Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #106
TeresaBelle
Still sleeps with a security blanket
 
TeresaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
No the question was would you choose this life again
mommytobug is right... meri was speaking about the choice to go public with their lifestyle. she would do it again. robyn agreed, as did janelle. christine said she didn't know.
__________________
Teresa
TeresaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #107
stashbin
DIS Veteran
 
stashbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I live in southern Alabama
Posts: 1,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosFriend View Post
Forgot to add in my other post, regarding them going public..I bet a lot of it had to do with money. Hard for most to say "no" to a reasonable amount of money. Does anyone know what they get paid per show????
With 4 wives to support...how can it not be? I know how much I cost..dude better get another job!!
__________________
stashbin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #108
mommytobug
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: mississippi
Posts: 969

No one watched last night?? I love this show. I know it is far from my beliefs but I find it very interesting. Did you see that Janelle's mother married Kody's dad about 3 months before he married janelle? I was shocked but the two wives were so cute together. I didnt know that led that lifestyle also. I thought Janelle was the one who was not brought up in this faith? Does anyone remember?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mommy to a .
[/QUOTE]
I have been Boo'd by Luv'sTink and I am so excited!!
mommytobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #109
Darth Boeder
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytobug View Post
No one watched last night?? I love this show. I know it is far from my beliefs but I find it very interesting. Did you see that Janelle's mother married Kody's dad about 3 months before he married janelle? I was shocked but the two wives were so cute together. I didnt know that led that lifestyle also. I thought Janelle was the one who was not brought up in this faith? Does anyone remember?
I believe she was not brought up in it. But when Janelles mom met the family that is when she got intertested and then married Kodys dad. I found it a bit weird. Also did you see that Kody's mom was the one that wanted to become polig and not the dad. They say it is the women that want to convert.
Darth Boeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #110
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!
 
DMRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 12,866

I watched it. I thought they really shared a lot about their families. I wonder if their parents will now be investigated.

I thought someone said they moved..is that true?

What I really don't get is, why does Kody act so surprised that people found out about them. Does he not understand that he is on TV?

Doris
__________________


Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
DMRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #111
lucas
°o°
 
lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 21,404

I can't believe they didn't take the daughter who fell off the horse to an MD. Maybe they are too far out to have medical facilities? Cody seemed more worried about getting back on the horse.
__________________
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #112
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust
 
dislaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashbin View Post
With 4 wives to support...how can it not be? I know how much I cost..dude better get another job!!
Dude, better get like 3 more jobs!
__________________
dislaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #113
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!
 
momrek06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 22,317

I was exhausted watching THIS epi and I did not even leave my couch … omg, last night was too much CHAOS. Riding horses (with no helmets), climbing rocks, painting Gram's house, cars breaking down….yup, I was exhausted.

$5,000 for a new engine. And Kody stating that he is going to have one hour of complete quiet when every one is gone … ugh …

Last week their was an internet "rumor" that one of the girls appeared to be pregnant (Aspyn) … this week, I took a better look at all the teen girls and they all appear to have 'bellies' on them … some of the younger boys look like they are getting chubby … I think the kiddos are eating way too many 'carbs'.
__________________





KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #114
mom22belles
Welcomed Guest
Took the hwy to WDW
Had DD#2 and got a new name
 
mom22belles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislaney View Post
Dude, better get like 3 more jobs!


Dude sell the motorcycle and the Lexus !
__________________
(DH)(Me)(DD 13)(dd 10)(DS 7) (FIL 91)
mom22belles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #115
Brit17
DIS Veteran
 
Brit17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,585

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
I was exhausted watching THIS epi and I did not even leave my couch … omg, last night was too much CHAOS. Riding horses (with no helmets), climbing rocks, painting Gram's house, cars breaking down….yup, I was exhausted.

$5,000 for a new engine. And Kody stating that he is going to have one hour of complete quiet when every one is gone … ugh …

Last week their was an internet "rumor" that one of the girls appeared to be pregnant (Aspyn) … this week, I took a better look at all the teen girls and they all appear to have 'bellies' on them … some of the younger boys look like they are getting chubby … I think the kiddos are eating way too many 'carbs'.
I felt the exact same way ... and it was so noisy too with everybody talking at the same time ... but I guess with 5 adults and 16 kids that's what it is -exhausting and noisy- all the time ... oy
Brit17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #116
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states
 
Grumpy's Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cheers! Where everybody knows your name.
Posts: 4,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
I have never met anyone "all that "that I would do that. and he is a hypocrate, a while back one of the "wives" made a comment about what if she had 3 or 4 husbands and he said something to the effect he would be disqusted by it .
that was a conversation with his first wife Meri on their anniv date dinner.
__________________
Sippin' tea, readin' the Dis...
Grumpy's Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #117
chewbacca
Mouseketeer
 
chewbacca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Gal View Post
that was a conversation with his first wife Meri on their anniv date dinner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
I have never met anyone "all that "that I would do that. and he is a hypocrate, a while back one of the "wives" made a comment about what if she had 3 or 4 husbands and he said something to the effect he would be disqusted by it .

They only reason he would be disgusted by it is because he would not be the center of attention and he would actually have to "share". I would like to see a show with a wife and 3 or 4 husbands and see if it gets a different kind of reaction. But then again who would want more that one husband?! I have enough trouble keeping up with one!
chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #118
scjo68
DIS Veteran
 
scjo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
I can't believe they didn't take the daughter who fell off the horse to an MD. Maybe they are too far out to have medical facilities? Cody seemed more worried about getting back on the horse.
ITA!

I am usually a very "you're ok- shake it off" kind of mom with my kids if they get hurt-regular bumps and scrapes. But I was really shocked when she fell off the horse on to her back, lying there obviously crying in pain. He made her immediately get up on her hands and knees, and made her walk to the car. Then they went to a chiropracter for an adjustment?

I am no medical professional, but if someone falls on their back should you rush them to move right away? I would think you wouldn't, at least not till you take time to evaluate how they feel.

And, likewise, I am no horse expert, but he did seemed way more concerned about teaching the horse a lesson, than tending to his daughter.
__________________
Jan. 2003 POR, Jan. 2004 POR, Jan. 2006 POR, Jan. 2007 POFQ, Jan. 2008 POFQ
Aug. 2009 Poly, Aug. 2010 CR (Family of the day/ Hospitality Suite)
Aug. 2011 Poly, Aug. 2012 POFQ, Jan. 2013 POR
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #119
mommytobug
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: mississippi
Posts: 969

There were in Jackson Hole I believe and as little as it is there is a hospital there. They should have taken her there or lets say i would have. I love watching this family. I am not so focused on Kody's hair or his quirky ways. We all have different likes and dislikes. My husband is adorable to me but you may think he is a crazy redneck. I dont care, he is mine, LOL!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mommy to a .
[/QUOTE]
I have been Boo'd by Luv'sTink and I am so excited!!
mommytobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #120
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)
 
Jessica527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 2,173

Apparently it doesn't just take two to tango, it now takes 5 to tango. But you know what, they have created their own dance. Why not give them their freedom to live as they please?
__________________
Disney Dreams to Date :
2014: Pop Century - Stahl Family Trip
2012: Boardwalk Honeymoon

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Jessica527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: