Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #751
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Congratulations Jill and Bella!! Not dealing with diapers is lovely! I'm not even a parent and it's gonna be hard to get changing diapers again when newest DNiece comes next month!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #752
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Thanks for the pictures of "our" area at Pop! Oh, to be there right now, sitting by the pool and listening to that music...

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #753
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Wow, there is always a lot to catch up on around here!

The party looked like so much fun! You guys did a great job with decorations and activities! I agree that you'd be very successful Disney party planners!

Congrats on Trent and Tanya moving back home! I know that my parents would be over the moon if we moved back to CT, but I don't think that will ever happen.

Great pics from the parks as usual! I really need to go see muppets for our next trip, I don't think I've seen it in almost two years! It looks like you guys also had a great time at the animation studio. I think its cute and fun, and definitely a great way to take a break in the AC. I also loved your pool pics! I spent many weekends at Pop back when we lived in Jacksonville, FL because we got such great AP/FL Resident rates. I wish I was there right now!

We had a really nice weekend here as well, my parents came down to visit and we went to the Natural History Smithsonian on Saturday and went to the cherry blossom festival on Sunday. We really enjoy living in DC, but DH and I have decided that we are not going to stay here. I'm sure DH could find a good job in DC, but even if with good pay, the cost of living is just too high. We've decided that when DH is done with his military commitment next year we're going to shoot for either Huntsville AL, or Tampa FL, since they both have centers for Naval intelligence. I'm voting for Tampa, since I'd love to get back to Florida (and Disney) but AL would be OK too!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #754
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Ahh..to be back in WDW, swimming at the pool! I think if we let him, Little Guy would've been perfectly happy just staying at the pool the whole trip!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #755
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

Hi MeMom and Jill! I have been following along but wanted to wait until I reached the end to speak up. Love the TR. It looks fun. You should do all of Pop's marketing because you make it look like the most fantastic place on earth. We have got to get over there one day!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #756
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

All of you who have been there know exactly where that is and what it feels like to be sitting out by that pool.
I believe that was my chair just about a month ago! Right before the thunderstorm rolled in for the night!

Congrats to Bella (and Jill) for the dry day!! Diaper free days are just around the corner!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #757
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, BELLA!

And congratulations on your big girl panties.
No more diapers=more Disney money.

TRIP NEWS:
I have been trying to book Chef Mickey's for several weeks now but not having any luck. We are a party of 7 and the fact that we are now 55 days out, I don't see it happening. I have already budgeted for that meal and have the money put aside. Since we won't be using it to eat, I decided to add a day to our trip!!!! I am so excited! I figured another 24 hours at Disney is a whole lot better than a couple hours of eating.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #758
PrincessEmma630
Mouseketeer

Hi MeMom & Brooklynsmommy...I'm pretty new here, but I've enjoyed reading your TR's very much over the last few weeks! I especially LOVE the pics of all the shopping! Your granddaughters (daughters) are absolutely adorable! We're heading down to Disney in July, for our first family trip there, and we can't wait!

Last edited by PrincessEmma630; 04-07-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #759
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
There is!

Bella wore big girl panties yesterday and stayed dry all day! She looks absolutely hilarious though because she has no rear so her pants and panties kept sliding down and showing her crack and there is a lot of extra fabric since she is so tiny.

I took Bellarie to the doctor yesterday for her 2 year check up and she weighed in at a whopping 22 pounds and 5 ounces and is 34 inches tall. She won't be riding any height restriction rides any time soon.
Congrats to Bella for staying dry all day She's such a little peanut How tall was Brooklynn at that age?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #760
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I know exactly where you were and for a few moments I was there too. Thanks.

How great that you got to meet Magicshell's family.
We had met them before at the Atlanta DIS meet. They are such a sweet bunch. I hope our trips will cross again, or maybe we'll have more Atlanta DIS meets.

Wouldn't it be nice to be sitting out by that pool right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Thanks for an evening by the pool! I needed that after a long day of yard work! How awesome to be able to swim in the winter! I wonder what the girls think about swimming on vacation and then going back to coats and sweaters at home. They must think Florida is on another planet or something!
We get a rude awakening when we get off the plane on fall and winter trips. Nashville reminds us real quickly that we aren't in Orlando any more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Yes I have been to that pool also. In 2006 we stayed in the 50's section so that is the pool we used. Nice pics!
Now if we can just all get to that place at the same time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
Ah, yes, a seat by the pool is just what I needed this evening. Thanks for the "Calgon" moment, MeMom! (Remember the old ad campaign? "Calgon, take me away!")

And I have to say that Trent's Brooklyn-baiting is just the cutest! High-larious!
More pool time coming up in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I hear there is big news for Bella- Congrats!!!
Day One was a success.
I haven't heard about Day Two yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
That pool looks so inviting! It was 90 degrees here today and I was looking longingly at our pool, it looks great, but boy is that water cold! Probably another couple of months before it'll be warm enough for me to get in it...
Nights are still cool here. I had a thin layer of ice on my windshield yesterday morning. The days are lovely, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ah, sitting by a Disney pool always elicits a sigh of contentment from me!

Your picture of MagicShell and family cracks me up!!! You didn't want to do the Walmart holler? LOL! How fun that you were able to meet up with them!
I am not a 'yeller'. We have teachers who talk so loudly and yell all the time, and I can't stand to walk by their lines or classes when they are doing all that.

Disney pools may be a bit chilly in December.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #761
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
2 months from today I plan to be sitting right there too!! (or the hippy dippy pool but you get the idea )
Three months for us. We'll probably hang out at the kiddie pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahill View Post
My clothing items are size S/M/6/8, but I also have a few accessories. I also have a BNIP girly crib set and a Skip Hop clutch. Scroll down for full listing/details! IHA: -Old Navy Cardigan -Forever 21 Ombre Blouse -Gap Denim Jacket -Ella Moss Anthropologie Striped Tank -Ann Taylor Celebrations Cocktail Dress (size 12, selling for my sis) -2 different Anthropologie top lots -1 more Anthro tops ...
Not sure you meant to post that on this thread. Maybe the Budget Board or Families?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
Congratulations to Bella! I saw it on Facebook too. So glad she is potty training early. Blake, my youngest held out until 3. He is finally doing good, but not completely trained yet. He is my stubborn one. Love the pics. I wish I was at the pool right now.
Jill was almost three, too. Bella is very young, I think, but if she does it, great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay for Bella! Can you imagine how great it will be to travel to Disney and not have to worry about bringing/ordering a ton of diapers?
I'm sure Jill will enjoy the short break she'll get in not shipping diapers. Hopefully, though, she hasn't ruled out shipping again someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Poor thing! I wish I had that problem...... well the being too tiny part anyway!
I tell Jill she has bird bones. They're hollow.
People pick her up and zoom her through the roof because they don't expect her to be so light. I think it was Wade who did that Saturday at the party. He's used to his big boys, and he picked Bella up and got a shocked look on his face and said, "Whoah!" as she zoomed upward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
YEAH BELLA! I can't wait to get rid of the diapers. Fingers crossed my DD trains early too. Too funny about her pants falling down. She is a little peanut. my DD is 16months and already 24lbs and 32in. Definitely BIG for her age, not fat just big.
Brooklynn was solid. She's built more like John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Yea, for Bella! That is quite an accomplishment. I know you must be real happy, Jill.
It is a pretty big deal at just turning two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
I love those! As soon as I have some extra money i'm going to pick up that cup and the spring plates!

Tiny little princess! I was the same way! I was full term when I was born, but I only weighed 4lbs 2oz. Yay that she stayed dry! Just think of the day's of no more diapers! Is she still rear facing? She's small enough to be

I agree! The days of no more diapers are just around the corner!

Yippee!!!! Our little girl is growing up Jill must be so excited!
Bella is at a very fun stage, and she's got such a great personality. Jill says she's showing 'terrible two' signs, but I'm sure Bella is a perfect angel and it is all Jill's imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I love those Pop pictures!! I want to be there right now. And I'm sort of taking your post as a sign. We've been going over things and it just doesn't seem like we can pull off a big family trip in October. So we've been tossing around the idea of a mom and girls trip, for a long weekend over their fall break in October. We'd do it as cheaply as possible and stay value for sure. Pop has been at the front of my mind so when I saw your pictures, it just really hit me that's where we should stay. Thanks for this MeMom!

Congrats to Bella on the big girl panties! What a wonderful little girl she is. Little peanut.
I hope you get that girls' trip. We have an absolute blast on ours! Let me know your dates. We may have to change ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAisforDisneyLvrs View Post
Not having to worry about diapers is such a relief! Good for Bella and Hooray for Jill!

We spent the afternoon at the zoo yesterday. They just opened a new section called "Trail of the Tiger." It was very cool and reminded me of Animal Kingdom. Not all of the animals are out yet. It was still too cool for the birds, one of the tigers is shy so he sits in the doorway to his enclosure and doesn't venture into the open grassy part yet, and the orangutans are still adjusting so they only go into their day room, too. It just opened on Saturday, so it's all new to them-can't say I blame them for being a little confused! I can't wait to go back in a few weeks to see it again.

If you don't mind, could I post a few pictures?
You can absolutely post pictures here. If the weather is good, we are planning a trip to Louisville Zoo in a few weeks. We love zoos!

And Nahtazus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty's Nonnie View Post
Go Bella!
Congrats to you little girl!
She's quite proud of herself.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #762
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Congratulations Jill and Bella!! Not dealing with diapers is lovely! I'm not even a parent and it's gonna be hard to get changing diapers again when newest DNiece comes next month!
But just look at the sweet little faces that come with those yucky diapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Thanks for the pictures of "our" area at Pop! Oh, to be there right now, sitting by the pool and listening to that music...
I know just what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Wow, there is always a lot to catch up on around here!

The party looked like so much fun! You guys did a great job with decorations and activities! I agree that you'd be very successful Disney party planners!

Congrats on Trent and Tanya moving back home! I know that my parents would be over the moon if we moved back to CT, but I don't think that will ever happen.

Great pics from the parks as usual! I really need to go see muppets for our next trip, I don't think I've seen it in almost two years! It looks like you guys also had a great time at the animation studio. I think its cute and fun, and definitely a great way to take a break in the AC. I also loved your pool pics! I spent many weekends at Pop back when we lived in Jacksonville, FL because we got such great AP/FL Resident rates. I wish I was there right now!

We had a really nice weekend here as well, my parents came down to visit and we went to the Natural History Smithsonian on Saturday and went to the cherry blossom festival on Sunday. We really enjoy living in DC, but DH and I have decided that we are not going to stay here. I'm sure DH could find a good job in DC, but even if with good pay, the cost of living is just too high. We've decided that when DH is done with his military commitment next year we're going to shoot for either Huntsville AL, or Tampa FL, since they both have centers for Naval intelligence. I'm voting for Tampa, since I'd love to get back to Florida (and Disney) but AL would be OK too!
I can only imagine what the cost of living is around there! Tampa would be great for Disney trips, but the Huntsville area is a great place, too. You'll definitely get to experience all of your seasons there, if that's something you like. The cost of living there would be cheaper than Tampa, as well. They don't have a beach, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Ahh..to be back in WDW, swimming at the pool! I think if we let him, Little Guy would've been perfectly happy just staying at the pool the whole trip!
Brooklynn is rarely ready to leave the pool, either, unless it's cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
Hi MeMom and Jill! I have been following along but wanted to wait until I reached the end to speak up. Love the TR. It looks fun. You should do all of Pop's marketing because you make it look like the most fantastic place on earth. We have got to get over there one day!
We'll take that job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I believe that was my chair just about a month ago! Right before the thunderstorm rolled in for the night!

Congrats to Bella (and Jill) for the dry day!! Diaper free days are just around the corner!!
Florida storms are wicked, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, BELLA!

And congratulations on your big girl panties.
No more diapers=more Disney money.

TRIP NEWS:
I have been trying to book Chef Mickey's for several weeks now but not having any luck. We are a party of 7 and the fact that we are now 55 days out, I don't see it happening. I have already budgeted for that meal and have the money put aside. Since we won't be using it to eat, I decided to add a day to our trip!!!! I am so excited! I figured another 24 hours at Disney is a whole lot better than a couple hours of eating.
Don't get her too excited, though. I want her to have another one. Yay for another Disney day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmma630 View Post
Hi MeMom & Brooklynsmommy...I'm pretty new here, but I've enjoyed reading your TR's very much over the last few weeks! I especially LOVE the pics of all the shopping! Your granddaughters (daughters) are absolutely adorable! We're heading down to Disney in July, for our first family trip there, and we can't wait!
Thanks. We hope you have an incredible trip with your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Congrats to Bella for staying dry all day She's such a little peanut How tall was Brooklynn at that age?
Jill? I'll let her look it up in the baby book.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #763
MeMom
DIS Veteran

A little more swim time.

And some videos.

This is a one second video when I realized I didn't take a picture of our DIS friends, and by the time I got up, they were walking off.

It was now time for food.

We made our way to the food court.
We were right on time to see some dancing.

Video of CM's dancing.

You get so much food on the dining plan.

Brooklynn loved being at the table where she could see the TV.
Bella is such a big girl now, so she joined her.

I think Kay got this.

We talked about seeing Fantasmic, but Jill decided to just hit the hay with the girls.

Kay and I opted for seeing Fantasmic, so I'll share that with you tomorrow night.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #764
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Cute video of the girls in the pool. Did that life vest fit?

Thanks for the pics of our favourite pool.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 04-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #765
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

I'd love to try out one of those great RV's and stay at Fort Wilderness!
I hope this all comes through for you guys.
Thanks! I hope soo too! I think it would be awesome to pack away your clothes in a closet....drive (though that part will be hard on me because I have always flown to FL and this will most likely be a 2 day drive from NW ohio) and then arrive at WDW and you are already unpacked. Plus we can bring our own food, drinks etc easily! We can even bring our dog if we want too but I am thinking we are better off leaving him at home! We probably still wouldn't have a lot of time for him on vacation so its probably better to leave him with family or board him if we have too!

I hope this post is legible since Caleb keeps leaning over me and pointing to all the smilies! LOL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: