Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #1066
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen73 View Post
I will be watching the 5 wives ones...definitely looking fwd to see how diff they are from the Browns...do all of THOSE wives work?? Wondering what he does for a living? And do they also have 5 diff houses?
The first three wives live in a communal house with each wife having a kitchen and bedrooms for herself and her kids. The other 2 wives seem to live in houses next door to the communal house.

The pilot showed that the first wife worked for a dentist and discussed her "coming out" as polygamist to the office staff.
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #1067
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
My takeaway from this was another point against polygamy. I suspect Robyn keeps Solomon in the bed with her because otherwise she would be sleeping alone 4 to 5 nights per week (assuming Kody does stick to his rotating schedule) Solomon is a piece of Kody in the way her kids from a previous marriage are not. By keeping Solomon in her bed with her, she gets to have a piece of Kody by her every night. Of course, there are a million other reasons related to Solomon's needs that could be why she has him sleep with her but if I had to guess, I'd guess it has more to do with Robyn's need to feel close to Kody at all times and the reality that polygamy won't allow that.
I don't know...maybe you are reading too much into it at the same time. We have two small children 3.5 and 2. Both of them slept in our bed until well past the age of one and both continue to sleep with us many nights a week. Co-sleeping really isn't that unusual (people just don't always talk about it.)
The other factor is that Solomon is still nursing. It may be easier for her to just keep him in bed.
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #1068
MegSmethurst
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
I don't know...maybe you are reading too much into it at the same time. We have two small children 3.5 and 2. Both of them slept in our bed until well past the age of one and both continue to sleep with us many nights a week. Co-sleeping really isn't that unusual (people just don't always talk about it.) The other factor is that Solomon is still nursing. It may be easier for her to just keep him in bed.
I agree! Don't forget, Kody's in bed only every 4 nights so actually he's in the way of Solomon's sleep. I think Kody is just mad because Robyn is the only one who he *enjoys* spending his time with and that gets in the way! LOL

MegSmethurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #1069
Pembo
OH-IO

Watched both episodes last night. I felt bad for Meri. Robyn was all over for her for saying she needed to figure out what's next. That is just normal. I wanted to scream at the TV and say her ONLY child left! It's natural to need to figure out what her role is. She primarily was MOM and now she doesn't have to be MOM 24/7. Back off Robyn, she doesn't want to raise YOUR kids.

Jenelle looked so uncomfortable during the tell-all. I thought she understood Meri and wished she would have spoken up. I think all 3 wives are really tired of Robyn. She is such a buzzkill. I'd want to divorce her. lol

Christine looked like a renaissance singer or something! Loved Jenelle's dress and she looks really good. Meri's dress was pretty but agree about the need for spanx and oh, how convenient Robyn had a lovely dress in her closet.

I can't wait to see what Mykeltie does next...you can tell she is a wild child.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #1070
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegSmethurst View Post
I agree! Don't forget, Kody's in bed only every 4 nights so actually he's in the way of Solomon's sleep. I think Kody is just mad because Robyn is the only one who he *enjoys* spending his time with and that gets in the way! LOL
Ha, fair enough!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #1071
meloneyb21
DIS Veteran

Sooooo, My Five Wives. Did anyone watch?

8/1990 - Offsite 4/06 - CSR 5/09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 4/10 - Poly 8/11 - AKL 8/12 - AKL 6/14 - AKL
meloneyb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #1072
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloneyb21 View Post
I watched it on DVR this morning.

I'm not sure yet what I think. I do know I was really annoyed that he has 5 wives, a ton of kids....... and is taking time from the family to go back to school. My first thought was.... well, maybe he is trying to better his family..... until I found out he's majoring in.......... Philosophy. So glad he can go fulfill himself and pull all-nighters like a teenager when there's already not enough of him to go around.

I was doing other stuff while I was "watching" but I really didn't get the big deal between the other 2 wives either. One was ticked off because the other wife picked up a bill and paid it? OMG, send her to MY house. I'd be all good with that.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #1073
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

I'm not sure yet what I think. I do know I was really annoyed that he has 5 wives, a ton of kids....... and is taking time from the family to go back to school. My first thought was.... well, maybe he is trying to better his family..... until I found out he's majoring in.......... Philosophy. So glad he can go fulfill himself and pull all-nighters like a teenager when there's already not enough of him to go around.

I was doing other stuff while I was "watching" but I really didn't get the big deal between the other 2 wives either. One was ticked off because the other wife picked up a bill and paid it? OMG, send her to MY house. I'd be all good with that.

I agree. I didn't get why the wives were upset about this bill? And philosophy? And thought maybe it was taking business or engineering courses to further his construction company. But philosophy?
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #1074
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCarrie View Post
I agree. I didn't get why the wives were upset about this bill? And philosophy? And thought maybe it was taking business or engineering courses to further his construction company. But philosophy?
Yeah, still shaking my head on both counts.

Something is really off in that family if one wife gets THAT upset that another one pays a bill. There has to be more to it than that.

And heck, in this economy I would have tried to steer my own kids away from a philosophy degree. But a grown man who is juggling 5 wives? Really?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #1075
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloneyb21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

I watched, and I really do try to have an open mind, however, I have come to the conclusion that I just don't understand this lifestyle ... It just seems that in both TLC plig families (the Brown's and the Williams') that all the sister wives like to live separate lives and don't really communicate much with each other, or even want to, and don't even like each other that much either ... So what's the point of having sister wives at all? ... I just don't get it : ...

It was a little difficult to remember which wife was which last night too ... I could recognize Paulie and Rosemary easier (I guess it was the brown hair) but the three blondes look very similar so it was harder to remember who was who ... I have no problem with the hubby (forgot his name) going back to school but majoring in Philosophy? - what does he plan to do with that? ... And $4K in grocery bills a month?! ... I know the 5th wife (Rhonda?) has a job but I don't remember if the other wives do? ...

The only difference I see between hubby and Kody is that Kody loves his hair more ... Otherwise, I think both men just love performing in front of the cameras and being on TV ... And getting TLC to pay their bills ... It'll be interesting to watch how the show progresses though ...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #1076
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I guess I took the conversation with the wives differently. I saw it as the one wife Paulie, asking if the other wife Nonie, was going to keep paying that bill or was it a one time thing. She was confused as to what the situation was going to be. I think it is odd that a conversation over a bill would freak Nonie out so much.

As for Nonie flipping out it reminded me of Meri from Sister Wives. Nonie has some issues she needs to work out.

From reading TLC's website:

Paulie, 1st wife, is a dental hygienist.

Robyn, 2nd wife, no mention of a job. Described as creative and the one to volunteer for planning the big family events.

Rosemary, 3rd wife, used to work for the family construction business but stopped after winning a scholarship at the local university. She is studying for her teaching degree in music and biology.

Nonie, 4th wife, handles the administrative side of the family’s construction business and is the only wife who works with Brady on a steady basis.

Rhonda, 5th wife, who is Robyn’s cousin, loves to work outside the home and is now a medical assistant.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #1077
nicolita3
DIS Veteran

These people who supposedly been married 15+ years act like they barely know each other. The one wife saying they've never had a conversation like that with another wife. The husband who had no idea his wife didn't like shrimp. Really??
Old 03-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #1078
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I'm fairly certain I won't be watching much of this new show. They don't grab my attention at all. In fact, I think Nonie was totally over reacting to Paulie's discussion with her. Unless there was something that wasn't shown, she was going off the deep end over something that was nothing. I also don't understand the whole "safe talk" thing...huh? If you are truly one family, then you should be able to talk about issues, ask questions, discuss family business, etc. I mean, in my family we might argue, but everyone gets over it fairly quickly. I find this family just strange. Oh...and I thought Robin was being a bit poutish over him having to write a paper on "her night." I mean, really, let's be honest. You are sharing him with 4 other women, 23(?) kids and the guy has no nights alone to DO the work. So, I think it's just part of the lifestyle.

Clearly, reading what I've written, I'm not a fan of these people already.

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #1079
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolita3 View Post
These people who supposedly been married 15+ years act like they barely know each other. The one wife saying they've never had a conversation like that with another wife. The husband who had no idea his wife didn't like shrimp. Really??
That does seem odd.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #1080
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

I'm assuming the bill drama was just set up for the show. They couldn't have it made it something more exciting than about a bill!
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: