Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
rnorwo1
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have an oil-less fryer? Thoughts on them?

I have been looking at the oil-less, electric fryers... I would love a new way to cook meats easily besides the crock pot. Our friends and family always fry their turkeys and such and, while I love the taste, I'm not going to do that at home for health reasons, so this seems like a great compromise.

So if you have one or have used one, what are your thoughts about them? It's kind of pricey, looks like around $100 for most of them, so I want to make sure I can really get good use out of it and it's not another expensive object cluttering my house. Some of the reviews on Amazon said they cooked unevenly, what has your experience been? I also want to be able to do many meats, not just turkeys, so how easy is it to do other types of meats? Do you have to have different attachments or can you cook anything that can sit in the basket? What kind do you have and what do you like/not like about it? How is the clean up? Any other info you have will be great... thanks!!
rnorwo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

My dad has ALWAYS been the "official turkey fryer" for all holidays. He purchased one of these before Christmas '10. He was scared that the turkey wouldn't be as good as his previous ones, so he fried one in the old fryer & did one in this new oiless fryer. EVERYONE actually liked the new way BETTER!!!! So he's chunking the old one. (That oil costs a fortune, too!)
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
TickleMeTink
Earning My Ears

This is interesting - I have never heard of an oil-less fryer. I will have to look into it.
TickleMeTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

I'm courious as well. Just picked on up at Target today. It was an internet return and marked down to 11.06. Couldn't beat the price so figured I would try it.

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
spacemountainmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
I'm courious as well. Just picked on up at Target today. It was an internet return and marked down to 11.06. Couldn't beat the price so figured I would try it.
Awesome deal!

My dh really wants one, so I would love to hear more about them.

spacemountainmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
rnorwo1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
My dad has ALWAYS been the "official turkey fryer" for all holidays. He purchased one of these before Christmas '10. He was scared that the turkey wouldn't be as good as his previous ones, so he fried one in the old fryer & did one in this new oiless fryer. EVERYONE actually liked the new way BETTER!!!! So he's chunking the old one. (That oil costs a fortune, too!)
That's good to hear... Do you know what kind it is? Has he ever cooked anything else in it?
rnorwo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
kshtiggy
Earning My Ears

We like ours. I like it because it is much healthier than the fried turkeys. However, there is something about that crisp crunchy turkey skin that just can't be beat. My husband likes it becase it seemed to be very windy many times when it was time to cook the turkey and it is not an issues with the oiless cooker. Clean up is easy and everyone enjoyed the food. We have also made chickens it it, which were also very good.
kshtiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: