Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #466
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

I used to like this show but now I just find it annoying. Meri is a wretch. Why doesn't anyone tell her to take a seat already. Sure, I feel terrible that she wanted more children and couldn't have them but that doesn't mean she can play that card to get everything that the parent who actually does have those children gets. Clearly a Mother with 6 kids needs more than a Mother with one grown child. Not saying she should be relegated to a bedroom in someone's basement but she is a very selfish woman.

There is nothing Sister Wife imo about this family. They are all imo just baby mamas. The women barely tolerate each other. Kody looks like he has had enough of Meri's nonsense. He can barely contain his annoyance with her and rightly so. I used to like her but I now see what she is really like. She is not nice and very selfish. They all get the same budget? Really? Why not divide it per person and that is what each household gets? Why do the 3 wives with tons of kids have to have the same budget as the wife with one grown child? That is just stupid. What kind of Mother would take all that extra money when the others clearly need it? Selfish.

On another note- Christine looked great last night. I would have loved to see what they talked about when the cameras weren't rolling. Christine was breaking out in hives down her neck.
Janelle also looked really pretty. In fact they all looked nice but Meri is a mean girl. YMMV.
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #467
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
I used to like this show but now I just find it annoying. Meri is a wretch. Why doesn't anyone tell her to take a seat already. Sure, I feel terrible that she wanted more children and couldn't have them but that doesn't mean she can play that card to get everything that the parent who actually does have those children gets. Clearly a Mother with 6 kids needs more than a Mother with one grown child. Not saying she should be relegated to a bedroom in someone's basement but she is a very selfish woman.

There is nothing Sister Wife imo about this family. They are all imo just baby mamas. The women barely tolerate each other. Kody looks like he has had enough of Meri's nonsense. He can barely contain his annoyance with her and rightly so. I used to like her but I now see what she is really like. She is not nice and very selfish. They all get the same budget? Really? Why not divide it per person and that is what each household gets? Why do the 3 wives with tons of kids have to have the same budget as the wife with one grown child? That is just stupid. What kind of Mother would take all that extra money when the others clearly need it? Selfish.

On another note- Christine looked great last night. I would have loved to see what they talked about when the cameras weren't rolling. Christine was breaking out in hives down her neck.
Janelle also looked really pretty. In fact they all looked nice but Meri is a mean girl. YMMV.
I agree with everything you said. If they all feel that the children are all of theirs, then why would Meri insist on a wet bar while Janelle's children share rooms? I like Christine and Janelle the best.
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #468
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

Did anyone notice that the Robyn's baby was wearing headphones when she went into the office with Meri?
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #469
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
Did anyone notice that the Robyn's baby was wearing headphones when she went into the office with Meri?
I noticed.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #470
Mouse House Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
Maybe the poor kid was so tired of listening to Meri complain that he begged his Mom for headphones so he wouldn't have to hear it.
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Old 12-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #471
Mouse House Mama

Oh and I did want to add- If I had to be around these synchronized criers I would lose my mind! Good Lord! Kleenex should be their sponsor!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #472
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMickey View Post
They make 75k per adult per episode.
Proof.

The general consensus is they get $50K per episode or $10K per adult per episode.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #473
Claudia1

Torments DISers with choc. chip cookie escapades
Step AWAY from the cake, ma'am!

I thought Janelle was very, very pretty during the "after show" interviews. She looked happy, too.

Couldn't stomach all of the time the finale spent on Kody's hair.
Claudia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #474
dismom2005
Mouseketeer

I just cannot bring myself to watch this show, and have a very hard time convincing myself to even try after reading posts here that they cry poverty yet keep popping out children. Ugh.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #475
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

I am in the minority but I do not think Meri should get so much less than the other wives. She is a wife and should get equal treatment. Should Kody only spend time with the women who can have kids?

Meri has as many kids as Robin does from Kody. Just because she brought in three from another man does not mean she gets more.

I believe everything should be split four ways, just like they do the husband.

Once the kids start to marry and have kids, there will be a real need for more rooms and Meri is the only one who can house the older married kids with their own children.

The wet bar is an odd request but I agree with her on the sliding glass door. I would not have one in our home. They are poorly insulated, easy to break into and not pretty.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #476
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post

I can't believe he asked Christine to give Meri some extra $, I think my head would have exploded.
Just me, but the minute he did that I would have offered my surplus to JANELLE for her concrete pad!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #477
leight
Making out in the halls in high school was a necessity

Yup its a train wreck that I can't stop watching!

Meri was quite annoying this season. I didn't get her qualification that a wet bar was for the extra counter space? It has a big sink in the middle (if its like the model they showed) so how does that give extra counter space for entertaining? Do what I do- buy a folding table and use it for a buffet,serving table or for extra dining when entertaining. Spend a couple hundred bucks on different table cloths and you're decorating it your way . Or buy a prefab (or custom kitchen island) later that would be less than adding on the rooms she had to get to get the wetbar. What was she thinking? On the other hand- I don't think that splitting the budget 4 ways is inappropriate- to be inthat culdesac together they had to have a specific choice of home designs and a small 3 bedroom with all of Meri's luxuries wasn't an option. And I guess that she probably realizes that if she doesn't get what she wants now- they will have to use extra funds for college and taking care of the family after the tv gig ends- so that even makes a little sense. I just don't get some of the things that are important to her....

I thought Christine handled the suggestion of sharing her budget with Meri by Cody with a lot of grace.

I thought all of the ladies looked lovely during the after interview- Janelle and Christine in particular (or maybe it was just because they weren't wearing shirts under no sleeve shirts?) and Janelle did look very content. I liked how she said that once she got past worrying that she would get all that she needed she didn't care what Meri wanted. The tension regarding the early years was interesting but realistic. I still like their family as a whole- and there does seem to be a lot of love and respect that the kids have for their siblings, themselves and their parents and that says a lot, I think.

Now Kody's hair issues....too annoying

dhmedd13dd 112.59
leight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #478
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemk76 View Post
I am in the minority but I do not think Meri should get so much less than the other wives. She is a wife and should get equal treatment. Should Kody only spend time with the women who can have kids?

But isn't their whole argument for pro plural marriage based on them being one big family, not 4 seperate families that share a man? Being one big family means sharing the resources and sacrificing for one another. Doing what's best for the group should be top priority. Unless, of course, you are Meri.

Even when they split it evenly. she STILL couldn't stay on budget. The other wives, with 5 times as many kids each, were more than willing to work within the budgets set up for them, Meri was the only one who went over. She acted like a spoiled, selfish princess and it left a horrible impression. Even my 15 year old dd said "wow, she whines a lot, she needs to get over herself." LOL
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #479
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

The bankruptcy applications are interesting.

Janelle claimed to spend $50 a month on food and $45 a month for charitable contributions. What-the-heck.

I agree about the drama about the houses and the financing is stale. We're not dumb. We all know the show has allowed them to build four large new homes.
I also agree that the next season's drama will be about Meri's big decision. They will drag it out and suck that one dry for all it's worth.

I also wonder why the older kids do not go out and get jobs to contribute to the household.
Do any of the kids play in team sports or do any other activities? Seems like all they do is hang around the house.

I don't know why I keep watching this show....nothing ever happens and the constant weeping is driving me insane.

Wet bar...<eye roll>
Old 12-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #480
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse
The bankruptcy applications are interesting.

Janelle claimed to spend $50 a month on food and $45 a month for charitable contributions. What-the-heck.

I agree about the drama about the houses and the financing is stale. We're not dumb. We all know the show has allowed them to build four large new homes.
I also agree that the next season's drama will be about Meri's big decision. They will drag it out and suck that one dry for all it's worth.

I also wonder why the older kids do not go out and get jobs to contribute to the household.
Do any of the kids play in team sports or do any other activities? Seems like all they do is hang around the house.

I don't know why I keep watching this show....nothing ever happens and the constant weeping is driving me insane.

Wet bar...<eye roll>
Hunter for sure plays football (he couldn't go on the trip because he had camp!) and I thought Logan played basketball!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: