Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #121
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Uh...and I thought I was obsessive? Opening windows for each ADR...you are my hero.
Ditto!!!
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #122
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Hurray! I'm so glad you got all of your ADRs and at the times you wanted. They look great- you guys are definitely going to eat well.
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #123
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Yay for ADRs!!! Looks like everyone is getting what they want today! It's such a good feeling to get them set in stone! Uh...and I thought I was obsessive? Opening windows for each ADR...you are my hero.
Thanks Karen...that gave me a good laugh! It was a great feeling getting all the ADR's finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
So it looks like our only overlapping day is Monday at Epcot. I didn't have any hold when I called at 7 AM but I also called the number for specialty cruises. Went straight through and she was more than happy to take care of all the ressies I couldn't do online. I don't think she believed me about Biergarten and had to try herself. I think she went to her supervisor when we hung up because she was really frustrated with it. After it not working she said, "Is there anything I else I can't get for you." Then she proceeded to forgetting to change from dining and almost thought she couldn't get Behind the Seeds.
Congrats on getting what you wanted....hopefully they will get the Biergarten issue figured out soon. The woman I spoke to on the phone was very nice. She asked if we were celebrating anything & I just said my son & boyfriends first visit. She got their names & then asked if we would just be celebrating their 1st visit at this meal or would I like her to add the celebration to ALL of our reservations. Heck yeah!!! Add it to all of them. You never know what sort of Pixie Dust we might get!

Jazz Hands and Pixiedust...they go together like PB&J! - An Adult Only Oct 2013 TR
Wishin' & Hopin', Plannin' & Dreamin' - Oct. 2013 PTR
Oct. 2011 PTR - NEWS FLASH: You must be 4 years old to go to Disney World!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #124
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post
Ditto!!!
I warned you all in my first post that I was obsessive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Hurray! I'm so glad you got all of your ADRs and at the times you wanted. They look great- you guys are definitely going to eat well.
Thanks Hope! I am so excited about the food! I haven't eaten TS at Disney since my 1992 trip. I food!!!!

Jazz Hands and Pixiedust...they go together like PB&J! - An Adult Only Oct 2013 TR

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
Old 04-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #125
Tink2Day
Mouseketeer

Don't know if you have $ stores there but most of them have sticker books and boxes of different stickers too.

Check the Disney store online they might have a Disney shirt on sale? Kmart has a lot of cute Disney things for adults (shop online if you don't have one).

I see you bought a flashlight but after what we saw there, go to the $ store and get some glow necklaces and bracelets it's all the rage to have a lightup glowing something after dark at MK. Someone gave the kids a spinning light up toy from Walmart that they got for $3-5 a lot cheaper than the $10-15 ones in the park and he'll be right in style.

The F&W festival is great (yummy) and they had a performer giving a concert at night, when we were there.
Tink2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #126
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day View Post
Don't know if you have $ stores there but most of them have sticker books and boxes of different stickers too.

Check the Disney store online they might have a Disney shirt on sale? Kmart has a lot of cute Disney things for adults (shop online if you don't have one).

I see you bought a flashlight but after what we saw there, go to the $ store and get some glow necklaces and bracelets it's all the rage to have a lightup glowing something after dark at MK. Someone gave the kids a spinning light up toy from Walmart that they got for $3-5 a lot cheaper than the $10-15 ones in the park and he'll be right in style.

The F&W festival is great (yummy) and they had a performer giving a concert at night, when we were there.
Welcome to my PTR! Glad to have you along! Thanks for all the ideas.

I hardly ever shop at Kmart so I never thought to look there for Disney stuff. I will have to check them out soon!

We already have glow sticks, glow necklaces and glow bracelets! (My boyfriend used to be a DJ and has TONS of "glow" stuff. I also already have a light up spinning Halloween pumpkin that he always carries on Halloween when we trick or treat. Since we will be at Disney in October it will be perfect!

I have neer done F&WF but I am SOOOO excited! I love food and can't wait to try some yummy new stuff!

Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #127
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Adr's look great!
my kids really liked FOLK. When we went back to the resort that evening they spent an hour pretending to be the lions from the show

I I have seen tiny sticker books in the dollar spot at target they typically have a few stickers with them. They are about half page size. They aren't really meant to be something to continue collecting stickers in but at least they give you a place to put some.

I loved food and wine and can't wait to get back for it

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #128
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
my next stop was Books-A-Million looking for a sticker album for Caden to collect stickers in. (He keeps wanting to put them on things like the wall, the refrigerator, the walls, his train table, etc.) I had a sticker album as a kid but I am finding that apparently that was a thing of the 80's! Who knew?

my youngest DD (4) does the same thing too...sometimes we get them all on paper, but then I have tons of papers all over the place I loved sticker albums too...I still have mine from my childhood

Anyway, after my unsuccessful trip to Walmart for a Disney shirt I still was wanting that Disney fix! So...I picked up this:

I have that book too I have read it it is a fun read, my DS (12) loves it too!

YAY for all your ADR making....I tried that multiple window thing last yr making my ADR's for our Nov trip...had some of the same issues. so glad you got everything you wanted and it all worked out so well
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #129
Tink2Day
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Welcome to my PTR! Glad to have you along! Thanks for all the ideas.

I hardly ever shop at Kmart so I never thought to look there for Disney stuff. I will have to check them out soon!

We already have glow sticks, glow necklaces and glow bracelets! (My boyfriend used to be a DJ and has TONS of "glow" stuff. I also already have a light up spinning Halloween pumpkin that he always carries on Halloween when we trick or treat. Since we will be at Disney in October it will be perfect!

I have neer done F&WF but I am SOOOO excited! I love food and can't wait to try some yummy new stuff!
Oh yeah! He'll be so happy to be part of the group and how cute is a spinning pumpkin for Halloween! Almost as cute as your little guy is!
When we were there we even played with some of the spinning lights (the Minnie with her dress which billowed out) and we were adults! I ended up buying a light up Tink pin.

Yes I have bought a couple of hoodies at KMart it's kind of neat because you don't see 500 people with the exact same outfit!

The worst thing about F&W? They'll have to roll you out of the place if you try too much, so plan strategically. We went on the afternoon we arrived and made our plan of attack for the day we would be spending more time at Epcot. We each tried about 3 different treats at F&W and shared those.
Sadly we had to satisfy ourselves with fish and chips from UK and 2 pastries each from the Boulangerie on the first night, such a hardship but we managed to survive it.
Tink2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #130
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
Adr's look great!
my kids really liked FOLK. When we went back to the resort that evening they spent an hour pretending to be the lions from the show

I I have seen tiny sticker books in the dollar spot at target they typically have a few stickers with them. They are about half page size. They aren't really meant to be something to continue collecting stickers in but at least they give you a place to put some.

I loved food and wine and can't wait to get back for it
How cute....a part of me wishes Caden had another kiddo to hang out with while we're at Disney.

I'm still struggling with the sticker book dilemma. What I originally wanted was a book with pages that you could remove stickers from and move them around if you wanted. I'm leaning more towards making him a sticker book with my scrapbooking supplies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
I have that book too I have read it it is a fun read, my DS (12) loves it too!

YAY for all your ADR making....I tried that multiple window thing last yr making my ADR's for our Nov trip...had some of the same issues. so glad you got everything you wanted and it all worked out so well
I STILL have not started reading the book. It's been so busy around here.

Aside from the minor glitch in the beginning the multiple windows worked like a charm! Yay for being obsessive! I knew it would come in handy one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day View Post
Oh yeah! He'll be so happy to be part of the group and how cute is a spinning pumpkin for Halloween! Almost as cute as your little guy is!
When we were there we even played with some of the spinning lights (the Minnie with her dress which billowed out) and we were adults! I ended up buying a light up Tink pin.

Yes I have bought a couple of hoodies at KMart it's kind of neat because you don't see 500 people with the exact same outfit!

The worst thing about F&W? They'll have to roll you out of the place if you try too much, so plan strategically. We went on the afternoon we arrived and made our plan of attack for the day we would be spending more time at Epcot. We each tried about 3 different treats at F&W and shared those.
Sadly we had to satisfy ourselves with fish and chips from UK and 2 pastries each from the Boulangerie on the first night, such a hardship but we managed to survive it.
Awww thank you! I think he's a cutie, but of course my vote doesn't count! The spinning pumpkin is adorable! It will be perfect for the parks.

Will probably check out K-Mart today! Maybe!

I'm sure I will need to be rolled out of F&W....I don't know when to stop.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #131
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Hi Stephanie!! I just stumbled upon your trip report bc your titile was cute then I realized it was a fellow October traveller. Everything looks great so far!! Its very exciting planning your child's first trip.

The only advice I have for you is about Dinosaur....that is one scary ride My daughter was just 4 on our last trip....she really wanted to go on it. I was really hesitant because my 7 year old won't even go on it and I remember taking my 8 year old niece on it years ago and she was totally traumatized.

Anyway, I took my little one on it and I had to cover her eyes almost the entire time....after the ride she told her daddy that she loved it but never wanted to do that again
Old 04-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #132
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
Hi Stephanie!! I just stumbled upon your trip report bc your titile was cute then I realized it was a fellow October traveller. Everything looks great so far!! Its very exciting planning your child's first trip.

The only advice I have for you is about Dinosaur....that is one scary ride My daughter was just 4 on our last trip....she really wanted to go on it. I was really hesitant because my 7 year old won't even go on it and I remember taking my 8 year old niece on it years ago and she was totally traumatized.

Anyway, I took my little one on it and I had to cover her eyes almost the entire time....after the ride she told her daddy that she loved it but never wanted to do that again
Hello Andrea! Glad to have you along. It's great to be able to read along with other Oct. travelers.

Thank you for the advice on Dinosaur. I have heard so many mixed stories. I think I will start by showing him YouTube videos of the ride. If those freak him out then we'll definitely call it a NO! If he seems okay with the videos we will play it by ear while we are there.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #133
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Jack has a spinning pumpkin light up thing too, I got it for him for MNSSHP last year, and he wouldn't let go of it!!! It's always a good idea to bring your own glo items, since they are about a quarter of the cost of the ones Disney sells!

I've been debating about Dionosaur too... maybe I will have Jack watch YouTube videos of it (are there any?) and see what he thinks?
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #134
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Jack has a spinning pumpkin light up thing too, I got it for him for MNSSHP last year, and he wouldn't let go of it!!! It's always a good idea to bring your own glo items, since they are about a quarter of the cost of the ones Disney sells!

I've been debating about Dionosaur too... maybe I will have Jack watch YouTube videos of it (are there any?) and see what he thinks?
Here are a few videos I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVP9gRQeSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X7QiRwWD6Y

Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #135
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Oh I would LOVE to got to Disney one year for the food and wine fest. I LOVE food too, i'd be in heaven. My dh too.

Did you have Caden watch the videos yet?

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
3princesses+aprince is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
october 2011, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: