Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #241
meloneyb21
DIS Veteran

I personally feel like Meri is being selfish. If it were me, I'd take the lesser of everything since I only have that one child. Of course I'm pretty sure she feels entitled since she IS the only legal wife.

8/1990 - Offsite 4/06 - CSR 5/09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 4/10 - Poly 8/11 - AKL 8/12 - AKL 6/14 - AKL
meloneyb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #242
tnmt
Mouseketeer

If they are worried about having enough room for their kids then they should quit having them, simple as that. They can share bedrooms with one another. That is what we did when we were little and we survived. Some of the kids can share a bed with mom. It's not like their dad is there at their home all the time.
tnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #243
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmt View Post
If they are worried about having enough room for their kids then they should quit having them, simple as that. They can share bedrooms with one another. That is what we did when we were little and we survived. Some of the kids can share a bed with mom. It's not like their dad is there at their home all the time.
Why do they need to go to Meri? To spend the night. It not logical that you say Meri needs a big house for kids she doesn't even have. Yet, the other can share rooms
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #244
meloneyb21
DIS Veteran

The kids should have more room where they LIVE. They can share rooms at Meri's. It's totally backwards.

8/1990 - Offsite 4/06 - CSR 5/09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 4/10 - Poly 8/11 - AKL 8/12 - AKL 6/14 - AKL
meloneyb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #245
Kae
DIS Veteran

they are not designing their own houses, I will bet that in that subdivsion the floor plans are 4 or 5 bedrooms plans I would be surprised if there is a 3 bedroom option.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #246
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

What did y'all think of Robin and the graduation scene? I think she didn't care that much about the kids graduation or she would have gone with everyone else. And what was Kody thinking leaving his oldest son's ceremony to look for 4th wife?

I told DH that Robin is kinda like that 4th meal at Taco Bell, you don't really need it and it kind of negates your other 3meals, but its pretty nice to have late āt night! Like a naughty indulgence.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #247
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
What did y'all think of Robin and the graduation scene? I think she didn't care that much about the kids graduation or she would have gone with everyone else. And what was Kody thinking leaving his oldest son's ceremony to look for 4th wife?

I told DH that Robin is kinda like that 4th meal at Taco Bell, you don't really need it and it kind of negates your other 3meals, but its pretty nice to have late āt night! Like a naughty indulgence.
LOL, too funny!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #248
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosFriend View Post
Anyone want to bring this thread back to life and discuss this season?? I am wondering what each of those houses cost they are buying! The income from the show must be buying them...
It doesn't appear that Kody has a job at all anymore, so it has to be money from the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
I was laughing at Meri's insistence on a wet bar when they don't even drink! 5 bedrooms and she has one child leaving for college in a year?!?!
She kept insisting that she had to have the 5th bedroom in order to get the "craft" room and wet bar. Why on earth doesn't she use one of the empty bedrooms as a craft room? The whole thing makes no sense.

The first couple of seaons the wives seemed happy and to all get along really well. Now they all seem unhappy, and it came out that Meri and Janelle have never liked each other and still don't get along. Have things changed that much, or have they always been unhappy and just edited it to look like they liked each other in the past? According to their book, Meri only likes Robin, and barely tolerates the others. I just wonder what the truth really is.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #249
n2dzny
Mickey fan all my life!!!!

Why did Robyn have to go to the parent/teacher conference? She didn't have kids @ that school, it was high school & her kids are much younger. She really annoys me..... But I'm glued
n2dzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #250
DisDreamsAshley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2dzny View Post
Why did Robyn have to go to the parent/teacher conference? She didn't have kids @ that school, it was high school & her kids are much younger. She really annoys me..... But I'm glued
I was wondering this too.

5/14 Pop * 11/13 Pop * 4/13 CSR * 12/12 POR * 4/12 CBR * 2011 POR * 2010 CSR * 2004 AKL * 1999 off site * 1996 WL * 1994 FW
DisDreamsAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #251
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2dzny
I don't get why any of the non biological moms went. Why couldn't just Cody and bio mom go and then bio mom fill them in?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #252
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I'm still torn on how money should be divided. Say their budget is $800,000 and the total family is 20 people, would it be fair to divide the budget by the number of people in their family? So Meri would get 2/20? If you did it that way, she'd be in a trailer and the rest living a lot better. But what is the point of her having a huge house if its empty?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #253
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
Too funny!

I like that they're focusing on the older kids this season. They are the most interesting part of the show to me.

I kind of see where Meri is coming from and why she would want to have space to entertain the rest of the family and house Mariah's (sure to be massive) family in the future. However, making present day financial decisions based on fantasies is never a good idea (and she could clearly do all that with fewer than 5 bedrooms). I think she needs a sit down with Suze Orman.

I was glad that Meri told Kody not to go off looking for Robyn (again) and risk missing seeing Logan graduate. If I were Janelle, I would have been fuming mad that he would risk not being there for Logan and for her. He didn't even look at her to share the moment. Also, I think his comments about Janelle needing to share the credit for Logan with Christine were phrased pretty insensitively. It's possible to give Christine credit without detracting from Janelle.

Clearly, there's more to it than just this, but I think that low self esteem really contributes to the wives' willingness to stay. I wondered what Janelle was referring to when she said that her life would have been totally different if she had had Madison's confidence as a teenager.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #254
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

I think she's referring to the fact that if she'd had some self esteem, she wouldn't be married to a stump like Cody, or in a poly marriage.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #255
brockash
DIS Veteran

I think I've decided that I think Meri should be logical and only get the 3 or 4 bedroom house without the wet bar. I really wasn't sure, but it just seems so illogical for her to have so many empty wasted rooms and space, especially when they're struggling.

I also don't think Meri really wants to have any more kids either; I just don't think she's ready to give up that "victim" role of not being capable of having anymore. I'm sure she did initially really want to have more, and I'm sure it was painful for her when she couldn't, but I think that time has passed for her. I think she had already accepted her life of being a bio mom to one child and one child only, and I think she's really okay with that, but now she's played that "poor me" card about not being able to have more so many times, that she feels pressured not to take Robyn up on her offer. Honestly, I really do think it has crossed her mind not to make a decision, especially if it's that she's not going to try, until after they're in the homes, to make her reasoning for having more space a little more valid.

I used to really like all of them, except Robyn. I still can't stand Robyn, but I'm really starting to wonder about Meri too at this point. I still like Jenelle and Christine quite a bit though.

I also agree with the pp about how Cody worded and talked about how Christine should really get more credit for Logan than Jenelle. There was a much classier, more sensitive way to explain that Christine had a large impact on Logan's life, without totally throwing Jenelle under the bus.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: