Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #211
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
So, your plan sounds good and has made me realize that I really need more pictures in my PTR. Let me get right on that.
Thanks! As I was typing out the plans I got a little worried that I was trying to cram TOO much into one day! As I was typing I also convinced myself (and hopefully my readers) that it is a totally doable touring plan!

As for the pictures....yeah, after reading other's PTRs I thought mine was a little dull and needed pics. Everyone loves pics right? I LOVE Google Images....however the pic of It's A Small World is MINE from my 2006 trip!

Jazz Hands and Pixiedust...they go together like PB&J! - An Adult Only Oct 2013 TR
Wishin' & Hopin', Plannin' & Dreamin' - Oct. 2013 PTR
Oct. 2011 PTR - NEWS FLASH: You must be 4 years old to go to Disney World!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #212
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Thanks to google images a lot of PTR pictures look familiar.

Do you save the images to your computer and use a hosting service? I wish there was a way to post the pic without saving it first. I may be really ignorant and missing an easy step here.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #213
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

MK thoughts...

I think it is a doable plan you should be well rested from your resort day and ready to go...here's a couple ideas/tips!

* RD stay toward the right side entrance don't be to far up though

* once enter park decide who's going to "run" for the Space Mt FP ahead of time and go as fast as you can...others will be too...the rest of your party can meander down Main Street to meet at Buzz. If you cut to the right right by the Ice cream Palor you'll cut through sitting area and CS area. They have another rope there and will let you in to TL area shortly

* for Fantaslyland...Peter Pan line will grow the fastest besides Dumbo you may want to go there next! allow extra time in the WTP queue area it is most fun!

* for eve parade...keep in mind Main Street is always the most crowded location to watch...allow extra time for that

* visit the hat shop for custom ears too! be fun first trip memory for caden and "welcome back" souvie for you

* if you eat at CHH eat upstairs always more quiet !

Have a great DAY!
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #214
stephielela
DIS Veteran

All caught up!! I love your shirts! I do the same thing, I buy stuff and put it away and then nd up having way too much. For our Christmas trip last year I had a few small presents for Jack everyday. Some days I ended up holding one back (they were all small stuff) and consequently came home with a few still wrapped... which are still in my basement. I need to dig them out and add them to the rapidly growing pile for this trip!

Your plans look ambitious, but doable. I think it's always better to have too much planned and have to skip a couple things than to not have enough and then not know what to do next.

I need to start on my touring plans...
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #215
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks to google images a lot of PTR pictures look familiar.

Do you save the images to your computer and use a hosting service? I wish there was a way to post the pic without saving it first. I may be really ignorant and missing an easy step here.

Haha...yeah Google Images Rocks!!!

I do save the pics to my computer first and then I use Photobucket. What I have been doing is typing up my post (without the pics), then Google searching all at once the pics I need for my post, then I upload them all at once to Photobucket, do a quick resize and then copy the IMG code and place in the PTR where necessary. It is a little time consuming, but I found that doing the pics all at once saved A LOT of time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
MK thoughts...

I think it is a doable plan you should be well rested from your resort day and ready to go...here's a couple ideas/tips!

I'm glad someone thinks my plan is doable!

* RD stay toward the right side entrance don't be to far up though

* once enter park decide who's going to "run" for the Space Mt FP ahead of time and go as fast as you can...others will be too...the rest of your party can meander down Main Street to meet at Buzz. If you cut to the right right by the Ice cream Palor you'll cut through sitting area and CS area. They have another rope there and will let you in to TL area shortly

Excellent advice! Thanks! RD is a new experience for me but totally up my alley! Tips are MUCH appreciated!

* for Fantaslyland...Peter Pan line will grow the fastest besides Dumbo you may want to go there next! allow extra time in the WTP queue area it is most fun!

I had forgotten about the new queue are in WTP! Thanks. I'm kind of hoping we can bypass Dumbo altogether, but if Caden wants to ride I won't say no!

* for eve parade...keep in mind Main Street is always the most crowded location to watch...allow extra time for that

I'm not yet sure exactly where we will watch the parade/fireworks from. It might be Main Street or somewhere else. We'll probably just meander up Main Street and see!

* visit the hat shop for custom ears too! be fun first trip memory for caden and "welcome back" souvie for you

Much to my dismay, Caden has seen pics of Mickey ears and he says he doesn't want them. He has properly informed me that he wants a Goofy Hat! We'll see I guess!

* if you eat at CHH eat upstairs always more quiet !

Have a great DAY!
I know we will have a GREAT day! I am the most excited about MK....which is part of my reasoning for scheduling it midweek and also the day after a break!

Thank you SOOOOOO much for all the wonderful tips and advice. It's people like you that make the DIS Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
All caught up!! I love your shirts! I do the same thing, I buy stuff and put it away and then nd up having way too much. For our Christmas trip last year I had a few small presents for Jack everyday. Some days I ended up holding one back (they were all small stuff) and consequently came home with a few still wrapped... which are still in my basement. I need to dig them out and add them to the rapidly growing pile for this trip!

Your plans look ambitious, but doable. I think it's always better to have too much planned and have to skip a couple things than to not have enough and then not know what to do next.

I need to start on my touring plans...
AMBITIOUS! Yes...that's exactly what I was going for! I know we will probably have to skip some things, but my hope is that our travel dates, combined with Rope Drop and an executable plan will help us to achieve as much as possible! I wish we could add a few more days on but it's just not in the budget.

Jazz Hands and Pixiedust...they go together like PB&J! - An Adult Only Oct 2013 TR

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
Old 07-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #216
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Life update!

Before I get back to our daily plans...I have a short life update.

If you've been following along from the beginning you know that I mentioned that my mom may or may not be able to go with us on the trip. She has known since January that we were going and has had all this time to save up the money for her portion (which is only like $700)...that's park tix and dining plan and her portion of the room she will share with my grandparents. She would save a little $$ and then dip into it and spend it. Anyway...end of May/beginning of June rolled around and she basically didn't have any $$ saved. She told my grandma to let me know she wouldn't be able to go (she didn't have the guts to tell me herself). My mom has some addiction problems and is also bipolar, so a part of me never really expected her to get her butt in gear and save the $$. I am used to being let down by her, but I had hoped for Caden's sake that she could do this for him. So, while I wasn't surprised by her cancellation I was still a little disappointed.

Fast forward about a week down the road and there were some drastic changes. My mom finally got away from her abusive boyfriend (after about 13 years), she went to a week long Christian Women's retreat/program to help get to the root of why she makes bad choices, and started going to AA meetings again. Tomorrow marks 60 days clean and sober. In that short time she has already saved almost $450 for the trip. It's still unclear if she will have enough by Aug. 20, which is when the trip has to be paid in full, but more on that in a minute. Meanwhile...my older brother travels for his job a ton and has miles/points saved up on SW. He decided to get my mom airfare to Disney for her birthday, which was July 28. He managed to get her on the same flights as my grandparents. The airfare wasn't really necessary because she had planned to ride down with us, but he said the miles expired 12/31 and he didn't have anywhere he was traveling to use them, so it was no loss to him. He also said that if my mom didn't have enough $$ saved by the time the final payment is due that he would cover her portion and she could earn it by cleaning his house and do other odd jobs for him.

So......long story short, it looks like my mom will be going with us after all. The best part is that not only will she be going with us, but she will be clean and sober, is on medication for her bipolar disorder and is in the BEST place she has been in over 15 years.

I got lucky on our package prices also. When my grandma told me my mom wouldn't be going I had her removed from the reservation and then of course had to add her back on last week. Even though Disney raised ticket prices back in June, the changes I made (both removing her and re-adding her) didn't change our prices. We are still locked in at the old price. YEY!

One more little update:
I got tired of waiting to see if The Pirates League was going to extend their hours for MNSSHP nights. I had booked Caden a 3:15pm appt. on the day we are going to MNSSHP just in case, but the only way I could get us in the park before 4pm (party entry time) was to upgrade our park tix to hoppers. I really hate to upgrade JUST for this reason since we won't likely hop otherwise, but I bit the bullet and did it! We now have 5 day park hoppers! Of course, you know me, now that I have them I am trying to figure out how we can maximize our use of the hoppers and maybe hop on another day or 2. IDK!

Keep your eyes peeled for more daily itinerary updates!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #217
Parla

That's great news about your mom!

I'm glad you decided to park hop since it is what will work best for you. I love my schedule which doesn't need hopping but know I can add it when we get there if something changes.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #218
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post

Thank you SOOOOOO much for all the wonderful tips and advice. It's people like you that make the DIS Awesome!

awww that is so sweet, thanks

that is a huge Praise and wonderful news about your Mom and how nice of your brother to make this happen for her and you all...I hope her road to full recovery and a new peace continues
Old 07-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #219
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

It is so great to hear the good news about your mom!!!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #220
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's great news about your mom!

I'm glad you decided to park hop since it is what will work best for you. I love my schedule which doesn't need hopping but know I can add it when we get there if something changes.
Thank you! She's doing great!

We don't really NEED hoppers....except of course for that Pirates League appt...but I really want Caden to have that experience so for me it's worth the cost!

Quote:
awww that is so sweet, thanks

that is a huge Praise and wonderful news about your Mom and how nice of your brother to make this happen for her and you all...I hope her road to full recovery and a new peace continues
You're welcome!

Thank you! My brother is wonderful, and he has the financial ability to be able to make things like this happen....I don't! This trip took A LOT of financial planning to be able to make it work! My mom has been to AA meetings and even inpatient rehab before, but it seems different this time! I hope THIS is the time that she stays strong and doesn't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
It is so great to hear the good news about your mom!!!
Thank you so much!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #221
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

For your mom! That is great news!!

Nice score on the Park Hoppers too!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #222
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Fun NEW idea in progress....

Yesterday I was spending a little time catching up on the DIS and my subscribed threads. The first thing I discovered was that I have WAY TOO MANY threads I am subscribed to! However, I was over on the Official October 2011 thread and stumbled upon the link to these:

The Wolfs Dance Orlando

The Wolfs Dance DisneyWorld 2011

I am sure many of you have seen the video... as the Wolf family are DisBoard and Disney Commercial celebrities! Anyway, I was thoroughly impressed and thought this was such a cool way to preserve family memories.

In my experience, most families take "home movies" and then never watch them again. With the age of the internet I guess some people upload video clips to Facebook and YouTube to share with family and friends, but aside from that I think most "home movies" are never watched again. This is one of the biggest reasons that I have never owned a video camera. Of course, my phone and my digital cameras have video capability, but I don't have a "camcorder" dedicated to video. OK....that's not entirely true. I did pick up a Sony Bloggie video camera a few months back specifically for our Disney trip. I haven't really even used it yet though, except to try it out. LOL

Well.....after watching the Wolf Family videos (they have 6 or 7 on their YouTube Channel....ALL GREAT) I decided that I wanted to do something like this when we go to Disney! It is my new planning obsession! As if I needed another one! I already have a few song ideas in my head, I have shown the Wolf Family videos to Wayne and my mom and they are on board. My grandparents just don't have a choice! Bwahahaha! Once I decided I wanted to do this I realized I was going to need some pretty awesome video editing software AND I was going to have to learn how to use it!

The very first Wolf Family video (Wolfs Dance Orlando) was edited using iMovie '09 which I already have! However, their most recent video (Wolfs Dance DisneyWorld 2011) was edited with Final Cut Pro which is a $300 program. Ahhhhhhh!!!! I don't have $300 to spend on video editing software. Last night I started experimenting with iMovie '09 with the few video clips I had of Caden on my computer. (Most of the clips came from camera phones or low end point and shoot cameras so the video quality isn't great.) However, I just wanted to see how steep the learning curve was. Well...it's not steep AT ALL!! I created a basic video with some still photos and video clips and added music to it. It's NOTHING like the Wolf Family videos, but that is my ULTIMATE goal!!!

Here is the link to my video on YouTube!

Caden Growing Up...Too Fast!

I'm not sure what will end up coming of it, but my goal is to have a finished product similar to this after we return from Disney! You'll all have to keep your eyes peeled when i start writing my TR!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #223
Parla

You did a great job! I would like to do something like that but I'm totally clueless and wouldn't know where to start. The last time I even tried to upload a video from my Sony video camera (uses the mini DVDs) I couldn't even successfully upload it. Then I tried just putting the DVD in the computer and found that my DVD drive was broken. Just figured I wasn't meant to mess with DVDs. I do plan on having us watch all the video we took from our first trip in 2006 before our trip this year. I wonder how many hours I have of that?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #224
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

very cute

when the twins were little Matt and I made this great video of them from birth through age 1) and they would watch it all the time...even the little girls would watch the "baby" video ...but yes since then and two old and non functioning video camera's later most of our videos sit collecting dust or can't even be viewed

I love watching the Wolf videos too they are AWESOME! I just watched the most recent one too...I have been inspired by them ...we took a TON of video borrowing my brother's camera in Nov. and my WONDERFUL DH finally finished converting the video and made 1 compile to a great song...it needs to be cleaned up just a tad and I plan to upload it to Youtube to share...

good luck w/ your video experiementing!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #225
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You did a great job! I would like to do something like that but I'm totally clueless and wouldn't know where to start. The last time I even tried to upload a video from my Sony video camera (uses the mini DVDs) I couldn't even successfully upload it. Then I tried just putting the DVD in the computer and found that my DVD drive was broken. Just figured I wasn't meant to mess with DVDs. I do plan on having us watch all the video we took from our first trip in 2006 before our trip this year. I wonder how many hours I have of that?
I am lucky to have a boyfriend who is a computer programmer, so if there's ever anything I can't figure out on my own he's there to help me! However...I am a "do it myself" kind of girl, so while I do ask for his help I do NOT want him to just take over and do it for me.

Quote:
very cute

when the twins were little Matt and I made this great video of them from birth through age 1) and they would watch it all the time...even the little girls would watch the "baby" video ...but yes since then and two old and non functioning video camera's later most of our videos sit collecting dust or can't even be viewed

I love watching the Wolf videos too they are AWESOME! I just watched the most recent one too...I have been inspired by them ...we took a TON of video borrowing my brother's camera in Nov. and my WONDERFUL DH finally finished converting the video and made 1 compile to a great song...it needs to be cleaned up just a tad and I plan to upload it to Youtube to share...

good luck w/ your video experiementing!
I have considered borrowing a video camera from someone to use while on the trip...or I may just stick with my Bloggie camera and see what I get. Either way I REALLY want to try and follow through on my plans. I think a video would be SO COOL!

Once you and Matt get your video finished I hope you will share with everyone here!

Tags
october 2011, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: