Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #61
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

That was a great introduction, it really helps me to get to know you all.

Sounds like a great departure, I mean there is nothing like a morning airport steeplechase to get your blood pumping in the morning.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #62
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!! Something to look forward to after work today! I'll come back to catch up then! Hope you're having a nice weekend!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #63
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great start!

That Bella... Maybe she'll be a track star.

Have a great Sunday!!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #64
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
The security sprint was not on my agenda at 6:00 in the morning. I was putting everything on the conveyor and then I heard Brooklynn say "Bella's running!" I looked up did a quick head count - Mom, Kay, Brooklynn, no Bella. Brooklynn said she went that way and pointed across the lines. Bella had a good head start and was moving fast (she is amazingly fast for someone so small.) I just took off. I pushed a man out of the way (I did manage an "Excuse me") and sprinted and leaped my way to her as fast as I could. She was on her way out of security as I snatched her up. It was quite an adventure to start out with!
DS- Chris was/is my runner. Amazingly fast. DD - was also very small and could move quickly if she wanted to. I think when they are small like that they don't have much body weight to move so they are more agile than others. By 18 months I had to run to keep up with Chris even if he did not have a head start.

The worst part was Chris thought is was a game a times and when I chased, he ran faster.

Can't wait to see what "Dash" does next.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #65
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Too funny about Bella taking off for another line.
Love the tree hugging photo. It's a great feeling when you land in MCO and your entire vacation is in front of you.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #66
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

That is too funny about Bella. I have a runner too!

I love your hugging the palm tree picture, Memom. Brooklynn's facial expression was just priceless.

I'm just finishing up some last minute stuff and then we will be on the road to Disney! I will have lots to catch up on when I return, I am sure.

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
Old 03-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #67
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
DS- Chris was/is my runner. Amazingly fast. DD - was also very small and could move quickly if she wanted to. I think when they are small like that they don't have much body weight to move so they are more agile than others. By 18 months I had to run to keep up with Chris even if he did not have a head start.

The worst part was Chris thought is was a game a times and when I chased, he ran faster.

Can't wait to see what "Dash" does next.
That completely describes Bella. She has gotten herself swatted several times because of it.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #68
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Oh my, already cracking up! Bella reminds me a lot of my brother when he was little -- he was very, very active. Everyone quickly learned his name whenever we were out in public. My mom remembers one time repeating his name (I forget what he was doing, I think he kept on taking off), and another woman looked at her, smiled, and said sympathetically, "I have a Michael, too." Nothing else needed to be said.

I love the tree hugging picture! I also love landing at MCO, it's always so exciting.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #69
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Bella and Ava are such similar little girls! I think they need to make up for their lack of size by being track stars. I can just picture you Jill making the chase after her because I have had to do that a fair share myself!

for the MeMom hugging a palm tree picture!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #70
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I can totally relate to the runaway episode. My DD was the same way at that age and it can be very scary. We were playing in the front yard one day and she just bolted towards the road for no apparent reason. I was running just as hard as I could to catch her but I couldn't! I was within fingertip distance to her back right before she made it to the road and all I could do was push into her back and knock her to the ground. I know the neighbors must have thought I had lost my mind! Anyway, she went face down in the grass and much drama followed, but she didn't get hit by a car, so that was all I cared about! I just remember thinking that I could not believe I had been outrun by a toddler!! From then on, we played in the fenced in backyard only! Glad to hear you got hold of your peanut before it was too late too! Sounds like this is going to be a very interesting trip!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #71
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to read about your adventures!

The girls are growing up. Brooklyn looks so much older than last summer!

Love Brooklyn's luggage tag---too cute!

Too funny about the morning sprint in the airport! Just glad you got to her fast with no major catastrophes.

Can't wait to read more!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #72
blueskiesandsunshine
Earning My Ears

oh my word... you kids sure don't mess around.

page 5 already?!?!? hope i'll be able to keep up!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #73
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
As I had been packing, another member of the family thought maybe he was going somewhere, too.

One of my cats always gets into my mom's suitcase

Security is a pain when I only have to worry about myself. I can't imagine trying to get a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old through security

Next: Graduation trip in 2015!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #74
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post

Love Brooklyn's luggage tag---too cute!
The girls received those cute luggage tags from our frined, Ty's Nonnie. She sent those and a cute little purse she sewed for each of the girls. They have carried them everywhere. Brooklynn asked me what theh luggage tags were for and I told her you write your name on it so that people know whose suitcase it is. The next time I saw hers she had written her own name!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #75
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Bella was ready to GO GO GO!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: