Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #376
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae

look away.. look way. Oh crap I DVR'd it

Kae
Oh I need to see when it repeats!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #377
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby
Wonders where wife #5 will fall into the line up
When ratings start to go down?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #378
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I don't know if we discussed this but can someone explain to me the quote Cody says at the start of the show? Love should be multiplied not divided? Umm isn't having 4 wives dividing your love and time?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #379
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae

look away.. look way. Oh crap I DVR'd it

Kae
Me too! This lifestyle is very interesting to me. Part of me thinks I could probably do it too, because I really want a family and the husband is an after thought to me. I don't get along with a lot of women though lol.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #380
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by packofjedis View Post
I was pretty annoyed with the 2nd episode on Sunday. It seemed to me like it was a big whiney gimme gimme show. Oh poor us, we need this money to buy our 4 giant homes. So you need to purchase from us.

Huh???!!!

& I guess they expected people to log onto the website immediately when it was launched and start tossing everything in their cart and check out really fast?? How bizarre.

And when they laughed at Meri reading the comment that everything was overpriced? Um it is....you're trying to make too much profit off of stuff that doesn't appeal to the mainstream audience.
I thought the exact same thing. It was like they were asking you to please buy their stuff because they have all these expenses they need to cover.Like thats my problem?

And, while we're on the subject of Merri,what is it with those layered tops she wears? She always seems to have some type of sweater on with a spaghetti strap top over it. JMHO but I think its soooo frumpy!

Karen
Old 12-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #381
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I dvr'd it. I watched the episode today. I had to checkout their site. I didnt think their items are my style. Actually I'd be surprised if they made any profit, i just didnt care for any piece. The only one that stood out was the hands making a heart but those are some scarey hands-lol!

I like watching but cody really gets on my nerves. Someone please tell him he';s not HOT or SEXY. Drives me nuts when he runs his fingers through his hair -yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #382
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi View Post
I thought the exact same thing. It was like they were asking you to please buy their stuff because they have all these expenses they need to cover.Like thats my problem?

And, while we're on the subject of Merri,what is it with those layered tops she wears? She always seems to have some type of sweater on with a spaghetti strap top over it. JMHO but I think its soooo frumpy!

Karen
Pretty sure they all dress in accord with their religion's value for modesty (remember the episodes with them in big t-shirts and bike shorts instead of swim suits?), which I respect, but it's not particularly flattering. I don't expect that adding "fashions" to their store will be a big winner for them.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #383
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I'm just so curious if that jewelry is really selling much. I guess there is no way to find out. I doubt they would admit that the site isn't doing well. Has anyone found out anything? No one is raving about it on the internet.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #384
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandannette View Post
Pretty sure they all dress in accord with their religion's value for modesty (remember the episodes with them in big t-shirts and bike shorts instead of swim suits?), which I respect, but it's not particularly flattering. I don't expect that adding "fashions" to their store will be a big winner for them.
Yes, it is for modesty. But, why wear spaghetti straps with another shirt under it? Just wear 1 shirt! Like a shirt that buttons all the way up or a turtleneck!

Last edited by lucas; 12-19-2012 at 09:32 PM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #385
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

i went on utube the other night to look up the first season and yes the dog was in the first show - i remember the show but not the dog - prob because he wasn't in other shows or maybe just 1 or 2

they all seemed pretty normal back then except the multi wife thing but if you didn't know that you would think everything was "normal"

meri had a job and was going to school - obviously she didn't finish in Utah but why not continue in LV?

Jenelle was working her butt off and christine was pergnant or just had the baby can't remember.

i can see why they don't want one huge compound in LV - they dont really consider it home even if they say its home i doubt it and i;m convinced they would love to move back to utah and if they built a huge home with 20 bedrooms who would want to buy that

now 4 years later none of them work and meri has turned into this whinny toddler waaaaa waaaa waaaa i wanted kids and only had one waaaa waaa waaaa i feel i deserve just as much as everyone else waaaaa waaaaa waaaa my house needs a friggen wet bar for god knows why waaaa waaaa i hate sliding doors and refuse to get them even though the others are

I"M BETTER THEN THEM AND IM THE FIRS WIFE SO I DESERVE IT

as far as i'm concerned that's meri's chef complaint is that she's the "wife" and why shouldn't she get a huge home even though it's just her 5 days out of the week. lets face it her kid is going off to college next year and finding her own why so tell me why does she need 5 flippen bedrooms not 2 or 3 tops????? none of the kids are going to sleep at her house when their bedroom is across the street. kids don't do that and even if they did it woulnd't be ALL of them just 1 or 2 at one time so 2 extra bedrooms is plenty for her kid and a guest room.

that's what blow up mattresses are for.

jennell seems to be the only level headed one there - she's the only one who is concerned with the finances and seems to be the only one willing to cut back - meri coudn't and wouldn't cut back on anything if her life dependend on it. a far cry from season 1 where she actually had a goal and was working towards it.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #386
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post

now 4 years later none of them work and meri has turned into this whinny toddler waaaaa waaaa waaaa i wanted kids and only had one waaaa waaa waaaa i feel i deserve just as much as everyone else waaaaa waaaaa waaaa my house needs a friggen wet bar for god knows why waaaa waaaa i hate sliding doors and refuse to get them even though the others are
Good one!

And, you are right on all other points, too!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #387
mjantz
DIS Veteran

I don't know that a 2-3 BR house is available in that area. She might be limited to a 4 or 5 bedroom.
mjantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #388
brockash
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I watched part of the other poly show last night "My Three Wives," and omg the Browns should send them a thank you note. They make the Browns and yes, even Kody, look so much more normal and down to earth and in my opinion likeable. I didn't finish watching "My 3 Wives," the dad just annoys me to no end and the daughter going into the more secluded, poly religious community/family just makes me feel so sad. The Browns seem 100% better when compared to this family in my opinion.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #389
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

I'm such a loser - I can't believe I'm still watching this show. I was looking for My 3 Wives but I'm not seeing it on the TV schedule. When is it on?

I agree with the comments on why they are tying to do these businesses. They don't seem to have any business background. I had to check out the website but frankly the jewelery is not to my taste and I think it looks cheap = although it is not priced cheap. I cringe at the thought of them doing clothing. I also don't understand why they are wearing those 3/4 sleeve shirts with a tank top or spaghetti strap shirt over the top.

I have to admit I cried like a baby when they put Drake to sleep, so sad!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #390
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Yes, it is for modesty. But, why wear spaghetti straps with another shirt under it? Just wear 1 shirt! Like a shirt that buttons all the way up or a turtleneck!
EXACTLY...Its such a frumpy, unattractive look.

Karen

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: