Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #511
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Okay I'm trying to get this all straight but I'm confused. Janelle was married before Kody? And how many years were Kody and Meri married before Janelle came along? So Janelle worked in the state welfare department, didn't I read somewhere that they received state assistance?
I do know that Janelle's mother married Kody's father and Kody's mother was not really happy with it until now when they are close to each other.

Can you all imagine what would happen if this lifestyle was in practice everywhere? What chaos!

How did Kody meet Robyn. Also, it cracks me up. They all say they want a new "wife" to join the family then they are upset or jealous of her(Robyn). Why the heck do they keep pushing new wives if they only end up being upset in the end? Also isn't there some sort of relation with Christine and some other relative in the family or am I just thinking of the Kody Janelle thing?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #512
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Okay I'm trying to get this all straight but I'm confused. Janelle was married before Kody? And how many years were Kody and Meri married before Janelle came along? So Janelle worked in the state welfare department, didn't I read somewhere that they received state assistance?
Kody and Meri were married for 3 years I believe before Janelle and Kody were married. Of course they already knew her as she was married to Meri's brother.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #513
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCarrie View Post
Kody and Meri were married for 3 years I believe before Janelle and Kody were married. Of course they already knew her as she was married to Meri's brother.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #514
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I know earlier in the thread people were discussing the jewelry on their website. Meri post this today on twitter, it was in two tweets but I posting them together. (I omitted the link to their site.)

"@MeriBrown1: Thank you to all you amazing fans for your purchases from my sister wife's closet and thank you for your patience as some of the items are currently on back order. Who knew you all would love them so much?! Thank you!! "

Somebody seems to be buying. I wonder how many of each piece was produced?
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #515
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I know earlier in the thread people were discussing the jewelry on their website. Meri post this today on twitter, it was in two tweets but I posting them together. (I omitted the link to their site.)

"@MeriBrown1: Thank you to all you amazing fans for your purchases from my sister wife's closet and thank you for your patience as some of the items are currently on back order. Who knew you all would love them so much?! Thank you!! "

Probably just a few.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #516
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post

Maybe they are trying to create interest by making the jewelry seem hard to aquire.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #517
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjo68 View Post
Maybe they are trying to create interest by making the jewelry seem hard to aquire.
That was exactly my first thought.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #518
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

I just found this thread today.

I have been watching this show from the very beginning and have always liked it. Does anybody know when the new season is supposed to start?
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #519
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
I just found this thread today.

I have been watching this show from the very beginning and have always liked it. Does anybody know when the new season is supposed to start?
It started tonight. Anybody else not surprised about the jewelry business not taking off? I've looked at the stuff on the website and there's NOTHING there I'd wear, let alone buy.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #520
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandannette View Post
It started tonight. Anybody else not surprised about the jewelry business not taking off? I've looked at the stuff on the website and there's NOTHING there I'd wear, let alone buy.
Yup and it's expensive. And Utah doesn't seem the most receptive place to SW lifestyles. I think jewelry business would be a good home based business for Robyn but it shouldn't revolve around the SW theme.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #521
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCarrie View Post
Yup and it's expensive. And Utah doesn't seem the most receptive place to SW lifestyles. I think jewelry business would be a good home based business for Robyn but it shouldn't revolve around the SW theme.
I'm guessing that the idea was for the show's popularity to translate into sales (to, you know, the fans) but if many watch it like I do out of morbid fascination, they maybe don't find the characters "likeable", let alone want to endorse or identify with the lifestyle. (For the record, I find Christine likeable enough and could actually see myself being friends with Janelle. Meri and Robyn? Just ewww.)
Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #522
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

I looked at their website a long time ago. I don't remember the price but the stuff looked awful. Tonight's did look better but their website was down. Why is Mary always crying and for the life of her cannot make a decision? Janelle DOES work and acts like an important member of the sister wife thing. Christine is immature and thinks she does more than other women. Making faces and whining. Robyn cares about them and wants to keep it together. Kody is just having a hair swinging good ole time. I would sooo want to be going off to college and get out of the Cirque de Brown ASAP!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #523
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I was so not surprised the jewelry thing is not taking off. I don't think there is a huge market out there for sister wives themed jewelry. LOL And it's pretty pricey at that. The thing is, it's really Robyn's thing, Meri is just super supportive because she and Robyn are BFF's. Janelle is the one that has always worked, thrives in a working environment and just isn't a jewelry person anyway. She is the one I feel is most concerned with actually making a living in a real way. Christine is just bored and needs something to do, but again, jewelry is not her thing. Kody? He's just along for the ride with his wives. LOL

I'm looking forward to how things go with the new houses and how the figure out their income. I'm also really tired of the "will she or won't she" crap with Meri and Robyn and Meri having another baby. At 42, I think she really isn't into having a baby, but feels obligated to do so since Robyin offerred.

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #524
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjo68 View Post
Has to be that.

Who would want their jewelry - especially with their stories behind the pieces? Oh, this is the ring I gave to so and so. Who cares?! That makes me not want it even more (not that I would want it in the first place). Just sayin'.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #525
SLCborn
Mouseketeer

I live in SLC and happened to be near St. George so a friend and I went to that expo. I had no idea they were going to be there and was shocked to see them and their camera crew.

I looked at their jewelry (which it really bugged me they kept saying jewree) and some of it was ok but most of it just was not my style and it was definitely too expensive.

Their attitudes were very off putting and they almost seemed to be playing the "victim". I didn't see any happiness, joy, friendship or love between them. It felt forced, strained, uncomfortable and awkward most of the time I was there. I think we spent about 10 min looking at the jewelry and listening to their "pitch" but it was a long 10 min for sure. I was glad to leave!
SLCborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: