Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #121
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a crowd at Magical Express! I don't remember seeing it that bad when we flew in the few times.

I sure wish I could get Tom to fly again but he likes having the car. Thank goodness he likes driving at night so I can sleep the 14 hours away!

Pop looks like a lot fun! I can't wait to read more.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #122
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I got quite a laugh out of the Bella security line fiasco. I spent many years in daycare she's what we called an "ESCAPEE".
We called and still call them RUNNERS. Kind of hard when you are doing swim lessons in the pool and the little one is able to get up from sitting on the edge and take off. I have learned to ask parents if their kid is a runner so the guard on deck is prepared.

We had one today - no lessons just running around the waterpark, Sebastian. I used the bathroom in the locker room and as soon as mom put him down he took off. I caught up with them later in teh lobby ad he was banging his head against a window in our party room. Then she had to corral him to leave. I thought the whole thing was amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
She's discovered how to grab and run now, too. She sees it, she slyly goes by it, and then in a millisecond, she has it in her possession and is gone!

Oh Jill is right, just like Chris was. Yes he got swatted a few times for thinking it was a game to snatch and run.

It is amazing how quick they can turn on the motor and take off. It is almost like you see the skidmarks as they take off.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #123
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Oh my am I having flashes of the future. DD is 15 months and is definitely showing the signs of being a runner Better go out and buy some good sneakers now.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #124
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

My brother used to take off a LOT. He also used to never want to hold my mom's hand in parking lots, so I have memories of walking through parking lots, holding my mom's hand while she had a grip on Michael's forearm with her other hand so he couldn't take off. Sometimes he'd get really upset about it, so I also have memories of him crying and getting "spaghetti legs" while we were walking and my mom was holding his arm. Then he broke his leg at age three playing on an old swingset in our new house's backyard (the house where we are now) -- it was one of those swings where the two people face each other, and his foot got caught under it when he was getting off (or he fell off, I can't remember) and his leg just snapped. He also had to wear glasses starting when he was two or three, and he'd come home from preschool with them all twisted and mangled. My mom would ask him what happened and he would say either "nothing" or "I don't know." He was very "busy."

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 03-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #125
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:

You've been out traveling around, haven't you?
Did you go to Dollywood? I really want to do that one weekend.
I sure have!!! LOL

I really wanted too, but they don't open till next month It is honestly one of the best theme parks around. You will definitely have to do it one weekend!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #126
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi friends -

Good news on the NYE trip front. I found a flight today for $268, which around Christmas / New Year is VERY good.

It leaves here on the 29th & I fly home on the 3rd. I'll toss it around a few more days before I book but that's the best deal I've seen.
Everything is so expensive for that week. And, of course, they will jack up the prices of the table service meals, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOW that is a lot of people at ME!!! Glad you made it there!! I recently switched my summer ressie from POR to POP (part of it was $$, the other part was that I love POP and miss staying there) I want to really explore the resort some more!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of it!! You and Tracy really have me wanting to stay there!!! WOOT WOOT!!
Even the values are sometimes pretty expensive. I hope you enjoy your stay. You'll get to see the progress at AoA, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The ME line is scary!
It was not a nice way to start off putting all those people in front of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Aww I forgot the theme of Bella's party is 101 Dalmatians! So cute! I can't wait to see what kind of cake Jill's going to come up with.
Her wheels have been spinning, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Okay...what is BOGP? Am I missing something good?

School day is over and now you can enjoy your March break!

I was happy tonight that it was March break here....alot less traffic on the drive home.
Yes, you are missing something good. It's a different kind of podcast than the DIS. I like all the different ones for the different things they offer. This one highlights trips, resorts, restaurants, etc. Go to the website, then go to Past Episodes. You can scroll through and see the topics you are interested in. They have podcasts on Mondays and Fridays.

for SIX days of freedom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I think it's the Be Our Guest Podcast. There was a link to it on the MouseForless newsletter today.
That's it. Scott did an episode, and so did Nicole. I enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
LOL! That;s how I catch Caleb too...by his coat hood!

We are also having a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party for Caleb's 3rd but its not until September! I bought the mickey mouse serving bowl that everyone on this thread saw at target for his party! I wanted more than 1 but I was not sure what I would do with them later and storage wise. I wanted the little mickey mouse hand appitetizer plates but they were small and I was not sure what I would do with those!

Caleb loves his Gickey Mouse!
I do the same thing - think I need something, but I'm not sure how and when I'll need it.
I need more storage area for all

Your Mickey party will be a big hit, I am sure. It's nice to know we're not the only ones who think way ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, what a crowd at Magical Express! I don't remember seeing it that bad when we flew in the few times.

I sure wish I could get Tom to fly again but he likes having the car. Thank goodness he likes driving at night so I can sleep the 14 hours away!

Pop looks like a lot fun! I can't wait to read more.
I admit that I have become spoiled to flying. My leg swells up when we drive. It's not too bad, though, since we stop halfway, and it is nice to make that grocery run before we hit Disney property. We load up on fruit, for one thing, and Jill doesn't have to ship diapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
We called and still call them RUNNERS. Kind of hard when you are doing swim lessons in the pool and the little one is able to get up from sitting on the edge and take off. I have learned to ask parents if their kid is a runner so the guard on deck is prepared.

We had one today - no lessons just running around the waterpark, Sebastian. I used the bathroom in the locker room and as soon as mom put him down he took off. I caught up with them later in teh lobby ad he was banging his head against a window in our party room. Then she had to corral him to leave. I thought the whole thing was amusing.

Oh Jill is right, just like Chris was. Yes he got swatted a few times for thinking it was a game to snatch and run.

It is amazing how quick they can turn on the motor and take off. It is almost like you see the skidmarks as they take off.
Yep, they have to know when it is not funny, but dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Oh my am I having flashes of the future. DD is 15 months and is definitely showing the signs of being a runner Better go out and buy some good sneakers now.
Sounds like you should. She's probably about to give you a good run for your money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
My brother used to take off a LOT. He also used to never want to hold my mom's hand in parking lots, so I have memories of walking through parking lots, holding my mom's hand while she had a grip on Michael's forearm with her other hand so he couldn't take off. Sometimes he'd get really upset about it, so I also have memories of him crying and getting "spaghetti legs" while we were walking and my mom was holding his arm. Then he broke his leg at age three playing on an old swingset in our new house's backyard (the house where we are now) -- it was one of those swings where the two people face each other, and his foot got caught under it when he was getting off (or he fell off, I can't remember) and his leg just snapped. He also had to wear glasses starting when he was two or three, and he'd come home from preschool with them all twisted and mangled. My mom would ask him what happened and he would say either "nothing" or "I don't know." He was very "busy."
I snapped a finger once, and it hurt like the dickens. I can only imagine what a whole leg would feel like. Mine was reaching out to grab my purse back from a boyfriend who had taken it and run off, being silly. We were about 13, maybe, and just being silly. I reached out to grab it at the same time he cut back. My pinky finger got caught in the loop and snapped. The tip of my finger was backwards, almost touching my wrist. It was weird looking and a tiny bit painful.

Parking lots scare me a lot. They are dangerous even for adults, much less kids. I get a little paranoid when we are in parking lots with the girls.

My boys have led me to doctors and emergency rooms many, many times. Jill was a breeze compared to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I sure have!!! LOL

I really wanted too, but they don't open till next month It is honestly one of the best theme parks around. You will definitely have to do it one weekend!
I plan to. It's just a matter of when. I know the girls would love it.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 03-14-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #127
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you are missing something good. It's a different kind of podcast than the DIS. I like the different ones for the different things they offer. This one highlights trips, resorts, restaurants, etc. Go to the website, then go to Past Episodes. You can scroll through and see the topics you are interested in. They have podcasts on Mondays and Fridays.

Were you listening when I got the prize. I will get to that update .... I still have a couple trips in front of it.

Quote:
Yep, they have to know when it is not funny, but dangerous.
Especially when they can get out of the pool area easily.

Quote:
My boys have led me to doctors and emergency rooms many, many times. Jill was a breeze compared to them!
My girl was worse than my boy. Teachers and doctors felt sorry for me when I told my DS was the easy one. He had difficult times but nothing compared to my DD.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #128
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Have a super spring break! Yaaa! Ours doesn't start till April 15th

I resorted to those leashes for young kids when my kids were young and wanted to get out of the stroller. I gave all the people who gave me mean looks a look back as if to say....its this or she will take off.

We arrived really early too...I think 8:17 am and we were the only ones at ME check in and they had us bypass the counter all together. And we were the only ones on the ME bus too. I am shocked that they have crowds like that...wow! What a sight.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #129
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This made me laugh I can just imagine how many times Josh and Jeremy will have to go to the emergency room with Kazin and Caleb. My mom got lucky with me. I've only been to the ER twice. The first time was when I was 5. I was playing on a playground and tripped while running down the little hill. I put both hands on the ground to catch myself and apparently landed at the wrong angle and broke my right collar bone. I cried a bit, but I was okay. I was in a sling for weeks and could only wear button down shirts because I couldn't get a shirt over my head without it hurting. The second time, wasn't an injury. I was 8 and I apparently had the flu or something and I fainted...during my mom's bell choir rehearsal at the church. I woke up like 30 seconds later with about 10 people standing over me. It was kind of embarrassing

Hooray for spring break! Mine's not until the 3rd week of April. The saturday after our spring break is my 18th birthday! I'm hopefully going to a Red Sox game that day and possibly meeting up with Meg. DIS meets are already fun, but a birthday DIS meet will be even better!

Next: Graduation trip in 2015!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #130
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I always forget that you guys have spring break so much earlier than the schools here (except for the colleges -- I am on break, too!) I guess it's because you go back to school earlier and get out earlier. My sister's and my mom's starts April 15. Kailyn leaves for Disney the 14th. She feels very guilty over leaving the day the day after my birthday, but I'm excited for her and I am really hoping that she sends me a bunch of pictures!

Quote:
When my mom was pregnant with Michael, I had to go with her to an appointment, and I just sat quietly and colored. The doctor nodded to me and said to my mom, "don't expect that with this one."

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #131
DisneyJoo2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
LOL! That;s how I catch Caleb too...by his coat hood!

We are also having a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party for Caleb's 3rd but its not until September! I bought the mickey mouse serving bowl that everyone on this thread saw at target for his party! I wanted more than 1 but I was not sure what I would do with them later and storage wise. I wanted the little mickey mouse hand appitetizer plates but they were small and I was not sure what I would do with those!

Caleb loves his Gickey Mouse!
Toby ADORES "Mittey" - he always shouts it at the TV when it comes on - or he'll shout "Donal" too. He goes "oooooh tottttles" too!!!

I wish I lived over there - I know I would get so much good stuff for his party theme! I am just deciding how to make a cake. I am thinking I might have to get a Mickey Head cookie cutter from ebay and make icing mickey head shapes in black, white, read & yellow... I'm not good with proper icing of cakes etc.!

xxx

Old 03-15-2011, 04:15 AM   #132
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Were you listening when I got the prize. I will get to that update .... I still have a couple trips in front of it.

Especially when they can get out of the pool area easily.

My girl was worse than my boy. Teachers and doctors felt sorry for me when I told my DS was the easy one. He had difficult times but nothing compared to my DD.
What did you win? I think I was, or either I remember you talking about it. It's been a while, but I remember something about it.

I'd love to have a pool here for the girls as they grow up, but I would have to have a huge privacy fence and lock to feel safe for the neighborhood kids' sake, and I would need an alarm, cover, etc. for the safety of the kids who came to my house. It would probably bring me more worry than happiness, though, so that, along with the cost factor, will probably keep me from ever getting one. Swimming would be the perfect exercise for me, because it would be easy on my feeble legs, and I was a good swimmer as a young person. For that reason alone, I would love to have a pool, because I could swim away a whole bunch of pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post

Have a super spring break! Yaaa! Ours doesn't start till April 15th

I resorted to those leashes for young kids when my kids were young and wanted to get out of the stroller. I gave all the people who gave me mean looks a look back as if to say....its this or she will take off.

We arrived really early too...I think 8:17 am and we were the only ones at ME check in and they had us bypass the counter all together. And we were the only ones on the ME bus too. I am shocked that they have crowds like that...wow! What a sight.
Bella will need a leash of some sort when she starts wanting to be out of the stroller more. She can't be trusted.

Yeah, we're usually in those small groups who get right on the bus pretty much. This was a different experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
This made me laugh I can just imagine how many times Josh and Jeremy will have to go to the emergency room with Kazin and Caleb. My mom got lucky with me. I've only been to the ER twice. The first time was when I was 5. I was playing on a playground and tripped while running down the little hill. I put both hands on the ground to catch myself and apparently landed at the wrong angle and broke my right collar bone. I cried a bit, but I was okay. I was in a sling for weeks and could only wear button down shirts because I couldn't get a shirt over my head without it hurting. The second time, wasn't an injury. I was 8 and I apparently had the flu or something and I fainted...during my mom's bell choir rehearsal at the church. I woke up like 30 seconds later with about 10 people standing over me. It was kind of embarrassing

Hooray for spring break! Mine's not until the 3rd week of April. The saturday after our spring break is my 18th birthday! I'm hopefully going to a Red Sox game that day and possibly meeting up with Meg. DIS meets are already fun, but a birthday DIS meet will be even better!
I hope you get the ball game and the DIS friend meet.

I'm sure your mom appreciates that you were an easy child and didn't make her get too familiar with a bunch of doctors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I always forget that you guys have spring break so much earlier than the schools here (except for the colleges -- I am on break, too!) I guess it's because you go back to school earlier and get out earlier. My sister's and my mom's starts April 15. Kailyn leaves for Disney the 14th. She feels very guilty over leaving the day the day after my birthday, but I'm excited for her and I am really hoping that she sends me a bunch of pictures!

When my mom was pregnant with Michael, I had to go with her to an appointment, and I just sat quietly and colored. The doctor nodded to me and said to my mom, "don't expect that with this one."
I know she will send you lots of pictures to enjoy.

Which you will, in turn, put up for us to see, right?

Yes, Jill would have been the coloring one, or more likely, she would have had a book.
Having her first made me fall in love with kids more than ever and want more.
Then I got these crazy boys for my greed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJoo2008 View Post
Toby ADORES "Mittey" - he always shouts it at the TV when it comes on - or he'll shout "Donal" too. He goes "oooooh tottttles" too!!!

I wish I lived over there - I know I would get so much good stuff for his party theme! I am just deciding how to make a cake. I am thinking I might have to get a Mickey Head cookie cutter from ebay and make icing mickey head shapes in black, white, read & yellow... I'm not good with proper icing of cakes etc.!

xxx
You can probably get just a few main party supplies from ebay, and then fill in with the basic red, white, yellow, and black colors. Cookies are better than cake for kids, though, so I wouldn't even stress over a cake.

Before you know it, our little rascals will be two!
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #133
MeMom
DIS Veteran

So, up to now, we have found our way from home to BNA, from BNA to MCO, from MCO to ME, from ME to Pop, and from Pop, we've seen the new stuff going on at AoA.

Pop had a different 'vibe' this trip, as the lively Hippy Dippy Pool was all closed up. Here's a picture I have not ever taken until this trip.

They're getting it all ready for the summer crowds yet to come.

We made our way back to Classic Hall and did a bit of browsing.

Our first trip of 2011.

We're booked for three more, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that they all come through.

Duffy and assorted outfits.

How Minnie is stylin' in 2011.

Old friends and a new one.

40th anniversary things.

I fully intended to get those ears before I left, but we were so rushed in the last few minutes of the trip getting back from Epcot to UnME that I totally forgot about them. I have only had one set of ears, the classic ones, in my life, so I thought it would be appropriate for these to be my second pair, since I really was there 40 years ago. I'll get them in July.

We found something exciting had just happened in the food court.

New mugs!

They were really just coming out on the shelves that minute. After we got to our table, we had CM's stopping by to see them, as they didn't even know they were out yet.

There were new napkins, too.

Yes, I am 53 years old, closing in on 54, and I take pictures of Disney napkins.

We shared a pizza as we waited for a BOGP friend, Debbie, to come over to meet for a few minutes. We enjoyed meeting her, but I didn't remember to get a picture.

Here's Jill modeling Pop pizza and a new mug.

Bella couldn't be bothered for a picture, as she had pizza to attend to.

After the pizza and the meet, we started out for Magic Kingdom. First, we needed to make a potty stop.

That would prove to be a wrong move.

And a right move.

Both of those.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #134
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Gasp! The Hippy Dippy was drained? How sad!

I really just can't wait to get my hands on some of that 40th anniversary stuff and the new mugs! I know I will need one with a pink lid.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #135
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Love the new mugs and know already I'm going to have a difficult time selecting amongst the 40th anniversary merchandise!

Wow that Duffy has quite a wardrobe!

I just love a happy day at WDW and arrival day is always extra special with your whole visit stretching out in front of you.

Enjoy your spring break!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: