Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #196
missypie
Has an outlet for romance
Learn to space out, while smiling and nodding
NO ONE looks chic at Disneyworld!

Who watched the show after the show last night? I guess the show's editing did fool me, because I thought that the wives all liked each other, at least the first three. I had this idea that they should all just kick Kody out and raise their families together.

But I feel sad knowing they don't like each other all that much. I had been wondering why they didn't build one huge house instead of building a house for each wife. I guess they all want their own house, and don't want all that much together time.

Can you imagine being the young second wife and moving into the guest room of the first wife's house?

Not getting what the women get out of the life style.
missypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #197
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

I think Janelle and Meri are about the same age so it's not really fair to say the "young" 2nd wife moved in.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #198
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Them buying 4 new houses reminds me of when Jon and Kate bought their million dollar plus home. It's not even remotely close to "realilty tv" any more and even though I just started watching, I'm done. It's more like "let's get on TV and make a bunch of money, then watch us spend it."
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #199
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

I was trying to estimate how much money 4 houses would cost in LV. Anyone have any idea? Where did they get that much money? I also always wonder what Janelle's "career" was when she was in Utah.

As for the Sister Wives Jewelry...ahhh it looks a little like the open heart that Jane Seymore designed. And like I do not know about anyone else but the style does not look killer to me. How much money do you all estimate they get for doing the show?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #200
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
I was trying to estimate how much money 4 houses would cost in LV. Anyone have any idea? Where did they get that much money? I also always wonder what Janelle's "career" was when she was in Utah.

As for the Sister Wives Jewelry...ahhh it looks a little like the open heart that Jane Seymore designed. And like I do not know about anyone else but the style does not look killer to me. How much money do you all estimate they get for doing the show?
I'm sure prices are flat in LV, but anything times 4, especially when sharing one of the breadwinners, has to be high. I haven't been watching long. Do any of the wives work outside the home (besides the jewelry thing)?

I don't have a clue what they make for the show. But the jewelry biz looks more like a hobby to me. The money has to be coming from somewhere.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #201
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post

No official amount is posted but some site think $50K/adult and other $75K/adult. I believe that is per season and there have been two seasons.

Why are they building 7 bedroom houses? The largest family has 6 kids with one of the 6 kid family sending their oldest to college. There are 4-5 more teens that will go to college in a next next two or three years. IIRC three daughters go next year.

Meri only has one child, who goes to college next year and has stated she will return to Utah when she graduates high school, is building a 7 bedroom house. Why?!

What will it cost to cool those houses?

Did anybody notice the checks were all written for $5000. The are not actually buying the houses at this time. They may have done that so they could buy time for the second season payment to occur.

When Christine, about 40, said she wanted to be able to visit her father, 60s - 70s, creepy Kody told he she will need to save the food money. Really?!

Here is a home in LV that looks like the unfinished home they showed on the show.

http://www.newhomesource.com/communi...ommunity-52261

It would cost about $250K + upgrades. That is doable if they sell the house in Utah and put in part of their show money.

Wouldn't these be a better choice? Buy two of them and put a door between them. This would be more like what they had in Utah. Get four townhouse and that would be just like Utah.

Last edited by ilovemk76; 06-25-2012 at 11:07 AM.
ilovemk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #202
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemk76 View Post
No official amount is posted but some site think $50K/adult and other $75K/adult. I believe that is per season and there have been two seasons.

Why are they building 7 bedroom houses? The largest family has 6 kids with one of the 6 kid family sending their oldest to college. There are 4-5 more teens that will go to college in a next next two or three years. IIRC three daughters go next year.

Meri only has one child, who goes to college next year and has stated she will return to Utah when she graduates high school, is building a 7 bedroom house. Why?!

What will it cost to cool those houses?

Did anybody notice the checks were all written for $5000. The are not actually buying the houses at this time. They may have done that so they could buy time for the second season payment to occur.

When Christine, about 40, said she wanted to be able to visit her father, 60s - 70s, creepy Kody told he she will need to save the food money. Really?!
That was earnest money to hold the lots while they secured financing.

And yes, I caught that comment to Christine. I found it really creepy too.

And seeing him run across the lots at the end reminded me of Leonardo DiCaprio yelling "I'm King of the World!" in Titanic. Only in this case, the gals are skimping on groceries to build his little kingdom. I found it incredibly distaseful.

Can you get financing for a house on a salary earned from a flash in the pan TV show that could be gone in a year?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #203
packofjedis
Mouseketeer

I was flabbergasted at how much they didn't seem to like each other (wives and Kody all having issues). Editing was done really well......OR.....they're writing it that way (all negatives) to sell a book about drama.

As far as the houses, they're are going to be expensive. I just wonder how they qualify for loans, basically as single women, when none of them are holding a real, solid job. (I'm assuming they're listing reality star as their occupation) I doubt Kody could be on all their loans. His credit can't be that good to float all of them.

Plus with Meri's sister living in the Utah house, I've wondered if she's renting it and they still hold the loan or if she bought it outright.
packofjedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #204
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by packofjedis View Post
I was flabbergasted at how much they didn't seem to like each other (wives and Kody all having issues). Editing was done really well......OR.....they're writing it that way (all negatives) to sell a book about drama.

As far as the houses, they're are going to be expensive. I just wonder how they qualify for loans, basically as single women, when none of them are holding a real, solid job. (I'm assuming they're listing reality star as their occupation) I doubt Kody could be on all their loans. His credit can't be that good to float all of them.

Plus with Meri's sister living in the Utah house, I've wondered if she's renting it and they still hold the loan or if she bought it outright.
On a previous show, they could not get conventional funding and were offered interest only loans. They were also told the four loans would be for Meri and Kody and then three single moms.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #205
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

I don't get the businesses they women are starting up.
Sister wife jewelry??? Seriously?
A gym? huh?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #206
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
I don't get the businesses they women are starting up.
Sister wife jewelry??? Seriously?
A gym? huh?
I know the gym thing really made me laugh. I know that everyone needs to be fit and am no light weight but really I want a gym where I can see results. Janelle lost 10 lbs in a year. How much does that make me want to sweat my pits off if all I am going to do is lost 10 lbs in a year.

Also I noticed that Christine was wearing false eyelashes. It seemed really odd and she looked ridiculous. I liked them better when they were down to earth.

Meri and Janelle both had jobs in the past but Cody made some sort of reference to some sort of networking thing that they were making money from but I did not understand it.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #207
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

My thoughts about the 7 BR houses- do you think they have future plans to have their children living there after college and maybe even with their spouses/ children? Maybe they are planning to have their parents move in when they are too old to care for themselves. I still think it ridiculous to build these when this show could be over soon. Look at Dog the Bounty Hunter, they cancelled his show and I thought people were still watching it.

I agree about the gym. You need someone slim and fit to be running it. Maybe even someone who lost a lot of weight and can encourage you. Not someone like Janelle. Kody said she would need 1000 memberships in the first year to get by- not going to happen!
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #208
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Maybe if Janelle was going to own the gym but never set foot in it.

Who do they think they are going to attact as customers. I really really don't get their business ideas.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #209
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

My understanding is their "marketing job" is actually some sort of pyramid scheme type situation. They are reps for some sort of detox/health drink.

Also, their plans for these 4 houses are delusional and totally irresponsible. Why does Meri need a 7 bedroom house? It was hard to feel bad for her crying over how she wanted the house but feared the judgement of her sister wives. Sorry, Meri, I would be judging you too if you were living alone in a giant house while I was living in the same size house with my 6 kids. And saying that if she had her way she would have had enough kids to fill 7 bedrooms doesn't erase the fact that she has one kid who will be moving out next year. Why would she want to deal with the hassle of cleaning and furnishing all those empty, unnecessary rooms? So bizarre.

I sometimes read episode recaps on a sister wives blog site and apparently the family has filed for bankruptcy something like 3 times in some formation (it isn't always the same person filing for bankruptcy). They need to wake up and become more financially responsible.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #210
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

when they were discussing the gym she admitted that she didnt lose a lot of weight...but she was able to do things she hadnt been able to do before..Like climbing the mt with "whats his name" and going on hikes with the kids...so she feels healthy..just doesnt look it in our terms.

and I did feel bad for Meri...she gets the raw end of all the deals because she only had that one child (who will be off to college in another year)

and she did say she didnt want a 7 bedroom house...she just wants to feel like she is part of this group ...sort of???????

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: