Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #1501
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
5 more weeks including this one. Only 3 of those weeks are full weeks, however.
Hope the rain didn't last very long for you guys. I know well about rain in Disney by now.
CP looks great. Emily wants to have dinner for her birthday there in November.
Have a nice Monday.
I think we have 4 more Mondays until school is out. I am looking forward to the break, and it won't be long after we get out that we will be on our way to Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Happy Mothers Day, and Happy Monday too!!! I looked on the calendar today & it's only 8 weeks til 4th of July on the Poly Beach!!!!

Have a great week!!
Sounds good. I can't wait to be at the Polynesian again, and that 'Ohana meal has been calling my name for quite some time now! Dave messaged me that he and Kathy have made their Poly reservation, so they'll be there for fireworks that night. Tell me again the exact number you have, including yourself. We're going to have some open spots, so I thought I'd see if they (or anyone else) might want to eat with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
Thanks for that link. We've seen at least a couple of these but now DD is a pre-schooler this will be perfect for our next trip!
I'm already picturing Brooklynn getting into this. She loves learning new things about animals. I am also already picturing me taking pictures of her learning new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm glad you had a relaxing Mother's Day, MeMom! You definitely deserve one. I'm bummed that we'll miss you by so little in October. We're arriving on the 20th now, had to shave off a day for financial reasons of course. Bummer but hopefully we will cross paths in Disney someday! I'd sure love to meet you, Jill and your family in person.
Bummer, bummer, bummer!
We will cross paths eventually. I would stay on the next couple of days, but Brooklynn will already be missing three days of school, so we'll get her on back so she can finish out the week - and take some Disney treats back to her class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
So happy that you had a good Mother's day! I sure did! I spent it with my grandparents and uncle! We went to the movies and they saw Thor and I saw Prom (cute movie!) and then we came back home and sat on the porch (it was 84) and we all drank mojito's and played canasta and grilled out for dinner! Great mother's day!

Ooooh, grilling out sounds good! It was a beautiful day here, as it also is today. I think something yummy on the grill would smell and taste delicious. Bad thing is, I don't have a grill. I love it when the neighbors grill, and I can open my windows and enjoy the wonderful aroma.

I have seen 'Prom' advertised, but really haven't paid much attention, I guess. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #1502
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

We'll have 4 total, which includes me. Me, my sister Alice, brother Noah & his friend Carrsen. . I can taste that bread pudding now!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #1503
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Ugggg, somehow I got 6 pages behind over here! You're just way too popular I think, but I understand why

I LOVE that picture of Bella with her cookies, she looks so proud of herself for talking MeMom into getting them for her!

Ahhhh, CP breakfast, I just love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Bella comes up to be and says, 'Hold you,' which means she want me to hold her.
Oh, this brought a little tear to my eye! Justin used to say that too when he was little, it was so cute! He hasn't asked to snuggle with me in a long time though

I hope you and Jill had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #1504
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Getting all caught up today! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Love Bella and her cookies! I would have caved and bought that precious little girl some too MeMom.

Even on a rainy day, an empty MK is just magical! Love your pictures!

CP looks great for breakfast. We may have to do that in November.

Can't wait to hear about your MK morning and about Kay's next antics!

Old 05-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #1505
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
John's mom looked down on Jill because she came from a divorced mother, and that was not anything she wanted invading her perfect family. I think she set the tone for the relationship, and it really hasn't changed. I don't see them ever being close, but I guess they both tolerate each other for the sake of the family unit.

We did have a nice Mother's Day.

We've been to all those stops, but I don't guess I knew about getting the free stamp thing in the booklet. Brooklynn and I will check that out in July, and she'll probably want to make it a regular thing.

Reading how John's mom felt brought tears to my eyes. It's so sad for her that she would not open her heart to Jill, especially when it was based on something completely out of Jill's control. We should be judged, as Dr. King said, by the content of our character, and not by attributes we inherit rather than earn. Good for Jill for taking the high road.

So glad Moms' Day was nice! You work so hard and put so much into all of your kids -- your own, their friends, your students -- you deserve at least one day of glory. And rest!

At Brooklynn's age, our little "world" traveler absolutely adored those stations. I don't know how many booklets we collected! Go-go-go me would get antsy pretty quickly after the first few, but DH would happily pull out a book & wait until she'd had her fill.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #1506
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a Marvelous Monday everyone! Just a few more weeks now, and it is time for a break around here!!!
There's a countdown for seniors up in the cafeteria. Every day someone takes a number down during lunch. They do it every year once the seniors reach the 20 day mark. 18 days to go Seniors are done with classes on June 3rd. June 6, 7, and 8 we have exams, then graudation rehearsal on the 9th and 10, and graduation on the 12th!

Next: Graduation trip in 2015!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #1507
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We'll be there July 2nd though 7th. Not very long, but we had to cut it short because of a friend's wedding.

Brooklynn will love having a ride with Miren. Any chance of you guys being there in October?

It was raining when we met, and it was a whole lot hotter and more humid, too. This MK rainy morning was not that bad, and thankfully, it did not last very long.
It is quite possible that there could always be a "chance".

Had to come back and edit because I forgot to mention how very sweet it is that Jarvis stopped by with a card for you. He's so blessed to have you in his life and, not only does he know it, but that he would be so thoughtful to let you know and thank you is just special and so, so sweet.

Glad to hear it was a nice Mother's Day!

Last edited by *dreamit*doit*; 05-09-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #1508
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Exciting news for our trip.....I added 3 more days. The boys and I are going down a few days earlier than everybody else. My DH is going to wait until my Mom can come down so that she can ride with him and my neice and nephew. We will have 10 park days!!! We have never stayed that long before and I can't wait!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #1509
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

I am sure leaving you a Mother's Day card was bittersweet for Jarvis. I am glad you are all there for him
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 05-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #1510
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a Marvelous Monday everyone! Just a few more weeks now, and it is time for a break around here!!!
Kailyn and the rest of her class got "senior activity" notices outlining everything for them -- cap and gown fittings, graduation rehearsal, graduation, senior prom and even locker cleanouts. She put brackets saying "next week," "week after" and "last week!!!!!" around everything. Her prom is next Friday (the 20th), her last day is the Friday after, and her graduation is June 2nd. Mike and I both remember the day she was born, so her being almost done with high school is just so strange. I'm very, very excited for her, though! I can't wait for her graduation.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #1511
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
We'll have 4 total, which includes me. Me, my sister Alice, brother Noah & his friend Carrsen. I can taste that bread pudding now!!!!
Okay. I have to go look at the ADR. I either made it for 12 or 14, I think. If anyone here is interested in joining us on the 4th, let us know. If not, I'll see if Dave and Kathy already have something booked or maybe if BOGP Debbie wants to come over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Ugggg, somehow I got 6 pages behind over here!
I LOVE that picture of Bella with her cookies, she looks so proud of herself for talking MeMom into getting them for her!

Ahhhh, CP breakfast, I just love it
Oh, this brought a little tear to my eye! Justin used to say that too when he was little, it was so cute! He hasn't asked to snuggle with me in a long time though
I hope you and Jill had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
When my girls left my house on their last regular visit, I was sad because it was going to be three weeks before I got to see them again. Little did I know I was going to get an unexpected tornado visit and an impromptu Mother's Day breakfast, as well.

If I had a million dollars to spend, those girls would have everything their hearts desired, so I guess it's good that I don't. They'd be too spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Getting all caught up today! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Love Bella and her cookies! I would have caved and bought that precious little girl some too MeMom.

Even on a rainy day, an empty MK is just magical! Love your pictures!

CP looks great for breakfast. We may have to do that in November.

Can't wait to hear about your MK morning and about Kay's next antics!
Kay came over this afternoon to walk for a little while. She's now saying that instead of the spring break trip, she might rather go in the fall. She was wanting to take her granddaughter when I take Brooklynn, but she was thinking that would be in the spring. Because of the in-law trip, Brooklynn won't be going on the spring break trip, so now she's rethinking things. If she decides to do that, then the four of us can go in October, the shorter Dollywood trip could be done in the spring, and I would just forego a spring WDW trip altogether. She's got to talk to Breanna's mother, though, since she and Kay's son are divorced. She said she had promised Breanna Disney World with Brooklynn, so I guess we better work something out! I'm not one to make promises. I don't promise Brooklynn anything more than a popsicle, and that's when I am on the way to the freezer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post

Reading how John's mom felt brought tears to my eyes. It's so sad for her that she would not open her heart to Jill, especially when it was based on something completely out of Jill's control. We should be judged, as Dr. King said, by the content of our character, and not by attributes we inherit rather than earn. Good for Jill for taking the high road.

So glad Moms' Day was nice!

At Brooklynn's age, our little "world" traveler absolutely adored those stations. I don't know how many booklets we collected! Go-go-go me would get antsy pretty quickly after the first few, but DH would happily pull out a book & wait until she'd had her fill.
I happen to think John did pretty well for himself.

My sweet daughter bought everyone breakfast. We met at Cracker Barrel, but they were very crowded, and the wait was going to be too long to let Trent and Tanya get to where they were supposed to be for their lake outing, so we left CB and went to a Steak and Shake. It was good, and it wasn't crowded. We had a very nice waitress, so everyone was happy just being together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
There's a countdown for seniors up in the cafeteria. Every day someone takes a number down during lunch. They do it every year once the seniors reach the 20 day mark. 18 days to go Seniors are done with classes on June 3rd. June 6, 7, and 8 we have exams, then graudation rehearsal on the 9th and 10, and graduation on the 12th!
This will be a big month ahead for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
It is quite possible that there could always be a "chance".

Had to come back and edit because I forgot to mention how very sweet it is that Jarvis stopped by with a card for you. He's so blessed to have you in his life and, not only does he know it, but that he would be so thoughtful to let you know and thank you is just special and so, so sweet.

Glad to hear it was a nice Mother's Day!
Maybe we'll see you there, then.

Trent has some good buddies. Jarvis, Brandon, and Spencer are all good guys, and we always love having them at any event they want to come to. Jarvis has a girlfriend who has been in Chicago, but she is moving down here when school is out. He may not be such a frequent visitor here after she arrives. I was very touched by his card and thought it was very cute that he chose a Dalmatian one and felt perfectly at ease buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Exciting news for our trip.....I added 3 more days. The boys and I are going down a few days earlier than everybody else. My DH is going to wait until my Mom can come down so that she can ride with him and my neice and nephew. We will have 10 park days!!! We have never stayed that long before and I can't wait!
I love the long trips!!! Yay for you! I look forward to our next long trip, but that will probably be next summer. We'll hopefully be be back to a week with four weekend days bookending that for a full nine days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I am sure leaving you a Mother's Day card was bittersweet for Jarvis. I am glad you are all there for him
It probably was. I hope he will always feel at home here. I'm sure that will change some when his girlfriend and her son move here, but hopefully he won't completely disappear.

Here are a few pictures from our Mother's Day morning. We only had time to drive to meet in the (sort of) middle between our house and Jill's, eat, and leave.

Out in the nice rockers at Cracker Barrel.

The atmosphere was definitely nicer there, but we ended up eating here.

Group pictures.

First, all the young people.

Then the old lady and her loved ones.

So now I have given you more pictures in one report than in all the others combined.
If I haven't burned your eyeballs out by now,
I hope you will continue to read along with us.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 05-09-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #1512
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Memom - You are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I love that picture of you and all your kids and grandkids!

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #1513
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Kailyn and the rest of her class got "senior activity" notices outlining everything for them -- cap and gown fittings, graduation rehearsal, graduation, senior prom and even locker cleanouts. She put brackets saying "next week," "week after" and "last week!!!!!" around everything. Her prom is next Friday (the 20th), her last day is the Friday after, and her graduation is June 2nd. Mike and I both remember the day she was born, so her being almost done with high school is just so strange. I'm very, very excited for her, though! I can't wait for her graduation.
Yes, these are very exciting days for her. Has she met Christine yet? They're going through a lot of the same things right now, so I bet they'd enjoy meeting.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #1514
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I'm am truly so happy for you that you had all your family together again for Mother's Day!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #1515
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Your family group pictures are wonderful. You can feel the love between you and your children.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: