Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #346
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby
Ok in 4 years or seasons they never once mentioned having a dog now all of a sudden one appears and needs to be put to sleep

Did I miss seeing a dog in any show? I kept thinking back to all the full family get togethers in the different houses and back yards and just can't remember ever seeing that dog
If I remember right there was a dog (s) in Utah. They talked about it before they moved that they couldn't bring them with right away! Family members took care of them when they left!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #347
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

I remember that they had the dog in Utah and had to leave it behind. What a sad thing for all those kids. And Meri looked like she was just shipwrecked. I cried when they put the dog to sleep. I had to put my Minky down 20 months ago and I'm still not over it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #348
gator75
DIS Veteran

I also didn't know they had a dog. That was to bad when they had to try to decide to put him to sleep. Letting a pet go is never easy i had a beloved cat i had to put down due to cancer 2 years ago and i still think about him he was a great pet.
gator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #349
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

I rolled my eyes when the Browns launched their jewelry website.
Lots of looky-loos (like us here on the DIS) but no buyers.

Honestly, what did they expect? Who did they think their target was?
Only polygamist wives would buy it and how many of them actually have their own money to do that with. Or do patriarchs like "Papa Joe" buy in multiples for their wives as gifts?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #350
brockash
DIS Veteran

Did I see a commercial showing that the other poly family (one with the sisters and "Papa Joe") is getting their own show. Maybe called "My Three Wives"?????
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #351
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Ok this jewelry they are selling online … while I have no clue what its all about my question is … did they really think that selling jewelry online would support FOUR homes and assist in paying for their children's college tuitions?

Are.you.kidding.me?

If that really did happen in the REAL world I think every single one of us would be selling jewlery online. They were looking so devastated that no one (maybe 28?) bought jewelry. They need to go get REAL jobs. The jewlery selling can be extra income certainly NOT their main source of income.

****OH and yes, I did TOO … see a commerical for that family they went on vacation with the Browns to San Diego. I think they said this Tuesday night. Interesting!

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #352
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
If that really did happen in the REAL world I think every single one of us would be selling jewlery online. They were looking so devastated that no one (maybe 28?) bought jewelry. They need to go get REAL jobs. The jewlery selling can be extra income certainly NOT their main source of income.
Are any of them working except Kody? And why are they even thinking about a start up business in this economy? Seriously. Did I read somewhere that Las Vegas has the worse housing market in the country? I can't imagine how much it is costing them to build 4 brand new houses! Their plans sound pretty swank. It seems to me that they could move further outside of Las Vegas and build a really big home for all of them ,since they are missing the closeness that they had in Utah.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #353
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

They must be living off of the income from the show.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #354
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

Perhaps it should cross their mind at some time this is why having more than ONE wife is a bad idea. It wasn't intended to have to purchase four houses for your harem.
Pollyanna Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #355
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

I'm such a realist, I keep running the numbers in my head as far as qualifying for new home loans goes. Husband is employed and married to wife number one (who it seems to me used to work, at least part time), so I can see how they qualify.

Janelle has always been like the second husband/breadwinner, so I can see how she could possibly qualify.

But the last two are legally "single mothers" with multiple children each, and seemingly spotty work histories. What lending institution would lend them the downpayment on what has to be a 400K house?

The original preapproval numbers were 40% down, so do they have three quarters of a million dollars sitting around to use as downpayments (obviously not)? And they were going to be interest only "nontraditional" loans, so can you imagine the interest rate?

Even with the popularity of the show, it won't last forever (ask John and Kate). Better spend that $$ wisely!

And does anyone else find these women's love/longing for a new house "of their own" displacement for having to share a husband? I have never talked so adoringly about having a new house all of my own the way they all do. They're not going to have much time to spend raising all those kids if all of them have to be out hustling work to pay off all those huge mortgages!

I do like them and the show, it just all makes me shake my head...

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #356
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

I just read each adult gets paid $75,000 per episode.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #357
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Did I see a commercial showing that the other poly family (one with the sisters and "Papa Joe") is getting their own show. Maybe called "My Three Wives"?????
I saw the commercial...gotta say I it didn't surprise me. It seemed like they went on that vacation without even knowing each other so there was some ulterior motive for it....free commercial time for a new show.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #358
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

If this true then they should have all four homes paid off in one season and any additional money is bonus or them but they still need to get real jobs and quite wasting time and money on dream jobs

Not one of them is a designer so starting a jewellery business where they are proud to say "designed by" one of the woven is laughable

None of them are trainers or fit for that matter (not even Robyn is fit. Thin yes but she admits she doesn't work out) so they are crazy to think people would want to go to their gym

And none of them have even taken business courses and have no clue how to run a business.

The only thing that makes sense now is that 2 of them have their real estate license but good luck Christie. My brother is an agent here and works his tail off its bit a 9-5 job. In fact he often does business calls during family get togethers and Christmas because not every client celebrates Christmas, cares its New Years or Canada day. He has returned early from vacation because deals were on the verge of falling through. And when your talking about losing your commission vs staying at the beach in this financial climate it's a no brainier

So I hope her and jennelle are ready for it
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #359
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
DIS Official Rum Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
If this true then they should have all four homes paid off in one season and any additional money is bonus or them but they still need to get real jobs and quite wasting time and money on dream jobs

Not one of them is a designer so starting a jewellery business where they are proud to say "designed by" one of the woven is laughable

None of them are trainers or fit for that matter (not even Robyn is fit. Thin yes but she admits she doesn't work out) so they are crazy to think people would want to go to their gym

And none of them have even taken business courses and have no clue how to run a business.

The only thing that makes sense now is that 2 of them have their real estate license but good luck Christie. My brother is an agent here and works his tail off its bit a 9-5 job. In fact he often does business calls during family get togethers and Christmas because not every client celebrates Christmas, cares its New Years or Canada day. He has returned early from vacation because deals were on the verge of falling through. And when your talking about losing your commission vs staying at the beach in this financial climate it's a no brainier

So I hope her and jennelle are ready for it
Yeah, I just can't see her making a go of that. She couldln't even make time to study for the exam, how is she going to take care of the kids AND do all the running around that a good real estate person has to do? Didn't she used to do all the childcare for the little kids? The rest are in school, so they're taken care of. It seems to me that one of the women could turn their hand at keeping the little kids and the other 3 could go to work.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #360
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
I saw the commercial...gotta say I it didn't surprise me. It seemed like they went on that vacation without even knowing each other so there was some ulterior motive for it....free commercial time for a new show.
Yeah I agree on the commercial time for a new show.

I have no idea how Christine will be as a real estate agent. It is a job where you have to jump to the pump to make sales. Who is going to look after the little kids during the day when she has to show homes etc.

I really don't understand why they can't go out and get regular jobs in retail or something. Mary sews...surely there must be a fabric shop or something she can work in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: