Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #76
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytobug View Post
I thought that the question was about whether they would go public again or not. not whether they would want sister wives? Christine loves the situation. She loves staying home and she loves being with any of the children.
No the question was would you choose this life again
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #77
Magic Mom
EVERYONE has the God given right to a vacation here
I did have to go there
And the end reward is my in laws
 
Magic Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: here
Posts: 9,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
I just can't help but disagree. I believe they are hurting their children. I disagree with the whole thing vehemently, but if only adults were involved, that would be their choice. However, it isn't only adults - there are children being reared this way.



^^ This...
I agree. It's not good for the kids. And to the other PP....FTR that's not a cop out, THAT'S what I mean to say. It hurts the kids.
__________________
Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est ......
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Magic Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #78
missypie
Has an outlet for romance
Learn to space out, while smiling and nodding
NO ONE looks chic at Disneyworld!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: north Texas
Posts: 9,197

Quote:
It seems to me that they care less about Kody and more about having tons of female companionship and lots of little kids running around. Sharing a hubby is the sacrifice that they make in order to have that kind of super-big family.
I agree. When I watch it I think "but for [creepy idiot] Kody, these women would have a terrific arrangement"...sharing a large house, sharing child care, cooking, etc.

Do you think they were genuinely surprised that there would be a reaction once they did a reality show, went on the talk shows in NY? They invited all the attention.
missypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #79
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran
 
shinysparklybubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey and proud of it!
Posts: 3,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashbin View Post
When it comes to that...I am a bit of a germaphobe!
Funniest line I have ever read on here! Tag fairy needs to get some action on that one!!
shinysparklybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #80
hereyago
DIS Veteran
 
hereyago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,180

I have never met anyone "all that "that I would do that. and he is a hypocrate, a while back one of the "wives" made a comment about what if she had 3 or 4 husbands and he said something to the effect he would be disqusted by it .
hereyago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #81
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
 
MaryAnnDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RGBBLA
Posts: 15,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
I am sorry but this statement of hurting the kids is a cop out and is over abused today. Same sex couples shouldn't adopt because it will hurt the kid, families shouldn't adopt babies of a different race because it is hurting the children, single parents are hurting their kids, working parents are hurting their kids, the list can go on and on.

What people really mean to say is "I don't agree with what you are doing so I am going to say you are hurting the children instead of admitting I am being judgemental."
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen2PrincessG View Post
The idea of "DEALING" with feelings of jealous is crazy to me. They are upset because deep down they know what he is doing to them is wrong and the sadder part is that the are allowing it and allowing their daughters to see this lifestyle and think it's ok.
You know what they're thinking HOW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
At the end when the ladies were asked if they would do it again live that lifestyle they were all like yup. expect for Christine and she was like I dunno I really don't like she wasn't happy, I wonder if shes not thinking about leaving
No, that is not what she said. They were talking about COMING OUT again...would they have gone public, knowing what they know now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
A lot of you have said "I won't judge... as long as they are happy" but the thing to me is, they don't seem happy at all. I think they all seem pretty tense and often miserable. There are jealousy issues, insecurity, fear, ect. So, I'm gonna go ahead and judge, and I'm gonna call it wrong. It doesn't seem like a good way to live. The only one who seems to have it made is the husband. He has everything he wants.
Then don't live it. Happy isn't everything, and it certainly doesn't split groups into happy married people and unhappy "other situation" people. It also doesn't determine if an arrangement is OK. And honestly, they seem generally happy to me. Life isn't one hilarious moment after another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
The beauty of it is, this is their life and their choice and if they are not happy they can do what they need to do to change it. Just because one doesn't agree in something doesn't mean it is wrong. If it works for all parties involved then it is right!
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
All well and good, but it isn't working for all parties involved.
Of course it is. It's not perfect, anymore than all those "regular" marriages, and in all these situations, there are choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post
I don't think I could do a marriage like that. That is too weird for me. I don't like that guy either, my dh said the same thing.

The thing that got me was that he just expects the other wives to go along with everything he wants and it is centered around what HE wants!

I could never be in a situation where it is all about one person. Now I could understand it better if they all came together and decided this was the one for all involved if you know what I mean? Then that would mean that all parties agree and are attracted to each other and will do things together as a good relationship TOGETHER!

He has what 4 separate marriages right? I could not do that. I hope everyone is understanding what I'm saying.
"Don't think" you could have a marriage like that? I KNOW I couldn't. I haven't read one person stating here that it was right for them; just that they're not going to judge what's right for anyone else.

As far as bringing the 4th wife into the family, I don't think there was an official vote, but it seems like they all were in agreement about it, EVEN THO there were some jealousies and adjustments involved. I'm not sure what you mean by all of them should be "attracted" to each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
Well I call Bull! All this live and let live at some point becomes absurd. I WILL judge. It weird, its odd and its not natural for women to "share" a husband that way. That's how I see it in my world, so I will go with how I feel about it. Can't see how any sane woman can have any sense of self-worth or self-esteem in a situation like this.
They seem like very confident, very together women, who have chosen a lifestyle different than yours or mine. I LOVE your "its (sic) not natural" line. My 87 year old mother used that line about women going to women gynecologists LOL, married priests (she didn't want to think about them doing "that"..."Geez Mom, do you think about ME doing "that"?" LOL), and homosexuals (because all the heterosexuals in our family were so "normal"...NOT!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytobug View Post
I thought that the question was about whether they would go public again or not. not whether they would want sister wives? Christine loves the situation. She loves staying home and she loves being with any of the children.
You're correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
No the question was would you choose this life again
You are incorrect.
__________________
MaryAnnDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #82
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!
 
cheermom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 3,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I agree.You know what they're thinking HOW? No, that is not what she said. They were talking about COMING OUT again...would they have gone public, knowing what they know now. Then don't live it. Happy isn't everything, and it certainly doesn't split groups into happy married people and unhappy "other situation" people. It also doesn't determine if an arrangement is OK. And honestly, they seem generally happy to me. Life isn't one hilarious moment after another.I agree.Of course it is. It's not perfect, anymore than all those "regular" marriages, and in all these situations, there are choices."Don't think" you could have a marriage like that? I KNOW I couldn't. I haven't read one person stating here that it was right for them; just that they're not going to judge what's right for anyone else.

As far as bringing the 4th wife into the family, I don't think there was an official vote, but it seems like they all were in agreement about it, EVEN THO there were some jealousies and adjustments involved. I'm not sure what you mean by all of them should be "attracted" to each other. They seem like very confident, very together women, who have chosen a lifestyle different than yours or mine. I LOVE your "its (sic) not natural" line. My 87 year old mother used that line about women going to women gynecologists LOL, married priests (she didn't want to think about them doing "that"..."Geez Mom, do you think about ME doing "that"?" LOL), and homosexuals (because all the heterosexuals in our family were so "normal"...NOT!)You're correct. You are incorrect.
I mean what I said attracted to each other! IF EVERYONE was attracted to each other it would a whole relationship and not 4 separate marriages.
__________________
Linda dh dd18 DS 17 stepson ss16 ss15 ss12

cheermom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #83
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors
 
eliza61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 18,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
I am sorry but this statement of hurting the kids is a cop out and is over abused today. Same sex couples shouldn't adopt because it will hurt the kid, families shouldn't adopt babies of a different race because it is hurting the children, single parents are hurting their kids, working parents are hurting their kids, the list can go on and on.

What people really mean to say is "I don't agree with what you are doing so I am going to say you are hurting the children instead of admitting I am being judgemental."
r
Remember the guy in Louisana last summer who refused to marry interracial couples because "it would hurt any children" they had.

I totally agree, whenever we don't like a life style the first thing we do is pull the "kid" card.
__________________
"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." ...John Adams
eliza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #84
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...
 
M5ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
No the question was would you choose this life again
Sorry, but the question was about the way they shared their lifestyle with the world; and Christine didn't know if she would go public in that manner again. She appears to be very happy in her role as third wife, stay at home mom.

While their lifestyle is not for me, I don't find it "weird," I just find it different. It seems to work for them. Yes, they have their issues, but don't we all? Their children seem well cared for and happy..yes, there are a lot of them, but there are a lot of Duggars too. This (combined) family supports itself and doesn't rely on government (your money and mine) assistance. I do agree with some posters that Kody is a little..out there? Certainly not my type, but to each his/her own.

It's not my place to judge them, and I won't. They appear happy,healthy, and focused on their family.
__________________
Michele Second star to the right and straight on until morning!



Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #85
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
 
MaryAnnDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RGBBLA
Posts: 15,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post
I mean what I said attracted to each other! IF EVERYONE was attracted to each other it would a whole relationship and not 4 separate marriages.
Sorry...still don't get your point. Do you mean sexually attracted to each other? The women having bisexual relationships? Because they all seem to LIKE each other very much. I'm just not really sure what you're saying.
__________________
MaryAnnDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #86
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I agree.You know what they're thinking HOW? No, that is not what she said. They were talking about COMING OUT again...would they have gone public, knowing what they know now. Then don't live it. Happy isn't everything, and it certainly doesn't split groups into happy married people and unhappy "other situation" people. It also doesn't determine if an arrangement is OK. And honestly, they seem generally happy to me. Life isn't one hilarious moment after another.I agree.Of course it is. It's not perfect, anymore than all those "regular" marriages, and in all these situations, there are choices."Don't think" you could have a marriage like that? I KNOW I couldn't. I haven't read one person stating here that it was right for them; just that they're not going to judge what's right for anyone else.

As far as bringing the 4th wife into the family, I don't think there was an official vote, but it seems like they all were in agreement about it, EVEN THO there were some jealousies and adjustments involved. I'm not sure what you mean by all of them should be "attracted" to each other. They seem like very confident, very together women, who have chosen a lifestyle different than yours or mine. I LOVE your "its (sic) not natural" line. My 87 year old mother used that line about women going to women gynecologists LOL, married priests (she didn't want to think about them doing "that"..."Geez Mom, do you think about ME doing "that"?" LOL), and homosexuals (because all the heterosexuals in our family were so "normal"...NOT!)You're correct. You are incorrect.
I would love to see proof of me being incorrect
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #87
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Christine, however, demurred. "I don't know," she said. "I don't know." Ten points for honesty, lady! This creative thinking and frank honesty is why we love Christine most, but do her doubts make her a bad sister wife, or even a bad woman? What did you think of the premiere, and more importantly, do you understand the wives' attraction to Kody?
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #88
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time
 
Cat0727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,473

I caught most of last night's episode. I didn't see the Today show interview when it aired but did Kody really stammer that much in response to Meridith's question? I'm going to have to find it and see. And I don't know why but I find Kody's hairstyle amusing.
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #89
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
 
MaryAnnDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RGBBLA
Posts: 15,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I would love to see proof of me being incorrect
Barring you and I being in the same room and watching the end of the show together, and my pointing it all out to you, you'll just have to watch it again, I guess.

They are clearly discussing whether they would have come out publicly again. Three of them said that they would, that they were tired of hiding, that they took a risk for their children, but they believed it would be worth it to them in the long-run; Meri said she was doing a lot of thinking since the investigation about whether or not she would do it again (come out) because of the fear she now has about being taken away from her family, or Kody being taken away, but would (come out) for the chance that this might change their futures...that their children or grandchildren would not grow up oppressed. Christine said she wasn't sure if it was worth it...the COMING OUT. She had some of the greatest fears about the impact of coming out and was the one using "aunts" to describe the other wives on school forms...just to make the situation less invasive and easier.
__________________
MaryAnnDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #90
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???
 
Conservative Hippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE Polk County, FL
Posts: 6,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Christine said she wasn't sure if it was worth it...the COMING OUT. She had some of the greatest fears about the impact of coming out and was the one using "aunts" to describe the other wives on school forms...just to make the situation less invasive and easier.
Actually Janelle was the one using "aunts" on the school forms. Christine talked about proudly writing in "other mom."
__________________
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: