Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #166
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post

we have always gone every 3 years in the past to WDW its quite the trip from the NW to FL , but we have DLR trips every year if that makes it easy for you to bear Tim

BTW, we are going to be in NYC in July, want to bring the girls for a day trip to the city????
LOL I know you visit DL... I was just playing!

DO you know when you are going to be in NYC? I don't know how much Melody can take being that she will be ready to POP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulseasmama View Post
Tim,I have to admit I was cracking up when in your TR you mentioned it would be a long time until your next trip probably and by long time you mean two years! I am glad your family gets the chance to visit often because I can really tell you all love it. I'll be surprised if you stay away for two years....
LOL Well it is hard not to go back because of the family we have in Florida. We HAVE to go visit the mouse too!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #167
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
I know I've planned lots of extras, but knowing we won't be back for another 3-4 + years, want to take advantage of our time there!
3-4 years Boo to that!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #168
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulseasmama View Post
I totally get that...from the West coast it is really a big trip to plan. I am so glad you have all these fun plans. You all are going to make such amazing memories.

I don't see us heading back to WDW until the kids are a quite a bit older so for us it will probably be about 5 years and we have a nice bit of time to spend there too. Like you said Disneyland is not a hard trip to make so that is awesome!

Tim,I have to admit I was cracking up when in your TR you mentioned it would be a long time until your next trip probably and by long time you mean two years! I am glad your family gets the chance to visit often because I can really tell you all love it. I'll be surprised if you stay away for two years....
yah, I don't think Tim will be waiting for two years...I have a feeling they'll be there for the prince's first birthday celebration!

and I love having the extra years inbetween WDW it always seems new to us that way even if there aren't any changes!
we have been to DLR 30+ times since we lived in CA for 7 years and would go for weekend trips quite a lot... but WDW is always a more planned out trip mostly do to the flight and having so much more to see and do!

Hey, do you plan on coming up to Seattle this summer? we would love to meet up with you if you do!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #169
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Lisa, Hijacking your thread to talk to Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
[B]
We spoke to a rep for the Hole in the Wall camp here in CT. It was founded by Paul Newman for cancer kids. I think Juliana would love this experience when she gets older and is able to go.

Juliana will have a BALL!!!! We have Victory Junction here in NC (part of the same Hole in the Wall Gang Camp)...David has been three times for Neurology week and LOVES IT!!!!!! They are amazing! This is his last year to be eligible age wise to go and he is SO WORRIED he will not be allowed, because they will have too many applicants and not enough counselors (that happened to him two years ago). Last year he was wait listed but got in because Mama puts the application in on the very first day it opens up. Some good vibes for David to be able to go one more time would be SO appreciated! Rachel went to sibling camp at VJGC three years ago...she is now eligible for their asthma camp (she developed asthma after having Mono last February...I am a nurse and never had even HEARD of that complication)! Lisa of course will go to Cardiac Camp... WHEN she is old enough, Mama isn't quite ready for that!

I really do think that GKTW is not to be missed! (Judy, I posted something on your thread about staying longer... once you get dates, I will halp you find a place if you'd like)
YES, PLEASE!!!! THANK YOU TIM!!!!
I know Juliana really loved the tea party but I really have to think hard if the $250+ was worth it. I know she really had a great time at the tea. There is the Alice tea which is around $50 or so. There are pics here on the DIS and it looks really fun for the girls.
I would NEVER actually be able to do it...besides, Rachel really IS too old...not in her eyes, but in the eyes of everyone else...Rachel and Lisa were able to attend the Alice Tea back in 2007 (That wonderful Disney Visa and its points). They had an amazing time, my only complaint was they overbooked and had to move Alice (She was sitting with Rachel and Lisa) to make room for three more girls...they pulled up a chair for Alice by the Mad Hatter, but Rachel said she stood up for the most part after that...Lisa had been so excited to sit with Alice, but they STILL had a grand time!

Lisa, we will definitely chat tomorrow, I just wanted to tell you again how very Thankful I am for our new found friendship and delighted to know you! Praying that this trip is ALL that you have dreamed and planned it would be! You are an EXCELLENT Mommy. I hope this trip finds you and Megan healing and bonding in a way that you never have before! God Bless you sweet friend!!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #170
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
LOL I know you visit DL... I was just playing!

DO you know when you are going to be in NYC? I don't know how much Melody can take being that she will be ready to POP!

LOL Well it is hard not to go back because of the family we have in Florida. We HAVE to go visit the mouse too!
Tim,
I totally understand if you can't come in, but just wanted to let you know since we will be so close....
we are going 7/7 - 7/19 to NYC
7/7 - 7/10 in Long Island visiting Jim's boss and his family...also meeting one of the other families of one of the men who died that was with Jim, so that part of our trip has a lot of healing for us all!
7/10 - 7/13 in NJ visiting friends (we lived there 10/00 - 12/01)
7/13 - 7/19 in NYC have a DIS meet planned for Saturday with a bunch of ladies from the scrapbook forum and also a tenitive meet up with the Gengel family who lost their DD Brit in Haiti...we are helping them with their orphanage there in Haiti.

Petals,
I know 3-4 years seems like a long time, but in a way it always seems new to us this way...but we might get back sooner, we do want to see the new Fantasyland done!

Judy,
my sweet friend, you are always so kind and caring to everyone even with so much going on in your life.
I will call you in the morning and no problem highjacking my thread to talk to Tim, whatever I need to do to help make this trip happen and be happy, magical and fun I will do!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 AM   #171
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

LISA!!! It really IS late. As soon as we hung up I realized I hadn't told you we received your's and Megan's sweet Thank you notes! LOVED them!!!! Megan's was so cute , I love handmade cards and YOU made yours as well, didin't you?? It was so sweet! THANK You dear frined and I look forward to hearing all of the wonderful news! Now I really AM going to bed!

Blessings,
Judy
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #172
blessedmom4

Quote:
Judy,
my sweet friend, you are always so kind and caring to everyone even with so much going on in your life.
I will call you in the morning and no problem highjacking my thread to talk to Tim, whatever I need to do to help make this trip happen and be happy, magical and fun I will do!!!
You are the sweet one Lisa, Thank you! Loved our chat, going to go relax and sleep for a bit. I hope that is where YOU went and sleep is not elusive tonight!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:54 AM   #173
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am really late!!!

Sorry.... I am probably the last one here.

It sounds like you and Megan will have a spectacular time! She will love everything that you have planned for her birthday. I can't wait to hear all about it!

D~
Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #174
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
LISA!!! It really IS late. As soon as we hung up I realized I hadn't told you we received your's and Megan's sweet Thank you notes! LOVED them!!!! Megan's was so cute , I love handmade cards and YOU made yours as well, didin't you?? It was so sweet! THANK You dear frined and I look forward to hearing all of the wonderful news! Now I really AM going to bed!

Blessings,
Judy
happy you got the cards, yes I made mine too!
it was wonderful to talk to you last night! hope you got a great night sleep! I did pretty good considering !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
You are the sweet one Lisa, Thank you! Loved our chat, going to go relax and sleep for a bit. I hope that is where YOU went and sleep is not elusive tonight!
hope we can sleep tonight too! but since we are who knows what will happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Sorry.... I am probably the last one here.

It sounds like you and Megan will have a spectacular time! She will love everything that you have planned for her birthday. I can't wait to hear all about it!

D~
its never to late to join in D! we are so excited our trip is FINALLY HERE

This time tomorrow we will be checking in at the airport its so hard to believe its finally here...seven months of planning, hundreds of hours on the DIS ....I'm going to have major withdrawls the next two weeks ...lists, shopping, more planning and now its here

Thanks to all who have join along for our trip, you support and kind words means so much to us!

I don't think I will have the opportunity to check in, but plan on calling blessedmom4, Judy, a few times, so she will post a mini update here for me!

Today, have Megan's bday party at school - DONUTS -
a couple of loads of laundry to do - need some clothes to wear when we get home
empty fridge and dishwasher
trash duty
final check of lists and packing
megan and I have nail appts after school
spaghetti dinner/auction at her school tonight - yay my no cooking vaca is starting a day early!
load up suitcases tonight!
bed early

I'll be checking in later today!
Thanks again everyone! see you in two weeks!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #175
ellenbenny
DIS Veteran

Lisa and Megan - Have an amazing and magical trip
Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #176
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I saw you post on the Official March thread today. I'm hopping on board, very late. Will read through all the posts and hopefully catch up! From what I read so far it sounds like you have an awesome trip planned.

Sending good thoughts, prayers and pixie dust, for continued healing and an awesome mother daughter birthday bash and vacation!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #177
brookerene
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #178
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

I hope you and Megan have a super trip and that her birthday is very magical!!!

Cassey
Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #179
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Lisa, have an absolutely fabulous trip, and the happiest of all birthdays to Megan!

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 03-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #180
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbenny View Post
Lisa and Megan - Have an amazing and magical trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I saw you post on the Official March thread today. I'm hopping on board, very late. Will read through all the posts and hopefully catch up! From what I read so far it sounds like you have an awesome trip planned.

Sending good thoughts, prayers and pixie dust, for continued healing and an awesome mother daughter birthday bash and vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookerene View Post
Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
I hope you and Megan have a super trip and that her birthday is very magical!!!

Cassey
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Lisa, have an absolutely fabulous trip, and the happiest of all birthdays to Megan!
Thank you everyone for Happy Birthday Wishes for my girl and well wishes for our trip!

have almost everything done, waiting on a load of laundry to be put in the dryer, so though I'd come DIS a little bit more....I'm going to have some major withdrawls from here the next two weeks
leave in a hour to p/u Megan for our nail appts, looking forward to a bit of pamering for my feet!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: