Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #166
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Congrats on your Kentucky Derby win! If I had the chance the bet I would have of course chosen Animal Kingdom.

The only thing I thought of in reading your update was the autograph book you're planning on setting out. That means you'll be at Chef Mickey's without an autograph book... just a thought.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #167
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Congrats on your Kentucky Derby win! If I had the chance the bet I would have of course chosen Animal Kingdom.

The only thing I thought of in reading your update was the autograph book you're planning on setting out. That means you'll be at Chef Mickey's without an autograph book... just a thought.
HOLY COW!!! I had not thought of that! Now I have to rethink my whole plan! Ahhhhhhhh.......

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #168
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Day TWO!

It looks like it's time for another PTR update. Last time I gave you details of Day 1...our arrival day. I guess I should probably go in chronological order so as not to confuse all of you! That means Day 2 is up next. I am so excited to introduce Caden and Wayne to the magic of Disney!

Day 2 - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunday, October 16

Day 2 will be our first FULL day in WDW and our first day in a theme park. We won't have park hoppers on this trip, so that basically means we only have 1 day in each park. I used touring plans, historical crowd data, park hours, evening event/show schedules and some good ole common sense when deciding which park to visit each day! We decided that we definitely want to see Fantasmic! on our trip, so we'll have to endure the added crowds in the parks that day in order to make that happen! I'm actually okay with this and I feel like we have a good touring plan and will be able to accomplish the things we want to do even with increased crowds! Whew....okay....onto the good stuff!

DHS opens at 9am this day and we are planning to arrive about 30 min prior to Rope Drop to get ourselves positioned for the madness that will ensue! Once we arrive and get inside the gates to the rope we will be splitting our group. Wayne will position himself on the right side to prepare for the mad dash to TSM for FastPasses. Now...keep in mind, Wayne has never been to WDW, has never stepped foot inside DHS (or any other WDW theme park) and I will be sending him off on his own as soon as we arrive! Surely he can follow the crowd and figure out how to operate a FastPass machine all by himself! Meanwhile, Caden and I will be positioning ourselves on the left side to head straight to Jedi Training Academy sign ups at RD! I really really think that Caden will have a blast doing this!

Once Wayne has TSM for the group and Caden is signed up for Jedi Training we'll embark on the rest of the touring plan. Some of our "schedule" will be determined by our return time for Jedi Training Academy. I want to try to minimize our zig zagging across the park as much as possible, but it will be necessary to some degree. Wayne & I will want to get in RnRC & ToT, probably while Caden is seeing a show with my grandparents (Little Mermaid or Beauty & the Beast) but we also have to make sure we ride Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, see the Lights Motors Action Stunt Show, and a few other things.

We'll break for lunch at a CS restaurant...probably somewhat early....maybe 11:30. After lunch we will continue with our touring plan...getting in as much as possible! I think we will be able to accomplish most if not all of what is on our must do list before our dinner ADR. We have an early ADR at 4:40pm for the Fantasmic! dining package at Hollywood & Vine. I'm thinking we should be finished with dinner by 6:00pm and will have about an hour to catch anything we might have missed earlier in the day. Fantasmic! is showing at 7:30pm that night and we will probably head to the theater a little before 7:00pm. We'll have our FDP vouchers so getting a seat shouldn't be a problem! As soon as Fantasmic is over we'll be heading back to the resort and getting in bed. I'm hoping by 9:00 we'll be back at the hotel!

It will be a long and exhausting day but I think it will be worth it! Woohooo I can't wait!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Old 06-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #169
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day! I love DHS! Hope Wayne can figure out the TSM FP machines for you! The Jedi Training Academy looks awesome! I've only seen Fantasmic once and never bothered with it again, it seems like such a hassle (the one time we did go, we walked in 5 minutes late and stood waaaay in the back!) but I kind of would like to give it another try, everyone loves it so much!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #170
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Sounds like a great day! I love DHS! Hope Wayne can figure out the TSM FP machines for you! The Jedi Training Academy looks awesome! I've only seen Fantasmic once and never bothered with it again, it seems like such a hassle (the one time we did go, we walked in 5 minutes late and stood waaaay in the back!) but I kind of would like to give it another try, everyone loves it so much!
Maybe I will have to YouTube FastPass machine usage and give wayne a quick lesson before we leave! I too have only seen fantasmic once, but I LOVED it! I really want Wayne and Caden both to be able to see it!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #171
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Wayne will have no problem with the fastpasses. They have cm's stationed at the machines to help. Plus, there will be others next to him and in front of him to watch. I was prepared for the worst for TSM rope drop but found the process very organized and easy.

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #172
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Your arrival day plan sounds great! so you will be doing most of the driving? i hate driving at night. since i had lasik about 10 years ago, it is just harder to drive at night and i am only 37!

the welcome package sounds like a great surprise! i think i am going to do one for William this time too. I am going to have a friend- another DISer i chat with pick up an Epcot passport book for me probably when she goes next week. Then i'll do a coloring book, maybe a t-shirt (we have a great disney outlet here near home), sunglasses, i haev a cute mickey halloween ears hat we got last year at another warehouse disney sale (looks like candy corn mickey ears!), autograph book and pen, mickey candy or snacks etc. Plus maybe some new pins for his lanyard.

are there any fun little toys you could pick up that would keep him entertained in lines or anything like that? a lanyard? pins? a ballcap/hat? i know our local walmart and walgreens will often have disney themed candy and suckers even. any kind of disney themed snacks to take with him to the parks each day? maybe his own little disposable camera?

Day 2 looks great too. We are doing MK/epcot that day. at least you have the dining package booked for F!, that should make it a bit easier. I am going to have the same plan for our DHS morning- one of us head to TSM and the other to Jedi Training with my son. My DH grabbed the TSM fastpasses last time, so i may have him do it again. LOL! I am sure Wayne will figure it out. Just be sure to prepare him for the madness that is the rush to TSM!!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #173
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hi sorry I got a bit behind....

your Travel day sounds good...good luck w/ the overnight driving...how long of a drive is it for you? we drove overnight from Chicago sub to Atlanta last yr Memorial weekend, my sil got the 2-6 am short end of the stick...she was zonked for a good portion of our actual arrival...so I'd plan on that nap...maybe Wayne can take Caden out of the room so you can do that

re the welcome bucket sounds great and I ditto all of Michelle's ideas too..l;ike a shirt...maybe get a custom DISign done that says "my first WDW trip"...a few snacks/treats and some little line activities.

Day 2) at DHS sounds good...I'd love to see F! to on our trip and it stinks it will only be Sun night our arrival...so we'll miss it.

to help Wayne get to TSM you could always draw him a path on a little map!

can you remind me what are your next days want to double check if we have a match

we are 16th MK, 17th EP, 18th DHS/MK-MNSSHP, 19th AK/EP, 20th MK

Julie
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #174
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
Wayne will have no problem with the fastpasses. They have cm's stationed at the machines to help. Plus, there will be others next to him and in front of him to watch. I was prepared for the worst for TSM rope drop but found the process very organized and easy.
I think he will be okay too. I just want to make sure he is prepared to possibly have to wait in a short line to get the fastpasses.....if I don't prepare him he might get cranky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Your arrival day plan sounds great! so you will be doing most of the driving? i hate driving at night. since i had lasik about 10 years ago, it is just harder to drive at night and i am only 37!

I will do most if not all of the driving. If I get tired I will ask Wayne to take over, but I am not a very good passenger. I get car sick if I'm a passenger and I prefer to be behind the wheel anyway.

the welcome package sounds like a great surprise! i think i am going to do one for William this time too. I am going to have a friend- another DISer i chat with pick up an Epcot passport book for me probably when she goes next week. Then i'll do a coloring book, maybe a t-shirt (we have a great disney outlet here near home), sunglasses, i haev a cute mickey halloween ears hat we got last year at another warehouse disney sale (looks like candy corn mickey ears!), autograph book and pen, mickey candy or snacks etc. Plus maybe some new pins for his lanyard.

I really want to do an EPCOT passport as well, and I don't think I want to bother with making it. I will have to pick one up when we go to EPCOT I guess. I do have a coloring book already...forgot to mention that. I didn't even think about snacks/candy though....what a GREAT idea!

are there any fun little toys you could pick up that would keep him entertained in lines or anything like that? a lanyard? pins? a ballcap/hat? i know our local walmart and walgreens will often have disney themed candy and suckers even. any kind of disney themed snacks to take with him to the parks each day? maybe his own little disposable camera?

I'm still up in the air on a lanyard and pins. I think maybe I want that for me!

Day 2 looks great too. We are doing MK/epcot that day. at least you have the dining package booked for F!, that should make it a bit easier. I am going to have the same plan for our DHS morning- one of us head to TSM and the other to Jedi Training with my son. My DH grabbed the TSM fastpasses last time, so i may have him do it again. LOL! I am sure Wayne will figure it out. Just be sure to prepare him for the madness that is the rush to TSM!!!
I will definitely prepare him for the mad rush! I definitely don't want to ruin him on Disney on our first park day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi sorry I got a bit behind....

your Travel day sounds good...good luck w/ the overnight driving...how long of a drive is it for you? we drove overnight from Chicago sub to Atlanta last yr Memorial weekend, my sil got the 2-6 am short end of the stick...she was zonked for a good portion of our actual arrival...so I'd plan on that nap...maybe Wayne can take Caden out of the room so you can do that

The drive is about 14 hours for us. I think we will be okay. I wil do most if not all of the driving (I get carsick as a passenger and CANNOT sleep in a car). I think I will definitely need a nap and I'm sure Wayne will have no problem occupying Caden while I sleep.

re the welcome bucket sounds great and I ditto all of Michelle's ideas too..l;ike a shirt...maybe get a custom DISign done that says "my first WDW trip"...a few snacks/treats and some little line activities.

I have a Pirate shirt to put in there already...might have to consider a DISign shirt too. Hmmmm.....

Day 2) at DHS sounds good...I'd love to see F! to on our trip and it stinks it will only be Sun night our arrival...so we'll miss it.

to help Wayne get to TSM you could always draw him a path on a little map!

He will totally laugh and make fun of me, but I will give him a map!

can you remind me what are your next days want to double check if we have a match

we are 16th MK, 17th EP, 18th DHS/MK-MNSSHP, 19th AK/EP, 20th MK

We will also be at EPCOT on the 17th (RD), the 18th is our OFF day from the parks, the 19th we will be our MK day (RD) and then the 20th wil be AK.

So it looks like there's a chance our paths will cross at EPCOT on the 17th!

Julie

Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 AM   #175
WDWCPALUM03
Mouseketeer

Joining in

HEY Joining in here, I will be going to WDW in OCT as well 22-30. It will be me, DH, and DD 2.10 months My mom is also going with us to see DD's first trip to the world. We are going to be doing a welcome package as well as some invitations left out through out the week for different Character meals. Im excited to read the rest of your plans

WDWCPALUM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #176
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Your DHS day sounds like ours. DH will head to the right for TSM while the kids and I rush to the left for jedi training sign-up. It's not the ideal plan, I would rather be heading toward ToT or RnRC but don't want them to miss out on jedi training. Our last trip wasn't a sign-up. It was pick people out of the crowd so we never bothered getting there early because I couldn't deal with my son's disappointment of not getting picked.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #177
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up! Everything looks awesome!

As for Epcot Passports, there is a person in Ebay who makes personalized ones with pictures etc.
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #178
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCPALUM03 View Post
HEY Joining in here, I will be going to WDW in OCT as well 22-30. It will be me, DH, and DD 2.10 months My mom is also going with us to see DD's first trip to the world. We are going to be doing a welcome package as well as some invitations left out through out the week for different Character meals. Im excited to read the rest of your plans
So glad to have you here! I love the idea of invitations for character meals! I might have to steal that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Your DHS day sounds like ours. DH will head to the right for TSM while the kids and I rush to the left for jedi training sign-up. It's not the ideal plan, I would rather be heading toward ToT or RnRC but don't want them to miss out on jedi training. Our last trip wasn't a sign-up. It was pick people out of the crowd so we never bothered getting there early because I couldn't deal with my son's disappointment of not getting picked.
I know Caden will LOVE the Jedi training. I am also making sure to set aside $$ for a build your own lightsaber for him. He has a lightsaber at his dad's house but not one at mine. All little boys need lightsabers, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Finally caught up! Everything looks awesome!

As for Epcot Passports, there is a person in Ebay who makes personalized ones with pictures etc.
Yay for catching up! I will look into the passports. Part of me wants to make one for him, but I've been so busy, IDK if I can fit in in! I'm still working on the Autograph book!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #179
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Day THREE

On the agenda for today....DAY 3 plans!

Day 3 - EPCOT - Monday, October 17

EPCOT opens at 9am this day. We will arrive about 30 min early to be there for Rope Drop! We are early risers anyway (Up by 6:30ish everyday, even weekends) so getting up for RD each day shouldn't be a problem!

As soon as the park opens we will be heading to to Soarin' to grab Fastpasses, then straight to Test Track to ride. I really love Test Track & I think Caden will really like it. I think I will plan to spend the $$ for the on ride pic at Test Track. After all....I need lots of photo memories for the scrapbook!

Our morning touring will include Test Track, Soarin (use FP), The Seas w/ Nemo, Turtle Talk, Mission: SPACE (me & Wayne), Circle of Life, Captain EO and Journey Into Imagination. I am hoping to fit all that in before lunch...not necessarily in that order. We have lunch ADR at Akershus at 12:25. the plan is to grab FP for Maelstrom before heading into lunch. If we have time & the wait isn't long we may just ride before eating.

After lunch, we'll head to Spaceship Earth for a nice calm ride while our lunch settles. If we were able to accomplish everything in the morning before lunch we may squeeze in Ellen's Energy Adventure but it's not a must do so we'll see. I think I'll let Caden run around and explore the Innoventions Pavilion next before heading back to World Showcase for touring.

Next up will be touring World Showcase. We'll start in Mexico, ride the GranFiesta Tour, and then tour each of the countries clockwise. When we get to Norway we'll use our Maelstrom fastpasses if we haven't already ridden. I don't really have a PLAN for World Showcase touring {GASP} but I have never leisurely toured WS so that is my goal. I will DEFINITELY bring a stroller for Caden for this day because I know he will NOT want to walk through WS while I explore. I hope to have a Passport for him so he is not TOO bored the second half of the day!

F&wF will be going on, but we will have another day planned JUST for that so that is low on the priority list. I know there are many street performers and little things to see in the WS so we will stop and watch anything that looks interesting! I'm TOTALLY open for suggestions here....what are your favorite street performers, mini shows, etc to see in WS?

We'll tour WS until our 6:50 ADR in Japan. We'll be dining at Teppan Edo. I think Caden will really enjoy the Hibachi grill. When we finish with dinner we'll either finish touring WS or gab a spot for IllumiNations (depending on time). We'll watch IllumiNations at 9 and then head back to the resort!

It is a JAM-PACKED day, but I am hoping with 2 TS meals that will give us all some break time throughout the day.

What do you think? Am I missing anything important? Ideas for WS street performers, mini shows, etc to see?

Thank you all for following along and commenting. I love having fellow Disney Lover's input!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #180
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I think your plans are great. I am a fan of the Future World morning/World Showcase evening split. I am planning on getting Jack a passport for the same reason, I really want to spend some time in the WS, without him throwing a fit. I am hoping to get Jack some time in Innoventions this time as well. Since it's just me and him, we will be skipping Mission:Space. I am not sure about Test Track. I am not a fan, but I feel like Jack should get to experience everything he is tall enough for
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
october 2011, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: