Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #91
tink20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashbin View Post
It's gross to me. All of that "sharing"!!
So what if one of them has something they shouldn't be "sharing"??

The dude is creepy. The wives must be off of their rocker to WANT to "share".
When it comes to that...I am a bit of a germaphobe!
This is how I feel. As far as having other women to share household/children responsibilities with...that would be great, but sharing hubby..ahhhhhhh NO!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #92
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
Actually Janelle was the one using "aunts" on the school forms. Christine talked about proudly writing in "other mom."
Ah...OK. You're right. Thanks. I think I need a chart.
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #93
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Sorry...still don't get your point. Do you mean sexually attracted to each other? The women having bisexual relationships? Because they all seem to LIKE each other very much. I'm just not really sure what you're saying.
Yes I do while this may not be for everyone but I can see it being a better situation then just one person getting everything. At least this way all parties will be happy.

I see sister wives as a one sided relationship that is all about one person being happy and that is it. IF they all were in the relationship then it would be about all of them and not just one. I hope I'm typing this in a way that I get what I'm trying to say out in the right way. but who knows It maybe taken wrong anyway.

cheermom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #94
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislaney View Post
I really think he's creepy but he sure doesn't seem to have any problems finding women, wives, whatever?!?

He no prize for sure and IMO he just has "other women" and the OK to do so. Why not stay single and just date? why go on TV and then cry so many against your lifestyle? all weird to me
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #95
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
.Of course it is. It's not perfect, anymore than all those "regular" marriages, and in all these situations, there are choices."
When Meri says the only reason she is staying is for her daughter, no, it isn't working for her.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #96
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
I am sorry but this statement of hurting the kids is a cop out and is over abused today. Same sex couples shouldn't adopt because it will hurt the kid, families shouldn't adopt babies of a different race because it is hurting the children, single parents are hurting their kids, working parents are hurting their kids, the list can go on and on.

What people really mean to say is "I don't agree with what you are doing so I am going to say you are hurting the children instead of admitting I am being judgemental."
You mean, that's what YOU perceive it as. Sorry, but you have no right whatsoever to put words in my mouth.

No cop out here, I definitely believe that the children are hurt by this arrangement. There is no way on this earth that I can possibly believe that it is good for boys to be reared in such a way that they think this is how they should live, and I for SURE don't think it's healthy for girls to believe that this is how they should be expected to live. I agree with those who think the situation is demeaning to women, and it saddens me greatly.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #97
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post
Yes I do while this may not be for everyone but I can see it being a better situation then just one person getting everything. At least this way all parties will be happy.

I see sister wives as a one sided relationship that is all about one person being happy and that is it. IF they all were in the relationship then it would be about all of them and not just one. I hope I'm typing this in a way that I get what I'm trying to say out in the right way. but who knows It maybe taken wrong anyway.
It isn't all about one person being happy. He doesn't appear any happier than the women do. And sex with a man isn't all about the man. ??? They ARE getting something out of the relationship, sexually. And sex is hardly ALL there is to relationships. So I guess I'm just not getting your point. So be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
When Meri says the only reason she is staying is for her daughter, no, it isn't working for her.
Really?? I must've missed that, where she said that THE ONLY REASON SHE IS STAYING is for her daughter. I didn't get that impression in the least, and I don't recall her saying that either. I'll have to look back at it when I get a chance. But I'll say this...I'm sure that many people...I HOPE that many people...stay to work out issues in the relationships when there are children involved, and don't just leave when things get tough.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #98
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
It isn't all about one person being happy. He doesn't appear any happier than the women do. And sex with a man isn't all about the man. ??? They ARE getting something out of the relationship, sexually. And sex is hardly ALL there is to relationships. So I guess I'm just not getting your point. So be it. Really?? I must've missed that, where she said that THE ONLY REASON SHE IS STAYING is for her daughter. I didn't get that impression in the least, and I don't recall her saying that either. I'll have to look back at it when I get a chance. But I'll say this...I'm sure that many people...I HOPE that many people...stay to work out issues in the relationships when there are children involved, and don't just leave when things get tough.

She said it last season.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #99
handinpocket
DIS Veteran

It is my job as a parent to judge. I freely judge and admit it. I don't want my children thinking a deviant lifestyle is ok, so I judge and share my judgement with my children. I can't imagine why they would want to parade their lives on TV and be "circus freaks", because that is basically what they are.
handinpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #100
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

I thought the question was would you do this again (cable came and switched out my box today, so I can't go back and look).

Maybe we won't know if they meant live this lifestyle or go public. I guess it could have been taken either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
Sorry, but the question was about the way they shared their lifestyle with the world; and Christine didn't know if she would go public in that manner again. She appears to be very happy in her role as third wife, stay at home mom..

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
DMRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #101
jemgumby
DIS Veteran

Well for all you who say as long as they are not hurting anyone then you are okay with it. Well, their lifestyle is hurting not only those poor insecure women but also their children. It is making women look like property and not valued property at that. It is teaching the children that men are superior and more valued because there are not multiple husbands only multiple wives. In my opinion they are ALL sick from the creepy husband who thinks it is okay to have more than one wife to the sick creepy women who thinks it is okay to share a husband.....completely disgusting. Yes I will judge because it is WRONG! Also you cannot compare two gay parents to this. The point is the gay couple are in a monogamous relationship where they mutually respect each other by only being with each other. In that case they are raising that child to see a healthy respectful relationship. I have no problem with that.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #102
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!

I am interested, so I watch. I do think Kody is a creeper and he looks better with short hair..so lose the locks, Kodster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlver View Post
I have a hard time beleiving that the ladies dont get jealous
They seem pretty jealous if you ask me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyScraps View Post
I think it's sick. Years ago a bunch of dirty old men came up with the concept of having multiple wives and then convinced some gullible folk to go along with it saying it was their religion!

Lisa
I couldn't agree with the above more!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmom29 View Post
Why is it always sister wives and not "brother husbands"???
See above@

I don't recall Meri ever saying her dd is the only reason she stays, even tho she may have. It just doesn't make sense tho. She is the one that has picked the other sister wives to add in.
Janell looked pregnant to me last night. I know she is a big girl tho, and she probably isn't....
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #103
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
I thought the question was would you do this again (cable came and switched out my box today, so I can't go back and look).

Maybe we won't know if they meant live this lifestyle or go public. I guess it could have been taken either way.
I thought the question was whether they regret going public. Based on their answers "I'm tired of hiding" "I don't want to be afraid anymore" that would make sense. Christine said she didn't know. She seems most bothered by the attention and negative effects this is having on the family. However, she has never seemed opposed to the plural lifestyle.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #104
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
I thought the question was whether they regret going public. Based on their answers "I'm tired of hiding" "I don't want to be afraid anymore" that would make sense. Christine said she didn't know. She seems most bothered by the attention and negative effects this is having on the family. However, she has never seemed opposed to the plural lifestyle.
Forgot to add in my other post, regarding them going public..I bet a lot of it had to do with money. Hard for most to say "no" to a reasonable amount of money. Does anyone know what they get paid per show????
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #105
disfan07
DIS Veteran

I havent seen any of the interviews with them but if any of them really thought they could do this show and NOT have legal issues or NOT have it cause some major controversy that could harm their family in some way, they are all incredibly naive.

All of the legal issues and anything else that is happening is their fault. They brought it on themeselves so I don't get why any of them should be surprised at all.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: