Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #136
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,991

Your Hippy Dippy pool was closed!! You will enjoy it in July.

I am with Jackie. I will need one of those new mugs with a pink lid! Love the new mugs.

You can see Bella just wantin to get to that pizza!!
disneyfan61 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #137
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money
 
nowellsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I know I will need one with a pink lid.
I see a mug with a pink lid in my future as well
nowellsl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-15-2011, 06:27 AM   #138
kschafer
DIS Veteran
 
kschafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,177

Oh how I needed that shot of happiness before starting my day today! Our spring break is next week and yesterday was a LONG Monday!! Hopefully things will speed up a bit. I'm in love with all the 40th merchandise and must get some!!

Wish me luck in my meeting this afternoon...I'm meeting with my supervising principal and the district curriculum director to discuss the possibility of changing my job classification. Despite the fact I manage my own classroom at am responsible for 135 kids each day, until now, my job has been classified as a para position. The guy they had before me totally messed up the program and my principal has been trying to get the "higher up's" to see that when they have someone qualified, it can be run right. Hopefully we can get through to her and I will get reclassified as a teacher for next year (and get the paycheck I actually deserve!)
__________________
Me (Katie) DH (Greg) DS12 (Patrick) DS9 (Daniel)



June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #139
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

Thank you so much for directing me to the BOGP!
I had so much fun listening to it last night... it has opened up a whole new world for me!
I wonder what else is out there that I have missed.

Oh no, not the Hippy Dippy Pool...I will be happy to swim in it when it's all fixed up!

I'm not going to show Lexi the Duffy bear and all his clothes...maybe she will not notice him.
I have enough trouble keeping up with Build a Bear.

I do see the cameleon from Tangled (forgot his name) coming home with us...cute!

I MUST have that 40th handbag and Mickey ears! I hope they don't sell out..

I have already shown Lexi the new mugs and she has claimed the Turquoise one (her favorite color).
So I will be with my fellow DIS friends and go with the Fushia!
My DMom will get the Yellow.

I just love them...they are so colorful and remind me of Florida!

Taking a picture of the napkins is exactly why we love you!

I forgot to ask you how you both liked the Free Dining plan?


kschafer ... I hope your meeting goes well!
You deserve to be paid what you are worth!
__________________

Last edited by CanadianWDWfan; 03-15-2011 at 07:13 AM.
CanadianWDWfan is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #140
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

That picture of the pool is exactly why I don't especially want t go to WDW in the winter. I worry that there will be a lot of stuff closed and work going on everywhere. Did you run into that much more during your trip? My DD gets a winter break at the end of February every year and it would be the perfect time for us to go though.

Cute napkins! I don't blame you for taking a picture of them. I do crazy stuff like that too. I usually stash some in my pocket to bring home also!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #141
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,801

It's about time for the new mugs!

and shopping pictures, Yay!!!
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #142
micandminforever
DIS Veteran
 
micandminforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Small Town, N.W. Ga.
Posts: 2,142

I had to wait for the third day of my trip to buy the new mug. I ask about them everyday, but they refused to put them out until most of the old mugs were gone. When I ask about them several of the CM's were surprised there were new mugs. I bought a mug with the blue lid. By the time we left most of the mugs out had yellow lids. Blue and pink were the popular choices.
__________________
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #143
disney<333
DIS Veteran
 
disney<333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 3 hours from home
Posts: 1,760

I think Bella ran off with the thought that the shorter line would get her to Disney sooner.
I've had my days off running after toddlers, too. Emily was always easy to catch but Amy has always been FAST. The worse was one time in Macy's when she ran out of the fitting room and we were searching for her for a while. E said "I'm going to miss her." as if she'd never see her again.
Yay, for arriving at POP. I think I'm going to be needing a new mug along with a new napkin to keep my mug looking like new.
disney<333 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #144
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!
 
punkin413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: georgia, but i haven't seen a peach tree yet
Posts: 9,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post


I fully intended to get those ears before I left, but we were so rushed in the last few minutes of the trip getting back from Epcot to UnME that I totally forgot about them. I have only had one set of ears, the classic ones, in my life, so I thought it would be appropriate for these to be my second pair, since I really was there 40 years ago. I'll get them in July.
Yep, gonna have to get a pair of those in October, especially since we'll be there on October 1st. I would love to be at MK that day, but Ray is driving down that day to meet us (Seth and I are coming with Anna and Luke a couple days early) so he won't get there until later. And I don't want to take Seth to MK for the first time unless Ray's with us - it's just too special of an occasion for him to miss. Plus I'm sure the crowds will be horrific there that day!
punkin413 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #145
ClaireW
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 450

Enjoyed the merchandise pictures - I'm already thinking plenty about our August trip and it's nice to see the little things that will have changed like the mugs and yes...the napkins

And Alice has chosen something to add here too:
(I'm guessing that this 3 year old has her eye on some merchandise too!)
ClaireW is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #146
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
jeremysdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,966

I can't wait to get some 40th Anniversary merchandise----soo exciting!!!

I really like the new mugs! I was getting tired of the red one.

You take the best pictures of things. It really gets me in the Disney spirit.
__________________
[/url]

jeremysdisneymom is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #147
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Gasp! The Hippy Dippy was drained? How sad!

I really just can't wait to get my hands on some of that 40th anniversary stuff and the new mugs! I know I will need one with a pink lid.
Yeah, it definitely sucked some of the energy out of the resort, but it's okay. Things like that have to be done, and when we go back in July, it'll be a happenin' place again!



Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Love the new mugs and know already I'm going to have a difficult time selecting amongst the 40th anniversary merchandise!

Wow that Duffy has quite a wardrobe!

I just love a happy day at WDW and arrival day is always extra special with your whole visit stretching out in front of you.

Enjoy your spring break!!!
I still am a fan of resort specific mugs, but these are cute.

We were a pretty happy bunch of girls, I will admit, even with the long lines.




Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Your Hippy Dippy pool was closed!! You will enjoy it in July.

I am with Jackie. I will need one of those new mugs with a pink lid! Love the new mugs.

You can see Bella just wantin to get to that pizza!!
Yep, but the one time the girls swam, we used the Bowling Pin Pool. Trent and Tanya went in with the girls, and they all had a lot of fun.



Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I see a mug with a pink lid in my future as well
See, you people are the ones responsible for all of those lonely yellow mugs just waiting to be taken home. I got a yellow one. Jill got the aqua blue, and Kay got the pink one. Brook's was pink, too, since there were no more choices, so Jill just put her name on it so that they could keep up with which pink one belonged to whom. It does seem like they could have added a lime green or a neon orange or something as a fourth color, since so many families have four people.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Oh how I needed that shot of happiness before starting my day today! Our spring break is next week and yesterday was a LONG Monday!! Hopefully things will speed up a bit. I'm in love with all the 40th merchandise and must get some!!

Wish me luck in my meeting this afternoon...I'm meeting with my supervising principal and the district curriculum director to discuss the possibility of changing my job classification. Despite the fact I manage my own classroom at am responsible for 135 kids each day, until now, my job has been classified as a para position. The guy they had before me totally messed up the program and my principal has been trying to get the "higher up's" to see that when they have someone qualified, it can be run right. Hopefully we can get through to her and I will get reclassified as a teacher for next year (and get the paycheck I actually deserve!)
Glad we could help, then, and good luck with pleading your case. More money would be awesome!



Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Thank you so much for directing me to the BOGP!
I had so much fun listening to it last night... it has opened up a whole new world for me!
I wonder what else is out there that I have missed.

Oh no, not the Hippy Dippy Pool...I will be happy to swim in it when it's all fixed up!

I'm not going to show Lexi the Duffy bear and all his clothes...maybe she will not notice him.
I have enough trouble keeping up with Build a Bear.

I do see the cameleon from Tangled (forgot his name) coming home with us...cute!

I MUST have that 40th handbag and Mickey ears! I hope they don't sell out.

I have already shown Lexi the new mugs and she has claimed the Turquoise one (her favorite color).
So I will be with my fellow DIS friends and go with the Fushia!
My DMom will get the Yellow.

I just love them...they are so colorful and remind me of Florida!

Taking a picture of the napkins is exactly why we love you!

I forgot to ask you how you both liked the Free Dining plan?


kschafer ... I hope your meeting goes well!
You deserve to be paid what you are worth!
We liked the dining plan, and even with sharing with Trent and Tanya, we had plenty. We did do two table service meals, so that stretched things out a bit. We do not get desserts at our meals, though, so I kept forgetting to get a dessert. We ended up with 19 snack credits left at the end. The TS dining plan would be way too much for us, but the QS was nice.

I guess us 'old' people all get the yellow mugs, huh?

I know you will enjoy the BOG podcast. Like I said, scroll through some past ones and see the things that you are specifically interested in. Some are a lot of chitchat, but some are very informative, and the podcasters seem like a nice, down-to-earth group of people. The format is very different from the DIS, so if you listen to all of them, you can get Disney just about any day you want to in any form you like.

P.S. The chameleon is Pascal.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
That picture of the pool is exactly why I don't especially want t go to WDW in the winter. I worry that there will be a lot of stuff closed and work going on everywhere. Did you run into that much more during your trip? My DD gets a winter break at the end of February every year and it would be the perfect time for us to go though.

Cute napkins! I don't blame you for taking a picture of them. I do crazy stuff like that too. I usually stash some in my pocket to bring home also!
There was a lot of stuff going on in Magic Kingdom on Main Street and in Fantasyland.

It is possible that I brought home a handful of napkins to enjoy my PBJ by at my desk.



Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
It's about time for the new mugs!

and shopping pictures, Yay!!!
I knew you would be thrilled about both of those things.

I suppose you want the pink mug, too???



Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I had to wait for the third day of my trip to buy the new mug. I ask about them everyday, but they refused to put them out until most of the old mugs were gone. When I ask about them several of the CM's were surprised there were new mugs. I bought a mug with the blue lid. By the time we left most of the mugs out had yellow lids. Blue and pink were the popular choices.
Poor little yellows.

They were just putting the new ones on the stands when we got there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
I think Bella ran off with the thought that the shorter line would get her to Disney sooner.
I've had my days off running after toddlers, too. Emily was always easy to catch but Amy has always been FAST. The worse was one time in Macy's when she ran out of the fitting room and we were searching for her for a while. E said "I'm going to miss her." as if she'd never see her again.
Yay, for arriving at POP. I think I'm going to be needing a new mug along with a new napkin to keep my mug looking like new.
Poor sister, thinking she had suddenly become an only child!

I guess this summer we can take an old lid to put on a new mug to keep our drinks separate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Yep, gonna have to get a pair of those in October, especially since we'll be there on October 1st. I would love to be at MK that day, but Ray is driving down that day to meet us (Seth and I are coming with Anna and Luke a couple days early) so he won't get there until later. And I don't want to take Seth to MK for the first time unless Ray's with us - it's just too special of an occasion for him to miss. Plus I'm sure the crowds will be horrific there that day!
We'll be in that crazy crowd October 1st, at least for opening. We may not stay long, but we will be there!



Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
Enjoyed the merchandise pictures - I'm already thinking plenty about our August trip and it's nice to see the little things that will have changed like the mugs and yes...the napkins

And Alice has chosen something to add here too:
(I'm guessing that this 3 year old has her eye on some merchandise too!)
There will be many more merchandise pictures, so keep that shopping banana handy!



Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I can't wait to get some 40th Anniversary merchandise----soo exciting!!!

I really like the new mugs! I was getting tired of the red one.

It really gets me in the Disney spirit.
We're always up for new Disney things. A change in the shopping bags gets a smile from us. We're sort of goofy, I guess.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #148
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,801

Actually I'm happy to see the new mugs; we have too many of the old ones. I will probably go with the blue.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #149
vamassey1
DIS Veteran
 
vamassey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 3,243

The sight of the empty pool is so sad. . . .

So glad if will be filled again before your next trip.

Thanks for shopping for us once again. So much to see.
__________________
Newest report! Laissez les bon temps Rouler... Feb 2010...
My first Disney trip report! Hurry and Fly Away to Neverland



April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #150
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran
 
lmillercrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,918

I want a yellow mug!! Yellow is my favorite color! I wish they had resort specific mugs too. It makes me feel special. Keep up the shopping pics.
__________________



Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: