Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #151
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Ooooh! Already shopping with MeMom!! I'll definintely need a new mug and some 40th anniversary merchandise on the next trip!! I've only had one pair of classic mouse ears myself! Well, I have Minnie doodle-boppers and the Santa hat but not classic ears! That pizza looks pretty good too...
Old 03-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #152
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

to the crowds at ME! I hope you guys didn't wait TOO long there. I always find that I'm sweating by the time we make it down there and over from the other side of MCO

I'm loving the 40th anniversary stuff! I totally think I'm going to get those ears and a new pink lid mug is definitely on the list as well.

It really was weird to see the picture of the drained Hippy Dippy Pool! But, all the better for you to enjoy now in July

Interested to hear this bathroom story that I heard a bit of on FB...
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #153
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
See, you people are the ones responsible for all of those lonely yellow mugs just waiting to be taken home. I got a yellow one. Jill got the aqua blue, and Kay got the pink one. Brook's was pink, too, since there were no more choices, so Jill just put her name on it so that they could keep up with which pink one belonged to whom. It does seem like they could have added a lime green or a neon orange or something as a fourth color, since so many families have four people.
I really like the blue one the best, I was thinking Pink for Jamie The yellow is actually growing on me......I agree with you though, it would be nice to have some more choices!

Last edited by nowellsl; 03-15-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #154
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I love the 40th anniversary merchandise, all of it is so cute! I wonder what they're going to design in 10 more years, that stuff is bound to be awesome!

And taking pictures of napkins is totally acceptable. Particularly Disney napkins. I like that design. Very festive.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #155
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

oops, sorry, double post!

Last edited by nowellsl; 03-15-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #156
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
I still am a fan of resort specific mugs, but these are cute.
Me too - I look fondly at my resort specific mugs but I am excited about the new ones.

Quote:
I know you will enjoy the BOG podcast. Like I said, scroll through some past ones and see the things that you are specifically interested in. Some are a lot of chitchat, but some are very informative, and the podcasters seem like a nice, down-to-earth group of people. The format is very different from the DIS, so if you listen to all of them, you can get Disney just about any day you want to in any form you like.
Yes I was at the treehouse meet. Maroo dragged me. Big crowd in the treehouse- we were a little worried about that thing staying up.
I really need to check that out more since I went but have not had the time.

Quote:
We'll be in that crazy crowd October 1st, at least for opening. We may not stay long, but we will be there!
The 5K this year is through AK. I hope I can do that AND make park opening at MK. My knee is not happy with all this activity so I am going to see the "knee guy" Thursday. Hopefully he can just help stabailize it better and deal with it. I am hoping he won't suggest surgery but if it will help and have a short down time I am game for that too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 03-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #157
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

I am finally here! Wow, I haven't logged on since January 26. I'm going back to catch up.
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
Old 03-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #158
Jillybeaner21
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Poolrat;40329723]

Yes I was at the treehouse meet. Maroo dragged me. Big crowd in the treehouse- we were a little worried about that thing staying up.
I really need to check that out more since I went but have not had the time.
QUOTE]

Oh my goodness I was at the Treehouse Meet as well!!! Too bad I wasn't on the Dis then! Next time

The 40th Anniversary Merchandise - OMG I couldn't stop haha. I bought all 6 of the special Vinylmation and a mug. I wanted so much more but just kept reminding myself I'll be back in May haha

It was sooo sad to see the Hippy Dippy Pool closed My trip was very quick that weekend and we really wanted to take a few minutes to grab a drink and dip our toes in the pool. We still grabbed the drink (loveee the Pina Colava) but it just didn't taste the same without the pool being open.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #159
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Shopping with MeMom!! I have to tell you how much I truly enjoy that time of the day!!! I love looking at all the wonderful items Disney has to offer, well my DH and wallet...not so much LOL!!

I really need to open up my puzzle and get started on it!! I love it!!! I also want a set of those ears...they are just too cute!!!!! Lots of great stuff!!

POP is such a great resort!!

OOOH wrong and right move???? Can't wait to hear all about that!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #160
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
We'll be in that crazy crowd October 1st, at least for opening. We may not stay long, but we will be there!
So if you're looking at doing something after the morning at MK, I have a suggestion: EPCOT!!! Right now our plan is for me to wake up early and run in the 5K (I think it starts at 7am), then when I'm done with that Anna and Luke are gonna head to MK while Seth and I relax at Pop. Then we're gonna meet back at EPCOT around lunch-ish time and graze the F&W Festival, then dinner at Kouzzina's around 6:00 (although I don't know how much we'll need dinner reservations after the F&W Festival, but we're getting free dining so we might as well use it!). Then Seth and I are gonna call it an early night (saving our energy for some other later nights) and Anna and Luke will probably go back to MK for the fireworks/parade. Anyway, you know I'd love to actually spend time with you guys at Disney World! What are your dates again?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #161
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

What an exciting start for Jill and Bella. I love Brooklynn's luggage tag, so grown-up to be able to write her name herself.

Your meal sounds delicious!! I'm going to have to take after you and do a themed Disney meal down here.

I love the smell of Pop chocolate chip cookies. It's mouthwatering.

I'm imagining working at Animation Suites, that would be so awesome!

I can't recall if I have seen a Pop pool emptied before this picture. I want to say I have but I'm not certain.

I know Duffy is just a way to spend more money at Disney but I find him so cute with all his little outfits. I love the new mugs, I would get one with a pink lid as well. I just send my dad a text just in case he decides to go and pick some up. Oh! the napkins are so cute too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Okay...what is BOGP? Am I missing something good?
I was wondering the same thing, apparently I was missing out on several good Disney sites but they are now bookmarked.
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
Old 03-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #162
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Hi you guys! I'm needing a Disney fix! I'm sorry I've not been around much lately. But I'm on board now for this report. Loving the pictures and comments so far. The girls are getting so big and are totally adorable! I haven't been here much to see them, but I've been keeping an eye on them on FB.

I love this Minnie! She's so cute. I also love the new mugs. I need a pink one! I think I'll have to try to make a stop when we go pick up our oldest from college in May. We're talking about maybe trying to squeeze just 1 day in at a park. Maybe with a little we can get that to happen!
Quote:
How Minnie is stylin' in 2011.

New mugs!

Old 03-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #163
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
I am finally here! Wow, I haven't logged on since January 26. I'm going back to catch up.

Good to see you back. I see you took the plunge and moved to PR.

I wish you luck in this next chapter of your life and hope you make it back to the mouse someday.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #164
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I'm joining in! Thank you ever so much for those photos of the construction of the new Animation value resort coming soon. I love seeing that kind of stuff. Too bad the Hippy Dippy pool was drained. Must've been pretty packed at the other pools! I see you'll be going back in July to face the unrelenting Disney heat. I'm glad to see I'm not the only crazy one I'll be back at the end of July
Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #165
laashley
DIS Veteran

I finally made it over! Enjoying all the updates. Such great pictures! Tree-hugging MeMom with a skeptical Brooklynn, new mugs, 40th anniversary merchandise, and little runner Bella! Trip is off to a good start!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: