Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #166
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

I happened to see the birth of Solomon show this last weekend and I do have to give props to Robyn for her composure and calmness during the birth. Some women are screaming and thrashing all over the bed, but they're typically drama queens to begin with.

Especially with the cameras there. As modest as they are, I imagine it was probably a pretty uncomfortable situation for her.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #167
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I happened to see the birth of Solomon show this last weekend and I do have to give props to Robyn for her composure and calmness during the birth. Some women are screaming and thrashing all over the bed, but they're typically drama queens to begin with.

Especially with the cameras there. As modest as they are, I imagine it was probably a pretty uncomfortable situation for her.
The way he was rubbing her leg thru it gave me the creeps.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #168
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
The way he was rubbing her leg thru it gave me the creeps.
Eh. When I was in labor, my DH rubbed whatever I asked him to...or not to touch me at all.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #169
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Gal View Post
well, you know, it is TLC and all......out to make a buck and I am sure that would make ratings go thru the roof!
Well as long as we are going to merge shows, how about he has some of his little ones compete in the beauty pageants? Instead of Toddlers and Tiaras, they can call it P'liggy Princesses!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #170
novajeanjellybean
One day my prince will come........

I didn't even know their new season had started. Here we go again.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #171
marmalade
DIS Veteran

I have to admit, I haven't watched the show in a while. But I thought this was kinda interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D163790

the 44-year-old patriarch admits that none of his wives -- Meri, 41; Janelle, 42; Christine, 39; and Robyn, 33 -- can truly fufill all of his cravings.
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #172
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
I have to admit, I haven't watched the show in a while. But I thought this was kinda interesting.

the 44-year-old patriarch admits that none of his wives -- Meri, 41; Janelle, 42; Christine, 39; and Robyn, 33 -- can truly fufill all of his cravings.
that just what every wife wants to know, They can't fullfill there husbands
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #173
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

Quote:

daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #174
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Trust and believe if I knew my husband said that, I wouldn't be worrying about trying to fulfill anything for him anymore, just sayin....
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #175
marmalade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Trust and believe if I knew my husband said that, I wouldn't be worrying about trying to fulfill anything for him anymore, just sayin....
I guess he can get away with saying it, because if one doesn't like he he can go to the other 3 or bring on another wife.
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #176
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

I watch this show and while Kody is pretty cringe-worthy, I find him far more likable than Jim-Bob Duggar.

I like that the kids are all allowed to have different opinions. They are allowed to consider other options. They are sent to public school to receive a proper education and some have goals of college. You get none of the with the Duggar kids, who all echo their parents.
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #177
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa88 View Post
I watch this show and while Kody is pretty cringe-worthy, I find him far more likable than Jim-Bob Duggar.

I like that the kids are all allowed to have different opinions. They are allowed to consider other options. They are sent to public school to receive a proper education and some have goals of college. You get none of the with the Duggar kids, who all echo their parents.
I agree completely!
I no longer watch the Duggers. I just can't sit through it. No one has a thought or opinion that doesn't seem completely scripted. One of those kids will eventually leave the fold and write a tell-all book. I know it! The Brown family, though flawed, at least seems to be made of real people.

Regarding Cody's statement about his wives not fulfilling him: it made me furious at first. I think, though, he was just saying that no one person can always perfectly meet another person's needs. I suppose that is true enough from a logical standpoint. I know that I can't actually meet my husband's every need every second. And he can't meet mine all the time. So he is trying to defend plural marriage by saying each wife brings different strengths to the marriage. Of course it stands to reason that different husbands would help balance Kody's weaknesses so his wives would be fulfilled- but I guess he doesn't mention that.

So it sounds like he is defending "marriage by committee". I would hate that as a wife. Janelle has to fit into the "business" position, and Kristine's job is to be the "fun" person. Wouldn't that boost your self-esteem, to hear that you were not fun, but you are a great family accountant!
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #178
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa88 View Post

I have friends that live in Vegas who go to high school with the kids, and we talk about it and they are just like every individual which I think is really important! The duggars....who knows what those kids may do in the future.
Princess Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #179
lucas
°o°

Quote:

Uh oh, sounds like it's time for another wife.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #180
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Uh oh, sounds like it's time for another wife.
A much younger wife.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: