Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #61
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,231

really sorry about your loss. Losing close family has to be one of the toughest things in the world to deal with. I hope you have a great trip and create lots of new healing memories
petals is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #62
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran
 
smileycrissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida
Posts: 849

Aw Lisa, thanks for sharing Jim's story and Megan's special shelf. She seems like such a sweetheart.

I hope these next few days fly by so your trip can begin.

Growing up as a kid I loved when my dad would drive down to FL so we could stop at the FL Welcome Center for the OJ. Make sure you guys stop for some when you make the drive back from GA to Disney.
__________________


All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #63
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
Growing up as a kid I loved when my dad would drive down to FL so we could stop at the FL Welcome Center for the OJ. Make sure you guys stop for some when you make the drive back from GA to Disney.
Crissy, My children STILL remember that OJ! Absolutely the BEST!! Lisa, DEFINITELY stop going to Georgia for the peach juice and on the way back for OJ!

Lisa, I have officilaly lost it....I just went back through all of the pages twice looking for my post from last night, checking for a response to my question, then I remembered they were PM's not posts...see, I was sleep typing again.

I hope you are feeling confident about having everything ready for a TWO WEEK TRIP! I will miss you! You better be having too much fun to miss me!!!
Lisa keeps asking me when Megan can come over to play and why we don't have a birthday party for her...she doesn't realize how far it is to visit you! Have a Blessed day!(Don't those cupcakes look YUMMY!)

blessedmom4 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #64
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
really sorry about your loss. Losing close family has to be one of the toughest things in the world to deal with. I hope you have a great trip and create lots of new healing memories
thank you petals!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
Aw Lisa, thanks for sharing Jim's story and Megan's special shelf. She seems like such a sweetheart.

I hope these next few days fly by so your trip can begin.

Growing up as a kid I loved when my dad would drive down to FL so we could stop at the FL Welcome Center for the OJ. Make sure you guys stop for some when you make the drive back from GA to Disney.
ah thanks Crissy, she is a little sweety!! the days are flying by, just want this week to be over so I can finish up, at school all week helping out with different areas!
will definately have to try and stop on the way back! love fresh orange juice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Crissy, My children STILL remember that OJ! Absolutely the BEST!! Lisa, DEFINITELY stop going to Georgia for the peach juice and on the way back for OJ!

Lisa, I have officilaly lost it....I just went back through all of the pages twice looking for my post from last night, checking for a response to my question, then I remembered they were PM's not posts...see, I was sleep typing again.

I hope you are feeling confident about having everything ready for a TWO WEEK TRIP! I will miss you! You better be having too much fun to miss me!!!
Lisa keeps asking me when Megan can come over to play and why we don't have a birthday party for her...she doesn't realize how far it is to visit you! Have a Blessed day!(Don't those cupcakes look YUMMY!)

thanks for the cupcakes Judy, the best kind, no calories that's so sweet of Lisa wanting to have a play date and bday party...maybe some day we can come visit!
be careful with that sleep typing...you never know what might happen
I'm not a fan of peaches but maybe will give it a try!


today, busy at school...helping in Megan's class with art project! going to be working with clay, so should be a fun and messy day!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #65
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 13,074

All caught up.

Thank you for sharing the story of your husband. I cannot believe he was only in Haiti for a few hours before the quake hit.

Your plans look awesome! I know you guys will love AKL! We hope to stay there someday.

I love the birthday banner. Melody & I were admiring your work on the door hanger you made for Juliana. I'll post some pics here too once I get them of my camera.

I know you and Megan will have a great trip.... your Goofy Man will be there with you too.
that's nice is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #66
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
All caught up.

Thank you for sharing the story of your husband. I cannot believe he was only in Haiti for a few hours before the quake hit.

Your plans look awesome! I know you guys will love AKL! We hope to stay there someday.

I love the birthday banner. Melody & I were admiring your work on the door hanger you made for Juliana. I'll post some pics here too once I get them of my camera.

I know you and Megan will have a great trip.... your Goofy Man will be there with you too.
thanks Tim
having him there only 3 hours before the quake was probably the most surreal thing....a lot of what if's went through my mind those first few days...

hope you get to stay at AKL someday too....maybe for your little prince's first trip!
so happy Juliana loves her door hanger!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #67
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,626

Hi, just noticed your PTR in your signature so I'm following along with your PTR. Looks like you have everything all planned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thanks we will definately be bringing mini goofy with us for photo ops....especially when we are on the Tea Cups, Jim couldn't handle them, got to dizzy and we love to really get them spinning!
This sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I'm surprising Megan with the Wishes Dessert Party, Wild Africa Trek, Discovery Cove and Grandview Tea.....I've made her "invitations" for each one and will place it next to her pillow each night.....when she was little, she thought Tinkerbell left her invitations, oh how I miss her innocence of the magic at Disney...can't wait to see her face each morning....yes I will be taking photos!

we finished up our shopping today....I've packed my box that I'm shipping down so I won't have to deal with the extra suitcases!

got our Mickey Mail a couple of days ago, double checked all my info and lists....yes I'm a planner....the final countdown has begun
Wow, lots of surprises. Sounds like you will be making lots of great memories. The final countdown is so exciting!!

It is so nice that you guys are getting to go to Georgia before your time at Disney. Thanks for sharing Jim's story with us. Megan's shelf in her room is such a nice way to remember her dad.
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #68
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Hi, just noticed your PTR in your signature so I'm following along with your PTR. Looks like you have everything all planned out.


This sounds like fun.


Wow, lots of surprises. Sounds like you will be making lots of great memories. The final countdown is so exciting!!

It is so nice that you guys are getting to go to Georgia before your time at Disney. Thanks for sharing Jim's story with us. Megan's shelf in her room is such a nice way to remember her dad.
thanks happy to have you follow along!
I have always built in surpises to each of our WDW trips, since we only go about every 3 years want to make the most our of our trip!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #69
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Happy St. Patrick's Day

we are are single digits today 9 days until we leave.....12 days until we get to WDW

Today, working in library at Megan's school with my little kindergarten class, they are sooooo cute and always put a smile on my face

then get to have lunch with my girl....she is the Star Student of the week, so picking up Subway and get to eat with her and her friends! should be interesting and LOUD

doing a final check of my box that I'm shipping tomorrow to POP Century!!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #70
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,781

Happy St Patrick's Day

on being in single digits!!!
TanzUnited99 is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #71
Mom2Miracles
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 334

Excited to see this PTR...not sure where i've been to have missed it. LOL!

I didn't know anything about what you've been through the last 14 months, i'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Its just heartbreaking. I'm so happy to see you and Megan continuing on your Disney traditions, and ready to start some of your own.
__________________
Momma (aka - Kristy) Dadda Peanut (Wish Princess)& Monkey
Princess Peanut's Wish Trip - CWF/GKTW Pre-Trip Report!!
Mom2Miracles is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #72
fulseasmama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 365

Lisa...thank you so much for sharing your families amazing story of love and hope. I am so sorry for your and your daughters loss. I hope your trip is amazing for you and Megan in so many ways. I can tell you I think you will love AKL. We got to stay there for 4 nights after we left GKTW. It was so nice and the kids loved exploring and looking for hidden Mickey's. My mom who can be a bit picky thinks it is one of the best places she has ever stayed...she loved all the detail!

You are such an amazing person with a huge heart...thanks again for sharing your families story. I can't wait to follow along until you leave and then I sure do hope you can do a TR when you get home. Yahoo for a trip to your happy place!
__________________
Erika (Mama of 2 Great Kids) Chris (Fantastic Husband and Papa of 2 Great Kids)
Fuller (Great Big Brother - Age 5) Chelsea (Awesome Little Sis, Leukemia Survivor and Wish Kid - Age 3)
PTR--Bibbiti Bobbiti - Our Boo gets a MAW Trip to meet the Princesses Feb 1-7
Bibbiti Bobbiti Make A Wish Helps our Boo Have Her Princess Wishes Come True!!!
fulseasmama is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #73
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Happy St Patrick's Day

on being in single digits!!!
Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Miracles View Post
Excited to see this PTR...not sure where i've been to have missed it. LOL!

I didn't know anything about what you've been through the last 14 months, i'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Its just heartbreaking. I'm so happy to see you and Megan continuing on your Disney traditions, and ready to start some of your own.
you have a lot on your plate, so don't worry about not seeing my PTR!
thanks for your kind words, its means so much to have the continued support from everyone here on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulseasmama View Post
Lisa...thank you so much for sharing your families amazing story of love and hope. I am so sorry for your and your daughters loss. I hope your trip is amazing for you and Megan in so many ways. I can tell you I think you will love AKL. We got to stay there for 4 nights after we left GKTW. It was so nice and the kids loved exploring and looking for hidden Mickey's. My mom who can be a bit picky thinks it is one of the best places she has ever stayed...she loved all the detail!

You are such an amazing person with a huge heart...thanks again for sharing your families story. I can't wait to follow along until you leave and then I sure do hope you can do a TR when you get home. Yahoo for a trip to your happy place!
ah, thank you! for your kind words too!
I love being able to pay it forward to all the MAW families...it does my heart a world of good!
we do love our POP Century, but really looking forward to our AKL stay, we plan on staying a whole day at the resort just so we can see everything!
I do plan on making this into my TR after we get home!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #74
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 13,074

I know most of you already know how caring and talented Lisa is but I wanted to share this with you. When Lisa found out my DW Melody was pregnant, she wanted to send us a little something......


When we arrived home from Florida we had a ton of mail. There was one package that caught our attention... It was addressed to all of us, so we had to wait till Tuesday night to open it up.



There was a homemade card inside...



Melody reading it....



There was a gift for Juliana....



It was a pink Cinderella sign for her door letting the word know she is the Big Sister!

Why a pink Cinderella? Juliana has an imaginary friend 'Pink Cinderella'... Ana got such a kick out of receiving a pink Cinderella!



Thank you Lisa for the wonderful sign! Juliana loves it and it is hanging in her room right now!
that's nice is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #75
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

okay, you weren't supposed to post it on my PTR...but thanks for letting me see Princess Ana's happy smiling face again!! she brings such sunshine to my heart!! as everyone who has seen it!
since Ana was my first MAW/Big Give you all have a special place in our heart and family...can't wait for the little prince to make his apperance!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: