Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #91
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

we received a very special gift today from blessedmom4 (Judy and family) her and I have connected here on the DIS very recently and have become dear friends already....they sent Megan and early birthday gift and both of us some pixie dust....

a cool blue purse, lotion, shower gel, lip balm, gum, mints, silly banz, glow stickers, art kits, mini scrapbook kit, HSM wash cloth, riddle book, book mark, word search, bracelet and a blue teddy bear!

and my wonderful gifts, a beautiful angel pin and family frame!!

such a wonderful family, we are so blessed to call them friends and can't thank them enough for their sweetness and kindness

Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #92
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Happy St Patricks Day

I can't believe you can do the Single Digit Dance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyteacher View Post
Single digits!!!
I know after planning this trip since August, to have it finally happening in 9 days seems a like unreal at times!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #93
Blyssfull
Mouseketeer

Gosh, you gals deserve to have an amazing trip. I hope y'all have a wonderful time!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #94
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
ooops, sorry Dawn!
there are so many different illnesses they kids have....will be happy to add you to the group

BTW, love the photos of your kiddos, they are cute!
No worries. I can see how everyone would make that mistake.

Thanks, for the compliment on my kiddos. They are my world.

I am going over to your sight just as soon as I get the kiddos in bed. I love what GTKTW does so I really am interested.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #95
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Dear Megan and Lisa,
We were so sorry to have missed your call tonight. Loved hearing from you and Megan's sweet voice brought a smile to all of our faces! It was wonderful to know we made your day a little bit happy. Thank you for posting the beautiful phots of BOTH of you, the children were thrilled to see you smile. I hope you have a truly wonderful, exciting time leading up to your MAGICAL TRIP!!! You both deserve this and SO much more!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #96
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Does this start the single digit dance??

Megan - what are you looking forward to the MOST!! What is your favorite ride?

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #97
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

LOL, I mentioned it on Judy's PTR but I'll say it again, what a nice surprise and wonderful gifts for Megan!! A great way to start off her bday trip!!

BTW Lisa, I love the sign you made for Ana! That is too cute!

Whoo-hoo for the single digit dance!!!

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
Old 03-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #98
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful thing that Judy and her family did for you and Megan! How does it feel to be on the other side of a "give"? You have been a blessing to so many wish families that you and Megan deserve some pixie dust yourselves.

Your trip is getting closer every day and into the single digits!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #99
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
No worries. I can see how everyone would make that mistake.

Thanks, for the compliment on my kiddos. They are my world.

I am going over to your sight just as soon as I get the kiddos in bed. I love what GTKTW does so I really am interested.
happy you're going to check out the Big Give site...its not mine though, I'm a member only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Dear Megan and Lisa,
We were so sorry to have missed your call tonight. Loved hearing from you and Megan's sweet voice brought a smile to all of our faces! It was wonderful to know we made your day a little bit happy. Thank you for posting the beautiful phots of BOTH of you, the children were thrilled to see you smile. I hope you have a truly wonderful, exciting time leading up to your MAGICAL TRIP!!! You both deserve this and SO much more!
she was so excited for your gift! sorry we missed you too, let me know when a good time to call and we'll call again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Does this start the single digit dance??

Megan - what are you looking forward to the MOST!! What is your favorite ride?
yes it does...well until we leave for GA, WDW is still 12 days out!
I asked Megan earlier, but didn't have a change to post until now....she's looking forward to EVERYTHING and her favorite ride is EE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
LOL, I mentioned it on Judy's PTR but I'll say it again, what a nice surprise and wonderful gifts for Megan!! A great way to start off her bday trip!!

BTW Lisa, I love the sign you made for Ana! That is too cute!

Whoo-hoo for the single digit dance!!!
thanks Crissy, it was a very nice surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
What a wonderful thing that Judy and her family did for you and Megan! How does it feel to be on the other side of a "give"? You have been a blessing to so many wish families that you and Megan deserve some pixie dust yourselves.

Your trip is getting closer every day and into the single digits!
Judy and her family are so sweet to think of us!! it was a bit surreal to receive a "give"
we have truly been blessed by everyone who we come in contact here on the DIS.....we love our "Friends in the Box"!!!

Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #100
jj0plin
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures and pixie dust, Judy is awesome!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:34 AM   #101
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we received a very special gift today from blessedmom4 (Judy and family) her and I have connected here on the DIS very recently and have become dear friends already....they sent Megan and early birthday gift and both of us some pixie dust....

a cool blue purse, lotion, shower gel, lip balm, gum, mints, silly banz, glow stickers, art kits, mini scrapbook kit, HSM wash cloth, riddle book, book mark, word search, bracelet and a blue teddy bear!

and my wonderful gifts, a beautiful angel pin and family frame!!

such a wonderful family, we are so blessed to call them friends and can't thank them enough for their sweetness and kindness
Love the pics and how cool is it that you got some pixie dust?!

I want to let everyone know that I am a member on the Big give site as well and it really is rewarding to share a little something with some of the MAW families. I also want to put in a good word for Lisa because not only is she a member, I think she participates in every single Big Give that gets posted. She is always there to help out. And along with her daughter Megan, she is working on a project to get blankets and stuffed animals to an orphanage being developed in Haiti. So Lisa, since you don't tute your own horn I'm doing it for you!

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 03-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #102
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post

I want to let everyone know that I am a member on the Big give site as well and it really is rewarding to share a little something with some of the MAW families. I also want to put in a good word for Lisa because not only is she a member, I think she participates in every single Big Give that gets posted. She is always there to help out. And along with her daughter Megan, she is working on a project to get blankets and stuffed animals to an orphanage being developed in Haiti. So Lisa, since you don't tute your own horn I'm doing it for you!

I second that TOOT!!!

I would also like to say that Haiti holds a very special place in Lisa's heart. We wanted to contribute to the blanket project; however, it is full, thay have plenty to share! If you still want to help Lisa help Haiti, PM her and she will let you know of a very special orphanage in need (that is where the blankets are going). I hope you don't mind me sharing that Lisa, if you do, let me know and I will delete my post!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #103
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post

thank you Andrea, you are too sweet...no I'm not a horn tooter, but will toot the horn of the orphange....I can't post the link here on the DIS, but will happily send you a PM if you request.....BTW we aren't doing the stuffed animals after all, has to do with germs and such with the kids...but the blanket project has done TERRIFIC thanks to the ladies on the Disboutique Thread ~~~ they are also involved with the Big Gives, they are the ones who started it and are amazing ladies who sew the most beautiful outfits for the kids going on their MAW trip!!!
I seem to see your name on all the Gives too Andrea, so you need to toot your horn a bit too

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

I second that TOOT!!!

I would also like to say that Haiti holds a very special place in Lisa's heart. We wanted to contribute to the blanket project; however, it is full, thay have plenty to share! If you still want to help Lisa help Haiti, PM her and she will let you know of a very special orphanage in need (that is where the blankets are going). I hope you don't mind me sharing that Lisa, if you do, let me know and I will delete my post!
No I don't mind you sharing it Judy!

The orphange they are talking about was started by another family who's DD was killed in the earthquake, she was also at the Hotel Montana....Britney Gengel from Lynn University, they are fullfilling her dream of having an orphange built in her memory! they are in the process of bldg it, they have hired Haitian workers for the bldg process, so they are already giving back to the community and they hope to have it done by 1/12/2012 and I hope Megan and I can go to the dedication and visit the Memorial Garden that was built at the Montana site.
We plan on meeting the Gengel family...finally...this summer when we visit our friends in NY!
The DIS board hasn't approved my listing the website here, but I can PM you the info if you feel you can help out.
Helping with the orphange is another step for our healing, helping us make something good come out of our tragedy of losing Jim! Megan and I feel like we will be surregate "aunties" to the 66 children and hope to help make their lives a little bit brighter!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #104
mommy2mrb

just got a call from my friend Lorie in GA....we have a little change in our plans....still going to visit them, but we are going to spend Sunday and Monday night at Mexico beach near Tallahasse!!! with her kids and grandkids, Megan will be so excited!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #105
sheridee32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
just got a call from my friend Lorie in GA....we have a little change in our plans....still going to visit them, but we are going to spend Sunday and Monday night at Mexico beach near Tallahasse!!! with her kids and grandkids, Megan will be so excited!
That will be neat we are going to Savahana GA, the 11th of April we are going to Paula Deans looking so forward to it. I know yall cant wait to get started on your journey I get on several times a day to see what is going on

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: