Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 04:35 AM   #151
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Gosh, I am SOOOOOOOOO Far behind!! Package sent, plans finished, packing done!
Megan is going to be SUPER excited at all of the special plans! WISHES Dessert sounds YUMMY and the Grand Floridian Tea is just such an elegant touch to everything! I really wanted to do the Tea Party for the girls with Aurora (Rachel's favorite ) at the GF but the price...What I most want to hear about is Discovery Cove...SIMPLY AMAZING!!! We have seen a few shows filmed there and of all of the things you are doing, that is the one I REALLY wish we could do also...but the cost times six......unless I win that elusive lottery tht I never play! I pray today is an amazing day for you all and that you feel the love, warmth and support of MANY!!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #152
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Gosh, I am SOOOOOOOOO Far behind!! Package sent, plans finished, packing done!
Megan is going to be SUPER excited at all of the special plans! WISHES Dessert sounds YUMMY and the Grand Floridian Tea is just such an elegant touch to everything! I really wanted to do the Tea Party for the girls with Aurora (Rachel's favorite ) at the GF but the price...What I most want to hear about is Discovery Cove...SIMPLY AMAZING!!! We have seen a few shows filmed there and of all of the things you are doing, that is the one I REALLY wish we could do also...but the cost times six......unless I win that elusive lottery tht I never play! I pray today is an amazing day for you all and that you feel the love, warmth and support of MANY!!!!

thank you for my flowers
The Aurora tea party is quite expensive, but the Grandview Tea is a different thing...no characters, just the tea and there are different "packages" or you can order ala'cart....I think Rachel is too old for the other one anyways...so look into the Grandview Tea instead...
I think I'm most excited about Discovery Cove...Megan has wanted to swim with dolphins for so long!
Maybe Lisa could have Discovery Cove as part of her Wish!
Hope today is a great day for you! is Rachel feeling better???
being sent!

so today is CLEANING DAY I hate to clean house, but want everything nice a tidy before we leave....plus that way won't have to do it when I get home for a bit

Megan gets out early today (all week actually for conferences) we have an appt at 1:30 for her to be "interviewed" by the grief counselor for Camp Erin....a wonderful camp for kids who have lost a loved one...that she will be attending in August...her first sleep away!

then off to the mall to pick up a bday gift for her friend in NJ so I can get it in the mail on Friday
taking my mom to dinner tonight
home to get homework done
bed early! I'm sleeping good until 3:30/4:00 but then awake...think I have to much on my mind or "Too Excited To Sleep" syndrome!
hope everyone has a wonderful day!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #153
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Gosh Lisa, you have 3 days left! I don't blame you on the sleeping problem, I know I have that problem too. I always figure I can sleep on the plane but never end up sleeping on the plane because I'm still too excited and anxious.

Good planning on cleaning before you leave. I hope you had a wonderful dinner with your Mom.

How long will it take for you to know if Megan is accepted for that camp?

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #154
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thank you for my flowers
The Aurora tea party is quite expensive, but the Grandview Tea is a different thing...no characters, just the tea and there are different "packages" or you can order ala'cart....I think Rachel is too old for the other one anyways...so look into the Grandview Tea instead...

She wouldn't care, she is living her second childhood. It looked like such a great time on Tim's report for Ana...I wanted to do it when they did the Alice Tea Party and there is NO way I could pay for it. Looking forward to hearing how the Grand Tea goes...should be a BLAST!!!

I think I'm most excited about Discovery Cove...Megan has wanted to swim with dolphins for so long!
I know the feeling, it is going to be awesome!
Maybe Lisa could have Discovery Cove as part of her Wish!

From what I have read on the DIS you can either have the Dolphin experience (NO DISNEY, etc) OR the GKTW experience...We are simply Thankful for ANY experience and I KNOW she HAS to go to GKTW!!!
Hope today is a great day for you! is Rachel feeling better???
being sent!
Today was a good day, for the most part, for Rachel...each day has it's ups and downs; however, the PRAYERS have made SUCH a difference!

so today is CLEANING DAY I hate to clean house, but want everything nice a tidy before we leave....plus that way won't have to do it when I get home for a bit
Did you finish???? Want to come help me clean mine???
Megan gets out early today (all week actually for conferences) we have an appt at 1:30 for her to be "interviewed" by the grief counselor for Camp Erin....a wonderful camp for kids who have lost a loved one...that she will be attending in August...her first sleep away!
Yea for getting out early! I am SOOOOOOO Happy she gets to go to camp, it will be a blast!
then off to the mall to pick up a bday gift for her friend in NJ so I can get it in the mail on Friday
You are SO generous!
taking my mom to dinner tonight
Hope you had fun!
home to get homework done
bed early! I'm sleeping good until 3:30/4:00 but then awake...think I have to much on my mind or "Too Excited To Sleep" syndrome!
hope everyone has a wonderful day!
TOO much on your mind AND excitement!!! Hugs dear friend...Your trip is almost here!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #155
blessedmom4

Okay I really DO type slowly! We were posting at the same time...GREAT MINDS think alike!!!! Glad you had fun!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #156
mommy2mrb

Today went well, house all cleaned! opened windows for awhile since it was about 57! dinner with mom down at the marina was beautiful!

Camp Erin is a free camp for kids who have lost a loved one....it was started a few years back by a former Seattle Mariner Jamie Moyer (sp?) and his family...it is through the local Hospice groups (we do our grief counseling through Hospice) which is also a free service, even though we didn't use Hospice due to any illness, they still offer the free service to those in need!
The interview was pretty much just a get to know you and question answers session, we already knew Megan gets to go.

as far as my sleeping that has been an issue for the last couple of years due to my getting older...but got really bad when Jim was missing and afterwards I am slowly "learning" how to sleep again...it is getting better,I am now getting between 5-6 hours of GOOD sleep every night! which is so much better than the maybe 1-3 hours I was getting this time last year.

Judy, I hope you and the girls will be able to go to the Grandview Tea, will let you know all about it so you can make a decision.

I wasn't sure how all the MAW packages worked...I'm sure Disney and getting to stay at GKTW will be something you shouldn't miss, especially after reading all the wonderful things they do there from Juliana's trip!
hope you can figure out a way to stay a couple more days too....I know the All Star resorts have family suites...its a value resort, so that might be a good option...have stayed there, but have heard good things and one of them resorts is All Star Music! so the girls would probably love it!

Old 03-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #157
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Today went well, house all cleaned! opened windows for awhile since it was about 57! dinner with mom down at the marina was beautiful!
that's nice!!!!

It's been snowing on and off here all day. It has been about 34 though so it wasn't sticking on the roads.

Quote:
Camp Erin is a free camp for kids who have lost a loved one....it was started a few years back by a former Seattle Mariner Jamie Moyer (sp?) and his family...it is through the local Hospice groups (we do our grief counseling through Hospice) which is also a free service, even though we didn't use Hospice due to any illness, they still offer the free service to those in need!
The interview was pretty much just a get to know you and question answers session, we already knew Megan gets to go.
That sounds like it is going to be a great experience for her!

We spoke to a rep for the Hole in the Wall camp here in CT. It was founded by Paul Newman for cancer kids. I think Juliana would love this experience when she gets older and is able to go.

I'm sure the fact that you are leaving in 3 days isn't helping your sleeping! I usually have numerous Disney dreams for the week leading up to our trips.

I really do think that GKTW is not to be missed! (Judy, I posted something on your thread about staying longer... once you get dates, I will halp you find a place if you'd like)

I know Juliana really loved the tea party but I really have to think hard if the $250+ was worth it. I know she really had a great time at the tea. There is the Alice tea which is around $50 or so. There are pics here on the DIS and it looks really fun for the girls.

Lisa... I hope you & Megan have the most wonderful trip!!! I won't be on here much through the weekend. I cannot wait to hear all about it when you get back!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #158
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
that's nice!!!!

It's been snowing on and off here all day. It has been about 34 though so it wasn't sticking on the roads.

That sounds like it is going to be a great experience for her!

We spoke to a rep for the Hole in the Wall camp here in CT. It was founded by Paul Newman for cancer kids. I think Juliana would love this experience when she gets older and is able to go.

I'm sure the fact that you are leaving in 3 days isn't helping your sleeping! I usually have numerous Disney dreams for the week leading up to our trips.

I really do think that GKTW is not to be missed! (Judy, I posted something on your thread about staying longer... once you get dates, I will halp you find a place if you'd like)

I know Juliana really loved the tea party but I really have to think hard if the $250+ was worth it. I know she really had a great time at the tea. There is the Alice tea which is around $50 or so. There are pics here on the DIS and it looks really fun for the girls.

Lisa... I hope you & Megan have the most wonderful trip!!! I won't be on here much through the weekend. I cannot wait to hear all about it when you get back!
more white stuff for youguys isn't it spring hope you don't get anymore!

The Hole in the Wall camp is supposed to be great, hope Ana can experience it too!
Megan is looking forward to going, I know it will give her a lot of great tools to help her deal with any ongoing grief issues as she gets older.
Your too sweet to want to help Judy, she is such a blessing to all of us here on the board and I want to help make their trip extra special!
Thanks for the well wishes, will probably have my last post tomorrow night and not sure if I'll be able to post during our trip or not!

so today, working at Megan's school library, running to PO, home to do a load of towels and pack a couple more little things!
In 48 hours we will be sitting in the first class lounge having pancakes! Its so hard to believe after 7 months of planning its almost here

Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #159
fulseasmama
Mouseketeer

Your trip is almost here...I am so excited for you and Megan. After reading about all of your plans I just know it is going to filled with magical surprises for you both. What a great way to celebrate Megan's Birthday...you are a great mom to plan so much for her. I hope you have very safe travels and that everything goes better then planned.

Have a magical wonderful time...I'll be thinking about you while you are gone and will be excited to hear all about it when you get back.
Bibbiti Bobbiti Make A Wish Helps our Boo Have Her Princess Wishes Come True!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #160
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulseasmama View Post
Your trip is almost here...I am so excited for you and Megan. After reading about all of your plans I just know it is going to filled with magical surprises for you both. What a great way to celebrate Megan's Birthday...you are a great mom to plan so much for her. I hope you have very safe travels and that everything goes better then planned.

Have a magical wonderful time...I'll be thinking about you while you are gone and will be excited to hear all about it when you get back.
Thanks Erika I know I've planned lots of extras, but knowing we won't be back for another 3-4 + years, want to take advantage of our time there!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #161
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Thanks Erika I know I've planned lots of extras, but knowing we won't be back for another 3-4 + years, want to take advantage of our time there!
WHAT????? Say it isn't so!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #162
mommy2mrb

Quote:

we have always gone every 3 years in the past to WDW its quite the trip from the NW to FL , but we have DLR trips every year if that makes it easy for you to bear Tim

BTW, we are going to be in NYC in July, want to bring the girls for a day trip to the city????

Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #163
babynala
DIS Veteran

You are so organized getting all your cleaning done in advance. Sometimes my house looks like we've been robbed when we get home but its just because I made a huge mess trying to get everything packed!!

I think the tea for Megan will be lots of fun. I think she is a good age and in a few years she might not be into it anymore. Discovery Cove sounds like so much fun. I REALLY want to take my kids there.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return. I hope you guys enjoy yourselves.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #164
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
You are so organized getting all your cleaning done in advance. Sometimes my house looks like we've been robbed when we get home but its just because I made a huge mess trying to get everything packed!!

I think the tea for Megan will be lots of fun. I think she is a good age and in a few years she might not be into it anymore. Discovery Cove sounds like so much fun. I REALLY want to take my kids there.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return. I hope you guys enjoy yourselves.
Thanks ...
well I hate to clean house and I know when I get back the last thing I'm going to want to do is clean....I am going to want to start our TR and getting photos uploaded!
The tea is the "real" one at GF, not the princess one, so its more "grown up" ..she did the Alice in Wonderland when she was 5 and loved that one...I think the Princess one is only up to 11 or 12, but she feels she's too "old"for it sad mama face.
will let you know about Discovery Cove, can't wait to swim with the dolphins!

Old 03-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #165
fulseasmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I totally get that...from the West coast it is really a big trip to plan. I am so glad you have all these fun plans. You all are going to make such amazing memories.

I don't see us heading back to WDW until the kids are a quite a bit older so for us it will probably be about 5 years and we have a nice bit of time to spend there too. Like you said Disneyland is not a hard trip to make so that is awesome!

Quote:
Tim,I have to admit I was cracking up when in your TR you mentioned it would be a long time until your next trip probably and by long time you mean two years! I am glad your family gets the chance to visit often because I can really tell you all love it. I'll be surprised if you stay away for two years....
Bibbiti Bobbiti Make A Wish Helps our Boo Have Her Princess Wishes Come True!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: