Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #451
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I have to say, I like the show and I like the wives (Cody is annoying and I suspect I'd enjoy beating him but that's another story lol) but I have to say that if Christine was indeed getting food stamps until 2010, that makes me want to barf.

Food stamps are a good thing but when you are on them, you should stop having kids, stop looking for my wives and more kids and stop a lot of the things they do. Cody has some snazzy convertible and they are on food stamps?

Bottom line, the problem I have with this lifestyle of polygamy is that its basically impossible for one man to support that many wives and children.

Even when they lived in the one house, the utilities, food, clothing and everything else needed to run that house was far beyond any man or woman to sustain. Especially a pinhead like Cody.

When he said recently to Meri (I'll have more kids) I wanted to scream because he has many kids, several of whom are on the brink of college and a new baby that will have him supporting kids into his golden years. And he wants and assumes he will have more?

I have been thinking for some time this whole Meri/baby thing is just for dramatic purposes. They drag it out soap opera style. I haven't seen somthing drag out this long since Pam and Bobby Ewing were trying to decide to stay married or split up!

I doubt I'll ever stop watching it, but as things go on, its getting harder not to judge them.

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #452
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

I couldn't believe when Kody told Meri he was having more kids. I think that was a big slap in the face. Why didn't he just tell her that Robin's going to keep popping out kids for him, becuase you know that's what he meant since I'm pretty sure Janelle's done and Christine has mentioned before that Truley was going to be her last.

But you never know, Robin's sister could be auditioning to be wife #5. Kody obviously needs more wives like Robin that will kiss his butt since I think that wives 1-3 are starting to catch the stench of loser on him.
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #453
lvloopingbag
DIS Veteran

Don't forget the season finale is on tonight at 9 PM EST!
lvloopingbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #454
SLP958
DIS Veteran

Meri is going over the edge tonight!
SLP958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #455
ORMom2Four
DIS Veteran

If $4K over budget on the house is such a huge issue, how in the world can they afford to send Logan to live in a dorm?
ORMom2Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #456
Claudia1

Torments DISers with choc. chip cookie escapades
Step AWAY from the cake, ma'am!

Does anybody know if they got in their houses by Christmas?
Claudia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #457
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Meri, Meri, Meri. Drama queen, the longer this goes on the less I like her. Do any of us believe that she really wants to start over with a baby right now? No, she just clings to it and plays "infertility" as a sympathy card, disguising!

I can't believe he asked Christine to give Meri some extra $, I think my head would have exploded.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #458
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

I felt so bad for Christine, the fact that Kody even made the comment about saving the extra money for Meri was ridiculous! I don't care if it was a "joke" or not, he would be in the dog house with me. Christine shouldn't get punished because she stayed under budget.

Watching the aftershow interviews now. Is it just me or is Kody wearing more makeup than his wives!

Last edited by MinnieLovesMickey; 12-30-2012 at 11:45 PM.
MinnieLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #459
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

One of the things that was said on the after-show rang true - I think Meri wants another baby just to keep Kody's attention. Someone said something to the effect that if she doesn't have kids at home Kody won't spend as much time with her.

I don't get why all the wives think his long hair is so attractive. I have to say that the one brief photo they showed with him having a buzz cut didn't look that bad.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #460
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

I'm pretty blown away by Meri's selfishness. They say they are in plural marriage "for the family" yet she is squandering resources on herself that could and SHOULD go to the wives with bigger families to support. All three of the other wives were more than reasonable, easygoing even, about the options for their houses. They have X amount of dollars to spend so they worked within that budget. Seeing Meri act like such a child, then bring Robyn in for backup and cry when she was called on it, was utterly ridiculous. What a drama queen.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #461
CouchBobbyCouch
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up My very first post....

Just watched the season finale, I love this show, but Meri really hit a nerve with me tonight. I am having difficulty understanding why she feels the need to live above her means when all the other sister wives who have several more children know their limits financially and have made the needed cutbacks to stay within budget. Meri USED to be my favorite but this season has given me a less than attractive perception of her. She has been very needy, greedy and whiny and it is a shame. It also bothers me that they all seem to start so many things and never follow through with them, the losing weight issue especially, but all in all I love the show and hope Meri will acquire a better attitude, she, Christine and Janelle will lose some weight,get fit, and try to fix up a little, makeup and stylish clothes or a makeover would be a fun thing for these ladies.
CouchBobbyCouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #462
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

I actually though Janelle looked happier(?) on last night's show. She looked prettier, smiled & talked more than usual. Hope things are getting better for her.
I wonder about the relationship between Meri & Robyn. They are usually always side by side & Robyn seems to just adore Meri, lol. And I think Meri likes that someone looks up to her.

Book Challenge Goal 55/72

willowsnn3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #463
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORMom2Four View Post
If $4K over budget on the house is such a huge issue, how in the world can they afford to send Logan to live in a dorm?
Good POINT!! However, Janelle has 6 kids so when he applied for college they would take that into consideration and she would get assistance to some extent because her income would be adjusted. That does not mean that he gets a free ride and living 1/2 hour away is stupid if they cannot afford it. How come the kids who are old enough do not have jobs?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #464
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Just curious, how much money do you think they all get for doing the show? I know Honey boo boo (makes me sick to just write it) wanted 10K per episode.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #465
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360
Just curious, how much money do you think they all get for doing the show? I know Honey boo boo (makes me sick to just write it) wanted 10K per episode.
They make 75k per adult per episode.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: