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #130
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Christine looks so unhappy. LAst season it was Janelle.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #131
Claudia1

Torments DISers with choc. chip cookie escapades
Step AWAY from the cake, ma'am!

I thought it was kinda strange that Cody did not show support (or anything) for Janelle when she was dealing with the punch in the nose between the boys. I totally agree that she was capable of dealing with it by herself (and she usually does) but my DH would have at least walked up and silently shown support as unified parents. To ignore the situation, as he indicated he did by his own words, shows that he is used to being an absent parent. That can't be good for the kids, especially when it is teenage boys & aggression is involved.

Just my 2cents.
Claudia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #132
tigger_mommy
Bunny slippers should be mandatory in life!

This show has the train wreck effect for me. My husband and I watch simply because we cannot turn away. No,I would not practice this. If he wants to and the women are in general okay with it, then more power to them. As far as the legality of it, I do not see how it is illegal. He is only legally married to one of them, Meri, the first one. He is celestially married to, or whatever they are, to the other three. There is no paperwork in any state showing them as legally married. Basically he is just shacking up with and having kids with all these other women. Only he is viewed as being bound to them by the church. I don't understand why he is fleeing Utah, he can't be charged with Bigamy since he didn't file for marriage license with the other 3.

I feel for their relationships, they are never all at the same stage. One is in turmoil, while another is still new and fresh, while another is great. I can't keep my own marriage standing straight some days, can't imagine having multiple standings to remember. As far as a show showcasing polyandry, makes me shudder. I do not want to be the center of multiple men's worlds. Talk about jealousy, I think that whole house would have urine all over it just from them not being able to handle it.

tigger_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #133
charming23
DIS Veteran

I found the episode to be very lackluster. I am not saying every episode needs drama but no one seemed very happy.

I for one am wondering where they got all the money for the expensive Christmas gifts. I know they get paid by TLC but last season everyone was complaining about the lack of money.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #134
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

I don't care how many they want to tango with. I am stumped that an idiot like Cody (is that his name) actually got 4 women to marry him. What a needy creep.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #135
jbcheerchick93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger_mommy View Post
This show has the train wreck effect for me. My husband and I watch simply because we cannot turn away. No,I would not practice this. If he wants to and the women are in general okay with it, then more power to them. As far as the legality of it, I do not see how it is illegal. He is only legally married to one of them, Meri, the first one. He is celestially married to, or whatever they are, to the other three. There is no paperwork in any state showing them as legally married. Basically he is just shacking up with and having kids with all these other women. Only he is viewed as being bound to them by the church. I don't understand why he is fleeing Utah, he can't be charged with Bigamy since he didn't file for marriage license with the other 3.

I feel for their relationships, they are never all at the same stage. One is in turmoil, while another is still new and fresh, while another is great. I can't keep my own marriage standing straight some days, can't imagine having multiple standings to remember. As far as a show showcasing polyandry, makes me shudder. I do not want to be the center of multiple men's worlds. Talk about jealousy, I think that whole house would have urine all over it just from them not being able to handle it.
In regards to the bigamy charges, I'm not 100% sure but it might have been said that Utah is one of the states that recognizes common law marriages. Since Cody, Jenelle, Christine, and Mari have been living together for over 7 years, they can be considered officially united under a common law marriage.

March '95
April '99
March '02
April '05
July '05
April '07
July '10
May '12
August '14
jbcheerchick93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: