Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #46
billwendy
DIS Veteran
 
billwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: essington, PA
Posts: 4,940

UGH!!!!!! That is just terrible!!!! How can she still be in practice!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Im so sorry!!!
__________________
Wendy Billy and our fur ball Tigger

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #47
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
UGH!!!!!! That is just terrible!!!! How can she still be in practice!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Im so sorry!!!
Thanks. What is even more disheartening is that upon some further research on the internet, she settled a lawsuit in 2006 for more than $360,000. I don't know what to do. I don't knwo what I'm going to do if I see her when we go to the office.
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #48
sheridee32
Mouseketeer
 
sheridee32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrinsmommy View Post
Thanks. What is even more disheartening is that upon some further research on the internet, she settled a lawsuit in 2006 for more than $360,000. I don't know what to do. I don't knwo what I'm going to do if I see her when we go to the office.
Do yall use Scott and White are a Dr. out of Austin you can tell them you do not want her to see him but if something happens and she is the on call dr you may not have a choice but if you use scott and white they are great about making sure you dont see a dr that you dont want to. We use scott and white and have for over 25 years and I love them they did my kidney surgery and were great and they have an awsome pediatrics they are changing one of the hospitals in temple to a childrens hospital when my youngest grandaughter was born she was put back in nicu at 5 days old and they were awsome. I know they take chips and medicad which perrin should qualify for one of them. That would help some with meds and things I know we are retired state employees and that is the one thing I am worried about with this legislative session is what are they going to cut or go up on
Hope its a good weekend hope to be in your neck of the woods next weekend or sometime soon time for round wock doughnuts my mouth is watering we do craft shows at dell diamond havent done any this year.
Sheri
sheridee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #49
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridee32 View Post
Do yall use Scott and White are a Dr. out of Austin you can tell them you do not want her to see him but if something happens and she is the on call dr you may not have a choice but if you use scott and white they are great about making sure you dont see a dr that you dont want to. We use scott and white and have for over 25 years and I love them they did my kidney surgery and were great and they have an awsome pediatrics they are changing one of the hospitals in temple to a childrens hospital when my youngest grandaughter was born she was put back in nicu at 5 days old and they were awsome. I know they take chips and medicad which perrin should qualify for one of them. That would help some with meds and things I know we are retired state employees and that is the one thing I am worried about with this legislative session is what are they going to cut or go up on
Hope its a good weekend hope to be in your neck of the woods next weekend or sometime soon time for round wock doughnuts my mouth is watering we do craft shows at dell diamond havent done any this year.
Sheri
Perrin is on disability medicaid and SSI. She was an independent dr but most of our specialists are through Dell Childrens. She closed down her office and transfered to Dell. I am very disappointed that she was allowed to go to Dell after we made a formal complaint and they did an investigation. I will be telling the dr that I do NOT want her to even have ACCESS to his medical records. Isn't that part of HIPAA or can she look at them whenever she wants simply because she is a dr in the same office?
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #50
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am plesent to the dr who told me that my son didn't have CF (wrong!!) but of course your case in much more severe.

I would definatly go in and talk to them ASAP. Explain to them the situation and that you in no case want this Dr to see or have any access to your son. Hopefully they will work with you. As for HIPA, I am not sure if it is the same everywhere but in Illinois the law states that only those who need to know should have access to his information. So if you don't want her to ever treat your son, than she should not have access to this information. Plus if there is a leagal case pending she definatly should not have any access to his files. You might want to tell your lawyer about the turn of events and they can help you on that level.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #51
billwendy
DIS Veteran
 
billwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: essington, PA
Posts: 4,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrinsmommy View Post
Thanks. What is even more disheartening is that upon some further research on the internet, she settled a lawsuit in 2006 for more than $360,000. I don't know what to do. I don't knwo what I'm going to do if I see her when we go to the office.
Ugh - I pray you NEVER cross paths!!!!!!
__________________
Wendy Billy and our fur ball Tigger

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #52
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

thanks everyone. We go there on the 11th and my dh and I are going to sit down this week and prepare what we want to say to our dr. I just hope she hasn't had the chance to delete anything in his file. I just find it suspicious that she chose Perrin's dr's practice to join out of ALL the dr's in Austin. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I hope she isn't that underhanded and sneaky. I mean she already screwed up enough.
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #53
angeque143
Mouseketeer
 
angeque143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Afton NY
Posts: 415

Finally was able to read the whole story...Goodness Perrin has been through the wringer.....Funny that you mention the corpus colloseum. Eva just had an MRI and it showed thinning of it....I am curious how old was Perrin before they diagnosed him with CP...They are sticking with the diagnosis of "global dev. delays" I have my opinion on that diagnosis!!!

I am so sorry about your experience with the doctor..I have been down this road too! Our neonatologist dropped a bomb when Eva was at her most critical..."I think I overdosed her on the phenobarb"...She was in a coma from it for 3 days!! I wanted to transfer her out to a childrens hospital but was told if I did she would die....So I listened...I so blame myself for that choice especially since there were no specialists. WOULD HAVE COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE....

NICU babies are fighters from the get go and the best thing about them is that they are the happiest kids ever. I am sure you would agree that you would not trade them for the world!

I cant wait to see what a great time Perrin is going to have in Disney!!
__________________

Angie (41) Carissa 18 Anthony 6 and Eva 3 (wish child)
Miss Eva's GKTW/MAW PTR
Eva's Caring Bridge
angeque143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #54
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeque143 View Post
Finally was able to read the whole story...Goodness Perrin has been through the wringer.....Funny that you mention the corpus colloseum. Eva just had an MRI and it showed thinning of it....I am curious how old was Perrin before they diagnosed him with CP...They are sticking with the diagnosis of "global dev. delays" I have my opinion on that diagnosis!!!

I am so sorry about your experience with the doctor..I have been down this road too! Our neonatologist dropped a bomb when Eva was at her most critical..."I think I overdosed her on the phenobarb"...She was in a coma from it for 3 days!! I wanted to transfer her out to a childrens hospital but was told if I did she would die....So I listened...I so blame myself for that choice especially since there were no specialists. WOULD HAVE COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE....

NICU babies are fighters from the get go and the best thing about them is that they are the happiest kids ever. I am sure you would agree that you would not trade them for the world!

I cant wait to see what a great time Perrin is going to have in Disney!!
Thanks for reading! Yes he has been through a lot, but he is and always has been a fighter! Our neurologist in New Orleans refused to diagnose him with anything until he turned 3. They pointed out the damaged part of his brain that caused the CP and diagnosed based on that and his motor skills and muscle control. I can't believe that dr said that to you! Unfortunately us special needs moms have to deal with crazy drs. I too wish I sent him to a different hospital. I beat myself up all the time about the what ifs. What if he saw a different neuro from the start. What if I sent him to Children's instead of Tulane. And you are 1 million percent correct I would not trade him for the UNIVERSE!!! LOL I hope you find out more about Eva. Some drs are just SUPER slow on diagnosis for fear of lawsuits. I am blessed to have the BEST neurologist in the world!
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #55
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

I deffinatly have soft spot in my heart for NICU babies (ours was called ISCU but it's the same thing. Is it strange that I still have that number in my speed dial.) It is amazing to me that they have to come into this world fighting for their lives. My son spent more time in the hospital in his short life than all my times in the hospital combined.

I was on another thread with a man who has CP and his wife in an old thread showed the symptoms of CP. I am a little worried that the baby seems to be showing some of those signs. The neurologist doesn't seem to be to concerned but is scheduling a MRI for some time soon. (Very sweet man, wore a bow tie)

I hope that I am just being an overprotective mom (after all didn't I go through two magnisium treatments to prevent this) but I guess I'll just have to wait and pray.

But then again this is your thread, so sorry about the rant.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #56
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I deffinatly have soft spot in my heart for NICU babies (ours was called ISCU but it's the same thing. Is it strange that I still have that number in my speed dial.) It is amazing to me that they have to come into this world fighting for their lives. My son spent more time in the hospital in his short life than all my times in the hospital combined.

I was on another thread with a man who has CP and his wife in an old thread showed the symptoms of CP. I am a little worried that the baby seems to be showing some of those signs. The neurologist doesn't seem to be to concerned but is scheduling a MRI for some time soon. (Very sweet man, wore a bow tie)

I hope that I am just being an overprotective mom (after all didn't I go through two magnisium treatments to prevent this) but I guess I'll just have to wait and pray.

But then again this is your thread, so sorry about the rant.
Don't be sorry! Rant away! I feel like some days the only thing I can do is rant on the computer because it only starts a fight with dh as he has heard all this many times before! I know how you feel about being overprotective. Perrin is in Miracle League baseball (special needs tball) and my dh keeps pushing me to "mainstream" him for baseball. To have him play with "normal" kids. I refuse on the basis of what other children have said. There is a little punk kid 2 doors down that told our neighbor's kid "I don't want to play with Perrin. He's SPECIAL NEEDS." Like he had some contagious disease or was the scum of the earth. But when Perrin started to get out his HUGE power wheel jeep, he wanted to be Perrin's best friend and drive the jeep. Our neighborhood SUCKS! I can't wait to move. My poor P has no friends in the neighborhood, except for our neighbor. All his friends live right around the school. UGH. Now I have to apologize for the rant. LOL. Sometimes I can't stop myself.
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #57
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrinsmommy View Post
Don't be sorry! Rant away! I feel like some days the only thing I can do is rant on the computer because it only starts a fight with dh as he has heard all this many times before! I know how you feel about being overprotective. Perrin is in Miracle League baseball (special needs tball) and my dh keeps pushing me to "mainstream" him for baseball. To have him play with "normal" kids. I refuse on the basis of what other children have said. There is a little punk kid 2 doors down that told our neighbor's kid "I don't want to play with Perrin. He's SPECIAL NEEDS." Like he had some contagious disease or was the scum of the earth. But when Perrin started to get out his HUGE power wheel jeep, he wanted to be Perrin's best friend and drive the jeep. Our neighborhood SUCKS! I can't wait to move. My poor P has no friends in the neighborhood, except for our neighbor. All his friends live right around the school. UGH. Now I have to apologize for the rant. LOL. Sometimes I can't stop myself.
Some people can be so ignorant and unfortunatly is usually starts in the home with some very ignorant parents. I actually had to pull my DD grammy aside to have a talk with her when my DD told my son (has CF) that he was going to die. I told her to please let me talk to my kids about CF.

for both you and Perrin. We can't wait to see you guys in June.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #58
billwendy
DIS Veteran
 
billwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: essington, PA
Posts: 4,940

Ugh - uneducated kid with uneducated parents - what a totall bummer that he said that!!

I work super hard at having kids accept any person for who they are. I bring a bunch of teens from my church with me to Camp Promise in MT. Its a camp for kids/adults with various special needs. At first, the teens were kinda scared to come - but now for some of them its their 7th year coming!! And, 3 of them have made decisions to become special education teachers. They have learned that special education or special needs doesnt me dumb! It just means a bit different. My nephew Matt, who is now 17 (came with us to camp when he was just 11) gets in and really has a good time with the campers - he tackles the Kids with Down Syndrome and wrestles with the guys too!!!

People are just different, we need to be accepting!!!!!!
__________________
Wendy Billy and our fur ball Tigger

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #59
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Some people can be so ignorant and unfortunatly is usually starts in the home with some very ignorant parents. I actually had to pull my DD grammy aside to have a talk with her when my DD told my son (has CF) that he was going to die. I told her to please let me talk to my kids about CF.

for both you and Perrin. We can't wait to see you guys in June.
I am soooo sorry she did that! That is uncalled for, family or not. We are excited to meet you and Liam too.
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #60
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Ugh - uneducated kid with uneducated parents - what a totall bummer that he said that!!

I work super hard at having kids accept any person for who they are. I bring a bunch of teens from my church with me to Camp Promise in MT. Its a camp for kids/adults with various special needs. At first, the teens were kinda scared to come - but now for some of them its their 7th year coming!! And, 3 of them have made decisions to become special education teachers. They have learned that special education or special needs doesnt me dumb! It just means a bit different. My nephew Matt, who is now 17 (came with us to camp when he was just 11) gets in and really has a good time with the campers - he tackles the Kids with Down Syndrome and wrestles with the guys too!!!

People are just different, we need to be accepting!!!!!!
That's why I LOVE Miracle League. All of the buddies are high school kids from the area and are soooooo sweet!
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus, maw, wdw



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.