Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #2761
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm telling you, if anybody needs a 12 step plan, it's me. If I had the money, I would absolutely go every other month. I love being there!!!
I will join you. I it too.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #2762
<3myfamily
Mouseketeer

For all you POP lovers out there... my travel agent just told me that they are recategorizing preferred rooms at POP. I had wanted her to request a room by the lake and they told her that all sections would now have some preferred rooms and ones with view of lake have their own category and may be considered preferred also. IF it is true, what a bummer... LOVED my nice, quiet view of the lake on our last visit. I'll know for sure when I go in Aug/Sept. Anyone else heard this rumor??? Hopefully the CM is WRONG!

Also... can't wait to see new pics of trip. I followed along on FB link... next trip I'll have to request you as friends so that I can follow easier! Thanks for "taking us with you" on your trips

DL: Too many to count
WDW, Offsite: 1989 & 1993
POP Century: 2006, 2007, 2009,Aug 29-Sept 5 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #2763
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MeMom;41804081]I woke up at my usual three o'clock hour, but I went back to sleep until 5:18. That's way late for me!

Drew put my first SD card in with a card reader, so now I do have the first 452 pictures loaded on this laptop. When Jill gets the chance to start the reprot, we'll be ready for take-off.

And speaking of take-off, DIS friends, Jill booked our Christmas flights today! QUOTE]

Congrats on sleeping in, MeMom! Hope you enjoyed it, guilt-free. Stores aren't open yet anyway.

452 pics in the first batch!? Wowza, we are in for a great TR coming up! Reminds me of Disney trivia DD found for her CYT camp today: Did you know that 5% of photos taken in the US each year are at WDW?

Whoo-hoo for flights booked!!!! It's Christmas in July!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Ok, I'm sick & I need a 12 step plan.

On a whim, I checked prices for a quick Labor Day weekend trip. Pop is only $360 (I could also rent DVC for same $$) and a direct flight that's at $262. I'm sick. I really want to book this!!! Someone help me!!!
Does it help that the crowd levels are expected to be the lowest of any holiday weekend of the year? How about Free Dining, so really, you know, they're practically paying you to go? (Tho, if you have AP, DVC is still cheap.) How about you deserve it? But if this trip would jeopardize your birthday trip, that's a tough call. If you do go, we'll be at Pop that weekend, and it would be fun to DISmeet you!
Hope that helps.
Good luck!

Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #2764
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I am drinking out of a new Mickey and Gang Mug this morning.
Were you twirling around in a spinning chair to make the picture seem real?

Glad you like it. Mine is right here beside me. It'll be going to school with me in a couple of weeks to remind me of my happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey MeMom and Jill!! Welcome home! Boy do I understand the idea of hitting the ground running when you get home!!!
Me here! Doing the same thing!!! Really enjoyed our "chat" on the phone And BUMMED we didn't get to meet in person this time, but so EXCITED for October!!! YAY!!!! Should be great great fun for all, and how nice to go with a friend and her grandchild for the first time! Neat!

YAY on your December trip! FUN!

And have a great time at camp, I remember the cooking you were doing last year for all of them! A lot or work, but so Rewarding I am sure, and I would LOVE a slice of that tie-dye cake!!!! LOL!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip on the DIS...
I had to let Jill listen to your message. You started giggling, and we both crcked up! I wish we could have met, because we would have loved seeing those precious boys, but you and I and Brooklynn will meet in October, for sure.

Yep, the December trip is booked - room and flights. We'll have a small Christmas morning at Jill's house and then be in Disney World in the evening. Not a bad day at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Good that the car is all fixed up and hopefully that will be it for awhile.

If I had the money & time I would go to WDW every couple months.

I'm glad you liked 'Ohana. Did you save room for some of the dessert at the end?
I dream about that meal too!

Only 10 weeks til we can indulge again!!!
(by the way I think I'm going to use your counting by weeks instead of days...it seems so much closer that way...)

I will gladly share my Via Napoli pizza with you....our ADR is actually a day or two before NYE so no shipping needed.
I'm looking forward to it...it will be new for us. looks amazing!

I'm hoping to get a Candlelight Processional dinner package for somewhere in there.
They have several good restaurants participating including Via Napoli.
Have you done the package before?
I'm wondering if it's necessary or can you usually get in without it?

I am beyond excitted to be planning this NYE trip...a dream I've had for so long coming true!
I just hope I can see everything before they start taking it down.
I did eat some dessert at 'Ohana. It was so good!

Every other month would be nice, but I suppose going once a quarter, once during every season, would be fine, too. I love Flower and Garden, because it brings me to life after a cold winter. I like the 'classic' summer trips. Fall is nice because of the weather and the fall decor. And who can resist Christmas with Mickey and pals?

If you get a table by a window at Via Napoli, you can toss crumbs out to me.

We have done Candlelight Processional with and without the package. If you don't have to sit front and center, you could be okay to just walk up at the end. We have done that a few times. If you want a seat, make reservation.

What day do you arrive? There will be plenty of decorations up while you are there. I think they'll run everything through New Year's Day at the very least, and most likely a few days after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
I followed you're pictures on facebook and it looks like you had an amazing time! I am beyond excited for your new trip report!
Glad you enjoyed following along.
We will probably get started in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
It was a little odd but very good. They brought the meal before the salad. I eat a lot of veggies now so salad was a must. She went and got it right away. The waitress was great and had a wonderful time with the boys. Tom asked for sweet tea and they don't have it there. She brought him a coke. She sort of disappeared for a while and when she came back she had two big canters of sweet tea she made just for him. He was in heaven.
So nice of them to get him his sweet tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
CanadianWDWFan - I did the Candlelight Processional package with Tutto Italia a few years ago and it was very convenient! The meal was great, and it was very wonderful to walk past the huge line of people who had already been in the line for hours I think it's totally worth it!
Yeah, for a good seat, I'd do the package, too. Maybe on a second night, she would be satisfied standing in the back to watch for a short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I will join you. I it too.
I think we could gather up quite a club around here pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
For all you POP lovers out there... my travel agent just told me that they are recategorizing preferred rooms at POP. I had wanted her to request a room by the lake and they told her that all sections would now have some preferred rooms and ones with view of lake have their own category and may be considered preferred also. IF it is true, what a bummer... LOVED my nice, quiet view of the lake on our last visit. I'll know for sure when I go in Aug/Sept. Anyone else heard this rumor??? Hopefully the CM is WRONG!

Also... can't wait to see new pics of trip. I followed along on FB link... next trip I'll have to request you as friends so that I can follow easier! Thanks for "taking us with you" on your trips
I did read about them adding categories - possibly up to four. I just always say 'standard', because we really don't care where we are. We like the quiet lake view, we've had rooms ground floor by the pool, and pretty much everything in between. They all have their pros and cons, I guess. As long as we are there in a room somewhere, we are fine.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #2765
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
We haven't even told Brooklynn about the trip yet. She will drive Jill crazy asking 'Is it today?' for the next however many days it is, so we won't tell her until almost time to go.

I think if the Y job even paid $2.00 more an hour, it would be worth it.
Henry is getting to that stage too. Even when we show him the calendar, he thinks everything is "tomorrow" or "yesterday".

Quote:
Hello!!!

Sounds like you're all back to a busy life! We got home about 2 pm yesterday - that was nice, as I was able to unpack, relax, etc.

I talked to my parents yesterday about family trips. My brother has leave for 17 days over Christmas, so I am going to stay here & spend time with him. So I've decided to not come for NYE, but instead I am planning a trip for my bday! It will be a solo trip for my 30th in February. I started my computer countdown, now I have to get a ticker!!

Have a super day!
What are your February dates???? We will likely be going the last full week of Feb!

Quote:
And speaking of take-off, DIS friends, Jill booked our Christmas flights today!
YAY!!!! Will you be there over Christmas and NYE?

Quote:
Ok, I'm sick & I need a 12 step plan.

On a whim, I checked prices for a quick Labor Day weekend trip. Pop is only $360 (I could also rent DVC for same $$) and a direct flight that's at $262. I'm sick. I really want to book this!!! Someone help me!!!
Katie, you know you came to the wrong place for "help"! We are all ENABLERS! So, have you booked it yet?!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #2766
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Were you twirling around in a spinning chair to make the picture seem real?
No I was rocking in a rocking chair.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #2767
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Thanks Memom & sunny stace for your responses.

I think I will go ahead and book one of the dinner packages at the end of the month when they become available.
Since this will be our first time, I want to make sure we can see it from a good seat.
Not having to stand in line beforehand is a bonus!

We are arriving on Wed. Dec.28. staying at POP until Friday Jan.6.
That may change if a good AP discount is offered.

It will be so fun for your family to have Christmas morning at home and then head to WDW for more holiday cheer!
Are Trent, Tanya and Drew joining you on this trip?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #2768
Ty's Nonnie
Formerly Known as Arkie, Member since 2001

Hey MeMom, Jill and the rest of the gang! Just had a minute to check in and see how everything is going. My Mom did great with her knee replacement and I will be bringing her home tomorrow. Which I think is fast since she just had surgery Monday.
I will be staying with her and she doesn't have internet so I may not be around for awhile. But, I'll be back as soon as I can.

By the way MeMom and our fellow Pop lovers. I have failed you all! My cousins were as Pop at the same time as MeMom and Jill's family. They usually stay at one of the All Stars. I really talked Pop up and they went with Pop. I asked them how they liked Pop and they hated it. They didn't like that the Pop bus stop was always the farthest one. I'm not that crazy about that aspect either but it doesn't make me "HATE" it. I think not sharing a bus is a bigger plus. Oh well to each his own.

Anyway I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #2769
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You will get to meet some other DISers. Some others are able to go closer to the end of the year and stay on in January. Most of the teachers will have to get on back earlier. You guys will have less crowded parks probably after that Monday. I know that's when we have to come back.
That is awesome! I just saw what Lana wrote about her dates And we're really, really excited about lower crowds. We're so used to going during peak season that being there during a little more of an off time is going to be amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
We are arriving on Wed. Dec.28. staying at POP until Friday Jan.6.
I was meaning to ask you your dates -- we'll be at Pop on the 4th! We will totally have to meet up!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #2770
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Okay, I just started the new report. Come and join us for

Mingos in the Watah! What in the Wuhld?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #2771
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
What are your October dates?
10/15 - 10/22

great report and pics. will be over to the other report soon.

I must get down to the flower & garden show one year.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: