Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #91
tink20
DIS Veteran
 
tink20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay!
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashbin View Post
It's gross to me. All of that "sharing"!!
So what if one of them has something they shouldn't be "sharing"??

The dude is creepy. The wives must be off of their rocker to WANT to "share".
When it comes to that...I am a bit of a germaphobe!
This is how I feel. As far as having other women to share household/children responsibilities with...that would be great, but sharing hubby..ahhhhhhh NO!
__________________
Me DH DD:20 DS:12
"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust."
tink20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #92
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
 
MaryAnnDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RGBBLA
Posts: 15,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
Actually Janelle was the one using "aunts" on the school forms. Christine talked about proudly writing in "other mom."
Ah...OK. You're right. Thanks. I think I need a chart.
__________________
MaryAnnDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #93
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!
 
cheermom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 3,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Sorry...still don't get your point. Do you mean sexually attracted to each other? The women having bisexual relationships? Because they all seem to LIKE each other very much. I'm just not really sure what you're saying.
Yes I do while this may not be for everyone but I can see it being a better situation then just one person getting everything. At least this way all parties will be happy.

I see sister wives as a one sided relationship that is all about one person being happy and that is it. IF they all were in the relationship then it would be about all of them and not just one. I hope I'm typing this in a way that I get what I'm trying to say out in the right way. but who knows It maybe taken wrong anyway.
__________________
Linda dh dd18 DS 17 stepson ss16 ss15 ss12

cheermom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #94
canopynut66
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislaney View Post
I really think he's creepy but he sure doesn't seem to have any problems finding women, wives, whatever?!?


He no prize for sure and IMO he just has "other women" and the OK to do so. Why not stay single and just date? why go on TV and then cry so many against your lifestyle? all weird to me
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #95
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
.Of course it is. It's not perfect, anymore than all those "regular" marriages, and in all these situations, there are choices."
When Meri says the only reason she is staying is for her daughter, no, it isn't working for her.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #96
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran
 
horseshowmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 10,307

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
I am sorry but this statement of hurting the kids is a cop out and is over abused today. Same sex couples shouldn't adopt because it will hurt the kid, families shouldn't adopt babies of a different race because it is hurting the children, single parents are hurting their kids, working parents are hurting their kids, the list can go on and on.

What people really mean to say is "I don't agree with what you are doing so I am going to say you are hurting the children instead of admitting I am being judgemental."
You mean, that's what YOU perceive it as. Sorry, but you have no right whatsoever to put words in my mouth.

No cop out here, I definitely believe that the children are hurt by this arrangement. There is no way on this earth that I can possibly believe that it is good for boys to be reared in such a way that they think this is how they should live, and I for SURE don't think it's healthy for girls to believe that this is how they should be expected to live. I agree with those who think the situation is demeaning to women, and it saddens me greatly.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #97
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
 
MaryAnnDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RGBBLA
Posts: 15,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post
Yes I do while this may not be for everyone but I can see it being a better situation then just one person getting everything. At least this way all parties will be happy.

I see sister wives as a one sided relationship that is all about one person being happy and that is it. IF they all were in the relationship then it would be about all of them and not just one. I hope I'm typing this in a way that I get what I'm trying to say out in the right way. but who knows It maybe taken wrong anyway.
It isn't all about one person being happy. He doesn't appear any happier than the women do. And sex with a man isn't all about the man. ??? They ARE getting something out of the relationship, sexually. And sex is hardly ALL there is to relationships. So I guess I'm just not getting your point. So be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
When Meri says the only reason she is staying is for her daughter, no, it isn't working for her.
Really?? I must've missed that, where she said that THE ONLY REASON SHE IS STAYING is for her daughter. I didn't get that impression in the least, and I don't recall her saying that either. I'll have to look back at it when I get a chance. But I'll say this...I'm sure that many people...I HOPE that many people...stay to work out issues in the relationships when there are children involved, and don't just leave when things get tough.
__________________
MaryAnnDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #98
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
It isn't all about one person being happy. He doesn't appear any happier than the women do. And sex with a man isn't all about the man. ??? They ARE getting something out of the relationship, sexually. And sex is hardly ALL there is to relationships. So I guess I'm just not getting your point. So be it. Really?? I must've missed that, where she said that THE ONLY REASON SHE IS STAYING is for her daughter. I didn't get that impression in the least, and I don't recall her saying that either. I'll have to look back at it when I get a chance. But I'll say this...I'm sure that many people...I HOPE that many people...stay to work out issues in the relationships when there are children involved, and don't just leave when things get tough.

She said it last season.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #99
handinpocket
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,262

It is my job as a parent to judge. I freely judge and admit it. I don't want my children thinking a deviant lifestyle is ok, so I judge and share my judgement with my children. I can't imagine why they would want to parade their lives on TV and be "circus freaks", because that is basically what they are.
handinpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #100
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!
 
DMRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 12,866

I thought the question was would you do this again (cable came and switched out my box today, so I can't go back and look).

Maybe we won't know if they meant live this lifestyle or go public. I guess it could have been taken either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
Sorry, but the question was about the way they shared their lifestyle with the world; and Christine didn't know if she would go public in that manner again. She appears to be very happy in her role as third wife, stay at home mom..
__________________


Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
DMRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #101
jemgumby
DIS Veteran
 
jemgumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 907

Well for all you who say as long as they are not hurting anyone then you are okay with it. Well, their lifestyle is hurting not only those poor insecure women but also their children. It is making women look like property and not valued property at that. It is teaching the children that men are superior and more valued because there are not multiple husbands only multiple wives. In my opinion they are ALL sick from the creepy husband who thinks it is okay to have more than one wife to the sick creepy women who thinks it is okay to share a husband.....completely disgusting. Yes I will judge because it is WRONG! Also you cannot compare two gay parents to this. The point is the gay couple are in a monogamous relationship where they mutually respect each other by only being with each other. In that case they are raising that child to see a healthy respectful relationship. I have no problem with that.
__________________
jemgumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #102
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!
 
PlutosFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,393

I am interested, so I watch. I do think Kody is a creeper and he looks better with short hair..so lose the locks, Kodster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlver View Post
I have a hard time beleiving that the ladies dont get jealous
They seem pretty jealous if you ask me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyScraps View Post
I think it's sick. Years ago a bunch of dirty old men came up with the concept of having multiple wives and then convinced some gullible folk to go along with it saying it was their religion!

Lisa
I couldn't agree with the above more!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmom29 View Post
Why is it always sister wives and not "brother husbands"???
See above@

I don't recall Meri ever saying her dd is the only reason she stays, even tho she may have. It just doesn't make sense tho. She is the one that has picked the other sister wives to add in.
Janell looked pregnant to me last night. I know she is a big girl tho, and she probably isn't....
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #103
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!
 
Family Fun Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the burbs of Deeeeeeetroit, baby!
Posts: 2,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
I thought the question was would you do this again (cable came and switched out my box today, so I can't go back and look).

Maybe we won't know if they meant live this lifestyle or go public. I guess it could have been taken either way.
I thought the question was whether they regret going public. Based on their answers "I'm tired of hiding" "I don't want to be afraid anymore" that would make sense. Christine said she didn't know. She seems most bothered by the attention and negative effects this is having on the family. However, she has never seemed opposed to the plural lifestyle.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #104
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!
 
PlutosFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
I thought the question was whether they regret going public. Based on their answers "I'm tired of hiding" "I don't want to be afraid anymore" that would make sense. Christine said she didn't know. She seems most bothered by the attention and negative effects this is having on the family. However, she has never seemed opposed to the plural lifestyle.
Forgot to add in my other post, regarding them going public..I bet a lot of it had to do with money. Hard for most to say "no" to a reasonable amount of money. Does anyone know what they get paid per show????
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #105
disfan07
DIS Veteran
 
disfan07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,456

I havent seen any of the interviews with them but if any of them really thought they could do this show and NOT have legal issues or NOT have it cause some major controversy that could harm their family in some way, they are all incredibly naive.

All of the legal issues and anything else that is happening is their fault. They brought it on themeselves so I don't get why any of them should be surprised at all.
__________________
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: