Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #226
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Thats wonderfull about your mom. Hope you can take some time to celebrate this with her on the trip. I don't know how she would feel about getting a button to wear. This will truly be a magical time for you all. Cant wait to read about it.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #227
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

LOVE the video! I think you did a great job! The Wolf's Dance is amazing, but it's almost like a professional video and I like home videos better. I did one for our trip, and I don't even remember how I did it now. I'll have to look into the program you are using. Oh and I totally know what you mean about having ideas for songs! I would always think about it when the radio was on and try to find songs that would work well! If you are interested, here's ours:

Orozco's Do Disney 2009
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #228
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I am so so happy for you that your mom is not only going to be able to go, but will be there clean and sober. That is awesome! What a magical addition!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #229
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabbate View Post
Thats wonderfull about your mom. Hope you can take some time to celebrate this with her on the trip. I don't know how she would feel about getting a button to wear. This will truly be a magical time for you all. Cant wait to read about it.
It really is great knowing that she is doing this ALL on her own because she wants to. I'm not sure how she'd feel about wearing a button, but who knows. She's pretty open about most things so she might!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
LOVE the video! I think you did a great job! The Wolf's Dance is amazing, but it's almost like a professional video and I like home videos better. I did one for our trip, and I don't even remember how I did it now. I'll have to look into the program you are using. Oh and I totally know what you mean about having ideas for songs! I would always think about it when the radio was on and try to find songs that would work well! If you are interested, here's ours:

Orozco's Do Disney 2009
Thank you! I know what you mean about "home" video vs. "professional". I'm one of those people that tend to go over the top and overdo it sometimes, so while our video will probably be nowhere wear the level of the Wolfs, that is what I aspire to. LOL

WOW! Spectacular! Your family video is SOOOOO adorable. I love the way some of the picture changes are to the beat of the music. Just awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I am so so happy for you that your mom is not only going to be able to go, but will be there clean and sober. That is awesome! What a magical addition!
We are all really excited...mostly for her! Caden of course is too young to understand the problems she has, but if she couldn't go he would certainly ask about her and miss her. I am thankful that she will be joining us....especially in the right mindset!

Jazz Hands and Pixiedust...they go together like PB&J! - An Adult Only Oct 2013 TR
Wishin' & Hopin', Plannin' & Dreamin' - Oct. 2013 PTR
Oct. 2011 PTR - NEWS FLASH: You must be 4 years old to go to Disney World!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #230
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Thanks to google images a lot of PTR pictures look familiar.

Do you save the images to your computer and use a hosting service? I wish there was a way to post the pic without saving it first. I may be really ignorant and missing an easy step here.
if you are using google images, once on the image, you can right click, then select "copy image location" and just use that snippet of code to paste the image in like you would if you had it saved in your own photobucket etc. Still use the [img] etc. and then paste in. saves a little time.

Love the updates! so glad your mom got some help! what amazing timing too! i hope everything comes together perfectly and you guys get to build some wonderful memories with her clean and sober! yeah for the 5 day hoppers now too!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #231
exwdwcm

oh and your video turned out so well! I've actually created a channel for my videos of William. You can create a channel on youtube and make it private or only provide the link to those you want to have it, or you can make it public, just like the videos.

I've seen all the Wolf videos and LOVE them too. I am going to do the same thing this time with the video. We don't even have a video camera, but i have a nice Canon camera that does HD video and my iphone 4 too. I figure I'll just capture small 30 second or less clips to put together later. Heck, i don't even have a mac or nice software to edit, but there are tons of great free programs out there you can use and I've used in the past. I do have a 3 man video editing team here at work (marketing- we use them for video testimonials and tons of web videos), so they can always help me too. They do a ton of editing. so after our trips, let's be sure and share videos!!!

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #232
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Love the updates! so glad your mom got some help! what amazing timing too! i hope everything comes together perfectly and you guys get to build some wonderful memories with her clean and sober! yeah for the 5 day hoppers now too!
My mom is doing REALLY well and she is so excited about the trip. She keeps asking me to tell her everything we are doing over and over again. Of course...I secretly love it because I get to relive my planning all over again!

Quote:
oh and your video turned out so well! I've actually created a channel for my videos of William. You can create a channel on youtube and make it private or only provide the link to those you want to have it, or you can make it public, just like the videos.

I've seen all the Wolf videos and LOVE them too. I am going to do the same thing this time with the video. We don't even have a video camera, but i have a nice Canon camera that does HD video and my iphone 4 too. I figure I'll just capture small 30 second or less clips to put together later. Heck, i don't even have a mac or nice software to edit, but there are tons of great free programs out there you can use and I've used in the past. I do have a 3 man video editing team here at work (marketing- we use them for video testimonials and tons of web videos), so they can always help me too. They do a ton of editing. so after our trips, let's be sure and share videos!!!
I am super excited about the video. That's really cool thats you are doing one too. We will DEFINITELY share videos. I have high hopes for my video....I'm a little scared that my video editing skills aren't up to par with my hopes though! I guess I will be spending many hours reading and watching tutorials on the net!

Jazz Hands and Pixiedust...they go together like PB&J! - An Adult Only Oct 2013 TR

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
Old 08-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #233
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Just started your PTR today, so I am a bit behind. You asked several months ago about the jedi training academy.

I have had experience with a 4 year old at the Jedi Training Academy. It was hilarious, to say the least. Here is a link to the video. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPOLe72vMI
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #234
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post

Orozco's Do Disney 2009
hey Karen I looked at your video from 09 and it is very fun...love all the pixs and snipets of video included too...I don't think i have heard that version of the song before either...FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Once you and Matt get your video finished I hope you will share with everyone here!
yes definetly
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #235
exwdwcm

here is the video i did from our December trip, it's nothing fancy by any means! But it was all i could manage with the software i was using (onetruemedia.com). Hoping to focus on getting more video clips on this trip to insert. I think a mix of video and stills is so much better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQNzvq92l8

Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #236
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Just started your PTR today, so I am a bit behind. You asked several months ago about the jedi training academy.

I have had experience with a 4 year old at the Jedi Training Academy. It was hilarious, to say the least. Here is a link to the video. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPOLe72vMI
Sorry for the delay in welcoming you to my PTR. You may be a bit behind but so am I!

That video was so cute. The look on his face was so sad. I hope my 4YO doesn't do this, but if he does it will all be on video to share with the world. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
here is the video i did from our December trip, it's nothing fancy by any means! But it was all i could manage with the software i was using (onetruemedia.com). Hoping to focus on getting more video clips on this trip to insert. I think a mix of video and stills is so much better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQNzvq92l8
Wow Michelle! That is so cute! I love the special transition effects. Great job. I agree that a mix of stills and video is better! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #237
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

I’m SO SORRY for my absence the past few weeks. School started back which means I am back to work full-time and Caden started Pre-K so it’s been a BIG adjustment around here the past few weeks. I am going to try and knock out the last few days of our daily plans and move on to some more FUN stuff.

Day 6 – Animal Kingdom - Thursday, October 20

If you’ve been following along, I guess it’s a no brainer that the last park on the list is Animal Kingdom. I saved this park until toward the end of the week for a couple reasons. First of all, I think we will be a little tired by this time and I think we can get the park done in about half a day. Plus, Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park. I have only been one time, but it just doesn’t do it for me.

Anyway…on to our daily plans. Our day at AK will start early. The park doesn’t open until 9am but we have an ADR for Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House at 8:00am. I have heard nothing but wonderful reviews on Tusker House and I am so excited to eat here.

I love the fact too that we will already be in the back of the park near the safari when we finish eating. I am hoping to be finished eating close to 9am and be one of the first on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

After the Safari, we’ll head over to one of my all time favorite rides at Disney... Expedition Everest!!!

The brave ones of the bunch will ride (me, Wayne and my Mom) while my grandparents take Caden over to The Boneyard to play for a bit. If the wait is too long at Everest then we’ll get Fastpasses and come back later. I’m hoping that it won’t be too bad though.

Once we finish Everest and meet back up with Caden and my grandparents we will probably ride TriceraTop Spin and then Dinosaur. I know Dinosaur can be a little scary for young ones, but I think Caden is prepared. We have watched YouTube Videos so he knows what to expect. After we finish up in DinoLand we will head over to the Tree of Life and It’s Tough To Be A Bug.

If it’s lunch time and we’re hungry we will go ahead and snag some lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. This is another one that I have been dying to try. After lunch (or before if we’re not hungry yet) we are going to try and catch a showing of Finding Nemo: The Musical. I have never seen it but I have heard great things and I think Caden will really enjoy it.

That’s really pretty much it for AK. Depending on how long all of that takes us, we may try to see The Festival of the Lion King also and/or stroll through the character greeting trails. If it’s super hot, still a little early, and we feel up to it, we MIGHT ride Kali River Rapids right before we leave. My plan is for us to be out of the park by 3pm at the latest…preferably a little earlier. We’ll see what happens.

Once we leave AK we’ll be heading back to the resort for a little R&R before we head out for our dinner ADR. We have a 6:30 ADR at T-Rex in Downtown Disney.

Since T-Rex isn’t on the dining plan we will be paying OOP. I think we will probably skip dessert and try to make a stop in the Ghirardelli Ice Cream Shop. Mmmmmm……YUMMY!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #238
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Yeah! I AK! I think part of it is because I love AKL so much and because you can easily do this park in one day and not feel pressured to go back. We were there the week they officially opened EE and it will always hold a special place in our hearts. It also made a good argument that sometimes Park Hoppers are necessary. You never knew when EE was running that week so we hopped over a couple of times when the rumors were flying. I think we'll be okay riding it just one day this time. We'll try to ride it as many times as possible though and I'm looking forward to taking my time going through the regular line at least once. I read an article once about the pictures of actual mountain climbers and things that are in there. It almost sounds like a museum dedicated to Mount Everest.

FTBB is awesome but it's been five years since we've been there so don't hold me to it.

Finding Nemo is one of my favorite WDW shows. I cried when we watched it. It's in my list of top five things I'm looking forward to doing again this trip.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #239
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Your plan is perfect!! We did the 8 am Tusker House ADR too and it worked beautifully! We asked for the check about 10 minutes into the meal so we would be all ready to go. It was perfect!! I think that will be my plan for every trip from now on! You must be getting so excited!!!!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #240
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day planned for AK and day 6) The pre-park bfasts are the best and have you ready to go come park opening I love EE too, but won't be riding this trip since my DH isn't a thrill rider...so scream/laugh extra loud for me
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
october 2011, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: