Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #31
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
yes, we made a mickey head countdown with my cricut!
Megan loves to decorate our POP window....I made her this to celebrate her birthday, will attach it with suction cups to the window

she also puts any of Minnie Mouses that she buys for her collection in the window
Super cute. I love my cricut too!

PS: I meant to mention that we have stayed at AKL a few times and we just love that resort. That is our home resort and DS3 talks about it all the time.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #32
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa!!! I'm going to follow along too! I loved seeing the photo of you and Megan -- I've seen Megan's pics posted somewhere (with her AG clothes) but have never seen you. You are both adorable!

Your trip plans sound WONDERFUL! I'm actually jealous! We stayed at AK and it was fabulous -- had a Savannah view room. I ate at Brown Derby years agao and if it hasn't changed you're in for one yummy meal.

DH DS 11 DD 9

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #33
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
Oh so she's a big Minnie fan? I can't blame her.

How cute, it just clicked that she's going to be 11 in 2011, that means she can get all the '11 dated stuff to hold onto for years to come to remember that she celebrated that at Disney.
Been a Minnie lover since she was about 1 1/2...I didn't think about the '11 dated stuff, that will be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Super cute. I love my cricut too!

PS: I meant to mention that we have stayed at AKL a few times and we just love that resort. That is our home resort and DS3 talks about it all the time.
I love my cricut too, its so fun to create with it! we can't wait for AKL, got a savannah view so I can enjoy my morning coffee and watch the animals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Hi Lisa!!! I'm going to follow along too! I loved seeing the photo of you and Megan -- I've seen Megan's pics posted somewhere (with her AG clothes) but have never seen you. You are both adorable!

Your trip plans sound WONDERFUL! I'm actually jealous! We stayed at AK and it was fabulous -- had a Savannah view room. I ate at Brown Derby years agao and if it hasn't changed you're in for one yummy meal.
thanks for joining Andrea!
ah thanks, that photo was from our April 2010 trip to DLR...Jim's bosses sent us so we could have a little break from reality and stress, they got us rooms at the Grand CA, was so sweet of them!
can't wait for AKL and eating at the new restaurants we picked, its so much fun now that Megan is willing to try new foods and restaurants!!!

think I'm going to wash our new clothes today, one more thing off my to do list!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #34
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Look at all of the love on here already!!

I LOVE that banner you made for the window at POP, how FUN! (Now I have to go find out what a Cricut is, I want one!).

Lisa has laways loved Minnie, I love Crissy's idea...that will make it extra, special for Megan!

I love AL of your plans, yo uare doing everything I have always wanted to do (except for the African Trk...not my thing, I am too Prissy...but I would like it if I could ride in a comfy, air conditioned jeep.

I will be back to see if I missed anything, I have to help Rchel get dressed in her uniform and help her with her "choir hair" It has to be just right and while she cando all of this on her own while on tour...it seems when she is home it is better if I help.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #35
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Coming over to say HI We are getting so close now, that's for sure ! Your Daughter is adorable BTW. I'm sure you see a lot of your DH through her. My children are what keep me going. Without them I'm not sure I would have made it this far. Even with a painful past we at least have a bright future to look forward to through them, right? What a awesome idea with the goofy shirts, how cute! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to meeting you and your DD

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #36
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Any more plans to post? You are so together with everything! Does Megan collect/trade pins?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #37
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Coming over to say HI We are getting so close now, that's for sure ! Your Daughter is adorable BTW. I'm sure you see a lot of your DH through her. My children are what keep me going. Without them I'm not sure I would have made it this far. Even with a painful past we at least have a bright future to look forward to through them, right? What a awesome idea with the goofy shirts, how cute! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to meeting you and your DD
Megan is a lot like her daddy personality wise, but has a bunch of me too! we look forward to meeting you all too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Any more plans to post? You are so together with everything! Does Megan collect/trade pins?
well didn't get anything done today, watched movies and vegged....no more plans to post right now....Megan does have a pin collection and is going to trade for the first time this trip!

so tomorrow I need to get my tush in gear and do my laundry!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #38
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Megan is a lot like her daddy personality wise, but has a bunch of me too! we look forward to meeting you all too!!

I am jealous, in a good way!

well didn't get anything done today, watched movies and vegged....no more plans to post right now....Megan does have a pin collection and is going to trade for the first time this trip!

so tomorrow I need to get my tush in gear and do my laundry!

My old computer froze up briefly and I had to reboot. Megan is going to LOVE pin Trading, I adore it myself! I am afraid I got all of the children hooked as well, even Pete likes it. You will get it all done, I have confidence in you!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #39
mommy2mrb

here is a bit more about our trip to GA...

we are flying into MCO on 3/26 and driving up to GA that night to visit some VERY dear friends..well they are truly our family now...sorry if this is a bit much to read....

Jim was travelling with another man from NY, Joe Guercia and they met up with two other's John Scarboro and David Apperson (John is David's FIL) at the Hotel Montana...Jim and Joe landed in Haiti at 1:45 est, John and David were already there a couple hours before Jim and Joe landed...they had met over a late lunch, talked a bit about the project and their plans for the next two days....went to their rooms just minutes before the earthquake hit....

of the four, John was the only survivor....all three families have bonded over our loss and have become a little family unit....Lorie, David's wife and John's DD came to Jim's memorial, I wasn't able to go to David's due to Megan...
and was able to speak to John numerous times...he gave me information about Jim, what he was wearing, what they had been doing up till minutes before the earthquake....he is our hero and blessing!

we were able to meet up with Lorie, John and Lorie's kids and grandkids in Tahoe in Sept....but was not enough time with them all, so having them be so close to WDW we are taking advantage and getting to visit them all again!
to have more time with our Papa John will bring much needed healing for him and us...he still struggles daily with his survivor guilt!

also, we will be meeting Joe's children and grandchildren this summer when we go to NY....also will be spending time with Jim's boss who is dealing with so much guilt, he was to go to Haiti and asked Jim to go 5 days before since he had a family emergency with his ill father...he struggles so much and his wife is hoping our visit will help him forgive himself (they also came to Jim's memorial).....no matter how many times I tell him its not his fault, he won't let himself believe that, we need to make some happy memories with them all to help us all move forward in our grief.

so as you can see our GA trip and NY trip will be very bittersweet for us all, but to spend time with them is priceless!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #40
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Lisa - that is so wonderful that you have those ties with the other people who were with Jim. I pray that you and Megan can help the others to try to move on a bit with their lives too! It will be nice to spend some quality time with them in GA and NY!!!!

Your trip is going to be super special!!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #41
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
How cute, it just clicked that she's going to be 11 in 2011, that means she can get all the '11 dated stuff to hold onto for years to come to remember that she celebrated that at Disney.
OT -- but this is WDW's 40th anniversary so there are lots of souveniry type stuff with 40th anniversary on them, which will be perfect for couples who are celebrating their 40th at WDW.

Lisa, I've enjoyed reading your introduction to your trip and reading a bit more about Jim. It sounds like you and Megan will have an action packed birthday celebration. Let the Memories CONTINUE.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #42
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Lisa - that is so wonderful that you have those ties with the other people who were with Jim. I pray that you and Megan can help the others to try to move on a bit with their lives too! It will be nice to spend some quality time with them in GA and NY!!!!

Your trip is going to be super special!!!!
I hope it will be a good healing time for us all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
OT -- but this is WDW's 40th anniversary so there are lots of souveniry type stuff with 40th anniversary on them, which will be perfect for couples who are celebrating their 40th at WDW.

Lisa, I've enjoyed reading your introduction to your trip and reading a bit more about Jim. It sounds like you and Megan will have an action packed birthday celebration. Let the Memories CONTINUE.
thanks, I know our trip sounds super busy, but we will have down time too!

here is a picture of my Jim....its in Megan's room with her daddy shelf...

it includes our last family photos right after xmas 09 went snowmobiling in Leavenworth WA...a picture of his puppy Charlie when he was a little boy...a VW, Jim's fav car, the giant shark tooth he found while working at the Charleston SC golf course the day after Megan was born...his room key to the Hotel Montana and a little golfer statue Megan had given him a few bday back! along with the pink bracelet he had given her from a trip that has her name on it.....and finally a small copy of his grave marker..
Old 03-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #43
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Thanks Lisa for sharing with us about Jim! That is really wonderful that you and the other families are keeping in touch after the loss of your loved ones. That common bond is something that will help you all through this grieving process.

What a nice tribute shelf that Megan has in her room for her dad!

Have a nice visit in Georgia! You and Megan are going to make a lot of fun memories celebrating her 11th birthday. Your plans for your trip looks amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it!

God bless,
Gail
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #44
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

I'm so teary eyed seeing the display in Megan's room. It's beautiful, but so bittersweet. I hope Goofy's gal and girl have the greatest Mother/Daughter trip ever. You two so deserve it.

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #45
mommy2mrb

thanks Gail and Andrea.....Megan put it all together herself! I love that Jim photo is looking over her every night!

so all our new stuff is washed a put aside so it doesn't get worn! going to bring my list to Megan's dance class tonight to update and double check!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: